Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
We may not have death rays but we _do_ have pain rays. Don't forget those things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Warcabbit posted:

We may not have death rays but we _do_ have pain rays. Don't forget those things.
Also pain sound cannons

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah, I've always thought that developing ways to inflict pain without the risk of death or visible injury is a particularly worrying thing. The government becomes like a child abusing parent who shows off to everyone that their child doesn't have any marks on them, so everything is fine.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Apr 24, 2015

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Fried Chicken posted:

And like an explosion, it creates a shock front that then slams into the material around it.

The fun thing is that we can actually use this to test materials under extreme impacts - impacts, in fact, that are too extreme to test with an actual "Shoot it with a thing" impact. They're called laser spall experiments, and I really want to do one some day.

I mention this because we're not yet, to my knowledge, actually evaluating armor for "can it stand up to a laser?" but we're basically doing the next best thing. The dystopian sci-fi future is NOW.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, I've always thought that developing ways to inflict pain without the risk of death or visible injury is a particularly worrying thing. The government becomes like a child abusing parent who shows off to everyone that their child doesn't have any marks on them, so everything is fine.
It's all fun and games until someone holds the gom jabbar to your neck.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

bitcoin bastard posted:

I am curious, are there like 4 different photographers they are looking at?

That seems fairly likely.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ankaarproductions.wrathofobama

quote:

Wrath of Obama
Ankaar Productions - April 15, 2015
Action

Description
Get ready to battle the cold-war-turned-hot in this innovative action-strategy blend by dark-humor game-company Ankaar Productions.
Follow President Obamaís quest to unravel a much darker mystery at the heart of a global crisis that will end up uniting 2 former enemies against a new common enemy.
As the hordes of communist-undead rise, lead by an awoken Lenin-demon, threaten the survival of mankind; President Obama and Putin unite to engage this new threat together. Will you be able to stop this menace and unite the peoples of earth? or will you allow the communist-undead to take over and plunge the world into darkness.
Ready the weapons, as this is going to be a battle of mythical proportions!

Features include:
-Authentic Obama and Putin impersonations
-Beautiful, fully animated graphics
-Incredible action-packed story with mind-boggling plot-twists
-Unique hybrid action-strategy gameplay
-Unique top-down flight action gameplay
-A wide variety of weapons, units, powers, and more
-Fight in the Ukraine, Moscow and even New York!
-Play as president Obama and unravel the mysteries of this crisis!
Creating innovative, fun dark-humor games is at the core of Ankaar Productions. Following the success of 'Fuhrer in LA', Wrath of Obamaí follows the US president in a unique tale of deceit and dark mystery as the plot regarding this international crisis unfolds to mythic proportions.
Check us out on Twitter: @ankaarproducts
Thanks for playing!
Wrath of Obama © 2015 Ankaar Productions
https://www.ankaar.com

10 reviews so far, all 5 stars!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Someone should LP this.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

bitcoin bastard posted:

I am curious, are there like 4 different photographers they are looking at?

Probably yea.

McAlister
Nov 3, 2002

by exmarx

My Imaginary GF posted:

Bingo, and speaking of personality/individual character...

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html?referrer=

This is why Clinton would be a disaster as President. Its one thing to take money to your political campaign for access; its another to take money for a foundation which materially benefits your children in exchange for access. Say what you will about the oil industry and the Bushes, they don't take oil money to benefit their children's hedge fund manger husbands. This crosses the line, and shows why Americans simply can't trust Clinton to be President.

A charity like the clinton foundation is a tool that makes money go away. A hedge fund is a tool that accumulates money. They are the opposite of each other. So the Clinton's charity is nothing like the Bush's hedge funds.

Furthermore, working 30 hours a week ( per tax filing link below ) for a charity is nothing like owning a hedge fund - an activity requiring no work at all.

While Chelsea Clinton may be the director of her parents charity, she isn't making bank there financially ( spiritually it's probably very fulfilling ). Take a moment before you follow this link to their tax filings and try to guess what Chelsea's foundation salary is. It's on page 8.

http://www.guidestar.org/FinDocuments/2012/311/580/2012-311580204-09d3e966-9.pdf

Were you right? Did you guess zero dollars? Cause that's how much the foundation pays chelsea. Nothing. The ceo makes a friendly $385k a year but the clinton daughter is paid nothing. Family businesses are always crappy with regards to child labor, no?

In fact, when you remember that proceeds from Chelsea's speaking engagements ( up to 75k a speech ) are donated to the foundation you realize that she is paying to work there rather than being paid.

Now one could pull their tin foil hat tightly around their ears at this point and speculate that Chelsea dips into the foundation's petty cash and steals office supplies ... But wouldn't it be easier to just keep her speaking fees and not work there?

Maybe put that money into a hedge fund instead of a charity?

Also NBC pays Chelsea 600k a year to be a contributor so she's not exactly hurting for cash.
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/06/chelsea-clinton-nbc-600-k-salary-107827.html.

Oh, and if you like Terry McAuliffe you may have noticed that he also works for the Clinton foundation for no salary.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
Could the Terry McAuliffe thing be an early hint about who might be her VP?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

ErIog posted:

Chelsea should be VP. Clinton/Clinton 2016.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Garrand posted:

Chelsea should be VP. Clinton/Clinton 2016.

I was about to say that there's no way Chelsea would meet the clause that requires a vice presidential candidate to met the requirements for a presidential candidate, but looking it up she's 35. I'm getting old.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

ErIog posted:

Unlikely. He will almost certainly be heavily involved in fundraising though - he's great at that, but he's actively unlikable as a human being.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Kalman posted:

Unlikely. He will almost certainly be heavily involved in fundraising though - he's great at that, but he's actively unlikable as a human being.

Really? It seems like having governor cred on the ticket would be good, and the VP is extremely likely to be a fairly boring white guy to try to balance the ticket. What are other possible VP's being talked about? Maybe one of the Castro's?

Bob Ojeda
Apr 15, 2008

I AM A WHINY LITTLE EMOTIONAL BITCH BABY WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOR

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING REMIND ME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Michael Bennet.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Barry Sotero.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

How about Biden?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Joementum posted:

Secret Service once again caught leaving Obama on his own in a dangerous situation. Thank goodness for the Park Service! :911:

Are law enforcement agents from local and state level disarmed before getting close to the Prez? What about federal, non SS, agents?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Vahakyla posted:

Are law enforcement agents from local and state level disarmed before getting close to the Prez? What about federal, non SS, agents?

This is what that CDC security "scandal" was about - a security guard that kept his weapon and was alone in an elevator with Obama. Good thing all he wanted to do was take a selfie!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Boehner sighed as he drew his lawnmower blade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWdfb_YfePk

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
As someone who used to cut grass professionally there is nothing about that video that isn't infuriating.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Comcast just abandoned it's $45billion Time Warner Cable deal.

Also Joseph Stiglitz eviscerated Reaganomics today, declaring that "the American Dream is a myth."

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Every time I hear someone mention something Joseph Stiglitz has said, my brain just goes "BWOW NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW"

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Has Jackson Lee ever worn a normal outfit to anything ever? I see her all the time around town and she's always wearing something crazy.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Sir Tonk posted:

Has Jackson Lee ever worn a normal outfit to anything ever? I see her all the time around town and she's always wearing something crazy.

Maybe this is a bad example picture, but I don't see anything crazy in this picture

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Everblight posted:

Literally every other country combined has less Naval power than the US.

My favorite semi-'Murrca fact is that the largest air force in the world is the USAF (big surprise), but the second-largest air force is the US Navy.

Not that I don't trust you, but do you have a source for that little nugget?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

JT Jag posted:

Someone should LP this.

I've been doing some recording lately, so I may try. Just not sure how to screen record from my tablet. A quick look around tells me that android screen recorders don't seem to do system sounds, and I'm not sure what the quality would be on capturing a screencast.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

ReidRansom posted:

I've been doing some recording lately, so I may try. Just not sure how to screen record from my tablet. A quick look around tells me that android screen recorders don't seem to do system sounds, and I'm not sure what the quality would be on capturing a screencast.

Maybe you could download the Android SDK and run an emulated version of it?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Jagchosis posted:

Maybe you could download the Android SDK and run an emulated version of it?

Is that a thing? I'll look into it this weekend.

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
I'm willing to give the Navy a pass; they do more than just blow up brown people (anti-piracy, sea search and rescue, etc). The other branches of the US military though have no redeeming features.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

ReidRansom posted:

Is that a thing? I'll look into it this weekend.

https://developer.android.com/tools/devices/index.html

Not sure how you would get the app onto the emulator though, probably copying a .apk file over.

Sorus posted:

I'm willing to give the Navy a pass; they do more than just blow up brown people (anti-piracy, sea search and rescue, etc). The other branches of the US military though have no redeeming features.
http://www.army-technology.com/features/feature125223/

:jerkbag:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Sorus posted:

Um, the Air Force participates in anti-piracy, search and rescue as well. :colbert:

Seriously, they all blow up brown people though.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Grapplejack posted:

Barry Sotero.

I thought one of the reasons the whole birther meme became so strong was that, as well as being black, Obama has a "foreign" name, so why would his real super secret Kenyan Candidate identity in the birther stories have a more familiar name? Barry Soetoro sounds like he could be one of the guys working at the Circle K down the road.

Airconswitch
Aug 23, 2010

Boston is truly where it all began. Join me in continuing this bold endeavor, so that future generations can say 'this is where the promise was fulfilled.'
Come on, you've never heard of the Double-Kenyan? Oldest trick in the book.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The army navy and air force all have one thing in common: they're not as bad as the Marines

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The army navy and air force all have one thing in common: they're not as bad as the Marines

Rape. Rape everything.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

CommieGIR posted:

Rape. Rape everything.

Just the tip of the spear.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Airconswitch posted:

Come on, you've never heard of the Double-Kenyan?

Is that anything like a dirty Sanchez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The Coast Guard are the best because keeping us safe is what they actually do and not just what they say they do.:patriot:

• Locked thread