Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
tbh i shouldn't complain, ontario is basically the safest place in the world to drive. i wouldn't last a day in india or wherever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

pls don't post my j.o. session

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

lol

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

anyone have the one with the moose?

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer

it is doing a lookup to see if any of your friends or pages match the words you type. if you are upset that facebook is recording your status that is going to be posted to facebook anyway, then u dumb

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

how did you think this worked?

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
* The views, opinions and positions expressed by the pictures and images posted on this forum are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions or positions of myself or any parachute account thereof. I make no representations as to accuracy, completeness, timeliness, suitability or validity of any information presented by individual pictures and/or images and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries or damages arising from its display or use.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

SmokaDustbowl posted:

nightcrawler was a good movie

up here in canada they don't encrypt police poo poo yet so you can listen in. I've been considering streaming it but I wont because that's like super illegal and immoral, like swatting or doxxing people

Not true we just started encrypting police band in Toronto :(

Apparently journalists don't know wtf to do. There was a quintuple shooting last week and the journos didn't know for a few hours apparently.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/04/23/166816_the_pos_pin_for_win_since_1990/

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Not true we just started encrypting police band in Toronto :(

Our police just flat out don't give a poo poo about transparency

quote:

The default position of the Fairfax County Police Department, Pope says, is to decline all requests for information. And not just from the media. When a member of the county SWAT team shot and killed 38-year-old optometrist Sal Culosi Jr. in 2006, it took nearly a year, plus legal action, to get the department to release information about its investigation of the shooting to Culosi’s family. Culosi, who had been suspected of wagering on football games with friends, was also unarmed when he was killed.

funny, most articles by this reporter about this issue on various websites have vanished! Very strange! here's one in the wayback machine

when you start digging all you get is infowars poo poo about official harassment but it's troubling / funny depending on how you look at it

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Apr 23, 2015

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

BANME.sh posted:

it is doing a lookup to see if any of your friends or pages match the words you type. if you are upset that facebook is recording your status that is going to be posted to facebook anyway, then u dumb

they log all this stuff because thats how they can do reports like this self censorship one where they compare posts people type and submit against those they type and dont submit

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2013-12/17/facebook-is-tracking-what-you-dont-do

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Bhodi posted:

who had been suspected of wagering on football games with friends

they sent a SWAT team for this?! Was he wagering with keys of cartel coke?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

univbee posted:

well, when you have a swat team on standby full of surplus military gear and are really juiced up to bust some heads...

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Anaconda Rifle posted:

anyone have the one with the moose?

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

and here is the tusken raider one for good measure

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Linux Pirate posted:

and here is the tusken raider one for good measure

lol

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
stinko

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

quote:

Bishop Fox consultant Byrne and Trustwave testing chief Henderson say passwords Z66816 and 166816 – the 1 and Z being variations according to PoS keyboard layouts – are even being carried across to rival vendors as customers who assume their codes are unique switch equipment.

lmbo it's like a password virus or something

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

lmbo it's like a password virus or something

a meme, if you will

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the main problem is enforcement

cops don't really spend a lotta time writing tickets to bicycle stopsign runners

this happened to me once

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

duTrieux. posted:

a meme, if you will

i will not

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i just remembered that vcr head cleaning tapes existed :nsavince:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kenny Logins posted:

i just remembered that vcr head cleaning tapes existed :nsavince:

i wonder how much head cleaning fluid is actually used for vcr tapes these days :feelsgood:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

a pigeon flew into my window today, and then the fox family came out and had an easy dinner, RIP

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

univbee posted:

it gets even better (worse). the cop overheard some coworkers betting on a football game at a bar, so he went DEEP COVER on them. over a few months, the cop got them to up the frequency and amount of bets until they did $2k in one day to count as a gambling operation. once that happened the cop arranged a meeting to collect winnings at the guy's house, guy walks out of his house to meet his 'friend' and there's a swat team there, and one of them shoots him.

http://www.salon.com/2013/07/07/%E2%80%9Cwhy_did_you_shoot_me_i_was_reading_a_book_the_new_warrior_cop_is_out_of_control/

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

jetz0r posted:

it gets even better (worse). the cop overheard some coworkers betting on a football game at a bar, so he went DEEP COVER on them. over a few months, the cop got them to up the frequency and amount of bets until they did $2k in one day to count as a gambling operation. once that happened the cop arranged a meeting to collect winnings at the guy's house, guy walks out of his house to meet his 'friend' and there's a swat team there, and one of them shoots him.

http://www.salon.com/2013/07/07/%E2%80%9Cwhy_did_you_shoot_me_i_was_reading_a_book_the_new_warrior_cop_is_out_of_control/

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

BANME.sh posted:

facebook records everything i thought, so if you're gonna type something but delete it, there is a stored record of it.... just in case

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

prefect posted:

i wonder how much head cleaning fluid is actually used for vcr tapes these days :feelsgood:

i'm sure there must be vcrphile spergs who obsessively clean the heads every time they watch a tape

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

jetz0r posted:

loving lol

although i'm guessing it's legally not entrapment, holy poo poo is it ever entrapment

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Valeyard posted:

a pigeon flew into my window today, and then the fox family came out and had an easy dinner, RIP

circle of life, etc.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

ah if only it'd played out more like Dre/Snoops Deep Cover :smith:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

jetz0r posted:

put all cops who do poo poo like this through woodchippers and broadcast it on tv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

• Locked thread