Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
help i can't stop listening to this

YES I AM

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Apr 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
If Cars had a stand it would be called Queen of the Stone Age.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

StalkofWheat posted:

Joseph deserves a punch ghost drat it!

Joseph's the only Joestar to never do the rapid punching thing.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Joseph's the only Joestar to never do the rapid punching thing.

I wonder if this has a correlation to Joestar lifespan. Like the calorie-restricted diet.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Ekusukariba posted:

So according to JOJO A-GO!GO! the hermit purple stand Dio used was actually Jonathan's, so does that mean theoretically someone could take body parts of other stand users and end up with a bunch of different stands?

... Does this mean he can do double hermit purple then

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I fully believe Joseph never really understood how to use Hermit Purple to its fullest extent. We know how he feels about hard work and working hard. Dude just figured out he could use the vines to conduct hamon, happened to punch a camera, and he figured that was the end of it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I fully believe Joseph never really understood how to use Hermit Purple to its fullest extent.

Well, its Developmental Potential is E, so it can't develop any more new powers at least.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

But he came to Morioh to find another guy. :psyduck:

Joseph was probably too senile to find anyone at that point.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Silver2195 posted:

Joseph was probably too senile to find anyone at that point.

He was just playing a trick on us!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

http://bato.to/read/_/317599/jojos-bizarre-adventure-part-8-jojolion_ch42--v2-_by_hi-wa-mata-noboru next chapter's out, nerds

e: Bizarro pillar men confirmed

Aurora fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Apr 24, 2015

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jesus Christ, that was loving brutal.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
Poor Aishou. :smith:
I wonder what Tsurugi meant by "forbidden move".

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Probably because it gets people killed.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I wonder if Joubin is a Piller Man. His spikes remind me of the first dude.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Butt Ghost posted:

I wonder if Joubin is a Piller Man. His spikes remind me of the first dude.

Aishou did get in a cars accident with him

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Well, its Developmental Potential is E, so it can't develop any more new powers at least.

I always thought developmental potential kinda hung between the Stand's abilities and user's...creativity/intelligence/whatever. Like Hermit Purple probably doesn't have much else to it, but with a user like Joseph (and as old as he is), its development is definitely lower than anybody else.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Tsurugi pulled off some real brutal poo poo right there.

Waiting for more JoJo is killing me.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

dogsicle posted:

I always thought developmental potential kinda hung between the Stand's abilities and user's...creativity/intelligence/whatever.

The Beach Boy fight is the best example of this. Compare how Pesci was using BB when he first showed up, and how much more lethal the stand becomes when he get's serious.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

There's no way these guys don't come back at the end. They are dropping way too fast. Plus it looks like he was able to pull himself together in that flashback

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Aishou... had a hard life.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i was entirely baffled for a little bit there until it was said what happened. that was...peak jojo's, jesus christ.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I feel like it was a missed opportunity to not use Rock You Like A Hurricane. On the nose? Sure, but so was I Am A Rock.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

stand stats don't mean anything

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Range and possibly power are the only two meaningful statistics in this series.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i don't know if it was an official thing or someone bullshitting but it was said that 'potential' referred to how much the user knew about their stand which meant that it could change over time once they discovered more. like star platinum's potential sits at 'A' or some poo poo for a while and then he learns to stop time so the potential drops to, like, D or something.

i don't know

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Regardless, Joseph is an idiot who can't use his Stand without breaking a camera, writes off his tv power as bad, and proceeds to never use his Stand again. So the E sits squarely on his shoulders.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

And that's why we love him.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I was expected Joubin to roast Aishou to death, but what actually happened was much more interesting.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Sorry to interrupt Part 8 discussion but yo Part 7 is still really drat good.

If your heart is wavering, do not shoot.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Jesus Christ, that was loving brutal.

I know, right? I certainly wasn't expecting something like that out of Tsurugi

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Moltrey posted:

Sorry to interrupt Part 8 discussion but yo Part 7 is still really drat good.

If your heart is wavering, do not shoot.

there is no part of arc 7 that isn't good

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

there is no part of arc 7 that isn't good

"My heart and actions are utterly unclouded. They are all those of 「Justice」...!"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Part 7 has some really bad parts but it is mostly consistently great action and it works really well as just a buddy travel manga

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Part 7 has some really bad parts but it is mostly consistently great action and it works really well as just a buddy travel manga

The only "really bad" part I can really think of for me is Sandman suddenly becoming Soundman and then also a villain. It just felt like Araki really wanted to get rid of him as quickly as possible.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

What are it's really bad parts? It may because it has been a while since i've read it but I remember really enjoying it all the way through.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

FirstAidKite posted:

The worst thing for me so far has probably been the Lucy Steel and Scarlet Valentine stuff. That was just....really odd and kinda uncomfortable in spots when I remembered Lucy is fourteen. Also some of the fights are really hard to tell what the gently caress is going on, but maybe I'm bad at manga reading. Like the Wekapipo and Magent Magent fight had cool ideas, but it was hard for me to tell where people were in this space and what they were doing, same with In A Silent Way too.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
It's been so long, I kinda forgot Paper Moon could do that.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.

MelvinBison posted:

Poor Aishou. :smith:
I wonder what Tsurugi meant by "forbidden move".
It probably means it'll never get used again.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

weird poo poo involving lucy is definitely the low point of part 7. i generally try to forget it, though, so my opinion of the rest of the arc is pretty high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

My only major complaint with SBR was I felt the Valentine fight went on way too long.

Also wasn't a big fan of Diego coming back, but Lucy and Stephen Steel redeemed that bit for me.

• Locked thread