Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

believe it or not, ford probe enthusiasts exist

They don't buy them either. They just talk about it like they're going to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

kastein posted:

Seriously though I think my other favorite is the way to separate manual transmissions from engines... it is always a pain in the rear end since the dowel pins and input shaft get stuck at funny angles. So leave the clutch actuation system (cable, lever, slave cylinder, whatever) attached, loosen all the bellhousing bolts like a quarter inch, then stomp on the clutch. Remove bolts and pull transmission off easily. If you're in the junkyard, just take the bolts out before you hit the clutch, you don't care if the piston gets launched out of the slave cylinder.

Somebody at work discovered you can eject the cluster from one of our gearboxes by simply undoing the end nuts and changing gear. Apparently it's a bit like a Garand ejecting the magazine.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

PCOS Bill posted:

Who'd buy it?

this is a very good question

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

jammyozzy posted:

Somebody at work discovered you can eject the cluster from one of our gearboxes by simply undoing the end nuts and changing gear. Apparently it's a bit like a Garand ejecting the magazine.
M1 Garand indeed.

*Awaits TFR refugees storming in about the "magazine" bit*

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

InitialDave posted:

M1 Garand indeed.

*Awaits TFR refugees storming in about the "magazine" bit*

At least he didn't call a magazine a clip. :v:

Though you are right that the M1 Garand uses clips (specifically enbloc clips), not magazines. :spergin:

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

insta posted:

Why do you make your Miata drink peanut butter

Because I regularly AutoX it and otherwise beat the ever loving poo poo out of it on the daily. I also live in Florida, where temps approach 90F at 9AM. 10w-40 was not cutting it and getting destroyed within 3000 miles, which I find unacceptable for a full synthetic. I'm getting more like 4k-6k out of the 15w-50 depending on the season.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

Edward IV posted:

At least he didn't call a magazine a clip. :v:

Though you are right that the M1 Garand uses clips (specifically enbloc clips), not magazines. :spergin:

Hah and I was so careful to specify "magazine" and not "clip" too, nevermind.

Actual terrible car stuff, my car is herniating combustion charge from one of the injector bores. :gonk:

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

jammyozzy posted:

Actual terrible car stuff, my car is herniating combustion charge from one of the injector bores. :gonk:

Much like how the AR-15 redirects combustion gasses all over the bolt carrier group.
:goonsay:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

jammyozzy posted:

Clean the carbon off the injector crush washer seat very carefully, use a new crush washer, and torque the bolts properly this time? :ghost:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

kastein posted:

Clean the carbon off the injector crush washer seat very carefully, use a new crush washer, and torque the bolts properly this time? :ghost:

Then discover the injector clamp bolts have a metallurgical problem so they stretch and don't clamp down properly. Then the injector bounces up and down and destroys the seat.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

kastein posted:

I fear it's a bit late for that, I'll snap some photos later today.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

jammyozzy posted:

I fear it's a bit late for that, I'll snap some photos later today.

Dis gon be goood :q:

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Phone posting, I hope this works:
http://imgur.com/ShKCnKp
http://imgur.com/9XIQaNQ

:can:

(The puddles are where I pinched an o-ring on the leak off hoses and can't be bothered to mop it up.)

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
BTW, you probably already know this but be very careful around those high pressure injector lines, even the smallest leak while running can easily give you a bad enough fluid injection injury to require amputation if you don't realize in time.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

jammyozzy posted:

Phone posting, I hope this works:
http://imgur.com/ShKCnKp
http://imgur.com/9XIQaNQ

:can:

(The puddles are where I pinched an o-ring on the leak off hoses and can't be bothered to mop it up.)

Eh, it'll eventually burn off

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

There are dozens of us! Dozens!!!

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

kastein posted:

BTW, you probably already know this but be very careful around those high pressure injector lines, even the smallest leak while running can easily give you a bad enough fluid injection injury to require amputation if you don't realize in time.

Oh yeah I know, don't worry I am healthily afraid terrified of the fuel system in this thing. All of those high pressure lines do get torqued to spec, replaced if disturbed etc. Thanks for the warning though. :)

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

The Midniter posted:

There are dozens of us! Dozens!!!

Buy my stock MSP turbo manifold/downpipe. SAME ENGINE BRAH (if it's a 93 or newer)

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
These black outlined tail lights are FAR superior. FAR. SUPERIOR.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

I think "Victims" is the better word here.

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!

Beach Bum posted:

I think "Victims" is the better word here.

When http://www.taurusclub.com/ exists, the probe enthusiasts must see themselves as rather sporting.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

InitialDave posted:

Alas, poor Yorick apex seals...

True story, with all the rotors I've owned, I've never had an apex seal fail. I've seen others fail, but they were all backyard rebuilds. Even then, I've seen/heard/read of more windowed piston blocks than I have apex seal failures. (Not to say of course that happens more often as there are more pistons around, but I mean in the same crowd of people, use, build quality, abuse etc)
But I've only had 1 boosted rotary, and even in that one, the turbo went first (twice)

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Apr 26, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This is pretty fuckin special

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

Rhyno posted:

They took a dragon shirt circa 2005 and turned it into a car

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

Matte is bad.
Old Caravans are bad.
This is terrible.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
Actually it's kinda awesome in a Mad Max sorta way (hey, he will have kids someday).

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

What was this to begin with?

The wheels don't even look connected to anything. Just propped against the arches.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Vanagoon posted:

When http://www.taurusclub.com/ exists, the probe enthusiasts must see themselves as rather sporting.

Just want to remind everyone that not only is there a J body club, one of them did this:

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Falken posted:

The wheels don't even look connected to anything. Just propped against the arches.

At first glance I thought you posted a wreck. At second glance, the car is certainly 'wrecked.'

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Falken posted:

this is cool

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
bosozoku goes in the other thread, friend

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Rhyno posted:

Almost feels like a purposely chosen name, remove the p and it becomes yamero (やめろ); "please stop" / "stop it".

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

MrLonghair posted:

Almost feels like a purposely chosen name, remove the p and it becomes yamero (やめろ); "please stop" / "stop it".

Yes but what does the katakana say?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

if you google the name its a deviantart guy who makes fursuits

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

track day bro! posted:

This is tremendously unsurprising.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
That's a double yamero-whammy.

Wasabi the J posted:

Yes but what does the katakana say?

It says "this designer kitbashed these characters to set up something looking like stylized latin characters". A lot of words in so few moonrunes

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

track day bro! posted:

Of course it is.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Falken posted:

I'm pretty positive it's a Suzuki Wagon R. That photo pops up if you search 'Suzuki Wagon R bosozoku'

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators
Maybe I'm not hip with the tuning scene...but can someone explain to me what super narrow wheels/tires are for? I saw a "sported" up G37 on the highway today...The wheels on the thing were sunken a good 2-2.5 inches in from the car. I've seen wheels/tires that go beyond the car, that sort of makes sense to me (wider tires = more traction), but this thing seriously looked like it was riding on spares (it wasn't, they were chrome...unless chrome spares are a thing?).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
Perhaps it's to better drift?