Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Malcolm: "The Lazarus Pit changes you in the soul"

The entire audience, as one: "Nooooooo, gently caress you, if you do one more story about someone getting some sort of chemical thing and being evil or crazy after and doing bad things and then everybody is all 'you weren't yourself' for ten loving episodes after we are burning down the CW office"

Malcolm: "it makes you sort of weird for a few hours but then it's fine"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Narcissus1916 posted:

Wait, you WANT the lazarus pits to be able to bring back fully dead characters? With a snap of the fingers and bam presto change-o?

Sometimes, I really hate comic fans.

gently caress it, why not?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

AllTerrineVehicle posted:

"S.T.A.R. Labs can't save her, only the Lazarus pit can" - Oliver Queen, noted scientist and expert in bleeding edge medical technology

The guy invented a hacking arrow. I think he knows a bit about science.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
But seriously, this show is really stupid and bad right now.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Narcissus1916 posted:

Wait, you WANT the lazarus pits to be able to bring back fully dead characters? With a snap of the fingers and bam presto change-o?

Sometimes, I really hate comic fans.

Its cool, I don't understand context either

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Aphrodite posted:

advanced degree in mechanical engineering from Island University

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Soothing Vapors posted:

advanced degree in mechanical engineering from Island University

Berlin correspondence campus.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Man, I was so excited for DC's TV line-up at the start of the season. If you had told me in September that Arrow and Flash would be the shows I wound up cringing and shaking my head at, and that Agents of SHIELD would be the show I'm most excited about watching every week, I would have laughed. Oh, such laughter I would have had.

I wish it was still funny. :smith:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

boom boom boom posted:

But seriously, this show is really stupid and bad right now.

Sure, but Ollie hosed Felicity, so it'll be the highest rated episode of the season.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Spergatory posted:

Man, I was so excited for DC's TV line-up at the start of the season. If you had told me in September that Arrow and Flash would be the shows I wound up cringing and shaking my head at, and that Agents of SHIELD would be the show I'm most excited about watching every week, I would have laughed. Oh, such laughter I would have had.

I wish it was still funny. :smith:

If it makes you feel better I'm still laughing at you.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

greatn posted:

Yeah, nearly two years ago. It was two calendar years ago.

Not really. More like just over a year ago. Which is not two years.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Rhyno posted:

Not really. More like just over a year ago. Which is not two years.

He hooked up with the Terminator girl early in the second season, the third season is almost over.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

boom boom boom posted:

He hooked up with the Terminator girl early in the second season, the third season is almost over.

Also inter-season timeskip. The original statement was how long it had been for Ollie.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Drifter posted:

Sure, but Ollie hosed Felicity, so it'll be the highest rated episode of the season.

Didn't you quit this show, like, two weeks ago? Why are you still here?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

XboxPants posted:

Also inter-season timeskip. The original statement was how long it had been for Ollie.

The inter-season timeskips match the time that passes in real life.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The reason the waters of the Lazarus Pit could help and STAR Labs can't is that it is the last remaining magic of noted Mostly Dead expert Miracle Max, the last person who could bring people back from Mostly Dead.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

boom boom boom posted:

Uh, Sarah?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bad Moon posted:

Uh, Sarah?

Oooh, forgot about that, they definitely banged well into the second season. Thank you.

Suck it greatn!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Bad Moon posted:

Uh, Sarah?

Oh yeah, I forgot about her.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Sarah was cool, you jerks :smith:

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

This made me laugh, thanks!

JAF07
Aug 6, 2007

:911:
Calling it now: Last episode twist is going to be Thea icing Barrowman to show how much the Lazarus Pit changed her...in the soul.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

JAF07 posted:

Calling it now: Last episode twist is going to be Thea icing Barrowman to show how much the Lazarus Pit changed her...in the soul.

This would improve the plotting because Barrowman has been written terribly since the second season.

I do like how nobody has noticed the guy responsible for 500+ deaths is just walking around Starling City looking exactly the same as when he was wanted for it. Guy hasn't even grown a beard.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I am fine with him dying, as long as he comes back next season :grin:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Bad Moon posted:

Sarah was cool, you jerks :smith:

Why did she come back to Starling City this season? Was there a specific reason or did she just drop by to say hi?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
This season...man it's crazy how fast you can kill goodwill towards a series.

I still can't get over the magic disappearing stab through the loving heart. They didn't even attempt to place the bandages in the correct places. Then the exact same thing happens to Thea and they can't even squeeze out a "The waters don't make everyone mad. Some thrive after exposure, like Oliver." Which explains in ONE LINE where his chest wound went, why Thea will get over her 'soul changing' so quickly and why Ra's absolutely needs Oliver Queen (and only Oliver Queen will do), AND why they can't just throw dead characters in the pit willy nilly. It's an extremely rare 1(well, 2) in a billion chance that you come back from the pit unscathed, otherwise you come back like a half zombie or something for a few episodes.

But nope it's still This grave injury can be healed with tea, THIS grave injury can be treated with micro robots, but THIS grave injury? Well now it's time to move the plot forward.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

But nope it's still This grave injury can be healed with tea, THIS grave injury can be treated with micro robots, but THIS grave injury? Well now it's time to move the plot forward.

Don't forget about the grave injury that didn't count cause he got stabbed in the part of the torso that doesn't do anything.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Yeah, that non-lethal stab from THE GREATEST ASSASSIN AND WARRIOR IN THE WORLD.

Mr Beens posted:

Actually I thought that was a weak point of the episode.

4 guys with automatic weapons shooting at the car at about 10m or so, only get a couple of movie bullet spark hits but there is no damage to the vehicle at all.
Both Ollie and Maseo shooting back and hitting nothing.
Ollie getting onto the truck and not getting shot at.
Katana blind stabbing the guy through the side of the truck, coming in and both of them taking a time out for a bit of witty banter when there was still soldiers standing around.
Driver not reacting at all to the person climbing along the side of the truck, opening the door, then just flopping out without putting up a fight.
Eh, that's consistent with the inefficiency of guns and bullets in the show previous to this. I mean punches and arrows have always been more powerful.

(And even the Daredevil show that everyone is gushing over has a similar thing where doing a backflip directly in front of a gunman ensures a 0% accuracy rate.)

Katana's blind stab was a little hosed up though. "I'm pretty sure I won't hit Ollie, probably. Maybe." Also where did she actually come from?

VagueRant fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Apr 23, 2015

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

This season...man it's crazy how fast you can kill goodwill towards a series.

Between this and Grimm, it's hard to decide which show is being driven into the ground faster.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

An enormous amount of people care.

Shippers have never been people.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Between this and Grimm, it's hard to decide which show is being driven into the ground faster.

It's just one bad season, It'll pick up next season.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

boom boom boom posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot about her.

So did the show.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

boom boom boom posted:

Why did she come back to Starling City this season? Was there a specific reason or did she just drop by to say hi?

Wasn't she looking for Merlyn, which is why he had her killed via Thea proxy?

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Ageed, though I'm holding out slim hope that Arrow can turn it around by early next season. Maybe. Hopefully.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

It's just one bad season, It'll pick up next season.

Have any shows actually done this? From my experience, once a show starts the downhill slide, the only question is how far down it will go before someone finally, mercifully kills it.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Spergatory posted:

Have any shows actually done this? From my experience, once a show starts the downhill slide, the only question is how far down it will go before someone finally, mercifully kills it.

Doctor Who is like a rollercoaster.

Dexter is also dipped real low and then trended upwards towards the end.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Spergatory posted:

I don't know about dramas off-hand, but It's Always Sunny and Archer have both done this.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Friday Night Lights had a pants-shittingly awful second season that the show nimbly recovered from.

A better example might be 24, which yo-yo'ed in quality with incredible frequency.

I think the show could easily rebound, if the writers realize that this season has been a clusterfuck. I'm hoping to God they realized it before wrapping the season, but kept on the path they were on because it was too late to reverse course.

I have no problem with Felicity being given more to do. I have no problem with her and Oliver navigating some sort of romantic relationship. I have massive problems with the decision to have Felicity give Oliver a YOU CAN DO IT BUDDY speech every goddamn episode.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Valeyard posted:

Dexter is also dipped real low and then trended upwards towards the end.

This has to be a troll...right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Dango Bango posted:

I don't know about dramas off-hand, but It's Always Sunny and Archer have both done this.

I really liked the most recent season of Archer, though.

• Locked thread