Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Remember the good old days when everyone was calling Hai trash and couldn't wait for him to step down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Hai was worse than Bjergsen from day 1 of Bjergsens North American Victory Tour, it was just closer then than it has been lately. When Bjergsen joined TSM, he was already good enough that the conversation was whether he or Froggen was the best in the west. Now, Froggen has been dragged down by the Wickd-shaped tumour on his neck and Bjergsen has added the best shotcalling in North America to his repertoire.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
the way people are talking about hai you'd think he loving died or something

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

SKT vs CJ time :unsmigghh:

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
SKT starting with Easyhoon, interestingly enough

CJ looking really good this game

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Apr 24, 2015

hypnorotic
May 4, 2009
"CJ is playing so conservatively they might get a Fox News sponsorship after this game" - DoA

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

SKT starting with Easyhoon, interestingly enough

It is a crime that Faker does not get to play every game...

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Space had a really good game; watching his Urgot ults completely shut down flanks was great, as well as his zoning/control.

e: Game 2 Faker!

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Apr 24, 2015

hypnorotic
May 4, 2009
Blind picking Xerath we've come full circle.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Why would CJ pick the exact same comp as SKT and then just change the support? Odd

Also that Xerath pic, wtf

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

hypnorotic posted:

Blind picking Xerath we've come full circle.

I agree with Monte wrt Xerath being worse than Ziggs/AP Kog now, SKT's refusal to move away from it is really worrying.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Killed By Death posted:

I agree with Monte wrt Xerath being worse than Ziggs/AP Kog now, SKT's refusal to move away from it is really worrying.

In the first SKT series of this split Faker got bodied on blind pick Xerath

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Is it to early to call that a desperation Soulstealer?

rabidsquid posted:

In the first SKT series of this split Faker got bodied on blind pick Xerath

I know, but he keeps picking it :sigh:

hypnorotic
May 4, 2009

Killed By Death posted:

Yes it is worrying, Monte really hyped this series and I'm hoping for a full 5 games but at this rate it may be a clean 3-0 :(

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
The gently caress did SKT do in champ select. I hope the Urgot for Hecarim/Gragas/Sivir/Nautilus trade works out for them.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
The Urgot first pick wasn't a bad idea tbh, since they new CJ would pick Hec. Picking Nunu and Gnar after that though...kinda meh, and the Xerath was just bad.

Its amazing to CJ playing so well lately after years of trouble though

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
Wow I think I saw one ult from tom. The rest of the time he was afk walking into death

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Tom is tilted like crazy, but if you bench him you're maybe bringing in Beongi and I don't know that that's an upgrade

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Lulu mid???

Uh, great...

Oh, Ryze mid from CJ. What the gently caress is going on?

hypnorotic
May 4, 2009
Mid Lulu :negative:

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Ryze mid has been played a few times in China, after his recent buffs he's been somewhat viable.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

SKT were looking really good before this series. They might be able to pull it back though

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

CODChimera posted:

SKT were looking really good before this series. They might be able to pull it back though

Not gonna get 3-0'd at least, that's for sure. That was a really scary gofast comp. And man, is that really Bengi? Did somebody replace him with his Season 3 version when I wasn't looking?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
If anything now that both teams have confidence and a feel for each other maybe we can see a really good game or two instead of stomps.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Yoooooo, the surprise picks from CJ! Shy's bringing out a pocket Gnar for the first time ever!

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
The save on Annie Kreygasm

Seriously there was some cool poo poo going on there.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

has there ever been a season where Gragas hasn't been meta in some form since he's come out. I think I've seen him be popular at one point ever since I've started playing. He's a cool champ though I guess.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

What an awesome flank by Bang.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

CODChimera posted:

What an awesome flank by Bang.

All Guns Blazing shoulda started playing there.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Flipswitch posted:

has there ever been a season where Gragas hasn't been meta in some form since he's come out. I think I've seen him be popular at one point ever since I've started playing. He's a cool champ though I guess.

i like him in his current state but i'm glad that the 100-0 gragas mid is dead as gently caress because it was one of the stupidest things ever to be in the game

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Really don't like Lich Bane over Zhonya's here for Coco

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Maokai running into the middle of the enemy team to clear a wave and save the game is cool I guess?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Killed By Death posted:

Really don't like Lich Bane over Zhonya's here for Coco

He has peel up the rear end. Lich Bane melted those turrets earlier.

hypnorotic
May 4, 2009
Why wouldn't SKT just push towers after getting 3 kills?

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

e: wrong thread

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness
MaRin is a superhero

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Blind pick game 5 is really the best way to end a series

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
This is why Faker stayed in Korea: Blind pick means no LB bans :getin:

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
JuggerMessi. Do not attempt at home, kids

also neither Monte or Doa brought it up but im like 90% sure that CJ could have just ignored the proxying from Marin and tanked everything up with 30 second death timers on everyone else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reach42
May 20, 2008

Satan is my lord
Bribe officials and kill goats
Hail Satan, Go Hawks
Holy Moly Bang's performance there.

• Locked thread