Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Berserker Soul is kind of fun in Superheavyweight Samurai, You have very to no chance of drawing a spell (except that time on stream) and her, 3500 damage + the damage you delt on the direct attack is probably good for Game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

quote:

CORE-JP086 Geargia Change
Quick-Play Spell Card
You can only activate 1 “Geargia Change” per turn.
(1) Target 2 or more “Geargiano” monsters with different names in your Graveyard; Special Summon them. Immediately after this card resolves, Xyz Summon 1 Xyz Monster using those monsters only.

As a dude who just got back into physical card games with the Geargia structure deck, seeing this was absolutely hilarious.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

BlitzBlast posted:

As a dude who just got back into physical card games with the Geargia structure deck, seeing this was absolutely hilarious.

That is literally the Heraldics Xyz card, but better because quickplay.

EDIT: I don't know why the Ruri edits still make me laugh

But they do

Onmi fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Apr 24, 2015

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Onmi posted:

That is literally the Heraldics Xyz card, but better because quickplay.

It's better because Shadow Mist can search it!

Geargia HERO is going to be a fun deck.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dexie posted:

jesus you're right.

How was the bearforcing? Couldnt join in but I wanna know.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Apr 24, 2015

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Wow is this series not letting up on it's main cast. Yuzu's loss in the LDS Invasion arc was rough. I was half way convinced that she was going to be shown only imagining that action card on the ground.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Dexie posted:

Can we have the thread title changed to Yu-Gi-Oh Thread: I ACTIVATE THE D?.

EDIT: This was way funnier before Onmi started screaming

EDIT^2: This is a one-in-a-million field and I'll never pull it off again:

Fixed that for you.

Also, I wish there was a deck which was better than the aromages that revolved around LP gains. Saturn-nuking is the #1 OTK.

Slur fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Apr 24, 2015

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

ConanThe3rd posted:

Wow is this series not letting up on it's main cast. Yuzu's loss in the LDS Invasion arc was rough. I was half way convinced that she was going to be shown only imagining that action card on the ground.

ahahahahaha oh man you have no idea.

Dexie posted:

Wait, no it can't, Shadow Mist can only search out "Change" car

:stare:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Shadow-Blaze-Geargia-Fusion-Heroes is so here. :dance:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

gently caress this card.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Oh man :allears:

Red-Eyes Spirits
Trap Normal
(1) Target 1 “Red-Eyes” monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it.

Toon Mask
Trap Normal
(1) If you control “Toon World”: Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; Special Summon from your hand or Deck 1 Toon Monster whose Level is equal to or less than that opponent’s monster’s Rank/Level, ignoring the Summoning conditions.

Now I don't know if build a Red Eyes deck or a toon one.

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Oh man :allears:

Red-Eyes Spirits
Trap Normal
(1) Target 1 “Red-Eyes” monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it.

Toon Mask
Trap Normal
(1) If you control “Toon World”: Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; Special Summon from your hand or Deck 1 Toon Monster whose Level is equal to or less than that opponent’s monster’s Rank/Level, ignoring the Summoning conditions.

Now I don't know if build a Red Eyes deck or a toon one.

:allears: God I am so happy about all the support toons are getting, they are the best archetype.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I went back to rewatch the Gong vs Yaiba duel, and it still holds up amazingly. It always shocks me how I totally intended to not like the guy because of his nose, and he's the best character. I really hope he winds up with Pendulum Samurai's, because playing with SHS is super fun.

For anyone curious my current Samurai Soul build

Onmi fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Apr 25, 2015

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Toon hype is real as hell.

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
So there was suggestion about finishing the tag tournament around 19 hours from now? (6-7 PM EST on Sunday) That still on?

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Is there any reason that you don't really see Double Summon much at all? It feels like it'd work well in a monarchs deck.
Also, is Obelisk worth running, potentially?

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

I don't use Double Summon because I feel like I never get it when I have enough monsters or I get it when I don't need it, ie dead draws. Obelisk with Monarch's sounds neat, might need to look at your Vassals to make it work though.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

everythingWasBees posted:

Is there any reason that you don't really see Double Summon much at all?

No really, that's it.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Myriad Truths posted:

So there was suggestion about finishing the tag tournament around 19 hours from now? (6-7 PM EST on Sunday) That still on?

No, we wont be able to finish the tag tournament this week. Sunday is my monday, so I wont be around to record it. Unless Senerio wants to record and stream it.

Speaking of which

Let's talk about tag duel deck building

For this lesson, we're going to examine the original Team Xyz! This team was running a HAT deck and a Raid Raptor deck. Now on its own, HAT (Which stands for Hands, Artifacts, Traptrix.) was a rather powerful deck that got second place at 2014 Worlds, However its strength was.... neutred somewhat by being paired with Raid Raptors.

This is due to the shared field/deck split that comes with tag duels. Let's use Fire Hand as an example

Fire Hand is a wonderful card, not only on destruction does it summon Ice Hand (which can in turn summon Fire Hand) creating a nice stable chain, but it also takes one card with it on the way to the grave. combined with HATs stable of powerful traps and stun capabilities, It's a wonderful card.... in a singles duel. In a tag duel, there's at least 2 phases in which Fire Hand cannot search out Ice Hand. Because your ALLIES deck is considered "On Field" and if they do not happen to have Ice/Fire hand in their deck, then you're only getting a fraction of the cards power. One only has to look at Team Tribute to see their synergy. Both players were running Monarch Stun. So their cards worked in tandem to power one another up and each turn was essentially a turn of the same deck going with a new hand. Even if Castel blew a card into the deck, or Lightning Chidori bounced a card to the top, it wouldn't bug them because they're designed to play with those cards.

Raid Raptors are also an exclusive deck they work well with Raid Raptors and other winged beasts, it's like Blackwings in that regard. The other downside is if you must use separate decks in a tag duel, then each player should at least support the other one, by providing power or the like. Quarks Raid Raptors almost exclusively went INTO Raid Raptor Xyzs, which are low power. This is partially due to two Raidraptors having the resatriction of Only Raidraptor Special summons, however against a foe like Majesty's Fiend, who denies effect activations, the entire Raidraptor power base is crippled.

Two decks that can be powerful on their own wound up crippled gimps not just from their opponents stun, but because of their lack of synergy.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Is there any reason that you don't really see Double Summon much at all?

Imagine you're down to nothing and you draw Double Summon. Useless. That's not a reason not to run a card by itself, but Double Summon isn't powerful enough to justify it.

Imagine you survive the turn anyway and you draw a monster. Double Summon's still useless because you only have one monster in hand. That kills it.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I ran double summon for a while when playing Madolches. Problem was it was super dead a lot of the time. You either draw it in your opening hand as a part of a good set up. If you don't manage that, its useless.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Is there any reason that you don't really see Double Summon much at all? It feels like it'd work well in a monarchs deck.
Also, is Obelisk worth running, potentially?

Double Summon is a bad card, and it ends up dead in your hand more often than not. Obelisk is also not worth running.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah double summon is too much of a dead draw for it to be useful.
Also if you are running a deck that can rush 3 monsters onto the field you probably also qualify for something that can be more useful than Obelisk.
Or even just the effects and attacks of those three are better than Obelisk.

If you are running a earthbound immortal deck an Obelisk might be good, 4k/4k is nothing to be joked about, especially supported by Mound of the bound creator.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Yeah double summon is too much of a dead draw for it to be useful.
Also if you are running a deck that can rush 3 monsters onto the field you probably also qualify for something that can be more useful than Obelisk.
Or even just the effects and attacks of those three are better than Obelisk.

If you are running a earthbound immortal deck an Obelisk might be good, 4k/4k is nothing to be joked about, especially supported by Mound of the bound creator.

If you're running Mound of the Bound Creator, it'd be better to run Malefics anyways.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Double Summon is okay with... Gadgets? Do people still play those?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Hjalmar posted:

Double Summon is okay with... Gadgets? Do people still play those?

Even then, you're going to want to use Tin Goldfish in conjunction with Gadgets instead.

In other news, I really wish there was a deck as interesting as Artifact-Shadolls or HAT again.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Slur posted:

In other news, I really wish there was a deck as interesting as Artifact-Shadolls or HAT again.

You have a weird definition of interesting.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Slur posted:

I wish Konami had remembered that Artifacts exist instead of creating them and then completely cutting off their support. :argh:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

You have a weird definition of interesting.

I like my Artifacts.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Dexie posted:

I wish Konami had remembered that Artifacts exist instead of creating them and then completely cutting off their support. :argh:

you know, i just realized how ironic it is that you forgot about gem-knights while having gem-knight pearl as your avatar

mistressminako
Aug 4, 2007

Beware the man in the wheelchair lurking off-screen.

I am extremely disappointed to see Neo Domino re-branded as "City" as opposed to calling it Neo New Domino City.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

alcharagia posted:

you know, i just realized how ironic it is that you forgot about gem-knights while having gem-knight pearl as your avatar

Well Gem-Knights got some support recently, I'm hoping this trend continues because I love Gem-Knights and X-Sabers.

gently caress Constellars though, the most brainless deck to play of the three.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

alcharagia posted:

I was having an off day and I feel bad about it because Gem-Knights are one of my absolute favorite decks.

Just look at these awesome guys how can you not like them?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

http://www.hitbox.tv/SlurYgo

I'm playing two new decks today.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Finally got around to getting my deck into DevPro to have (I think it's Slur doing it) it be played here. This is my old Normal Pendulum deck with a few changes.

My other favorite deck is one I found on Reddit. The 60 Card Anti-Meta Deck:

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Gem Knight Pearl is better than Utopia pass it on.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Behold, the most annoying Egyptian god!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mco0Ih9VIz8

God I wan't to try this card out so bad, so much potential for wacky decks. :allears:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Xoidanor posted:

Behold, the most annoying Egyptian god!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mco0Ih9VIz8

God I wan't to try this card out so bad, so much potential for wacky decks. :allears:

Ghostricks.

With a card which tributes your opponent's monsters.

I must have this decklist. It's too annoying to be true.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ThermoPhysical posted:

I would murder someone playing this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Red Suit posted:

I would murder someone playing this.

:v: I have yet to actually be beaten using it. Most people just disconnect immediately when they realize they can't do anything.

It's hilarious fun.

ThermoPhysical fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Apr 27, 2015