Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Smoremaster posted:

I don't know if puzzles and dragons can really qualify as puzzles, it's just standard match 3 with Pokemon elements unless it's different from the tablet version.
It absolutely is a puzzle game. I feel like calling PAD a "match 3" is quite a big misrepresentation. When you pick up a gem, you have a limited amount of time to freely drag it around the grid, which moves other gems on the board around at the same time, effectively allowing you to rearrange most of the board each time you take a move. Add in an RPG party system and special moves both for your team and the enemy, and there's quite a lot to consider beyond 'make line of 3 red gems'. I recommend playing the phone game/giving the Mario demo a shot and watching some tutorials before dismissing it out of hand.

It's incredibly fun once you get used to it, and (to me, at least) is a far more engaging puzzler than Bejeweled, Candy Crush and the ilk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I am really really craving a fun puzzle game so I'm kinda looking forward to Puzzles and Dragons- especially due to my friend riding my rear end about it for a full year or so about how good it is.

Trying to look up some actual gameplay on youtube is the worst however as every video seems to be some guy making a single match and calling it quits without trying anything else, did they ever show more of the game off because I'd actually like to see what it looks like when it's played by someone who knows how to work video games.

please buy boxboy

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

jivjov posted:

Didn't know a raspberry pi could be bought for $12.99

Based on amazon prices you can't buy a Shulk for that much either.

Afro posted:

please buy boxboy

Also this. Thst game is very fun and the music is great.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Marvelous Europe is shared this short video of a Deep Crimson's beta build

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8-GvVd_x_o

Looks pretty drat cool :allears:

Although I'm curious as how exactly the localization is being divided. Far as I know, XSEED's doing all the heavy lifting with the translation, Marvelous Japan is implementing the translation into the game and Marvelous Europe's just publishing. And yet, is the european branch the one sharing updates.

They also shared this handy flowchart of the game's menus

Seeing two screens labeled as "ArThing" cracks me up :v:

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I have had to start using Homepass, because with my cracked screen I can't take my 3DS anywhere without it getting worse.

And I can't afford to send it it yet, so I need to use Homepass until then.

Beats having to go to McDonald's for Streetpasses anyway.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

The argument of games as an art form has never been truly explored... not until now, not until the 3DS got a Terra Formars game.

This is Art as a videogame.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Wow, I haven't played any Senran games. Does it really stop like that mid-fight multiple times to show the panties of the girl? I don't care for the sex stuff, and it looks super annoying to constantly be paused to highlight that stuff.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Fremry posted:

Wow, I haven't played any Senran games. Does it really stop like that mid-fight multiple times to show the panties of the girl? I don't care for the sex stuff, and it looks super annoying to constantly be paused to highlight that stuff.

Used to, on Deep Crimson you can turn off the feature on the options screen (under the "performance" tab) at any point.

I turned it off at the beginning of the game on my imported copy and seeing the cutscene on the video was very jarring.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Used to, on Deep Crimson you can turn off the feature on the options screen (under the "performance" tab) at any point.

I turned it off at the beginning of the game on my imported copy and seeing the cutscene on the video was very jarring.

I don't think you're fooling anyone

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Fremry posted:

If you got to the point in that video where it shows gameplay, I think you could have already gathered that it wasn't the game for you.

I'm not ashamed (I am ashamed) to say that I bought SK Burst back when it was on sale, but I still haven't actually played it yet. Along with the Year-End Eshop sale, I have so many unplayed games on my home screen now.

EDIT: Also gently caress yes terraformars game

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

She's the best :allears:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Sorry my living in a farm town with maybe 5 or 6 3DS owners total within a half hour drive pissed someone off.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Speaking of stupid anime poo poo, I found this GAF post funny:

quote:

After seeing the latest lewd anime game release to be banned on gaf, I feel like these games have moved on without me.

I remember being excited when Senran Kagura was announced by XSeed and downloading it as soon as it hit the eshop. The breasts in 3D felt like real innovation but the novelty wore off pretty fast. I still bought Shinovi Versus even though I didn’t enjoy the original that much. It certainly pushed the envelope more but after a few smutty screen grabs to share I lost interest in it completely. I look at pics and videos of upcoming games in this series and just shrug now.

3D breast, true innovation.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Has anyone done 3D butts yet?

Don't steal my idea

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Louisgod posted:

Please stop talking about me

oh my god you're even worse when you're rolling with the punches

nobody likes you go away

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

DoctorWhat posted:

nobody likes you go away

Haha, what. Stuff your Dr Who action figures up your butt and get out.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
oh poo poo

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Saoshyant posted:

Haha, what. Stuff your Dr Who action figures up your butt and get out.

i'd insult you back but you've literally never made an impression on me, or on anyone, so I have no loving clue what to make fun of you for. Louisgod is easy.

anyway Monster Hunter is fun.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Dang, kid. What a burn.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

EDIT: not carrying on derail

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Sorry my living in a farm town with maybe 5 or 6 3DS owners total within a half hour drive pissed someone off.

You didn't piss anyone off

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

Dang, kid. What a burn.

I've noticed your avatar more than his, don't worry, you've left an impression on me. :)

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Do me next

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

You are my friend

edit: I'm sorry I'm not good at this

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

You've made some good Let's Plays and other threads, and I think your posts are funny. You also have good taste in anime. :)

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I like you, Terper. Let's make this the cutest thread.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
This is a good thread.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Help Im Alive posted:

What's happening

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Terper posted:

You also have good taste in anime. :)

Most backhanded complement ever.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

drat it you guys suck at this

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Goons practicing dry-screwing.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is there anything new about Bravely Second's english translation?

Immer
Aug 11, 2009

It's what they were born for.
They serve no other purpose in life.
Keep doing what you're doing.

Cake Attack posted:

You suck

(is that better)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cake Attack posted:

your av makes me sad there's no sign of Barakamon season two

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Is there anything new about Bravely Second's english translation?

Nope. Nintendo of Europe footed the bill last time, but since then NOE fired like half of their localization staff, so, uh. Maybe S-E will do it this time? The game is coming out in Japan now and considering how bad the market has been there lately I have no idea how well it will perform.

Sakurazuka posted:

your av makes me sad there's no sign of Barakamon season two

Barakamon was too beautiful for this world.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Saoshyant posted:

Nope. Nintendo of Europe footed the bill last time, but since then NOE fired like half of their localization staff, so, uh.

Wait, why? You'd think having at least half a dozen languages to translate into they'd need as many people they can get.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Saoshyant posted:

Nope. Nintendo of Europe footed the bill last time, but since then NOE fired like half of their localization staff, so, uh. Maybe S-E will do it this time? The game is coming out in Japan now and considering how bad the market has been there lately I have no idea how well it will perform.

I don't feel like Japanese sales will have any effect on whether or not this title comes out in America and Europe. America has always been Square-Enix's biggest fanbase, even when they were SquareSoft.

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
I forgot how fun it is to climb down the drill in the ether mines in Xenoblade. I even got a level up by falling to my death and unlocking an achievement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Wait, why? You'd think having at least half a dozen languages to translate into they'd need as many people they can get.

I dunno. Nintendo games other than Pokemon don't really have much to translate anyway and they have been big on cost saving measures for a while. Read more here or whatever. Any extra localization and QA needed that the remaining staff won't be able to tackle will be outsourced from now on, which makes the situation be rather different: before, they had redundant people around and could get them extra projects like Xenoblade and Last Story or more recently Bravely Default. Now they would have to hire outside help.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Apr 24, 2015