Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tastychicken
Jul 17, 2007
Title text goes here
And a sarcastic placement of George W. Bush's portrait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Yess :getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kleBbnNXeJw

Veeta
Dec 23, 2011

... καὶ ὡς ὑπὸ βελῶν τοῖς σοῖς κατατρωθήσονται ῥήμασιν.
I watched 'Pusher' a little while ago, and one of my favourite moments was Skinner completely resisting the title character's ability and immediately laying in to him.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wReulnRQA-Y&t=68s

night slime
May 14, 2014

Veeta posted:

I watched 'Pusher' a little while ago, and one of my favourite moments was Skinner completely resisting the title character's ability and immediately laying in to him.

I thought that was just because the ability only worked on one person at a time

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
This, but also you know...it's Skinner.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
My favorite Skinner scene was in Hollywood A.D. when all three of them are talking on the phone while taking a bubble bath. Mulder and Scully are insecure and lie about what they're doing, Skinner is just like "gently caress yea I'm taking a bubble bath, what of it?"

sulley
Aug 15, 2004

Not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
Now they just need to announce Nicholas Lea will be coming back as Krycek and I'll know all is right in the world.

What.

He can be a clone or something. Bonus points in that it would make for a great reunion scene between him and Mitch.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I always loved that Krycek and Mulder's rivalry died down because it turned out Skinner and Krycek hated each other so much more.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

mr.capps posted:

I always loved that Krycek and Mulder's rivalry died down because it turned out Skinner and Krycek hated each other so much more.

Skinner was so happy to leave him on his balcony.
He really hosed over all three of them
Mulder - killed father
Scully - involved with death of sister
Skinner - nanites!

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

tastychicken posted:

And a sarcastic placement of George W. Bush's portrait.

Nothing will ever top this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvgXnzwwZsM

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

X-FILES STREAMING IN HD ON NETFLIX RIGHT THE gently caress NOW!!!!

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3341654/netflix-streams-first-season-x-files-hd/

Only first season for now, but I'm sure more will follow.

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Apr 24, 2015

Exploder
Nov 15, 2005

Just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick

bull3964 posted:

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3341654/netflix-streams-first-season-x-files-hd/

Holy poo poo, this is fantastic news! Thank you. I don't know what's more exciting: this, or the reboot.

edit:
Just fired up the PS4, watching 'Ice' right now. Sure enough, it's in HD. It looks great. I'm so glad this show is finally getting the respect it deserves. I feel like it was ignored for the past decade.

Exploder fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Apr 24, 2015

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Upon close inspection, it appears that only the first 13 episodes of season 1 are in HD. I imagine it's probably a slow rollout.

That's fine, I'll watch one or two episodes a week and pace myself until the new stuff comes.

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER
Is all the missing text from the intro and location bylines back?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Goddamnit man, I just finished a complete rewatch of the series last month.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

killhamster posted:

Is all the missing text from the intro and location bylines back?

Yep. In glorious hi-def font that seems very slightly different from the original. It could just be my imagination.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Watching the HD episodes.

I think the worst part about "Space" is that it totally wastes Ed Lauter.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

LesterGroans posted:

Watching the HD episodes.

I think the worst part about "Space" is that it totally wastes Ed Lauter.

He's still good in it though, if there's anything worthwhile in that episode he's it.

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

So, these may be blasphemy in this thread, but I'm looking to watch the X-files with my girlfriend...

I'm just starting as well, and I have been enjoying the series a lot. Up now to the jersey devil episode, it is indeed kinda strange that they decided that a feral couple were the actual devil instead of something a little less mundane.

I have to say that Tooms was an extremely unnerving episode, the way his eyes look out from the darkness was something I found more frightening than most horror movies.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

papasyhotcakes posted:

I'm just starting as well, and I have been enjoying the series a lot. Up now to the jersey devil episode, it is indeed kinda strange that they decided that a feral couple were the actual devil instead of something a little less mundane.

I have to say that Tooms was an extremely unnerving episode, the way his eyes look out from the darkness was something I found more frightening than most horror movies.

The actor is creepier.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

bobkatt013 posted:

The actor is creepier.

Holy poo poo, I just realized he is the guy in beginning of this music video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPnqFltpW7o

tastychicken
Jul 17, 2007
Title text goes here

mr.capps posted:

Holy poo poo, I just realized he is the guy in beginning of this music video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPnqFltpW7o

And that controversy was not for the music video/fake, as you can see here!

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

There's an interview out there with a writer of the show who said that Hutchinson kept trying to get Gillian Anderson alone during filming, too, like trying multiple times to go back to her hotel room with her.

night slime
May 14, 2014

Jack Gladney posted:

There's an interview out there with a writer of the show who said that Hutchinson kept trying to get Gillian Anderson alone during filming, too, like trying multiple times to go back to her hotel room with her.

That's called method acting

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I wonder if he was a massive cock on the set of The Green Mile, too. He nailed the part of Percy, that's for sure.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
He used to awkwardly say he was always going to come back to life in X-Files, I guess they have several good reasons for not doing that besides it just being dumb.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Basebf555 posted:

He's still good in it though, if there's anything worthwhile in that episode he's it.

Oh, he definitely gives it his all. He could have been really, really good in a half decent episode though. Feels like a waste.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

More of Season 1 seems to be in HD now. There are just a few random episodes right now that aren't (Gender Bender, The Erlenmeyer Flask.)

inignot
Sep 1, 2003

WWBCD?
There are HD versions up through season 5 being aired in Germany.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
http://www.avclub.com/article/writer-producers-glen-morgan-and-james-wong-are-re-218719?utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=feeds

quote:

TVLine reports that distinguished X-Files writer-producers Glen Morgan and James Wong have signed on for the show’s six-episode revival. The pair wrote several of the series’ most beloved episodes, including “Squeeze,” “Beyond the Sea,” and “Musings of a Cigarette-Smoking Man.” They are also responsible for the underrated “The Field Where I Died” and “Home,” the episode you put on when your friends think The X-Files is lame and then laugh maniacally as they cover their eyes in fear and disgust.

Although Morgan and Wong typically wrote episodes together during the show’s initial run, they will split up for the event series and write and direct one episode apiece. Morgan also will serve as an executive producer along with series creator Chris Carter. In addition, TVLine confirms that Vince Gilligan—who wrote several terrific episodes of The X-Files and went on to create Breaking Bad and even have his own Jeopardy! category—will not return for the revival because he has places to be and things to do, although he will be watching.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

bull3964 posted:

They had the whole thing up a while ago, but without subtitles which made some of the episodes weird when you couldn't tell what they were saying. Also didn't have "The Truth is Out There" at the end of the title sequence. Hopefully that is fixed in the HD version.

Also Amazon Prime has the whole series with subs and everything for those who have that.

Bob Ojeda
Apr 15, 2008

I AM A WHINY LITTLE EMOTIONAL BITCH BABY WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOR

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING REMIND ME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

The Field Where I Died is not underrated. It sucks. (I'm not sure that Home is underrated either, but that's mostly because I thought everyone agreed it was awesome)

Anyway, that's awesome news. Interesting that they're not working together, but still.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!

Bob Ojeda posted:

The Field Where I Died is not underrated. It sucks. (I'm not sure that Home is underrated either, but that's mostly because I thought everyone agreed it was awesome)

Anyway, that's awesome news. Interesting that they're not working together, but still.

Shut your dirty mouth. The Field Where I Died is great. I'm not a shipper and this is why Mulder and Scully shouldn't be together. They are partners/soul mates.

The Morgan/Wong is great news and I'm cautiously optimistic that this won't suck!

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I really hope the six episodes thing is just some kinda pilot test, because I cannot see all this awesomeness contained to so few episodes.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I don't see why they couldn't keep it going if the response is good. Schedules permitting, anyway.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Where's the other Morgan

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Bob Ojeda posted:

The article is saying that "Field..." is underrated and "Home" is the episode you put on to freak people out. Just maybe formulated a bit wonky.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Stare-Out posted:

I don't see why they couldn't keep it going if the response is good. Schedules permitting, anyway.

The problem is the people involved are very clearly not into having X-files dominate another decade of their life. Anderson is busier than probably she's ever been in her career, and of all people there's no way Duchovny would be doing this if he thought it would be an extended commitment. If it's a monster success maybe there's a chance we get one more mini-season, but its not going to be a monster success. People will watch it, enjoy it, and then it will be forgotten not unlike Arrested Development's revival season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Yeah, by schedules permitting I should've specified that I was thinking more along the lines of more "mini-seasons" like this one, not full-on revival of the show. Having it be shorter and more focused would do it more of a service anyway and, again if it's a big enough hit, they could give it a year or so between seasons to make sure no one is too busy.

• Locked thread