Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Torquemadras posted:

...man, Part 7 kinda blindsided me with the sudden inclusion of guns. We got some REALLY good fights out of it, even.

"sudden"?

E: oh you mean sudden inclusion in just part 7 don't you, and not all of jojo whoops

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Apr 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

nobody cares about part 5

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

F.F. used a gun as well. :colbert:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Stairmaster posted:

Jeeze who pissed in your tea

SyntheticPolygon posted:

F.F. used a gun as well. :colbert:

Lotta people did, tho the first person to actually make good use of their gun was hol horse

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
If you don't care about part 5 you don't care about Bruno, and that is a JoJo deadly sin right there.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Part 4's sniper fight was pretty great

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Pearl Jam was is and will always be the peak of JoJos to me

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Pearl Jam is great, but it's got nothing on the Killer Queen and Stray Cat fight.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

The Japanese do.

Which is probably why they're going to even do part 4, just so they can get to part 5. At least we'll finally get a good translation out of it if it happens.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

Pearl Jam is great, but it's got nothing on the Killer Queen and Stray Cat fight.

Killer Queen and Stray Cat do not have delicious looking food.

Therefore they instantly are inferior

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

I've been saying this for years.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

TheKingofSprings posted:

That's absolutely one of the selling points of JoJo when I push it. "This spaghetti is suspicious!"

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

sex pistols is the coolest gun stand

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Pearl Jam is peak Part 4. Let's Go Eat Italian Food! I thought that Sex Pistols was gonna be Hol Horse 2.0, but it was cooler by having six little bullet gnomes.

Also Tubular Bells is fully crazy what is this

e: god I need to stop posting from phone

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Apr 23, 2015

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Hell 2 U!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ogcR_EoPV8

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I love how one of Josuke's most signature moments is punching a plate of spaghetti.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjWHvDpA780

they better loving play this over the DIO fight at some point

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
So according to JOJO A-GO!GO! the hermit purple stand Dio used was actually Jonathan's, so does that mean theoretically someone could take body parts of other stand users and end up with a bunch of different stands?

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Probably
When RPS kid stole a portion of Heaven's Door he also gained control of parts of Rohan's body.
Jo2uke's stand is a fusion of the two people's his body is a fusion of.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Ekusukariba posted:

So according to JOJO A-GO!GO! the hermit purple stand Dio used was actually Jonathan's, so does that mean theoretically someone could take body parts of other stand users and end up with a bunch of different stands?

Imagine Jonathan trying to use his Stand but he can't because there aren't any electronics invented yet.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

He could at least smash urns full of ashes and make tracking maps? Man, Joseph and I guess by extension Jonathan got the really short end of the stick when it comes to their stands.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

ChaosArgate posted:

He could at least smash urns full of ashes and make tracking maps? Man, Joseph and I guess by extension Jonathan got the really short end of the stick when it comes to their stands.

However, if they were at their prime fighting vampires with their Stands and Hamoan the Ripple would be OP.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Hermit purple is actually a pretty good stand if its backing up something like the Ripple, it would have made Jonathan a much more dangerous vampire hunter and I think Araki has even said that if Joseph had awakened his stand as a teen he would have loving obliterated the Pillar Men much more easily.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I think you may be behind by like 30 episodes???

I totally realised I was in the wrong thread a little after I posted (it fools me now that this thread has a : subtitle like the other). I've edited out. Would you be so kind as to change your wording or something so that our show only friends won't get the jist that Avdol dies first twice? Up to you.

I'm gonna be way more attentive to this kind of thing now we're in the crunch time of the animes.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Yeah, I can see Hermit Purple being the be-all end-all for Vampires and Pillar Men, but in the world of Stands, it's just not enough to compete and Joseph is really only relevant for battles of wit these days... not much has changed since he was 18-19 now that I think about it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

mr. stefan posted:

Araki has even said that if Joseph had awakened his stand as a teen he would have loving obliterated the Pillar Men much more easily.

Well yeah. They all fought up close and none of them would even be able to see Hermit Purple.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
hermit purple lets you know things

knowing things is the keystone of solving every jojo fight

the only reason joseph doesn't do stuff like use HP to learn what enemy stands do or to find kira is because that would be boring

darealkooky fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Apr 23, 2015

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
imagine jonathan wrapping hermit purple around his fists like boxing gloves so he can punch stands

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Ekusukariba posted:

So according to JOJO A-GO!GO! the hermit purple stand Dio used was actually Jonathan's,
Finally we can lay this "But was The World actually Jonathan's :supaburn:" debate to rest.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

Finally we can lay this "But was The World actually Jonathan's :supaburn:" debate to rest.

People have basically known that for a long time, but there's never any photos/scans of where it's actually said to put it to bed once and for all. It's a debate that will never die until then. And hell, people will probably call mistranslation even then.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Araki should learn English just to be able to shut people up.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
DO  YOU  UNDERSTAND?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

mr. stefan posted:

Hermit purple is actually a pretty good stand if its backing up something like the Ripple, it would have made Jonathan a much more dangerous vampire hunter and I think Araki has even said that if Joseph had awakened his stand as a teen he would have loving obliterated the Pillar Men much more easily.

Young Joseph with infinite, invisible, Hamon conducting rope seems pretty loving good to me

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
Frankenstein'd stand user is the only intersting idea I could come up with for a villain for the tabletop Jojo thing i'm going to do with some friends

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Ekusukariba posted:

Frankenstein'd stand user is the only intersting idea I could come up with for a villain for the tabletop Jojo thing i'm going to do with some friends

why not just make a Not-Dio with a neat stand

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

darealkooky posted:

the only reason joseph doesn't do stuff like use HP to learn what enemy stands do or to find kira is because that would be boring

But he came to Morioh to find another guy. :psyduck:

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Aurain posted:

I totally realised I was in the wrong thread a little after I posted (it fools me now that this thread has a : subtitle like the other). I've edited out. Would you be so kind as to change your wording or something so that our show only friends won't get the jist that Avdol dies first twice? Up to you.

I'm gonna be way more attentive to this kind of thing now we're in the crunch time of the animes.

Done.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Hermit Purple is cool and all, but a more fitting stand would have been Gimme Three Steps, which augments his ability to run the hell away.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

DIO telling Joseph his Stand is poo poo is kind of funny considering how much he says he respects Jonathan and how Jonathan has literally the same Stand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012
I still think if Joseph got Hermit Purple in his prime it would basically develop into something like Stone Free but with thorns. Joseph deserves a punch ghost drat it!

• Locked thread