Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.

dogstile posted:

I love how every time I played with pubbies, they'd ignore every trash mob when hans was about, then eventually get grabbed in gas.

Goddammit pubbies.

Every time I play Medic with pubbies, I usually end up dying by focusing on keeping my teammates alive and not having enough time to hide and recover myself. :(
Then they all start healing each other with their syringes after I die. Where's MY welfare healing? :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Alteisen posted:

You do, a friend of mine is leveling zerk like me but carries around the medic pistol and he leveled medic to 1 just from healing people.

I'm more wondering if you are Support and you shoot a FP with the Varmint rifle before you unload an AA12 into it would you get the full experience for both Commando and Support.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Mans posted:

24 pages and not a single gif?

Disappointed.

Good point. Gonna have to keep Shadowplay running in the future, this game has a ridiculous amount of giffable moments.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Is it possible to put a button to change your perk. I accidently changed perk when I was checking out my support welding experience mid-game. Caught me by surprise the next round.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Cerepol posted:

Is it possible to put a button to change your perk. I accidently changed perk when I was checking out my support welding experience mid-game. Caught me by surprise the next round.

I did this exact thing. Clicking a perk in the menu shouldn't change it instantly.

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Mar 31, 2022

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Parry, parry, parry. If you're close enough to bait the boss into melee attacks, you can stunlock him forever by just parrying right.

If I remember correctly, you used to be able to put Patriarch in a permanent stunlock and that got patched mighty quick.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

so is this game good?

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Fullhouse posted:

so is this game good?

It's a little low on classes/weapons/maps, but what's there is super well polished and a ton of fun.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Parry, parry, parry. If you're close enough to bait the boss into melee attacks, you can stunlock him forever by just parrying right.

With all this parrying it's even more important that we get custom playlists or soundtrack mods so I can replace the music with the Metal Gear Rising soundtrack.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Taffer posted:

I did this exact thing. Clicking a perk in the menu shouldn't change it instantly.

As long as you don't exit back to the game when looking at a different perk, it won't change.

Always make sure to highlight your original perk before exiting the menu or else it will change, and you won't get a second chance until next shop period.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Opposing Farce posted:

With all this parrying it's even more important that we get custom playlists or soundtrack mods so I can replace the music with the Metal Gear Rising soundtrack.

There's even a stupid widget that appears at the top of the screen with the current track name so yeah, seriously, let the game pull from mp3 files in a specific directory so we can build our own tracklist and Rules of Nature all the way to winning.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

Mans posted:

Disappointed.

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

Fullhouse posted:

so is this game good?

For someone who didn't play the first KF, aka me, I'm very entertained despite it being Early Access.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Mans posted:

Disappointed.

Have two more, too

(I'm bad at optimizing for .gif so I just link .gifv files :shrug:)

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
I'm trying to get my friends to buy and play this game with me. One of them only has a video card with 512MB RAM and is therefore slightly worried it'll run like poo poo on his computer. Does anyone know how it performs on older hardware?

Edit: Thanks, that's good news!
vvvv

Badly Jester fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Apr 23, 2015

Thurm
Nov 11, 2008

Badly Jester posted:

I'm trying to get my friends to buy and play this game with me. One of them only has a video card with 512MB RAM and is therefore slightly worried it'll run like poo poo on his computer. Does anyone know how it performs on older hardware?

My video card only has 512MB RAM and the game runs fine on medium settings.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

ClonedPickle posted:

Have two more, too

(I'm bad at optimizing for .gif so I just link .gifv files :shrug:)

Yo why you gotta leave a clot hanging like that. He was diving for a high five and you just take his head off.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Number one reason I miss Demo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UluoVyH3X7Q

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I like that there's a sign in BioLabs telling people not to swim in the Clot Mother tank because the liquid in it is not water :gonk:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Is that Combat Shotty even worth it as support? I prefer going straight from the double-barrel to the AA12. There's no damage difference at all among those three, and I could give a rat's rear end about accuracy, because shotguns. Even the decreased fire rate of the double-barrel compared to the Combat seems negated by just having someone cover my rear end while I use the special two-shot thing on the double-barrel.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

UltraVariant posted:

Is that Combat Shotty even worth it as support? I prefer going straight from the double-barrel to the AA12. There's no damage difference at all among those three, and I could give a rat's rear end about accuracy, because shotguns. Even the decreased fire rate of the double-barrel compared to the Combat seems negated by just having someone cover my rear end while I use the special two-shot thing on the double-barrel.

The combat shotgun sucked in KF1, and it sucks in KF2. I just skip it.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

UltraVariant posted:

Combat shotgun sucks rear end, but having a tighter spread is pretty decent actually. It's really noticeable when spraying down a hallway with a hunting shotgun versus the AA-12 or even the pump-action.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Kris xK posted:

The combat shotgun sucked in KF1, and it sucks in KF2. I just skip it.
I used it in KF2 because I just followed the normal progression of shotguns (besides Vlad, because euuuugh). I didn't really see much of a significant difference when I upgraded to the combat shotty.

MarlyB
Feb 26, 2006

arm

Akumos posted:

Player collision is disabled on my server :smug:

How did you do this? I took a quick look through some of the server ini files but didn't see anything.

az
Dec 2, 2005

Sorry if it's been posted before but is there a way to manually add favorites?

Also I looked through the op but couldn't find the goon server addresses, anyone help me out? Today the ingame browser is being snippy and refuses to find them for me.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Sometime about the Cyst animations kept reminding me of something I'd seen elsewhere. I finally figured it out.

Venture clone slugs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhZjQwHJFJY

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Mar 31, 2022

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

MarlyB posted:

How did you do this? I took a quick look through some of the server ini files but didn't see anything.

The darkest of dark magic for web clients.

MarlyB
Feb 26, 2006

arm

az posted:

Sorry if it's been posted before but is there a way to manually add favorites?

Also I looked through the op but couldn't find the goon server addresses, anyone help me out? Today the ingame browser is being snippy and refuses to find them for me.

There isn't one that I'm aware of. You have to find the server in server browser, go into server details and click the star icon to add to your favorites.

You can also use the console( ` ) and "open <server hostname>"

A few pages back someone had just setup their server hostname as 'goonfloor2.gameservers.com'?

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

This should be one of the level 25 demo perks.

Analog
Feb 2, 2001

MarlyB posted:

Set bDisableTeamCollision to True in your PC-Server-KFGame.ini file.

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running

ShadowMar posted:

This should be one of the level 25 demo perks.

When you die you go out with a bang. :getin:

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
A miniature trophy system hat that targets crawlers and gibs them mid leap.

az
Dec 2, 2005

MarlyB posted:

There isn't one that I'm aware of. You have to find the server in server browser, go into server details and click the star icon to add to your favorites.

You can also use the console( ` ) and "open <server hostname>"

A few pages back someone had just setup their server hostname as 'goonfloor2.gameservers.com'?

It seems all goon servers have been brought down by the update.

MarlyB
Feb 26, 2006

arm

Analog posted:

Set bDisableTeamCollision to True in your PC-Server-KFGame.ini file.

Thank you. I swear I tried... /Collision

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Broose posted:

A miniature trophy system hat that targets crawlers and gibs them mid leap.

don't even ironically suggest a loving hat system

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I like that there's a sign in BioLabs telling people not to swim in the Clot Mother tank because the liquid in it is not water :gonk:

Even better is that no one EVER puts up a sign preemptively, so someone did it.

srsly: NUMBER ONE FEATURE REQUEST: Make a GTA-esque custom tracks folder so I can have the game automatically, smoothly, and FITTINGLY, start and stop some Meshuggah, Animals As Leaders, Baroness, etc. tracks to kill to. With options to play only my tracks, only defaults, or random.

Also please make a separate folder for between-round music so sometimes it'll play Skullmonkeys' Bonus Room song while I'm at the trader.

Seriously, this I want more than more perks/weapons/levels/features.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

don't even ironically suggest a loving hat system
100 MB update that adds Strange and Unusual weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Badly Jester posted:

Edit: Thanks, that's good news!
vvvv

My PC components are a little over 3 years old and the game runs beautifully, 0 lag or stutter, it seems to auto detect and adjust accordingly, seriously I've said it already but the optimization is just amazing, a breath of fresh air after so many bad ones.

Also I just realized Ana is a reference to return of the living dead, she seems to be a combination of 2 characters from that movie.