Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

This has to be a troll...right?

All I will say is Season 6 was garbage and Season 7 was a massive improvement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Valeyard posted:

Dexter is also dipped real low and then trended upwards towards the end.

That is a very funny joke right there.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Valeyard posted:

Dexter . . . trended upwards towards the end.
:staredog:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

This season...man it's crazy how fast you can kill goodwill towards a series.

But nope it's still This grave injury can be healed with tea, THIS grave injury can be treated with micro robots, but THIS grave injury? Well now it's time to move the plot forward.

Massive trauma to multiple organs via impalement IS actually different than a blood clot in the brain.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Kesper North posted:

I really liked the most recent season of Archer, though.

That was my point too. He was asking if other shows have had a bad season and picked back up. I was referring to Archer Vice vs S6.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Dango Bango posted:

That was my point too. He was asking if other shows have had a bad season and picked back up. I was referring to Archer Vice vs S6.

I'm so glad to hear this, because Archer Vice really didn't do anything for me.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Axel Serenity posted:

Only a couple more episodes until Barry Allen unleashes the time voodoo and erases all of Ollie's terrible decisions this season :yayclod:

From a couple pages back but in my head I like to imagine the day Barry Allen reset with time shenanigans was the one day where everything went abnormally great in Starling City.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

boom boom boom posted:

That is a very funny joke right there.

I think the point he was trying to make is that the 2nd last season was fresh dog poo poo and the final season was that chalky white dog poo poo that's been sitting on the grass for years. You know which one you'd rather step on by accident.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

The Shortest Path posted:

God loving dammit writers nobody gives a poo poo about this awful romance subplot. If you'd canned it in the first episode of the season everything would have been so much better.

I had a friend text me mostly to talk about how happy she was that they hooked up.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

VagueRant posted:

Yeah, that non-lethal stab from THE GREATEST ASSASSIN AND WARRIOR IN THE WORLD.
Eh, that's consistent with the inefficiency of guns and bullets in the show previous to this. I mean punches and arrows have always been more powerful.

(And even the Daredevil show that everyone is gushing over has a similar thing where doing a backflip directly in front of a gunman ensures a 0% accuracy rate.)

Katana's blind stab was a little hosed up though. "I'm pretty sure I won't hit Ollie, probably. Maybe." Also where did she actually come from?

I think the whole gun thing in the show has been building for me for a while, that scene just took the piss.

TV in general doesn't deal with guns very well - I loved 24 but it used to really annoy me about how inconsistent the main characters were with thier guns. In one scene they will be dropping guys with pinpoint accuracy, the next they get into an extended firefight shooting multiple mags and not hitting a thing.

Valeyard posted:

All I will say is Season 6 was garbage and Season 7 was a massive improvement.

Hahaha, what?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Shut the gently caress up about the show being on the downhill run already. You guys are worse than the Flash thread, and they did a 3 episode 180.

Here, enjoy the extended promo for next week, now with 100% more Canary Cry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0HRlBtDRb4

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Scyantific posted:

Shut the gently caress up about the show being on the downhill run already. You guys are worse than the Flash thread, and they did a 3 episode 180.

Here, enjoy the extended promo for next week, now with 100% more Canary Cry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0HRlBtDRb4

Why does she open her mouth when she does the cry? Doesn't it come from her choker?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

boom boom boom posted:

Why does she open her mouth when she does the cry? Doesn't it come from her choker?

Before even seeing the preview the choker thing looks like it was designed to amplify her actual voice or w/e, not just play a recording

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Funhilde posted:

I had a friend text me mostly to talk about how happy she was that they hooked up.

Me too. I brought up that Felicity's days are numbered now that she got it on with Oliver "Everyone I gently caress Gets Ruined" Queen. She told me to shut the gently caress up stop ruining this for me.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

boom boom boom posted:

Cisco took the original Beats by Dre speaker she was using and swapped the AUX IN with a little microphone that amplifies her own voice

Valeyard posted:

Before even seeing the preview the choker thing looks like it was designed to amplify her actual voice or w/e, not just play a recording

bam

Shaved-Head League Oliver looks pretty badass, glad we are finally getting to the meat of the story.

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Apr 23, 2015

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Mr Beens posted:

I think the whole gun thing in the show has been building for me for a while, that scene just took the piss.

TV in general doesn't deal with guns very well - I loved 24 but it used to really annoy me about how inconsistent the main characters were with thier guns. In one scene they will be dropping guys with pinpoint accuracy, the next they get into an extended firefight shooting multiple mags and not hitting a thing.

The action guys also need to learn the difference between concealment and cover. Tables and empty wooden crates won't stop 9mm rounds. Their street fight scenes are so tight everyone is usually less than 10' from each other too. It really seems like they've taken a hit in production along the way - they used to have some decent TV fighting scenes.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Valeyard posted:

So if she uses it but forgets to turn it off, the next time she talks her words will come out as a deafening screech?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The spinoff has a new cast member

quote:

The untitled "Flash"/"Arrow" spinoff gains another cast member in Franz Drameh, who will play Jay Jackson on the show.

According to the official character description, Jay Jackson is "a former high school athlete, whose pro-career was derailed by injury. Now making ends meets as an auto mechanic, Jay will come to have a surprising affiliation to the S.T.A.R. Labs crew." The character was not given a superhero moniker in the press release, though it should be noted that Warner Bros. has kept a careful distance between their television and film adaptations of characters.

No idea who's supposed to be though.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

The fight scenes in Hong Kong have all been uniformly terrible. Like, we can debate and discuss the merits of the season arc with the League - but no one can defend anything to do with Hong Kong.

It looks cheap, has no forward momentum, nonsensical twists, no thematic pull...

Shadowstar
May 19, 2003

~~~~~~~~~

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

this, this is the pointy tip of the Arrow

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

What's your point?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I know a lot of people havn't been too hot about this season, but at least Ollie has finally stuck his arrow in Felicity's quiver.

Yes, I've been saving that one for three seasons now.

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

Valeyard posted:

Dexter is also dipped real low and then trended upwards towards the end.

Only for a few brief minutes when a badass homosexual Ray Stevenson was on the screen murdering things.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Static-Cyborg, a horrible TV-only mashup?

This show sounds nuts. I can't wait.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Cyborg?

TEAH SYAG posted:

The action guys also need to learn the difference between concealment and cover. Tables and empty wooden crates won't stop 9mm rounds. Their street fight scenes are so tight everyone is usually less than 10' from each other too. It really seems like they've taken a hit in production along the way - they used to have some decent TV fighting scenes.

If you can't be seen, you can't be shot. That's how it works.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Huuuhn. Jay Jackson.

Yeah, no idea. The only thing I can think of is Aqualad, whose name is Jackson Hyde. But it's a big stretch.

Wait, actually, I have another thought: Wally West. This is him, and the name is to throw us off the scent. "Jay" after Jay Garrick, "Jackson" after...who knows. Joe's wife's maiden name, perhaps. The auto-mechanic part fits Wally. The STAR Labs connection fits Wally.

Oh gently caress someone prove me wrong right now.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Some people are saying he could be Maximum

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
So Wendy Mericle will becoming a coshowrunner, for those who do not know who she is, she wrote some of the better episodes of Arrow. Damaged, Midnight City, and Seeing Red.

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy

BrianWilly posted:

Huuuhn. Jay Jackson.

Yeah, no idea. The only thing I can think of is Aqualad, whose name is Jackson Hyde. But it's a big stretch.

Wait, actually, I have another thought: Wally West. This is him, and the name is to throw us off the scent. "Jay" after Jay Garrick, "Jackson" after...who knows. Joe's wife's maiden name, perhaps. The auto-mechanic part fits Wally. The STAR Labs connection fits Wally.

I mean, has to be right? Jay Jackson/Wally West/Jay Garrick?

Also Joe and Iris's last name is West on Flash so clearly something is happening there.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

BrianWilly posted:

Huuuhn. Jay Jackson.

Jackson after Bo Jackson, the fastest (football) man alive, an athlete sidelined by an injury, yet he can still do superhuman things.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

greatn posted:

Jackson after Bo Jackson, the fastest (football) man alive, an athlete sidelined by an injury, yet he can still do superhuman things.

Bo is a metahuman with amazing psychic powers. Bo Knows.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I'm glad Ray is ready to do his own thing because Felicity was dragging him down and all of their "ooh we're so awkward" comedy fell flat for me.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Whizbang posted:

Bo is a metahuman with amazing psychic powers. Bo Knows.

Bo also makes his own arrowheads. :tinfoil:

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Bo was already a TV super hero, though...

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The romance stuff is there for the section of the audience that likes romance. Not my thing but if other people like it who cares? IMO it rarely hijacks the show.

Also I've liked this season a fair bit. And it's ending strong. That Ollie getup. :stare:

hiddenriverninja posted:

I'm glad Ray is ready to do his own thing because Felicity was dragging him down and all of their "ooh we're so awkward" comedy fell flat for me.

I thought I was the only one who hated Ray's goofy comedy. I thought the thread in general adored Ray.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The sex scene was a lot longer than I expected it to be, and pretty tasteful I guess.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The romance stuff is there for the section of the audience that likes romance. Not my thing but if other people like it who cares? IMO it rarely hijacks the show.

I like romance. I don't like terrible romance. This season of Arrow has exclusively had terrible romance.

Ray and Felicity are fun together, but it's ruined by the terrible Felicty and Oliver nonsense.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

boom boom boom posted:

I like romance. I don't like terrible romance. This season of Arrow has exclusively had terrible romance.

Ray and Felicity are fun together, but it's ruined by the terrible Felicty and Oliver nonsense.

Now that's just not fair, the Cupid/Deadshot stuff was adorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Also I've liked this season a fair bit. And it's ending strong. That Ollie getup. :stare:

I thought I was the only one who hated Ray's goofy comedy. I thought the thread in general adored Ray.

Don't get me wrong I love Ray when he's goofy on his own. Felicity just makes everything about her and how concerned she is about everyone.

Raysco 5ever

• Locked thread