Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
what's great is that earth view indicates there is lots of additional detail not being captured in that region but they had the time and inclination to put that in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

prefect posted:

ugly americans

(i couldn't remember the name of it, so i googled "cartoon hell wizard" and it was the first result. this pleases me)

thank

i always picture that wizard guy as a wizard security expert because of the cyber -> wizard thing

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Kenny Logins posted:

what's great is that earth view indicates there is lots of additional detail not being captured in that region but they had the time and inclination to put that in

lots? really? it's cutting off like one lovely dirt road

not that it was a good idea to do but they're not sacrificing any details

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

at least nobody lives in the path of the stream :shobon:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

idgi

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

someone at google put in some vector art of the android mascot pissing on the apple logo into google maps

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

DNova posted:

someone at google put in some vector art of the android mascot pissing on the apple logo into google maps

sopissmi.svg

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

DNova posted:

this is haraam

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

DNova posted:

lots? really? it's cutting off like one lovely dirt road

not that it was a good idea to do but they're not sacrificing any details
i meant the region surrounding not the exact corresponding space but it's not like it's the same team or cost or w/e just a dumb comment from your ol' yospos buddy kenny logins

wasting precious earth minutes on a friday in hopes that other minutes classified as "weekend" will be enough to submerge an oppressive sense of futile mortality

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Kenny Logins posted:

fffriday morning motherfuckers

m'fraulien

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

friday afternoon muthafuckazzz

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

pissssssssssssss

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Silver Alicorn posted:

I see you haven't installed bobbilljim's userscript

the Soundcloud embeds are my favourite they r too fuckin cool also they make api calls to Soundcloud lmao

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Silver Alicorn posted:

I see you haven't installed bobbilljim's userscript
this has been the best post this morning. googled it, find a github repo, then when I viewed the code as raw in github tampermonkey automatically was like "hey this looks like a script that I can run, do you want me to install it?"

hell yea. can't wait til I come accross a webm/gifv again.

https://github.com/bobbilljim/yuspos/blob/master/yuspos.user.js

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

hm m yes

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I would like to build a snowman with them.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

beep boop friday

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

LoonShia posted:

I would like to build a snowman with them.

Elsa, Snow Queen of the SS

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

quote:

MONTREAL -- A woman who posted an image online of a senior Montreal police officer with a bullet in his head was convicted Thursday of criminal harassment.
Jennifer Pawluck was charged in 2013 after snapping a photo of graffiti, which she didn't draw, and uploading it to Instagram, a photo-sharing social media site.
Quebec court Judge Marie-Josee Di Lallo said she had no doubt the criteria necessary to find Pawluck guilty of harassment had been met.
The judge also made it clear that online behaviour can have repercussions.
"We must be conscious that a simple click from a smartphone or computer, that takes just a fraction of a second, can have serious consequences," Di Lallo said. "At a time when social media is taking more and more place in our lives, we must be even more vigilant."
Cmdr. Ian Lafreniere, one of the city's most visible police officers and the man whose face was on the graffiti, told Pawluck's trial the image shook him up, scared his children and caused his wife to stop working for several months.

I'm not going to post the pic because holy poo poo

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

"We must be conscious that a simple click from a smartphone or computer, that takes just a fraction of a second, can have serious consequences,"

yeah how about he tell that to the cops with their trigger finger

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

I heard about this and wondered if it were somehow related to bill C-51 and social media poo poo, turns out nope, that was 2013 and good enough. Hot drat.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

wowzers

i suspect that picture of the graffiti is going all "Streisand Effect" now, too

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

univbee posted:

wowzers

i suspect that picture of the graffiti is going all "Streisand Effect" now, too

They showed it on TV without a problem to go with the case. It's a graffiti of a guy with a hole in his head. For gently caress's sake you can even see it as the preview image for the video of the report: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/montreal-woman-convicted-of-posting-anti-police-graffiti-on-instagram-1.2341840

I guess it helped the prosecution's case that she tagged the policeman and kept saying all cops should be shot

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

idgi, what am i supposed to see?

edit: oh its gone then

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

MononcQc posted:

kept saying all cops should be shot

well you're supposed to tell the truth in court, aren't you?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

MononcQc posted:

I guess it helped the prosecution's case that she tagged the policeman and kept saying all cops should be shot

ol qwerty bastard posted:

well you're supposed to tell the truth in court, aren't you?

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Gus Hobbleton posted:

idgi, what am i supposed to see?

edit: oh its gone then

for those of us that were there to experience it it was

an image of android pissing on an apple

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

MononcQc posted:

Uh...isn't this the actual crime and not the picture that goes with it?

"I got a life sentence for a traffic violation, loving bullshit!" - Someone who did a drive-by shooting

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

univbee posted:

Uh...isn't this the actual crime and not the picture that goes with it?

"I got a life sentence for a traffic violation, loving bullshit!" - Someone who did a drive-by shooting
headline: "Montreal woman convicted of posting anti-police graffiti on Instagram"

~canadian journalism~ :canada:

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

yeah i saw the gif it was really dumb

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

pictures here: http://boingboing.net/2015/04/24/google-maps-easter-eggs-mock-g.html

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

MononcQc posted:

They showed it on TV without a problem to go with the case. It's a graffiti of a guy with a hole in his head. For gently caress's sake you can even see it as the preview image for the video of the report: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/montreal-woman-convicted-of-posting-anti-police-graffiti-on-instagram-1.2341840

Driving While Cop

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

i'm the toilet beer

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

goddamn it that "intimidating titter" thing triggers me so bad

it's me, i'm the tenuous grasp on literacy derived solely from anime subs

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Kenny Logins posted:

goddamn it that "intimidating titter" thing triggers me so bad

it's me, i'm the tenuous grasp on literacy derived solely from anime subs

god i thought i was bad as a kid when i threw around a lot of outdated slang thanks to growing up reading old scrooge mcduck comic books

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

god i thought i was bad as a kid when i threw around a lot of outdated slang thanks to growing up reading old scrooge mcduck comic books
same except archie, which i'm not sure if it's equivalent, better or worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

not computer related but still p. neat

http://i.imgur.com/zAjAbFh.gif

e: turns out to be a 60 mb gif, lol

Kenny Logins fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Apr 24, 2015

• Locked thread