Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

queeb posted:

Untold for 15 bucks... I've been considering getting an EO game since I've only mucked around with the demos. Is untold a decent place to start?

Yep it's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

queeb posted:

Untold for 15 bucks... I've been considering getting an EO game since I've only mucked around with the demos. Is untold a decent place to start?

Etrian Odyssey games are all relatively independent without a big emphasis on plot or character. Any of them make a decent starting point.

Just make sure you don't play the mode with pre-made characters. Those guys are awful and annoying. Make your own party of silent adventurers and thank me when you don't have to watch badly acted anime story sequences.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sarchasm posted:

Just make sure you don't play the mode with pre-made characters. Those guys are awful and annoying. Make your own party of silent adventurers and thank me when you don't have to watch badly acted anime story sequences.

Actually you should play story mode because it's good and has more content

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Regy Rusty posted:

Actually you should play story mode because it's good and has more content

No content is worth listening to these people speak.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Canadian lady in Untold is an awesome character and I love any time she says anything in her thick Canadian accent

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Aren't the KORG games supposed to be really cool tools?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Takoluka posted:

Aren't the KORG games supposed to be really cool tools?

Yes.

They're music tools. For making music.

J Detan
Apr 24, 2008

Wir haben uns zu Meistern der Wissenschaft!

Grimey Drawer

queeb posted:

Untold's perfectly fine. You can play the story mode if you want a premade party with a bit more content, or classic mode if you want more control over your party or if you have a pathological hatred of the plot.

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
If I'm going to purchase one of the KORG titles which should I pick?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
Quick question as this is new to me:

I am about to spend my hoard of of Nintendo coins to buy 3 SNES VC games on the Wii U, and then the digital version of Wonderful 101. Will I get codes for all of these or is the redemption process something else? Apart from a goon giving me a code to an old NES game on the Wii U VC, this is a first. Apparently SNES games are not giftable, so I do not know if they use the code system or not. I would just like to know if I will be typing in sequences of alphanumeric characters or if I will have to do something directly from my telly.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

JustJeff88 posted:

Quick question as this is new to me:

I am about to spend my hoard of of Nintendo coins to buy 3 SNES VC games on the Wii U, and then the digital version of Wonderful 101. Will I get codes for all of these or is the redemption process something else? Apart from a goon giving me a code to an old NES game on the Wii U VC, this is a first. Apparently SNES games are not giftable, so I do not know if they use the code system or not. I would just like to know if I will be typing in sequences of alphanumeric characters or if I will have to do something directly from my telly.

You will be given a redemption code (and also it gets sent via your Club Nintendo e-mail), which you will have to type in from your telly. Or, you can sell/give the code to someone else to redeem.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Silver Falcon posted:

You will be given a redemption code (and also it gets sent via your Club Nintendo e-mail), which you will have to type in from your telly. Or, you can sell/give the code to someone else to redeem.

Hmm... okay. I tried to do a swap with a goon and he said that he could not gift SNES games, so he just sent me money via PayPal. So, I assumed that they did not use the code system. Odd.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

JustJeff88 posted:

Hmm... okay. I tried to do a swap with a goon and he said that he could not gift SNES games, so he just sent me money via PayPal. So, I assumed that they did not use the code system. Odd.

Well, SNES games are only on the Wii U. Perhaps he was trying to redeem it on a 3DS?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Silver Falcon posted:

Well, SNES games are only on the Wii U. Perhaps he was trying to redeem it on a 3DS?

No, he was supposed to give me the codes. No big deal, I was just curious.

Here is another issue - may not be thread-appropriate:

Last night I bought perhaps my favourite SNES game of all time in Wii U VC: The Legend of the Mystical Ninja. Much like with Mario games, I prefer the player 2 character, Dr. Yang, who is this goofy little guy in purple who throws shuriken and hits people with either a flute or a blow-tickler. I am sure that this is Working As Intended, but both my GamePad and my Pro Controller synched up as controller 1 and controlled the P1 character, which was inconvenient as I wanted to use my Pro Controller to play as the player 2 character. I had to get out my Wiimote, sync that as player 1 and the Pro as player 2, then use the Pro in the VC game. This still seems odd to me, because it seems like the system is saying that only one player is allowed despite the fact that I have 2 controllers. Is this a VC things only, or a system-wide issue? I find it hard to imagine that this is how it always is or should be, because then I would not be able to play local multiplayer with another person despite having both the Pad and a Pro controller.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

TEHJOE posted:

If I'm going to purchase one of the KORG titles which should I pick?

Depends. The DSN-12 is an analog synthesizer with all the fancy knobs and buttons to tweak. M01D is a workstation. They're both music tools where you have to learn the trade yourself, but if I had to pick, the M01D would probably be the easiest of the two for beginners.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

JustJeff88 posted:

No, he was supposed to give me the codes. No big deal, I was just curious.

Here is another issue - may not be thread-appropriate:

Last night I bought perhaps my favourite SNES game of all time in Wii U VC: The Legend of the Mystical Ninja. Much like with Mario games, I prefer the player 2 character, Dr. Yang, who is this goofy little guy in purple who throws shuriken and hits people with either a flute or a blow-tickler. I am sure that this is Working As Intended, but both my GamePad and my Pro Controller synched up as controller 1 and controlled the P1 character, which was inconvenient as I wanted to use my Pro Controller to play as the player 2 character. I had to get out my Wiimote, sync that as player 1 and the Pro as player 2, then use the Pro in the VC game. This still seems odd to me, because it seems like the system is saying that only one player is allowed despite the fact that I have 2 controllers. Is this a VC things only, or a system-wide issue? I find it hard to imagine that this is how it always is or should be, because then I would not be able to play local multiplayer with another person despite having both the Pad and a Pro controller.

You can assign the controllers to whichever player you want, you press home, and then it's somewhere in controller options.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

I was the goon in question that tried to swap VC codes with JustJeff88, and I could not figure out a way to purchase a giftable Super Metroid from the eShop. If there's a way to do it that I missed, please fill me in.

Bear in mind that we're not talking about redeeming coin rewards here, I was trying to pay money for a Super Metroid code from the eShop. I was looking at this page in particular, which doesn't have a purchase button like some other VC titles. When you hover over the eShop icon on the right you get a little popup that says "tough poo poo." (I may be paraphrasing a bit.)

Here's the page for F-Zero Maximum Velocity for comparison, which has a big orange "Buy Digital" version that gives you a code.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ok so what that means is that JustJeff got confused - there's no such thing as purchasable game codes. All the codes people are selling/giving away/trading are Club Nintendo codes, of which there are no limitations. Once you cash in your coins and get a code, anyone with the necessary system can redeem it.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Regy Rusty posted:

Ok so what that means is that JustJeff got confused - there's no such thing as purchasable game codes. All the codes people are selling/giving away/trading are Club Nintendo codes, of which there are no limitations. Once you cash in your coins and get a code, anyone with the necessary system can redeem it.

Okay, I think that I see now. If you buy with real money from the eShop, no code is given - same way that I purchased Legend of the Mystical Ninja last night. Purchases made using coins generate a code that can, of course, be exchanged. Never thought about it before.

greatn posted:

You can assign the controllers to whichever player you want, you press home, and then it's somewhere in controller options.

I found a video about this here. It looks like you can reassign the GamePad in the VC, but not WiiMotes or Pro Controllers.

JustJeff88 fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Apr 23, 2015

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Since we're now getting Nintendo 64 games on Wii U Virtual Console, what games do you wanna see in the near future? I'd like to see Space Station Silicon Valley ideally with the various game-breaking bugs fixed so it could actually be 100% completed.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Mario Party 2 and 3.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Jet Force Gemini

I can dream... :smith:

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Rakuga Kids

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Hell yeah.

Also, F-Zero eXpansion Kit.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Jet Force Gemini

This is exactly what I was going to say. I miss that game.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Chimera-gui posted:

Since we're now getting Nintendo 64 games on Wii U Virtual Console, what games do you wanna see in the near future? I'd like to see Space Station Silicon Valley ideally with the various game-breaking bugs fixed so it could actually be 100% completed.

Sin & Punishment. Also, the Banjo games but I doubt those will happen.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

Chimera-gui posted:

Mystical Adventure Starring Goemon, because goddamn, did I love that game

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

Magil of Shadow posted:

Mystical Adventure Starring Goemon, because goddamn, did I love that game

I love Legend of the Mystical Ninja, and I've always wanted to play that. I really hope they put that up.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Rexroom posted:

Depends. The DSN-12 is an analog synthesizer with all the fancy knobs and buttons to tweak. M01D is a workstation. They're both music tools where you have to learn the trade yourself, but if I had to pick, the M01D would probably be the easiest of the two for beginners.

I'm basically a beginner and just picked up the DSN-12, partially on the basis of the "the worlds first 3d oscilloscope." Interface is a little confusing, but I've just been poking around without consulting the manual. Having fun loading up the demos and making sounds. The M01D looks cool too, with all the pros and cons of being a recreation of the "vintage" Korg M1.

Edit: Oscilloscope, ha, yes!

Manky fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Apr 24, 2015

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Manky posted:

I'm basically a beginner and just picked up the DSN-12, partially on the basis of the "the worlds first 3d oscillator."

The what now? :psyduck:
I'm a synth geek and that sentence makes no sense.

e: looking through promotional stuff it seems they claim to have the world's first 3D oscilloscope, which I assume means the Lissajous mode on the scope has depth if you turn on 3D.

e2: either way, if anyone's looking for opinions or help with the DSN-12 or the M01D you should check out the synth thread in the musician subforum.

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

I am Leto, Lion of Atreides

Chimera-gui posted:

Blast Corps.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
We all know Blast Corps will never happen.

What we should hope for (and what might actually have a shot) is Mischief Makers.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
Actually Mischief Makers is co-owned by Enix/Square Enix, so it ain't never coming over here.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Watrick posted:

I love Legend of the Mystical Ninja, and I've always wanted to play that. I really hope they put that up.

Did they make another one with this name on the N64? Because the one from the SNES is already on the Wii U VC - I just bought it a few days ago for $7.99.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
They made two Mystical Ninja games on the 64, one 2D platformer I didn't think was that great and a loving awesome 3D platformer very similar to Mario64. The latter I still play through about once a year just for the insane cutscenes.

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

Lodin posted:

They made two Mystical Ninja games on the 64, one 2D platformer I didn't think was that great and a loving awesome 3D platformer very similar to Mario64. The latter I still play through about once a year just for the insane cutscenes.

It's not really like Mario 64. It's not a collectathon. It's kinda like Zelda actually except it's a platformer. But it is AWESOME.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I wouldn't call the KORGs tools, they're legit instruments. It's a huge pet peeve of mine when people refuse to call synths and their relatives "real instruments" for whatever stupid reasons they come up with.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I just want Pokemon Snap with gyro controls.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Surlaw posted:

I just want Pokemon Snap with gyro controls.

Snap would be such a great 3DS or WiiU game its kinda weird they haven't done it yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoo06
Jul 20, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

Snap would be such a great 3DS or WiiU game its kinda weird they haven't done it yet.

They'd probably make it selfie based with those AR cards or something.

Just think of all the Psyduck face.