Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

The Taint Reaper posted:

Master Race, I didn't think the hobos who lived in the landfill charging for scrap were the masters of anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
is comipo actually good (or at least like, not staggeringly awful)? i've kinda wanted to write something and try to make it A Thing (because I'm unemployed and writing things is the only thing approaching a skill I have), getting a VN greenlit seems a whole lot easier than making any kind of decent money off a kindle book, and the only obstacle to me using ren'py is that i can't art

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Where is the lowlight recap of last years E3 i need to prep myself for this years.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Junkie Disease posted:

Where is the lowlight recap of last years E3 i need to prep myself for this years.
I'll be posting the E3 thread asap, I'm rewatching the E3 conferences to get a refresher first.

IIRC there weren't a ton of super GIF-able moments from last E3 but this year should be different since VR is likely to be demonstrated, and there's a lot more conferences than the usual E3

I'm watching EA's next and I'm pretty sure EA had like nothing prepared for their conference last year, there were two-three projects they talked about at the time that they had no footage to show for.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Quest For Glory II posted:

I'll be posting the E3 thread asap, I'm rewatching the E3 conferences to get a refresher first.

IIRC there weren't a ton of super GIF-able moments from last E3 but this year should be different since VR is likely to be demonstrated, and there's a lot more conferences than the usual E3

I need that thread back like I like indian food.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Gaben hates Bethesda games and this is his way of killing them.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
All the modders pulling a complete 180 on ownership and DRM now that they stand to profit from it is pretty great.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Pay what you want

i dont want to pay anything for a loving mod. jesus christ

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Pay what you want

i dont want to pay anything for a loving mod. jesus christ

yeah. i never felt like skyrim needed them nearly as much as oblivion did, so hopefully that's true of ES6 too, because there is no way i'm paying any amount of money for something like house map markers or UI updates.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

hubris.height posted:

says a thing

says a controversial thing

says a thing that ridicules controversial thing

emptyquotes

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Bicyclops posted:

yeah. i never felt like skyrim needed them nearly as much as oblivion did, so hopefully that's true of ES6 too, because there is no way i'm paying any amount of money for something like house map markers or UI updates.

while i think piracy is lovely for employed people to do, i would give exactly no shits about someone ripping off the ideas of simple paid mods and releasing them for free. i might even be inclined to do it myself if a mod was useful enough and the guy who wrote the first one was price-gouging. i can't explain exactly why this is.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

bloodychill posted:

while i think piracy is lovely for employed people to do, i would give exactly no shits about someone ripping off the ideas of simple paid mods and releasing them for free. i might even be inclined to do it myself if a mod was useful enough and the guy who wrote the first one was price-gouging. i can't explain exactly why this is.

there's going to be virtually no way to tell, is the thing. unless the first person to come up with "the thing that makes all your keys get put in a keyring in the items so you don't have to look at it all the time" owns that as a concept, anyone who would make that kind of little mod would make it the exact same way.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

precision posted:

emptyquotes

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
bloodborne 1.03 patch is good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

hubris.height posted:

bloodborne 1.03 patch is good

agreed. like 10-15 seconds off all the loads is great.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
I have a friend who suddenly has free time along with free money, what are folks playing co-op on steam these days, I am kinda overwhelmed with options.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
I like Payday 2

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Payday 2, Killing Floor 2, Broforce, Double Dragon Neon, and Battleblock Theater for starters.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Hammerwatch is extremely good. Gauntlet is also pretty solid, flashier but shorter than Hammerwatch.

I personally loved playing Age of Wonders 3 while on curse with a friend of mine.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

quote:

Please stop getting so triggered by other people having thoughts that are different from your thoughts on an elfgame, you sad and strange motherfucker

You made me spend $10 on a site that circled the wagons on the behalf of front-page hentai, that's how bad you are.

drat.

lol what's the story here

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

precision posted:

lol what's the story here

idk but this banner cheers me up every time i see it and it happened to be up when i read that post so i hope you feel better now!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

gently caress nintendo has a direct tomorrow so I guess the e3 thread is going up in a couple of hours then.

i've watched e3 2014 and it's so boring for the most part, the part where ubisoft had Kinect-powered push-ups was pretty good though

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

gently caress nintendo has a direct tomorrow so I guess the e3 thread is going up in a couple of hours then.

i've watched e3 2014 and it's so boring for the most part, the part where ubisoft had Kinect-powered push-ups was pretty good though

is their direct even associated with E3? they do directs all the time, they just do a bunch during e3 and the whole live in the treehouse thing

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

is their direct even associated with E3? they do directs all the time, they just do a bunch during e3 and the whole live in the treehouse thing
It's not directly associatedly with E3 but Xenoblade X is one of the biggest games they have at E3 this year and there's going to be live Treehouse stuff after the direct as well.

I also wanna get the thread up asap simply because May is when a lot of E3 games get announced and leaked. Far Cry 4, for example, was announced in May. And there's the call of duty black ops thing on.. sunday?? I think??

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Apr 24, 2015

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Ubisoft's was a pretty great trainwreck in general I thought, the bullshit with the terrible phone powered dance game was almost as good as the push-ups.

It's too bad that they had the most ridiculous and funny E3, as if they really get what video games are about, but then their games are the most bland, safe, focus group designed corporate garbage in the industry.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Are there any new flight sim games? I'm going to buy a Saitek Warthog HOTAS (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HHAIY72/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2L77EE7U53NWQ) tomorrow (btw, is that a decent flight stick? My downstairs neighbor has one and it was super fun to play Elite: Dangerous with) and I want to have some fun flight sim games to play with. I looked at the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator but it came out nearly 10 years ago so I'm looking for something newer and flashier. I prefer combat flight sims, but anything with goals or career mode or a campaign or whatever would also be fun.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Adam Bowen posted:

Ubisoft's was a pretty great trainwreck in general I thought, the bullshit with the terrible phone powered dance game was almost as good as the push-ups.
Important gifs i just made

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
You're steam anime surprise

Gaze into the future of paid steam workshop mods!

LORD OF BUTT posted:

is comipo actually good (or at least like, not staggeringly awful)? i've kinda wanted to write something and try to make it A Thing (because I'm unemployed and writing things is the only thing approaching a skill I have), getting a VN greenlit seems a whole lot easier than making any kind of decent money off a kindle book, and the only obstacle to me using ren'py is that i can't art
The art it produces is pretty bad looking but since Freak Futanari was able to produce multiple 4+ panel comics a day with it, it must be pretty easy to use.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I remember the Ubisoft presenter lady making terrible unprofessional jokes given the context at E3 2014 but I forgot exactly what.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ekster posted:

I remember the Ubisoft presenter lady making terrible unprofessional jokes given the context at E3 2014 but I forgot exactly what.
Her opening punchline was "It's hella loving smoky in here, 420 in this bitch."

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

:laffo: It's even worse than I remembered.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Cardboard Box A posted:

The art it produces is pretty bad looking but since Freak Futanari was able to produce multiple 4+ panel comics a day with it, it must be pretty easy to use.

That was the best thing to come out of that thread and the meltdown it created whenever Freak posted was wonderful. As usual, nothing good lasts forever :smith:

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Wamdoodle posted:

That was the best thing to come out of that thread and the meltdown it created whenever Freak posted was wonderful. As usual, nothing good lasts forever :smith:
Well if the mods hadn't stopped Freak from posting them for some reason then Freak would have gotten tired of it and stopped eventually anyway.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Mods were just afraid of the future of posting.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Important gifs i just made

god dammit ddr look what you have wrought

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
http://cosplayingwhileblack.tumblr.com/post/51514564064/x-character-rydia-series-final-fantasy

anime surprise

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the best part of the dance gifs is the nonplussed expression on the face of every single person in the crowd.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
just had a dream about a game I wanna make

it's a dogcraft catlike hamstervania with insectually generated economy

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
alabama has the market cornered on incestually generated economy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I can't wait for them to reveal Black Ops III and it turns out it's just first-person MGS4 because that's pretty much what the trailer looked like. Well, MGS4 passed through a Deux Ex: HR filter.

• Locked thread