Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

David D. Davidson posted:

NO, Stark makes them, Fury does however buy them in bulk.

Doom probably stole the Starktech LMD designs to improve his Doombots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rhyno posted:

Doom probably stole the Starktech LMD designs to improve his Doombots.

Same issue

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Doom is a master of all sciences and mystic arts including sick burns.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

redbackground posted:

Just because it's a cool page:

This would be such a rad poster to have

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Phylodox posted:

No, that's Doreen Green taking a selfie with Galactus.

What do Galactus' selfies look like...to Galactus?!? :tinfoil:

Like Galen of Taa! (with a silly hat on) :niggly:

kdrudy posted:

This would be such a rad poster to have

I wonder if it's ever been redone in high quality by a decent artist? Surely it has, it's iconic.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

MikeJF posted:

Like Galen of Taa! (with a silly hat on) :niggly:

I wonder if it's ever been redone in high quality by a decent artist? Surely it has, it's iconic.

Holy poo poo. You can't get higher quality.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Sorry, I'm not saying he's not a fantastic artist, I meant... I wonder if it's ever been redone in high colour/resolution/not-restricted-by-60's-comic-printing quality. By a decent artist as opposed to the terrible ones that usually like to do famous panel redraws.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Apr 24, 2015

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
The newsprint look is part of the charm. Blow it up to poster size and you've got yourself a genuine faux Lichtenstein.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
My friend bought some art prints a few years back that were just the panel boarders, word balloons, and sound effects of famous comic scenes (I think he got the death of Gwen Stacey and Banner becoming The Hulk). That Galactus page would seem like a good contender for a page to convert.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Phylodox posted:

The newsprint look is part of the charm. Blow it up to poster size and you've got yourself a genuine faux Lichtenstein.

Wouldn't it be better than Lichtenstein as it's actually by Kirby and not Roy ripping off Kirby and not crediting?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

Wouldn't it be better than Lichtenstein as it's actually by Kirby and not Roy ripping off Kirby and not crediting?
It's Byrne :ssh:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

That was a sick Byrne on Lichtenstein, though.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
:sweatdrop:

I haven't read as much FF as I should, so I assumed it was from the original Galactus story, what with the semi-Stan-sounding "HIM WHO IS GALACTUS" narration. Should've known because of no Krackle, though. Whoops!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gaz-L posted:

:sweatdrop:

I haven't read as much FF as I should, so I assumed it was from the original Galactus story, what with the semi-Stan-sounding "HIM WHO IS GALACTUS" narration. Should've known because of no Krackle, though. Whoops!

He looks a bit different

FF 48

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
"C FOR CATLACTUS, DEVOURER OF YARN! My good suit is in the wash..."

(I kid because I love.)

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Byrne was one of the best superheroes artists of the 1980s (his personal faults notwithstanding) and it's stuff like his FF run that shows why.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Gaz-L posted:

"C FOR CATLACTUS, DEVOURER OF YARN! My good suit is in the wash..."

(I kid because I love.)

As good an excuse as any to post Alan Moore's greatest creation.

EDIT - I kid, but Top 10 is my favourite Moore work. I could post a ton of pages from that in this thread, but there's also a number of scenes that I've never finished reading without it suddenly getting a little dusty in my room.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Perry Normal posted:

As good an excuse as any to post Alan Moore's greatest creation.

EDIT - I kid, but Top 10 is my favourite Moore work. I could post a ton of pages from that in this thread, but there's also a number of scenes that I've never finished reading without it suddenly getting a little dusty in my room.

"Once, it was ALL black. We are winning..."

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

bobkatt013 posted:

He looks a bit different

FF 48

And that's a recolor. The original was like red and green.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

"Once, it was ALL black. We are winning..."

Seriously. That's such an amazing issue.

Traynor's reaction to Girl One getting killed tears me up every time too. "That poor sweet girl, she's got a hole through her."

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Perry Normal posted:

Seriously. That's such an amazing issue.

Traynor's reaction to Girl One getting killed tears me up every time too. "That poor sweet girl, she's got a hole through her."

And "Break her fuckin' neck, son." is a real punch-the-air moment (I may be slightly misquoting)

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

And "Break her fuckin' neck, son." is a real punch-the-air moment (I may be slightly misquoting)

"goddamn" instead of "fuckin'" IIRC, but regardless, agreed. That whole sequence is so perfect. "Yessir." *launches giant gently caress-off energy beam from his chest.*

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Perry Normal posted:

"goddamn" instead of "fuckin'" IIRC, but regardless, agreed. That whole sequence is so perfect. "Yessir." *launches giant gently caress-off energy beam from his chest.*

Actually, He says "Break her £$%&ing neck, son." And then he tries to read her the Miranda rights before opening up. The advantage of having Absolute Top 10 withing two feet of you when you post.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Random Stranger posted:

Actually, He says "Break her £$%&ing neck, son." And then he tries to read her the Miranda rights before opening up. The advantage of having Absolute Top 10 withing two feet of you when you post.

Hahaha, I was just not willing to walk to the other side of the house.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Top 10 being so goddamn niche is a crime, even if it does suffer from that problem Moore sometimes gets where he thinks he can write down song lyrics and the average reader will do anything other than skip them.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

mind the walrus posted:

Top 10 being so goddamn niche is a crime, even if it does suffer from that problem Moore sometimes gets where he thinks he can write down song lyrics and the average reader will do anything other than skip them.

I sing along to them.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

MikeJF posted:

Sorry, I'm not saying he's not a fantastic artist, I meant... I wonder if it's ever been redone in high colour/resolution/not-restricted-by-60's-comic-printing quality. By a decent artist as opposed to the terrible ones that usually like to do famous panel redraws.

I actually tracked down a high quality 1988x3056 scan of it that looks great.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Perry Normal posted:

Okay, you got me, I had to post that Top Ten sequence in the badass thread.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Top 10 is fantastic, but the non-Moore spinoffs/sequels vary from decent to atrocious. Smax is penned by Moore, though, and it owns:

Smax #3

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Dan Didio posted:

I sing along to them.

You're that guy who sings along to all the songs in Tolkien too aren't you?

kujeger
Feb 19, 2004

OH YES HA HA
Yeah, Top 10 and Smax are brilliant and Smax in particular is hilarious.

And I, too, read the lyrics.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Amazing Spider-Man #7
Kamala is a nerd.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Say Nothing posted:

Amazing Spider-Man #7
Kamala is a nerd.

is the whole issue like that? I may have to pick that up. Is spider-man good again?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Leper Residue posted:

is the whole issue like that? I may have to pick that up. Is spider-man good again?

Yes (it's a two parter, issues 7 and 8). And no.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

More Top 10.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

Perry Normal posted:

More Top 10.

I wonder if any of the Transformers had this problem.

"I change into a car, my sis changes into a vending machine and turns tricks at the street corner."

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!

Cangelosi posted:

I wonder if any of the Transformers had this problem.

"I change into a car, my sis changes into a vending machine and turns tricks at the street corner."

Sounds like an excuse to link Wonderella.

http://nonadventures.com/2007/07/07/hardware-conflict/

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Or PBF.

http://www.pbfcomics.com/156/

http://www.pbfcomics.com/121/

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
To converse with Bandette requires the proper mindset. (Bandette #6)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Newspaper Spider-Man: World's Greatest Detective