Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

quote:

GMT Games Updates Twilight Struggle, Dominant Species, More
We've received our monthly update from GMT Games and they have some juicy tidbits on both Twilight Struggle and Dominant Species. First of all, the Dominant Species update is progressing nicely and they expect it to hit the App Store sometime next month. They also mention that it will not have any online multiplayer out of the box--the AI is that good!--but they expect the online multiplayer to come in another update in a few months. As we already knew, the new version of DS will be a free update to those who already own the game. What we didn't know is that, once the update lands the price of the app will be going up to $7 instead of $5. So, if you want DS for a little cheaper, buy it sometime in the next month.

As for Twilight Struggle, things are progressing nicely. They actually posted a Kickstarter update for this one, so I'm going to do ye olde cut & paste:

GMT Games wrote:
The team at Playdek has finished with the engine architecture work that Gary wrote about last time, and are back to working on the game itself. Here’s a list of recent improvements:

Updated upper HUD with graphics for player avatars, hand details, DEFCON track, space race track, and turn track
Fixed numerous issues with cards in play, including tap/mouse over to view card (instead of double tap to zoom)
Sorted discard tray and removed trays for easier identification of specific card types
Map now wraps around when scrolled horizontally
Identified major issue that was causing incorrect AI module to be used in Unity builds
Reworked most of the in-game UI to be device friendly (for different aspect ratio devices)
Updated and added HUD artwork to current mock-ups

We're still looking at a release 2-4 months from now.

:banjo:

quote:

Coup Arrives on the App Store
From the "that came out of nowhere" file comes news that Coup has hit the App Store. We talked about this one awhile back while their Kickstarter was live, unsure of how Coup would actually work on a mobile device.

Well, we don't have to speculate anymore, we can just go download the thing and give it a try. It's free to download, but I think there's IAP. Haven't had a chance to confirm that, but I'm going to put it out there anyway because I'm not a real journalist and I'm really lazy.

You can pick up Coup for iOS Universal right here on the App Store.

:vince:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/41246/app-news-gmt-update-and-coup-releases-app-store

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

bobvonunheil posted:

Looks like they just bolt the two together in the collector's edition, I can't get a straight answer from what I can see online. I don't think Stonemaier are the kind of guys to exclude stuff because you didn't buy the correct version, except for superficial stuff like metal coins maybe.

It's one box holding two separate boxes. The original game is the original game including card coins and tuscany has metal coins.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
The Goon Board Game would be a MOBA worker placement deckbuilder, that would trascend all those genres will simultaniously redefining them

Also there is a chance one player is a "saboteur" :v:

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.

Dre2Dee2 posted:

The Goon Board Game would be a MOBA worker placement deckbuilder, that would trascend all those genres will simultaniously redefining them

Also there is a chance one player is a "saboteur" :v:

There's no actual rules for a saboteur though, it's just in there to get everyone in the MOBA spirit of shouting at each other for each little mistake they make.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

It's Exploding Kittens

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Not the Polish version, 0/10

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

fozzy fosbourne posted:

This sounds like an experience generator:

https://www.gmtgames.com/c-36-coin-series.aspx

* no zombies but maybe you could sneak some in somehow?

No joke, I bet that if GMT games made a COIN game where you play as vampires, faeries, wizards, and zombies with asymmetrical goals vying for control in fantasy chicago, it would outsell all their other COIN games.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I would unironically love to see a Fallout New Vegas COIN.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Jimbozig posted:

No joke, I bet that if GMT games made a COIN game where you play as vampires, faeries, wizards, and zombies with asymmetrical goals vying for control in fantasy chicago, it would outsell all their other COIN games.

Without a doubt.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

PopZeus posted:

Okay, so my friend and I have a few days off next week and we're itching to play something tactical/dungeon-crawly/possibly campaign-y. To give you an idea, we're looking at stuff like:

-Imperial Assault
-Descent
-Claustrophobia
-Earth Reborn

What do you guys think is the best game of this loosely defined type? We'll most likely only have 2 players and we don't need it to be beginner-friendly or anything. Love the Star Wars theme of ImpAss, but we're not sure if it's good with 2 players or if it shines more when you can play with more.

Also have heard nothing but praise for Earth Reborn, but that's more skirmish-based instead of having a longer campaign right?. So those are probably our top two, but just wanted to poll the thread real quick before any hasty impulse buys are made (especially if there's any heavy hitters we're missing).

Earth Reborn is the only one I have experience with, but it, like all of Boelinger's games, is an insanely ambitious blend of disparate mechanics. Like even though you chuck dice to resolve, I forgive it because the system gives you an unbelievable amount of freedom in basically anything you want to do. It is skirmish-based without a campaign mode, but learning the rules itself is basically written as a campaign, and then after that you can learn how to play the mission generator mode, which is fantastic. Resident goon trynant wrote a pretty comprehensive review of it on bgg you might want to check out.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

StashAugustine posted:

Seriously, why are all (heavy) war games historic in theme? Give me a LOTR themed Twilight Struggle, GMT.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Imagine if other games had the Monopoly treatment and there was a Zelda themed Twilight struggle. Do you want this?

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

StashAugustine posted:

Hah, yeah that would be a good one! I actually want a 40k COIN game. Considering Gamesworkshop is letting anyone with a large enough wallet and a pulse the rights to make a 40k game, it could happen!

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

signalnoise posted:

Imagine if other games had the Monopoly treatment and there was a Zelda themed Twilight struggle. Do you want this?

In the Zelda version would there be about 5-10 random HEY! cards shuffled in?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

PopZeus posted:

Okay, so my friend and I have a few days off next week and we're itching to play something tactical/dungeon-crawly/possibly campaign-y. To give you an idea, we're looking at stuff like:

-Imperial Assault
-Descent
-Claustrophobia
-Earth Reborn

What do you guys think is the best game of this loosely defined type? We'll most likely only have 2 players and we don't need it to be beginner-friendly or anything. Love the Star Wars theme of ImpAss, but we're not sure if it's good with 2 players or if it shines more when you can play with more.

Also have heard nothing but praise for Earth Reborn, but that's more skirmish-based instead of having a longer campaign right?. So those are probably our top two, but just wanted to poll the thread real quick before any hasty impulse buys are made (especially if there's any heavy hitters we're missing).

ImpAss is fun with 2 if your rebel player doesn't mind controlling 4 characters. It's a Fantasy Flight game so the rulebook is bad (not to mention split up between 3 different books, 2 if you're not going to use the Skirmish mode) but you can get past all that you'll have a lot of fun.

PopZeus
Aug 11, 2010

taser rates posted:

Earth Reborn is the only one I have experience with, but it, like all of Boelinger's games, is an insanely ambitious blend of disparate mechanics. Like even though you chuck dice to resolve, I forgive it because the system gives you an unbelievable amount of freedom in basically anything you want to do. It is skirmish-based without a campaign mode, but learning the rules itself is basically written as a campaign, and then after that you can learn how to play the mission generator mode, which is fantastic. Resident goon trynant wrote a pretty comprehensive review of it on bgg you might want to check out.

Cool, definitely going to read through that!

On another note, is the Coup app missing the Foreign Aid action (and Duke's ability to block it)? Or am I just not seeing where you can do this? Was this phased out of later editions or something?

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Dre2Dee2 posted:

large enough wallet

So not GMT.

Hackjack
Apr 1, 2013
I apologize if someone has asked something similar in the past, but this hasn't appeared in the time I've been following this thread.

I'm going to be travelling with non-gaming coworkers so we'll be spending extended periods of time in buses and hotels, and I've been asked to prepare some games-based entertainment for when our electronics run out of batteries in between periods of passing out.

What are some small/fast/light games that I can play, also preferably requiring minimal table action?

I have Love Letter so I'll be bringing that. I'm hoping to make a print-and-play set of Spyfall as well. I think someone at work is bringing Cards against Humanity.

What do you guys think about Werewolf/One-Night Werewolf/Resistance/Avalon? I have almost no prior experience with these games, and I've read up a little bit on what the differences are. Is there one of these games that is considered the "go-to" Mafia game? Right now I'm leaning towards One-Night Werewolf - the art is cute, and I think the pieces can be re-purposed easily into a more traditional multiple-night game if that's what people would prefer playing.

Are there other games that fit my needs that I may have overlooked in my consideration?

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

Hackjack posted:

I'm going to be travelling with non-gaming coworkers so we'll be spending extended periods of time in buses and hotels, and I've been asked to prepare some games-based entertainment for when our electronics run out of batteries in between periods of passing out.

Coup, I play it on a train constantly.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Hackjack posted:

Are there other games that fit my needs that I may have overlooked in my consideration?

I think Resistance has a smaller footprint than ONUW, so I'd probably travel with that before ONUW. Resistance requires more people though. Along the lines of Love Letter, there's Lost Legacy, which is sort of the sameish design. Tiny Epic Kingdoms was designed to be a travel game, but it is also a bad game. It is there if you're desperate for games, though. You can also just bring some Dixit cards and play that.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
I meant to reply to the Viticulture question and forgot. I found it so-so. I also found his other game so-so. Neither of them do much for worker placement, and I found Archon superior to both if you like your worker placement euro-style, and Argent 100% superior if you want some theme and solid interaction in your worker placement game. Viticulture seems to be another simple engine optimization game and I guess I'm really tired of those.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Lorini posted:

I meant to reply to the Viticulture question and forgot. I found it so-so. I also found his other game so-so. Neither of them do much for worker placement, and I found Archon superior to both if you like your worker placement euro-style, and Argent 100% superior if you want some theme and solid interaction in your worker placement game. Viticulture seems to be another simple engine optimization game and I guess I'm really tired of those.

The keyword there is simple. Viticulture is a relatively simple game and is a step up from Stone Age. Argent is a better game by almost every metric, but it takes much longer and requires much more experienced players. Viticulture also has a theme that appeals more to adults, and especially older adults, which makes it great to break out a family gatherings as a game people will want to play.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Twilight Struggle's new collector's edition box is looking great.

Ohthehugemanatee
Oct 18, 2005

GrandpaPants posted:

I think Resistance has a smaller footprint than ONUW, so I'd probably travel with that before ONUW. Resistance requires more people though. Along the lines of Love Letter, there's Lost Legacy, which is sort of the sameish design. Tiny Epic Kingdoms was designed to be a travel game, but it is also a bad game. It is there if you're desperate for games, though. You can also just bring some Dixit cards and play that.

Resistance or Avalon are fantastic but you need 6+ people. Coup is great for 4 or 5. I've had great success with non gamers with both since the rules are so minimalist but the emergent gameplay is wonderful.

Both games are cheap and fantastic.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Jimbozig posted:

So basically World of Darkness COIN?

That... actually sounds awesome.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

My wife and I played Lagoon land of the Druids last night. We were happy with the component quality, and the ease at which we able to grasp the rules and concept of play. t's not a crunchy game but I think we will get our money's worth from the game.

TLDR: lagoon appears to be a playable and fun game for us.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Hearthstone vs Magic the Gathering

My thoughts on it (with a bias toward Hearthstone)

There are some major differences between the two games, even if they both use rarity, they both are duels (although MtG has some MP variants that are popular) and they both sell packs.

However they are different in a lot of ways. I will tell you up front that I think Hearthstone is the better experience overall. Magic is the more complex game, but I think it gives up too much (particularly for me) to recommend to someone new to the genre.
In Magic, you buy packs and you get cards and can get cards of different rarity within the packs. You can also trade/buy for singles. In Hearthstone you buy the same type of packs with money but you can also get packs through paying with gold. Gold can be acquired by simply playing the game, although it will be a slow process if you want all of them, and if you aren’t good at the game, it’ll be a really slow process. You can also get packs through just playing, or lately through completing a randomly given quest that tells you to watch a friend win a game.

Basic mechanics

Constructed

Constructed is where you make up a deck from cards that you own and then play your deck against other people’s decks. Magic has five colors of cards plus ‘colorless’ cards. These cards can be mixed without restriction. Hearthstone has eight classes. Unlike Magic, the class cards that belong to each class can only be played when you are playing as that class. So Mage cards can’t be played in a Druid deck for example. Most of the cards though belong to the Neutral class, which can be used in all decks. I don’t know where the Magic meta is right now, but historically probability says that you don’t use more than two or three colors in a Magic deck, so the differences aren’t as stark as it may seem.
Deck building in the two games has a significant difference. In Magic, your deck must be at least 60 cards but there can be more. In Hearthstone, your deck is 30 cards, no more or less. In Magic, you can have four of one card, in Hearthstone two of one card. This means less money to spend if you are trying to create a specific deck. Both games have unique cards that can only appear once in a deck, but with Hearthstone’s 30 card requirement, the unique cards have more of an apparent impact on the game than Magic’s unique cards.
You can’t buy or trade for cards in Hearthstone. However you can disenchant cards for dust, and then make the cards you want from dust. I’m fairly sure this was implemented to cut down on customer support issues, since there’s no way to scam anyone in Hearthstone. It works pretty well, as the game makes it easy to disenchant excess cards.

Naturally it’s a hell of a lot easier to make decks in Hearthstone than it is in physical cards Magic, and since Magic’s online client is a piece of crap, it’s also much easier to make decks in Hearthstone vs Magic online.

Drafting

Magic drafts normally consist of opening boosters and then drafting them. In Hearthstone, drafting is called Arena. You pick a class and then are shown three cards 10 times. Because everyone has to buy three boosters, Magic drafts are a lot more expensive than Hearthstone drafts, and you run into rare drafting, where a player will draft a card simply because of its value. This doesn’t happen in Hearthstone because you don’t keep the cards. Also Magic drafts tend to be done in groups of 8 or so.
In Arena, you draft alone. After you draft your cards you play against other players, one duel at a time. You can play with the deck until you’ve either won 12 times or lost three times. The more wins you get, the more rewards you get, including dust, gold, and packs. Arena is the way to go if you are serious about both not paying for packs and also are serious about studying the game. Only 42% of players can average more than 4-3. You break even at 4-3 so to do well you need to consistently win at least five games.

Duels

In Magic, standard play is to play the same opponent for the best of three. You create a deck and a sideboard. In Hearthstone you only get one shot at player. This impacts the deck building significantly, as the Magic player has more ways to win a match, but the Hearthstone player has to have a broader deck. Certainly the Magic side is more complex.

At the beginning of the duel, you draw seven cards in Magic. You can choose to mulligan and redraw six cards. You are free to mulligan repeatedly but you draw fewer cards each time. In Hearthstone, you are presented with three cards. You can choose zero, one, two, or three cards to replace in a one shot. The Hearthstone mulligan is way better if you are interested in reducing the randomization of your deck, because you don’t have to throw away the good part of the opening draw. Also you don’t lose cards.

Duel mechanics

In Magic, you are attacking the other player with your creatures and she can choose to block with her creatures. In Hearthstone, each creature can choose whether or not to attack another creature, or attack the ‘face’ (the other player directly). Also in Magic, each creature’s toughness is restored at the end of the turn, in Hearthstone it’s not. Lastly, you can play cards at any time in Magic, but in Hearthstone you can only play cards on your turn. This is specifically where Magic is simply more complex. A Magic player must be prepared for both sides of the conflict at all times, not so a Hearthstone player.

This is why board control is a much bigger deal in Hearthstone than it is in Magic. If you end the turn without having any creatures, and are facing creatures with more attack than you have health, you’re dead. There is literally nothing you can do. You can try to help out by playing Secrets (cards that play on your opponents turn) but there aren’t many of those and they aren’t always that helpful. A lot of what you do in Hearthstone is trying to keep control of the board.

Also trading (as in attacking/defending with creatures) is much different. In Magic, if some big creature comes at you and you block it with a creature that has much smaller health and attack, you stave off one attack, but the creature will be back next time if you don’t remove it some other way. In Hearthstone, that same small creature will eat away at the toughness of the big creature, making him easier to defeat in the next round. Again this has a lot of significance in how you deck build in either Arena or constructed.

Mana

You depend on lands for mana in Magic. This means that if you get unlucky, you can end up jammed and unable to play cards in your hand. In Hearthstone, you get one additional mana every turn. So turn 1 you get one mana, turn two you get 2 mana, etc. You can still end up jammed and unable to play cards in your hand, however this is less likely, particularly with Hearthstone’s mulligan rules. So therefore there is more of an emphasis on mana curve than there is in Magic, because the Hearhstone mana curve is more reliable. (Mana curve is where you play single cards that use up all given mana in a turn, this is considered efficient card play).
I think that’s enough (probably too much) for now. I’d really suggest you download the Hearthstone client at playhearthstone.com if you are interested. There are three active groups on somethingawful.com, constructed, arena, and the GDT if you want more, or you can ask here for basic stuff. I might write more about just Hearthstone if there is interest (from a board gamers point of view, I'm no expert to say the least).

The worst submarine
Apr 26, 2010

Lorini posted:

I don’t know where the Magic meta is right now, but historically probability says that you don’t use more than two or three colors in a Magic deck, so the differences aren’t as stark as it may seem.
lol

Hearthstone and magic are both bad, Hearthstone is better online than magic tho.

jmzero
Jul 24, 2007

To me, the best thing about Hearthstone is the Arena setup. I would probably do a MTGO draft now and again, except you have to pretty much block out 3 or 4 hours to process the whole thing. Being able to draft a deck, then play it whenever, would fit into my schedule a lot more often. What you lose is the interaction with other players in the same draft - the signalling and what not - but I'd be happy to pay that cost to avoid sitting for 15 minutes waiting for everyone else to finish a draft round. The other crumby thing is that your deck in HS is just "all the cards you drafted". This is simple to implement, but it means that you're penalized pretty heavily for "trying something risky"; if you don't get follow-up cards for your strategy, you can't just leave the oddball cards in your sideboard like you might in Magic.

Duels of the Planeswalkers works, but its clearly been hobbled in various ways in order to avoid having it cannibalize either MTGO or paper card sales (MTGO is also hamstrung by this to an extent, partially because of their "digital sets redeemable for cardboard ones" policy). Overall, Magic has really bobbled their digital strategy.

Hearthstone works, and it works with a very simple ruleset, but I am curious how they'll keep it going over time. My understanding is that there's no format rotation, and there's just not a lot of design space room (there's only so many variations you can do of +1 power, +1 toughness, comes into play, and leaves play triggers... just look at Sentinels for a demonstration of this). It feels like they'll have to power creep, or print lots of "direct-linked" cards - like Chair cards that affect only Bum cards or whatever - to keep making new cards that can co-exist with old ones (and keep people interested in acquiring new ones).

But for whatever else I feel about the design, Hearthstone acts like a boardgame - and with its success I look forward to more boardgame design ideas and properties (simplicity, transparency, managed multiplayer interactions) trampling over their inferior video game counterparts (baffling pointless complexity, hidden mechanics, only free-for-all chaos or teams, etc..).

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

There's only the two PvE adventures and the Goblins vs Gnomes expansion, so who knows what's going to happen in formats. I think they don't need to power creep to sustain the game, they have a lot of attributes (as does Magic) to play with, such as Taunt, Windfury, Stealth, and Battlecries.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

I think they could do a lot more with equipment by adding stuff that isn't weapons but takes up the weapon slot. Or even like a 1 damage weapon that didn't cause you to take damage from the monster you attack.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

ashez2ashes posted:

I'm really curious what a game created by the readers of this thread would look like (created by poll I guess?). My gut tells me we would end up creating chess, but with the pieces being various figures of dicks and naked ladies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVuX0wYLUpQ

edit: Silicon Diver, Singularity Engine, Go-Time!, Fender Bender, Moonbase 1989, Visions, Pandemonium, Stalin Ask For Bomb, and 100% Historically Accurate Ceasar Simulator all have programmer art or I'd post those too

Broken Loose fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Apr 24, 2015

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

A Study in Emerald seems like it's thematically kind of what I imagine fantasy nerd COIN to be like, with the whole anarchy/revolutionary/Cthulhu/Sherlock/Vampires/Zombies mashup. Quite different mechanically, of course.

Edit: some sort of AI insurgency a la Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep/Bladerunner would be pretty neat for sci fi. Could consult Elon Musk

fozzy fosbourne fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Apr 24, 2015

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Hackjack posted:

What do you guys think about Werewolf/One-Night Werewolf/Resistance/Avalon? I have almost no prior experience with these games, and I've read up a little bit on what the differences are. Is there one of these games that is considered the "go-to" Mafia game? Right now I'm leaning towards One-Night Werewolf - the art is cute, and I think the pieces can be re-purposed easily into a more traditional multiple-night game if that's what people would prefer playing.

Werewolf is bad. One Night is better (and many people here defend it) but has very real problems that qualify as dealbreakers in my eyes. Resistance is good, Avalon is better, Resistance + expansions is best.

If you're joining at this stage the boardgame release narrative, it's worth it to pick up Resistance+. It's the absolute best traitor game out there by far, it nails a near-mastery of the formula, it plays quick, all the players are constantly involved, and it generally doesn't devolve to trolling without a player obviously and blatantly cheating or suiciding their team in unsubtle and inarguable ways.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I've cooled off a bit on ONUW because it just doesn't work that well if you have people who don't give a poo poo about the villagers losing and are only concerned with not getting killed. I feel like it would be better if there was some meta game attached to it to make people want to actually win, like maybe a drinking game, betting, or maybe people get kicked in the groin if they lose, I dunno

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
What are the Resistance expansions and what do they add?

jmzero
Jul 24, 2007

quote:

I think they don't need to power creep to sustain the game, they have a lot of attributes (as does Magic) to play with, such as Taunt, Windfury, Stealth, and Battlecries.

Well, yeah, they've already got a lot of this easy stuff: comes into play, leaves play triggers, and some targetting/shield type stuff (working with their limited set of play options and card types). And they can print every combination of those at every power/toughness level. They're well on their way, actually.

But they can't really do lands that are also creatures, spells that untap artifacts, or instants that turn enchantments into creatures. Despite exponentially more options, Magic ran out of "quality" design space quite a while ago (with only momentary lapses into good design) - and Hearthstone has already plumbed many of their "digital only" options (eg. summon any possible creature from the game randomly). Again, I'm not saying it's a bad game or something, but it clearly has limits on its design space, unless they really branch out (and thus compromise the game's simplicity of design, and interface).

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

AMooseDoesStuff posted:

Cards with backs that are incompatible with the base set and a strong sense of regret at giving money to a company that believed that this was okay.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

AMooseDoesStuff posted:

Hostile Intent and Hidden Agenda. Hidden Agenda backports all the Avalon stuff along with a few new play variants, and Hostile Intent adds a bunch of new roles* along with a few new play variants. There was a disastrous Kickstarter version with severe QC problems that required the game to be sleeved, but I don't know how necessary that would be if you don't get the Rogue KS exclusive role. It is, unfortunately, a good game published by a bad company (although the designer is a good dude).

*If Resistance is 1 and Avalon/HA is Resistance 2, then HI is effectively Resistance 3. The new roles and play modes represent fundamental changes that alter the base game in radical ways. It's not bad, just very different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Broken Loose posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVuX0wYLUpQ

edit: Silicon Diver, Singularity Engine, Go-Time!, Fender Bender, Moonbase 1989, Visions, Pandemonium, Stalin Ask For Bomb, and 100% Historically Accurate Ceasar Simulator all have programmer art or I'd post those too

You forgot one :colbert:
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/175694/feirmeoir