Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I am sorry but if the dong mocap won't have shadows what is even the point

Edit: Could you have a dong long enough that the shadow culling range cuts off its shadow partway?

RandallODim fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Apr 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

RandallODim posted:

Edit: Could you have a dong long enough that the shadow culling range cuts off its shadow partway?

Could God make a boulder so heavy even He couldn't lift it?

Magical Zero
Aug 21, 2008

The colour out of space.

RandallODim posted:

With the wonders of Alchemy, yes.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Watched the 3rd part of Gamespot's Witcher 3 feature. I guess I'm learning the in-game card game. :getin:

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I got some serious final fantasy card minigame withdrawals when they mentioned that card game. I hope it's as fun/goofy as it sounds and isn't just some other take on poker/blackjack/whatever but with named cards.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

VDay posted:

I got some serious final fantasy card minigame withdrawals when they mentioned that card game. I hope it's as fun/goofy as it sounds and isn't just some other take on poker/blackjack/whatever but with named cards.

It's virtually a CCG like Magic or Hearthstone.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

The Dead Alive fetus in the video is so good haha.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

HORMELCHILI posted:

The Dead Alive fetus in the video is so good haha.

She's my favorite creature in the whole game, no joke. She's adorable.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Spikeguy posted:

I dig what the video shows in regards to loyalties available to you. So do ya'll plan to help out the new ruling party, help out the rebels fighting for a free north or work for yourselves only? On the one hand, rebels are usually the good guys in games like this, on the other hand I've seen the people of the North when they were free and they were pretty much king shitlords.

I'm intending to murder every single Nilfgardian I can and I'll be supremely miffed if the player isn't given an opportunity to introduce Emhyr to the business end of Witcher's sword. So, rebels all the way.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Aumanor posted:

I'm intending to murder every single Nilfgardian I can and I'll be supremely miffed if the player isn't given an opportunity to introduce Emhyr to the business end of Witcher's sword. So, rebels all the way.

But who will give her what she deserves?

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

alex314 posted:

But who will give her what she deserves?

The Wild Hunt.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Spikeguy posted:

I dig what the video shows in regards to loyalties available to you. So do ya'll plan to help out the new ruling party, help out the rebels fighting for a free north or work for yourselves only? On the one hand, rebels are usually the good guys in games like this, on the other hand I've seen the people of the North when they were free and they were pretty much king shitlords.

Hopefully there will be a true neutral option as well and I want to try them all. Guess I'll side with the North/Temeria :quebec: when I start with my TW2 Roche path save, and Nilfgaard/neutral with the Iorveth one.

Meta-Mollusk fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Apr 23, 2015

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

It's been a while since I've read the books, but I vaguely remember the King not being up to the task..

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
I can't decide what book Geralt would do if confronted with the Precious Cargo situation.
I mean, no option really helps him on his path to Yennefer or whoever he was looking for at the moment, but just letting the guy go seems wrong.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Meta-Mollusk posted:

Hopefully there will be a true neutral option as well and I want to try them all. Guess I'll side with the North/Temeria :quebec: when I start with my TW2 Roche path save, and Nilfgaard/neutral with the Iorveth one.

Speaking of which, have they said anything officialy as to how saves will be imported and if they will do more than change a few lines of dialogue? I take it big changes could be the condition of the Pontar Valley Republic, the witch hunt, the Temerian succession, Letho, Saskia, Henselt and Sheala being dead/alive and Geralt getting his tattoo; though I guess a few of those may be rendered moot by Nilfgaard breaking the northern kingdoms.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

ZearothK posted:

Speaking of which, have they said anything officialy as to how saves will be imported and if they will do more than change a few lines of dialogue? I take it big changes could be the condition of the Pontar Valley Republic, the witch hunt, the Temerian succession, Letho, Saskia, Henselt and Sheala being dead/alive and Geralt getting his tattoo; though I guess a few of those may be rendered moot by Nilfgaard breaking the northern kingdoms.

It seems like Nilfgaard already holds Vizima, which hopefully doesn't mean giving Anais to John Natalis did absolutely nothing.

I know most people will never see the imported save stuff like meeting Siegfried in Act III, but really hoping they put in the effort to have a lot more neat stuff like that.

Not sure if spoiler tags are really necessary anymore, but whatever.

ZearothK posted:

Geralt getting his tattoo

THIS is the most important part of them all though. My pro-Temeria Geralt better still have that tattoo!

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
I'll laugh if everyone who kept the stupid tattoo gets hassled by every nilfgaardian they meet for being a Temeria sympathizer.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Slashrat posted:

stupid tattoo

:catstare:

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Meta-Mollusk posted:

THIS is the most important part of them all though. My pro-Temeria Geralt better still have that tattoo!

I have one play through of W2, supporting Iorveth, and I still will burn this world to the ground if I lost my tattoo.

Slashrat posted:

I'll laugh if everyone who kept the stupid tattoo gets hassled by every nilfgaardian they meet for being a Temeria sympathizer.

Just makes it easier to know who to kill.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
All this talk of TW2 imports makes me want to go play it again as I lost all my save files in the great SSD crash of 2014 :( RIP

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Have they announced whether the Polish voiceover will be in all versions? Watching that trailer, I can't stand English Geralt's voice, I played all the previous ones with the Polish voices on too.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Anti-Hero posted:

All this talk of TW2 imports makes me want to go play it again as I lost all my save files in the great SSD crash of 2014 :( RIP

Thanks for reminding me to save my save files to Google Drive in case my ancient hard drive finally decides to give up the ghost.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Anti-Hero posted:

A few pages back, someone linked a CDProjekt forums thread that had savegames for all endings, I think.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

GrossMurpel posted:

A few pages back, someone linked a CDProjekt forums thread that had savegames for all endings, I think.

Well luckily I only played through Iorveth's path, so a replay would let me see new content with Broche. Not sure if I would want that to be my import for TW3, but as you said I still have the option of getting someone else's Iorveth save file.

edit:

Here is the save game link for anyone who is interested:

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/30709-(SPOILERS)The-Witcher-2-Save-Game-Files

From what I remember I would choose Ending 2) Aryan Alive (why kill him? you get a sweet perk) - Iorveth Path - Stennis Alive - Triss Saved

He mentions that globally speaking all endings involve Letho living (good, I did the same), Dragon living (same), Sile lives (bad, I let her rear end blow up in that teleporter thing). Oh well, it's a good backup just in case I don't get around to a Roche playthrough.

further edit: It seems like leaving Sile alive would provide for more possibilities in TW3, so I can see why the decision was made.

Anti-Hero fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Apr 23, 2015

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Anti-Hero posted:

Well luckily I only played through Iorveth's path, so a replay would let me see new content with Broche. Not sure if I would want that to be my import for TW3, but as you said I still have the option of getting someone else's Iorveth save file.

Roche is just so much of a better character than Iorveth, it's not even funny.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

CottonWolf posted:

I committed to a Roche path at one point and got so far as an hour or two in to Henselt's camp before committing to finishing up my Iorveth save. Sadly, I spoiled myself accidentally that it's Roche who wants Henselt dead. That was the big whodunnit that I recall from the little I played of that campaign

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

Anti-Hero posted:

I committed to a Roche path at one point and got so far as an hour or two in to Henselt's camp before committing to finishing up my Iorveth save. Sadly, I spoiled myself accidentally that it's Roche who wants Henselt dead. That was the big whodunnit that I recall from the little I played of that campaign

Not exactly. Roche was plotting against Henselt and Dethmold, but not for his death. He was plotting to undermine Henselt's power to prevent him from being all expansionist. Not that it worked.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Anti-Hero posted:

He mentions that globally speaking all endings involve Letho living (good, I did the same), Dragon living (same), Sile lives (bad, I let her rear end blow up in that teleporter thing). Oh well, it's a good backup just in case I don't get around to a Roche playthrough.

further edit: It seems like leaving Sile alive would provide for more possibilities in TW3, so I can see why the decision was made.
I wonder about Henselt being a lion bitten by a flea...

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

Bort Bortles posted:

I wonder about Henselt being a lion bitten by a flea...

And what about Adam Pangratt? If you killed him, do you get the opportunity to go and say hi to his widow?

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Anti-Hero posted:

Henselt totally deserves to die, but I'm just afraid that letting Roche stab him to death and making Kaedwen weak will bite the North in the rear end against the war with Nilfgaard. He might be an rear end in a top hat, but he seems like the kind of guy you would want to have on your side in that situation.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Anti-Hero posted:

Roche was not the one who was plotting to kill Henselt, it was a pair of Witchers working with Letho and Sile de Tansarville.

The big choice at the end of Roche's act 2 is whether you let Roche kill Henselt or not, but it was not something he had been planning. He only wants to kill the king in a fit of rage after finding out that Henselt raped Ves, and Geralt has the choice to intercede and stop him or not.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I'm totally not reading any of those spoilers as it's apparent there is more to Roche-Henselt than I knew. Time for a second playthrough!

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill
I have decided to do an Insanity playthrough of TW2 and get the other achievements I'm missing... Like killing all the trolls since I'm not a complete bastard and never got that.

For some reason I thought Insane was Dark mode with no deaths but it's actually Hard mode with no deaths, and Hard is way way easier.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

Archimago posted:

I have decided to do an Insanity playthrough of TW2 and get the other achievements I'm missing... Like killing all the trolls since I'm not a complete bastard and never got that.

For some reason I thought Insane was Dark mode with no deaths but it's actually Hard mode with no deaths, and Hard is way way easier.

Yeah, I had that misconception too. On one hand, Hard is much easier than Dark but Dark has the kickass armors. In any case, I need to finish up my current rear end in a top hat Geralt Dark run and start thinking about maybe trying out Insane.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

CottonWolf posted:

Roche is the best character in TW2 easily enough and I'd play the poo poo out of a DLC following his adventures in parenting with Anaïs.

That said I'm probably importing a save where I went to Scoiatel to save Saskia and the Pontar Valley Republic in case they show up in the third game. I don't care much about the Temerian succession and Roche is a grown-rear end man perfectly capable of taking care of himself no matter the ending, so I fully expect to meet up with him no matter what.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Dark mode is pretty fun. I decided to try it out in my current playthrough and while it's a pain in the rear end to get, those armor pieces are pretty great. That creepy effect when you wield the swords is pretty neat.

I honestly think the games do a bad job of explaining why the Nilfgaard Empire is such a terrible place considering you see first hand that the north is a pretty big shithole and its rulers are the biggest pieces of human garbage rolling around in that muck. Who knows, maybe in the third game you get there and it's one big cesspit that makes the north look like a sparkling beacon of decency. Either way I say let the northern kings burn, useless the whole lot of them.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Will Witcher 3 have respawning enemies?

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

Jimbot posted:

Dark mode is pretty fun. I decided to try it out in my current playthrough and while it's a pain in the rear end to get, those armor pieces are pretty great. That creepy effect when you wield the swords is pretty neat.

I honestly think the games do a bad job of explaining why the Nilfgaard Empire is such a terrible place considering you see first hand that the north is a pretty big shithole and its rulers are the biggest pieces of human garbage rolling around in that muck. Who knows, maybe in the third game you get there and it's one big cesspit that makes the north look like a sparkling beacon of decency. Either way I say let the northern kings burn, useless the whole lot of them.

You do hear some imperial shittiness second-hand. Them being really down on magic over there, not letting witchers into towns, lack of freedom of speech etc

Really, the biggest reason to resist Nilfgaard is just due to the fact they are an empire and are PROBABLY dicks. Also, the whole "murdering all the kings of the north" thing.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill

Jimbot posted:

I don't think Nilfgaard is that much worse than the other States, it's just a matter of losing one's "Freedom." If I remember correctly, they do have stricter laws on some things, but by and large they're pretty much the Roman Empire, running around conquering anyone who resists them just to be big and powerful (and collect more taxes) but generally speaking improving a lot of things when they do. Someone more learned in the books may correct me on this though.

The crafting requirements for the Dark weapon sets are a bit bonkers, and there's some stuff that's really hard to get enough of if you don't buy enough for all three sets in the first chapter (Hardened Leather is one of them, I think).

The effect is cool but if you're trying to do a full playthrough and can put up with it... :stonk:

Thankfully, there are mods for these things:

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher2/mods/220/ -- Reduced material requirements for dark items

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher2/mods/649/ -- Dark weapons with dark effects

Also, gently caress that 5 of a kind Poker! achievement, that poo poo is dumb. I tried to get it for like 15 minutes and then just installed this mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Nilfgaard is down on magic? I don't know what the books say, but from the games, sorcerors seem to get a lot more respect there than they do in the North.

• Locked thread