Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BSam
Nov 24, 2012

MrAristocrates posted:

He's talking about Adventure Time.

That was a good pilot. Pity about the rest of the actual show.

(see also Glee)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Sleeveless posted:

The Cartoon Network execs never put more than a season or two of a show up on Netflix because they were really anti-streaming, which is :irony: coming from a network whose biggest hit only exists because the pilot went viral.

Cartoon Network and Adult Swim are two separate networks, from executive leadership all on down. They just share a channel. Adult Swim even has (had?) adult swim gold for streaming long, long ago.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
If you plan to watch only one episode of Lip Sync Battle this year, tonight is Mike Tyson vs. Terry Crews, so it's as good an episode as any.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
if we're talking about moving shows to ADTRW why not Banshee

it's pretty much an 80s/90s OVA made live-action

and it'd be nice to see that thread active between seasons

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I think we need to come to terms with the truth: All television is anime.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Life is anime

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

feedmyleg posted:

Life is anime
"Except anime, which is not anime. It's Japanimation!"

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

feedmyleg posted:

Life is anime

But anime is for jerks. :ohdear:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

VorpalBunny posted:

But anime is for jerks. :ohdear:

Says the guy that advertises for Crunchyroll

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Mu Zeta posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGOvMXR9kGk

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

Mu Zeta posted:

I thought Anime is for Jerks was one of those life truisms, like Humans Breathe Air and The Sun Will Rise Tomorrow.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
A wise man once said "Everything in life is about anime, except anime."

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Drop Everything

X-FILES STREAMING IN HD ON NETFLIX RIGHT THE gently caress NOW!!!!

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3341654/netflix-streams-first-season-x-files-hd/

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hello,

I wish there was still a Grey's Anatomy thread. This episode hosed me up.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Asiina posted:

Hello,

I wish there was still a Grey's Anatomy thread. This episode hosed me up.

I heard tonight's Scandal was disturbing too. Something must've been in Shondaland's water that week.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

bull3964 posted:

Drop Everything

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3341654/netflix-streams-first-season-x-files-hd/

Well the first 13 episodes of the first season are, at least.

I threw on the pilot, it looks drat good! Looks like they used a slightly different font for the credits, though.

Also CSM is in the pilot, I can't believe I forgot that.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Yeah, not quite complete yet, but I'm sure it's all eventually coming. The remasters have all been done since mid 2014.

Hopefully this means a blu-ray box set is coming soon.

Yeah, it does look great.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Sober posted:

"Except anime, which is not anime. It's Japanimation!"

Hey, let's play nice with the anime folks. I know the fans are usually focused on crap like Dragon balls, but some of the studios, like Ghibli occasionally make good films.

I like to keep a copy of Grave of the Fireflies handy for who complain about anime being too childish.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

thrakkorzog posted:

I like to keep a copy of Grave of the Fireflies handy for who complain about anime being too childish.

Yes, a cartoon about a child will surely prove to them that anime isn't childish!

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Irish Joe posted:

Yes, a cartoon about a child will surely prove to them that anime isn't childish!

Wow, Irish Joe, you are bringing on the ignorance. You don't even know what you're railing against.

When they put their mind towards it, the Japanese can make horribly depressing anime about living through WWII.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Apr 24, 2015

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Grave of the Fireflies is like the most emotionally manipulative movie ever made. The end is basically just the director poking your tear ducts with a stick screaming at you to cry.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Bown posted:

Grave of the Fireflies is like the most emotionally manipulative movie ever made. The end is basically just the director poking your tear ducts with a stick screaming at you to cry.

Well, its mostly a true story.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hey guys Gillian Anderson's book is available as an audio book, and she's reading it.~ Scully's reading me to sleep tonight.

https://mobile.audible.com/pd/Sci-Fi-Fantasy/A-Vision-of-Fire-Audiobook/B00MH3FDXC?s=s

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Bown posted:

The difference between the story and real life is that the guy lived in real life, so he wrote a story in which he died because of his horrible horrible guilt.

e: I mean you really don't get a stronger message than changing the story of your life to include you dying slowly and in a great deal of pain, do you?

Mulva fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Apr 24, 2015

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

thrakkorzog posted:

When they put their mind towards it, the Japanese can make horribly depressing anime about living through WWII.

Putting aside the fact that the movie asks you to sympathize with nazis and war criminals, there are plenty of depressing World War II movies that aren't cartoons about children.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Irish Joe posted:

Putting aside the fact that the movie asks you to sympathize with nazis and war criminals, there are plenty of depressing World War II movies that aren't cartoons about children.

What? Grave of the Firefly doesn't ask us to sympathize with war criminals. It's about a couple of Japanese kids who were poo poo on by WWII.

You totally haven't seen that movie. I can spot it because you are talking out of your rear end and have no clue what you're talking about.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Apr 24, 2015

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

thrakkorzog posted:

What? Grave of the Firefly's doesn't ask us to sympathize with war criminals. It's about a couple of Japanese kids who were poo poo on by WWII.

You are slow. The joke is "they are one and the same".

-Another post explained by An Ounce of Gold!

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

thrakkorzog posted:

What? Grave of the Firefly doesn't ask us to sympathize with war criminals. It's about a couple of Japanese kids who were poo poo on by WWII.

Why the gently caress do you keep responding to him as if he were anything other than a tedious, worn out troll?

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Apr 24, 2015

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Nice thread ya got here, be a shame if it were to burn down.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Why the gently caress do you keep responding to him as if he were anything other than a tedious, worn out troll?

Sometimes he makes a good point. It doesn't happen too often, but it happens often enough that it's worth listening to him.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

thrakkorzog posted:

Sometimes he makes a good point. It doesn't happen too often, but it happens often enough that it's worth listening to him.

Broken clock.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

GreenNight posted:

Broken clock.

24 hour display digital broken clock. :v:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Is there a thread anywhere on the forums about the Comcast/TWC merger? I'm not sure where else best to put this (I checked D&D and TVIV for a thread, didn't find one), so for lack of finding a better place I'll put this here.

Comcast Confirms End of Deal With Time Warner Cable

quote:

Comcast confirmed Friday that it had called off its $45 billion takeover of Time Warner Cable, aborting its plans to create a truly national cable company with unprecedented control over the future of the country’s television and broadband markets.

The deal would have brought together the country’s two largest cable operators at a time when the Internet acts as the ultimate gateway for information and entertainment, and when vast technology changes revolutionize how people watch and pay for television.

Combined, the companies would have controlled as much as 57 percent of the nation’s broadband market and just under 30 percent of pay television service. That threshold appeared to be too much for federal regulators, who had signaled that they were leaning toward blocking the deal.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

thrawn527 posted:

Is there a thread anywhere on the forums about the Comcast/TWC merger? I'm not sure where else best to put this (I checked D&D and TVIV for a thread, didn't find one), so for lack of finding a better place I'll put this here.

There was this one in SH/SC (long archived): http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3608917
And this one based on the news in YOSPOS: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3715532

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

bull3964 posted:

Drop Everything

Yes.

Hip deep in my rewatch right now (season 3) but might have to double back right now. Cool news!

EDIT: Group watch Pilot, Squeeze, the Thing ripoff ep, and Beyond the Sea guys and gals.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

MrAristocrates posted:

He's talking about Adventure Time.

He obviously means Perfect Hair Forever

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Grave of the Fireflies is a good rear end movie but if you don't think it's emotionally manipulative as hell, you're only kidding yourself.

It's not about the story- it's about the way the movie presents the story.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Holy poo poo stop talking about anime.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

thrawn527 posted:

There's got to be some opportunity for newer, smaller interests to make these lovely old dinosaurs as irrelevant as they should be, right?

• Locked thread