Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

oddium posted:

mayhaps you'd enjoy xenoblade chronicles, the single player mmo experience for wii and new 3ds

I'm going to try Xenoblade, wasn't a fan of Witcher though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Cuckoo posted:

I'm going to try Xenoblade, wasn't a fan of Witcher though

Get the Wii version, the 3DS version is inferior in every which way possible.

It somehow makes the game look like even more of a blurry mess. It needs an HD remake moreso than Twilight Princess.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

Get the Wii version, the 3DS version is inferior in every which way possible.

It somehow makes the game look like even more of a blurry mess. It needs an HD remake moreso than Twilight Princess.

That's depressing, was leaning towards the 3DS version. Does the Wii use its gimmick poo poo controls or can it work with classic/wiimote?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Cuckoo posted:

That's depressing, was leaning towards the 3DS version. Does the Wii use its gimmick poo poo controls or can it work with classic/wiimote?

it looks and plays fine on the 3ds but you need a new 3ds to play it. if you get it for wii you can just CC it up

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I had fun with 3d World, but it is quite literally an attempt to blend 3d and 2d mario into one title. Its fun in single player, and the multiplayer REALLY depends on the room you have.

Some critic over at usgamer had a fun analogy for 3d World - its another great flavor of ice cream, but its not necessarily the ice cream flavor you were craving. That's exactly how I feel about it.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Cuckoo posted:

3DS version is fine, though you'll need the New 3DS to play it.

Original Wii version plays best with the pro controller, I pity the poor soul that tries to play that game with a Wiimote.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Cuckoo posted:

3DS version is fine, the controls are pretty much the same as the Wii classic controller. Considering the platform it's running on, it's kind of awesome that Xenoblade can run on it.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

If it uses the classic controller, I'll just stick with that. Thanks for the heads up, everyone.

And yeah the ice cream thing is spot on. To continue the analogy, IMO it just feels like another helping of vanilla soft serve.

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

SatansBestBuddy posted:

3DS version is fine, though you'll need the New 3DS to play it.

Original Wii version plays best with the pro controller, I pity the poor soul that tries to play that game with a Wiimote.

Xenoblade was super easy to control with a Wiimote and nunchuck. I liked it better than a CC since you could move and select artes at the same time

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Gandalf21 posted:

Xenoblade was super easy to control with a Wiimote and nunchuck. I liked it better than a CC since you could move and select artes at the same time

Yeah I played like 100 hours of Xenoblade with this control scheme and thought it worked great. I dunno why they were bundling the game with a classic controller.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

Help Im Alive posted:

Yeah I played like 100 hours of Xenoblade with this control scheme and thought it worked great. I dunno why they were bundling the game with a classic controller.

I played Xenoblade first with a CC and when I restarted I used the Wiimote. The Wiimote felt more natural to use compared to the CC, I tired going back to it and the CC was a pain to use.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
it really doesn't matter what you use, you control everything with the analog stick for both control setups anyways. Nothing is motion controled.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is this the official Nintendo controller in Japan:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Su...=item35e8392403

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Waltzing Along posted:

Yes.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Yeah, the Wiimote was the best control scheme for XB since there was not a single motion input in the game. I pity the poor souls that couldn't easily move and change arts at the same time.

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.

Waltzing Along posted:

Looks like it but you can just get it off Amazon cheaper when you factor in that ebay listing has $9 shipping.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Misandu posted:

Looks like it but you can just get it off Amazon cheaper when you factor in that ebay listing has $9 shipping.

Thanks for the heads up. I just kinda like the white as opposed to all my other black controllers.

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
Xenoblade 3d looks great and plays better. You don't need to move and use arts at the same time.

The wii version is better because you can play it on a much larger screen and the menus are more efficiently laid out.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Party Meiser posted:

Xenoblade 3d looks great and plays better. You don't need to move and use arts at the same time.

The wii version is better because you can play it on a much larger screen and the menus are more efficiently laid out.

"looks great"

drat lie

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Speaking of Xenoblade... Nintendo is having a Direct tomorrow.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Party Meiser posted:

Xenoblade 3d looks great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBZk6JZwJCU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

A good gif

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

New Thread Title

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

So Mario Kart DLC pack 2 seems to have downloaded, but when I open the game it doesn't have any of it in there. Am I doing something wrong here?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
i don't usually agree with taint reaper but this time i do. you can say xenoblade is a great game, truly excellent for its limitations, but saying it looks great is just fooling yourself

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

TheJoker138 posted:

So Mario Kart DLC pack 2 seems to have downloaded, but when I open the game it doesn't have any of it in there. Am I doing something wrong here?

Try starting it from the regular home menu, not the quick start menu.

Chaltab posted:

What else would you use the stylus for to begin with? The virtual analog stick? Because that would just be really stupid.

I actually had the little thumb strap they gave with Mario 64 or the DS or whatever that you'd use to use the touch screen as an analogue stick. It was terrible.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Trasson posted:

Try starting it from the regular home menu, not the quick start menu.

Tried and didn't work. But I restarted and now it's also downloading a software update, so that was probably my issue here.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Seriously if you think Xenoblade looks great you're making Microsoft being right about people not knowing the difference between 720p and 1080p and that 60fps is unnoticeable to the human eye as compared to 30fps.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i thought i said it looks like a ps1 game earlier in the thread but i guess i didn't but i am now

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

The Taint Reaper posted:

Seriously if you think Xenoblade looks great you're making Microsoft being right about people not knowing the difference between 720p and 1080p and that 60fps is unnoticeable to the human eye as compared to 30fps.

nevermind, edit:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Oh god, I (kinda) agree with Taint Reaper and Noirstronaut.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Xenoblade looks great in the same way that the Metroid Prime games look great: Despite the limitations of the system, it's impressive what they accomplished and the art direction more than anything "makes it look great".

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Its as if the 3ds isnt a HD TV.
Its been beaten to death and made stupider by Taint but the games art direction and level design still shine through the fact that you are not playing it on a Dolphin Emulator with HD texture maps made by fans. What is left to say?

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Some of you are betraying our taints to only temporarily protect your own. Fools throwing their taints on a pyre while praising the warmth of the flames.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

TheJoker138 posted:

Tried and didn't work. But I restarted and now it's also downloading a software update, so that was probably my issue here.

Yep, there's two parts to today's update. The 4.0 patch that adds 200cc and more Mii racing suits, and the DLC pack 2. If you download the patch first, you'll get prompted 'hey, there's new DLC out, want to download it?'. But if you ended up with the DLC first, you'll have to wait for the console to realize there's a patch before the DLC will be recognized.

• Locked thread