Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Bort

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Good Boruto, you look kind of cool.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Boruto is exactly dumb enough to be 100 percent legit.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Liam is amazing. He'll seemingly take contrary stances simply because someone sounds too negative about something. Kinda reminds me of myself... I mean say what you want about the other three but at least they're consistent. Liam always manages to say one thing that flips me on him. Then say something to flip me back.

Also can you guys lend me 20 bucks? It's cold.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Captain Invictus posted:

Good Boruto, you look kind of cool.

I can feel the Boruto Cinematic Universe expanding already

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.

FauxGateau posted:

Also can you guys lend me 20 bucks? It's cold.

It was my birthday last year, man, you should give me that money.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Boruto sounds exactly like a name you'd see in a lovely fanfic.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
There may be endless complaints of how Naruto ended (partly because yeah, the end wasn't good and partly because no one was gonna be happy no matter what happened), BUT I love it based solely on how it shits on a decade worth of next gen!fanfics.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Compendium posted:

There may be endless complaints of how Naruto ended (partly because yeah, the end wasn't good and partly because no one was gonna be happy no matter what happened), BUT I love it based solely on how it shits on a decade worth of next gen!fanfics.

I know literally nothing about Naruto except for this page of the end of the manga and watching it on Toonami once or twice when I was barely a teenager, and yknow what, based on this page I think I've seen everything I need to see of it.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
man the ragging on kung jin makes me sad

archers are cool

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

wait hold on boruto isn't a thing pat just made up?????????

Next-Jin Engine
Dec 7, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

wait hold on boruto isn't a thing pat just made up?????????

Watch it be the most expensive kayfabe, in the making.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Next-Jin Engine posted:

Watch it be the most expensive kayfabe, in the making.

Naruto is done but are you ready for three centuries of Boruto????!

Next-Jin Engine
Dec 7, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Naruto is done but are you ready for three centuries of Boruto????!

Woolie only thought he killed Naruto, without knowing his actions have triggered a family blood feud

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I would watch Naruto if it starred Woolie instead of Naruto

edit: But I think they'd have to re-title it, probably

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Doesn't Sasuke also have a daughter named Salad or something now too?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Doesn't Sasuke also have a daughter named Salad or something now too?

Worse. Crouton.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

OMG, Natalia doesn't "die", she "faints".

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME

Blockhouse posted:

man the ragging on kung jin makes me sad

archers are cool

Heard a lot of static from Maximillian about him too. I think perhaps it's because he's surprisingly show and his jump looks kind of lovely? I am keen to see what tech he has in his back pocket though.

CJacobs posted:

I would watch Naruto if it starred Woolie instead of Naruto

edit: But I think they'd have to re-title it, probably

Chewie and Fuckface Gaiden: The Boruto Years.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

DumbparameciuM posted:

Heard a lot of static from Maximillian about him too. I think perhaps it's because he's surprisingly show and his jump looks kind of lovely? I am keen to see what tech he has in his back pocket though.

It's not really anything to do with his mechanics, he's just loving boring in design. His second costume should have been his default, at least he'd be a cool ninja man then.

Kind of a shame they took the awesome step of having a gay fighter only to have it being one of the least interesting designs on the roster. Only way it could have been worse is if it was Reptile.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Woolie droppin harsh bombs about Pat's height in the latest Bloodborne episode. Like dang dude.

landy.
Jan 20, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Kimmalah posted:

Yeah I wasn't upset about it, it's just funny. Like the Li Mei thing or the fact that they were shocked about Kung Jin's staff shooting fire the second time it happened. I love all the weird callbacks and it's nice that they've found suitable roles for some of the dumber characters in MK history.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3712309&pagenumber=5

You're needed, Kimmalah

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPbnoiwnYNY

RIP Mileena and Baraka

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
The most disappointing thing about the MKX story is that there isn't more of it. Otherwise it's excellent.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
Chewie and Fuckface is just about my favorite joke in this podcast. I want to hear the morning radio that those names would make.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Red Minjo posted:

Chewie and Fuckface is just about my favorite joke in this podcast. I want to hear the morning radio that those names would make.

As far as I know, there's now three twitter accounts with that name. @chewie_fuckface seems to be spouting weird nonsense written by Chewie and Fuckface characters they made up, which is a weird direction with the gimmick. The other two just seem to be personal handles that are just normal people.

Nobody has called out the Grumps yet, so I have no idea what to make of it.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
Does anyone remember Woolies uber code? They just started driver sign ups in my area and I want to try his code in promo code section.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

DumbparameciuM posted:

Does anyone remember Woolies uber code? They just started driver sign ups in my area and I want to try his code in promo code section.

Don't do it, Uber is ran by scumbags

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Matt so earnestly going "shut up about the Reiko Accords!!" to the characters in the game is like my favorite part of the new MK episode :allears:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

One thing I don't get about Takeda's chapter: Where the hell are he and Scorpion training at? Why are they in a destroyed city?

I wonder if they would have liked Takeda as much if they went with their earlier design for him:

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Apr 24, 2015

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Rhonne posted:

One thing I don't get about Takeda's chapter: Where the hell are he and Scorpion training at? Why are they in a destroyed city?

Somewhere that got hosed up during the netherrealm war I guess.

Human Scorpion is rad

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I mean, I assumed that people lived in that city and they would want to move back and rebuild. But I guess if Scorpion tells you he's going to use your destroyed home for ninja training, you're not going to tell him no.

And yeah, human Scorpion is awesome. Is Johnny the only one who didn't grow a beard as he got older?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That's the catch, you see, Scorpion was the one that destroyed the city to turn it into a ninja training ground in the first place.

edit: I am irrationally irritated by the fact that someone in charge of editing accidentally hosed the splices on the Bloodborne vids, so every vid for the last 5 or so has started off with a second of the fadeout from the previous episode's ending slide. I bet it's all Woolie's fault.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Apr 24, 2015

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I just want to say that Bloodborne is loving rad and I'm so glad it was the game that made me finally get a PS4. I stayed up until 5:30 this morning playing it and am about to jump back into it. I finally get what all the hype is about. I think I'm just about done going through Old Yharnam and those fights with the other hunter in the courtyard and that rear end in a top hat on the tower that was working the chaingun were tense.

I also waiting until Level 30 to take down the Cleric Beast because I'm a pussy.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Charles Martel posted:

I just want to say that Bloodborne is loving rad and I'm so glad it was the game that made me finally get a PS4. I stayed up until 5:30 this morning playing it and am about to jump back into it. I finally get what all the hype is about. I think I'm just about done going through Old Yharnam and those fights with the other hunter in the courtyard and that rear end in a top hat on the tower that was working the chaingun were tense.

I also waiting until Level 30 to take down the Cleric Beast because I'm a pussy.

The other hunters in Bloodborne can be real assholes sometimes. Like that shotgun guy who killed Pat in the last episode.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The weirdest thing is that hearing Scorpion without the ghost voice filter made me realize he's Patrick Seitz, which is weirding me out by how calmly he's talking.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Aw man, Woolie got a boss.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

There was a suprisingly high amount of progress in Bloodborne.
Also, I'm proud for you, Woolie.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.
Who here is in the "longer is better" camp when it comes to the podcast? If every podcast was 5 hours long it still wouldn't be too much for me.

I get bandwidth is probably the biggest factor here but I hope that Matt & Woolie know that they don't need to curtail the length or constantly wonder if the show is going on too long and needs to be wrapped up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Kaptain K posted:

Who here is in the "longer is better" camp when it comes to the podcast? If every podcast was 5 hours long it still wouldn't be too much for me.

I get bandwidth is probably the biggest factor here but I hope that Matt & Woolie know that they don't need to curtail the length or constantly wonder if the show is going on too long and needs to be wrapped up.

Length isn't an issue for me, but pace is. If the podcast was twice as long because they talked about twice as many things, awesome. If they talked about same amount of stuff for twice as long, that could be bad.