Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."
Probably gonna stop playing this until we get more content. I don't play a whole lot anyways and just the ideas of losing all perk progress is kind of turning me off. I never liked levels in shooters anyways. In the original KF I gave myself level 3 in every perk to get a decent base to start from just to be functionnal in a team with whatever perk I chose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
So Goon Floor 2 and Goon Squad aren't showing up on the in-game server list but they do show in the Steam server list. They're both joinable, so not sure why the in-game server browser isn't picking them up.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Tamayachi posted:

Survival and Hardcore Survival where all the traders have been removed and you must scavenge for everything during a single, nonstop wave. Which is also a time trial.

Also you start with nothing but a pistol with no rounds and must murder other players for their beans in order to get more guns.

Athropos posted:

Probably gonna stop playing this until we get more content. I don't play a whole lot anyways and just the ideas of losing all perk progress is kind of turning me off.

Yeah, I have to say, same thing here. What's there is great and I'm satisfied the finished game will be awesome, but the limited content, slow level grind and upcoming stat resets means I don't really feel like playing a ton. :(

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Funkstar Deluxe posted:

I actually think it might be HDD related. The current HDD I use for my games is like 5 years old now.

Might be time for a new one.

Yeah I was kinda getting that, I put the game on my SSD and after that it's been butter smooth

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Athropos posted:

Probably gonna stop playing this until we get more content. I don't play a whole lot anyways and just the ideas of losing all perk progress is kind of turning me off. I never liked levels in shooters anyways. In the original KF I gave myself level 3 in every perk to get a decent base to start from just to be functionnal in a team with whatever perk I chose.

I'm doing the same thing. I'll pop it and play once in a while, but I'm not going to get super-invested in it like I did with KF1 until it's close to having all of the perks and more maps. I think it would be dumb getting really into it when it's got only three maps at a handful of perks ATM.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Mindblast posted:

After a couple rounds I sometimes get this odd bug where disco flashes start throwing about. It's not the card overheating/failing because it happens in a way that suggests it is the engine that has the issue. The lights that pop in for a sec can have any color of the rainbow and will properly reflect off whatever they are shining on. This is on a r9 270 with an 2500K.

I'm having this same issue. Same CPU I think, but a 7870 HD. I only noticed it yesterday night, but my card isn't even going above 60 Celsius at the most long and intensive times. I'm glad it isn't my card dying. I found that the only way to make it go away for any length of time was to restart my PC altogether.

Require More Fire posted:

So Goon Floor 2 and Goon Squad aren't showing up on the in-game server list but they do show in the Steam server list. They're both joinable, so not sure why the in-game server browser isn't picking them up.

Did they update?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Funkstar Deluxe posted:

It's already silky smooth for me except when those stutters occur. I have a consistent fps of 60. Mind posting your settings?

Also my specs are

i5-2500k @ 4.2 GHz
GTX 970
8 GB RAM
AMD FX-6100 @ 3.3 GHz
GT 240 (pls donut laugh k)
16 GB RAM

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Rei_ posted:

However will I know if this game presents the authentic Killing Floor experience

*joins a server where the group has elected to weld themselves into a three-metre wide stairwell at the start of the 6th round*

ah there we go

Not quite, you still need to bump into the support that welds every single door in the stage, closes door behind him on the way merchant and welds it shut, medics that never heal anybody and supports agrroing scrakes and causing teammates to be killed, then you will have experienced the true KF experience.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Well, right now supports aggroing scrakes are pretty much the easiest way to kill them. AA12s to the face do it handily.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I'll probably forego any marathon sessions until perks I like better are in the game. Berserker is fun, but I'm just not good enough at it to do hard mode with minimal support. Normal scrakes are piss easy if you can parry at all, but hard scrakes just take me down too fast when no one heals me or tries to kill them until I'm dead. Maybe really good zerkers can do it, but I sure can't.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ravenfood posted:

Well, right now supports aggroing scrakes are pretty much the easiest way to kill them. AA12s to the face do it handily.

On normal sure.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Yeah, scrakes on normal I'm okay with but on hard and up it starts getting iffy. Ballerina spins loving up everything.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Broose posted:

Did they update?

AFAIK it is out of our hands for now. Just use the open IP commands for now until they get updated on the lists.

173.199.89.138:7777

VVVV I want to say that the absolute max you can get is 64 people, but it messes with the stats and requires crazy bandwidth

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 24, 2015

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」
Somehow this server managed to get 35 people?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Vanixx/screenshots

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Require More Fire posted:

So Goon Floor 2 and Goon Squad aren't showing up on the in-game server list

:shrug:

https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/104.156.246.12:7777/

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Funkstar Deluxe posted:

I can just imagine the sheer body count of players if they hosed up. :black101:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Funkstar Deluxe posted:

Would be appreciated if someone typed in the entire command to join the goon server(s). Thanks in advance.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

UltraVariant posted:

Would be appreciated if someone typed in the entire command to join the goon server(s). Thanks in advance.

open enter.ip.here:port

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Funkstar Deluxe posted:

I miss those crazy days with those kind of numbers in farm, defense, or shopping mall. The chaos was so good.

Where's the kf_grind map already?

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I notice the game is really aggressive about having a short draw distance, will that make wide open maps kinda not possible?

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Also you start with nothing but a pistol with no rounds and must murder other players for their beans in order to get more guns.

Yeah, I have to say, same thing here. What's there is great and I'm satisfied the finished game will be awesome, but the limited content, slow level grind and upcoming stat resets means I don't really feel like playing a ton. :(

The base gameplay is solid and it can only get better from there once more content is added in.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
I am so tired of enemies spawning near me, next to me, inside me, around me, on top of me, and below me. My god, I don't remember it ever being this bad in KF1.

The crawlers I can see but having a scrake just pop up around corners is driving me nuts.

Also I love the pulverizer which makes situations like that fun.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Had a fun game as shotgun guy. MCLOVIN IT

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Red Mundus posted:

I am so tired of enemies spawning near me, next to me, inside me, around me, on top of me, and below me. My god, I don't remember it ever being this bad in KF1.

The crawlers I can see but having a scrake just pop up around corners is driving me nuts.

Also I love the pulverizer which makes situations like that fun.

My biggest Eyeroll on that front so far was having a pair of Husks as the last enemies in my sight down the hall in snow land, I back out of the door, close it, turn around, and see a pair of fire blasts hitting me in the face as the husks come over a wall to enter the map. You have not been out of my sight for even two seconds, yeesh.

For some reason, it makes me more mad every time I see a zed get launched 20 feet into the air to clear four feet of stairs plus railing, while my feeble human legs can barely make it over a railing when I'm next to it. I have no idea why this odd quirk gets to me so much.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Apr 24, 2015

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

May not be overheating but that is DEFINITELY gpu artifacting. Latest drivers, etc.?

I know what artifacting looks like and this just isn't it. This isn't the entire image loving up. The in world lighting goes bonkers.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

open enter.ip.here:port

Yeah, but what are the IP addresses? They're not in the OP.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Finally beat it on hard. Circle strafing works with a decent medic.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I love being a Medic more than KF1 now that it has more of a balance between mild offense and good defense rather than garbage offense and ridiculously high defense, and secondly because the darts auto-home and the hitreg is fantastic. I can just run around with three medic weapons and keep everyone tip top and happy. It's great.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Medic having a better version of guns from every class except berserker definitely helps it be awesome.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.
Does anyone know if perk/achievement progress will be wiped when the game is Early access or transitioning to release?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Truecon420 posted:

Does anyone know if perk/achievement progress will be wiped will the game is EA/transitioning to release?
Word is that perks will probably reset, not cheevos though.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Truecon420 posted:

Does anyone know if perk/achievement progress will be wiped when the game is Early access or transitioning to release?

From the store page:

And a warning: it is almost certain that we will wipe all statistics, including Perk leveling and Achievements one or more times during Early Access!”

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

Liquid Penguins posted:

From the store page:

And a warning: it is almost certain that we will wipe all statistics, including Perk leveling and Achievements one or more times during Early Access!”

Thank you all.

I see that they plan to release it sometime this year, but does anyone have any estimates/thoughts on roughly when the completed game will be released?

Truecon420 fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Apr 24, 2015

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Truecon420 posted:

Thank you all.

I see that they plan to release it sometime this year, but does anyone have any estimates/thoughts on roughly when the completed game will be released?

No one knows. "Finished" could be six months or more.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Truecon420 posted:

Thank you all.

Also on the store page, it's not set in stone but their expected goal is by the end of 2015.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
No estimates have been given. Presumably it will be done when it is done, though unlike most EA games that would mean when it has reached internal development goals.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Serious Frolicking posted:

No estimates have been given. Presumably it will be done when it is done, though unlike most EA games that would mean when it has reached internal development goals.

While I do not fault people wanting to wait for more content, or for after the wipes, it is quite nice to see an EA game come out as fairly "complete" in a functioning sense for once. Instead of something like 'we'll be fixing clot spawns getting stuck underneath the floorboards and keeping the wave going forever' like most of us expect from "Early Access".

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
This game really has no shortage of satisfaction.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Section Z posted:

While I do not fault people wanting to wait for more content, or for after the wipes, it is quite nice to see an EA game come out as fairly "complete" in a functioning sense for once. Instead of something like 'we'll be fixing clot spawns getting stuck underneath the floorboards and keeping the wave going forever' like most of us expect from "Early Access".

I dunno how many maps they are aiming for at release, but it seems reasonable to assume they will come out of EA when all the classes have been released and had their balancing done. What's more, the overall balance will improve over time so each new class may well come more quickly than the last. Of course, some classes are gonna be harder to balance than others. Sharpshooter supremacy is the most obvious example, though I'd hope that one or more of the new classes can also function as elite killers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Once a support hits level 2+ there are few things more satisfying than firing the aa12 in slowmo in a bottleneck with 10+ zeds.