Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Equipment chat: holy poo poo, I remember when I started and thinking "holy poo poo, its gonna take forever to buy my T-28 and then mount a gun rammer." I had it sitting in the garage for weeks until I got it ready with shells and a 75% crew. My first freshly-purchased Douchebagwagen2's first battle flat out bankrupt me and I had to sell some poo poo to get it repaired.

Now my depot says something like 20 medium gun rammers in use or just sitting there, waiting for me to be arsed to buy more tanks.

loving mindblowing.

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Apr 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Not quite following your story but if you are just starting out there is really no point in putting equipment on tiers 1-4. You get out of the tanks so fast and the equipment generally costs way more than the tank its just not worth it. When you have money in the future and want to start new lines then by all means put equipment on them.

VV True since camo net and binocs can move from vehicle to vehicle.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Apr 23, 2015

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

^nothing like camo & binocs.

The Good:
Was grinding toward the Lorr41t and had 200k xp sitting waiting for the AMX 30.

The Bad:
~500k silver away.

The Ugly:
OMC doesn't work for 9.7 yet?

srb
Jul 24, 2007
Already seen several AMX 30Bs. Seeing AMX 30s is probably to be expected with people having tons of XP accumulated on the 13 90, but I didn't think I'd see quite this many in so few battles.

Also, light tank queue completely exploding, lots of people grinding the 13 90.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Just started down the E-50M line and I'm on the Tier VI VK30.01H(?) now. Being an avid player of the American M48A1 Patton line, what can I expect from these tanks? Anything good? Bad? Surprising?

srb
Jul 24, 2007
Stock E 50 is as trash as stock M46, elited they are both fantastic and loads of fun.

Edit: Queue is crazy, SPGs outnumber heavies, mediums and TDs combined (just like old times!) and together they equal light tanks.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I am at a terrible decision. I only have enough xp in the 13 90 right now to go down one of the line options. Should I Bat it up first or 30B it?

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

BadLlama posted:

Not quite following your story but if you are just starting out there is really no point in putting equipment on tiers 1-4. You get out of the tanks so fast and the equipment generally costs way more than the tank its just not worth it. When you have money in the future and want to start new lines then by all means put equipment on them.

VV True since camo net and binocs can move from vehicle to vehicle.

Oh I had just meant so might keep my tier 3 and 4 Russian tanks for fun even as I move on to the kv-1. Binocs are going on all my tanks I assume, and I slapped a camp net on my t-46 to help its survivability.

I mean, I intend to keep moving up but surely there are a few low level tanks that are fun, right?

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
I have a legitimate issue with the new Tier 1-3 anti-clubbing feature. I'm all for cutting down on seal-clubbing, but the last German tank in the game that I have to kill is the Tier II Pz.I. That tank is already goddamn impossible to come across and no experienced player is ever going to drive it. What the hell am I gonna do now to get my Kill-All-Krauts medal?

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

Blindeye posted:

Oh I had just meant so might keep my tier 3 and 4 Russian tanks for fun even as I move on to the kv-1. Binocs are going on all my tanks I assume, and I slapped a camp net on my t-46 to help its survivability.

I mean, I intend to keep moving up but surely there are a few low level tanks that are fun, right?

there are lots of low level tanks that are fun and worth keeping, the problem is new players lack credits so not selling tanks early on means a lot of extra credit grinding. I guess it's a moot point if you invest in a premium or two like the church III/IS-6

srb
Jul 24, 2007
Also, T14 only available for 10 more days then gone forever.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The T-54 prototype is only $38? I thought WG over charged (Even more so) the poo poo out of tier 8's and charge like $50 for them.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
The bad ones cost even less.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

srb posted:

Edit: Queue is crazy, SPGs outnumber heavies, mediums and TDs combined (just like old times!) and together they equal light tanks.

Why? People are all like "Arty nerf? Sweet, I want in on that action!"

Wouldn't have expected an SPG spike

srb
Jul 24, 2007
I don't know, but now SPGs are outnumbering heavies, mediums and TDs 2:1 in the queue.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Anyone know of any major mod conflicts or can I rename the 9.6 folder 9.7 and expect something to vaguely work?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
So why did so many artillery get a view range nerf? If you're relying on your own view range then you probably have other problems.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Haquer posted:

So why did so many artillery get a view range nerf? If you're relying on your own view range then you probably have other problems.

Probably some hamfisted response to shotgunning

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Azhais posted:

Probably some hamfisted response to shotgunning
Probably because maxxing out camo on an arty and hiding in a bush is really, really effective, so allowing you to see the enemy when you're 400 meters outside of when he can see you, would be a bit "unfair". ;)

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

The leFH still has its OP view range. :getin:

I'm really glad they spare premium tanks from balance changes like these, even if it means removing them from the store.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Russian guy streaming in his AMX-30b Proto. He is crushing it:
http://www.twitch.tv/easyjetz

Tank looks fantastic.

Shame I can't play this week due to reality :smith:

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Apr 23, 2015

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

I just bought a tier 10 so I am too credit poor to buy the AMX 30 proto despite having the exp for it. :(

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
WarGaming-senpai noticed me! :v:

srb
Jul 24, 2007
But why.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

srb posted:

But why.

Don't hate on the M3 Lee :colbert:

Fake edit: You totally can.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

RanKizama posted:

WarGaming-senpai noticed me! :v:

What the poo poo is this

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Mesadoram posted:

Don't hate on the M3 Lee :colbert:
The ignorant shall perish.

Mesadoram posted:

Fake edit: You totally can.
You can. I didn't.

Refried Noodle
Feb 23, 2012

Why

ANd why the anime

e: gonna assume everything is irony

Refried Noodle fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Apr 23, 2015

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mesadoram posted:

Russian guy streaming in his AMX-30b Proto. He is crushing it:
http://www.twitch.tv/easyjetz

Tank looks fantastic.

Shame I can't play this week due to reality :smith:

Things I've learned watching this stream: The Russian servers apparently are not full of 41% shitlords.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
The M3 Lee is a solid Tier IV tank but suffers from a high learning curve that newer players have trouble adjusting to early on in the game. Hence its terrible reputation. New low-tier players see "Medium Tank" and expect to have a Tier IV Sherman. The M3 Lee is very unforgiving for improper deployment but rewarding when played conservatively. Most experienced players tend to look at the Lee with a higher regard once they've learned the mechanics of the game and come back to it to grind the M4 Sherman or T1 Heavy.

Also my favorite historical tank.

Refried Noodle posted:

ANd why the anime
Because waifu is laifu.

srb
Jul 24, 2007

RanKizama posted:

Also my favorite historical tank.

Literally can't fathom.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

RanKizama posted:

Because waifu is laifu.

I like your style, wanna join [2PAC]?

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Buying the CDC was a good decision.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Azhais posted:

Things I've learned watching this stream: The Russian servers apparently are not full of 41% shitlords.

After slacking off at work watching the stream for an hour or so I noticed the same thing. Might just be the games he played, but he is a pretty drat good player in that tank and his team seemed to support him with their bodies.

LostCosmonaut posted:

Buying the CDC was a good decision.

Yes, it is quite amazing :smugdog:

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.
If you're sitting in queue for 4 minutes, here's a bit of drama to read from the Northern District of Georgia:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/262792039/gently caress-This-Court

[e]: This is what happens when you represent yourself in court, goons.

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Apr 23, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

The Southern Dandy posted:

If you're sitting in queue for 4 minutes, here's a bit of drama to read from the Northern District of Georgia:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/262792039/gently caress-This-Court

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdfZnWsps34

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Blazing it up and blaring that out!

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Speaking of the m3 lee, now that world of warships has multiple turrets being quite functional, when the hell is wargaming going to add that functionality back to tanks. The lee and a few other tanks could use the help.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

JuffoWup posted:

Speaking of the m3 lee, now that world of warships has multiple turrets being quite functional, when the hell is wargaming going to add that functionality back to tanks. The lee and a few other tanks could use the help.

I want my ke-he to be able to fire out of both sides of its turret

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
I had forgotten how truly awful the standard HUD is. Anyone with even a rudimentary XVM/cross hair setup working?