Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

HonorableTB posted:

Are there any new flight sim games? I'm going to buy a Saitek Warthog HOTAS (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HHAIY72/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2L77EE7U53NWQ) tomorrow (btw, is that a decent flight stick? My downstairs neighbor has one and it was super fun to play Elite: Dangerous with) and I want to have some fun flight sim games to play with. I looked at the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator but it came out nearly 10 years ago so I'm looking for something newer and flashier. I prefer combat flight sims, but anything with goals or career mode or a campaign or whatever would also be fun.

I play a ton of War Thunder which has an active goon community, a lot of the spergier ones kinda like the new IL2 but I dont use a joystick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Black Ops III is going to be badass.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

I'm afraid that if we continue allowing this blackwashing of cosplay, someday there will be no characters for little white children to look up to and dream of cosplaying as. She should have stuck with some of Final Fantasy's very interesting black characters, like guy with the chocobo afro or Vivi maybe

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Only the Japanese should be allowed to cosplay imho.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Quest For Glory II posted:

Important gifs i just made

I thought that was Gabe Newell who was doing pushups and I thought for once videogames achieved the impossible.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Gabe Newell at maximum arm extension would still have his belly touching the floor though

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Gaben's actually lost quite a bit of weight in recent years, I'm proud of him

Not as much as Drew Carey though, drat man every time I watch Price is Right and he introduces himself I get confused for a second

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Alain Post posted:

Black Ops III is going to be badass.

Black Ops III is going to be incredibly stupid.

Please note, I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm super excited about it. I just wonder if this one's going to end with an Avenged Sevenfold concert like the last one did. That's pretty hard to top.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Black Ops 3 has the same story as a Megaman Game.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Quest For Glory II posted:

Important gifs i just made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTYtH28esTg

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
mortal kombat ecks is really, really good. reminds me of ultimate mk3 in a good way.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

precision posted:

mortal kombat ecks is really, really good. reminds me of ultimate mk3 in a good way.

it's mortal Kombat 10 because Mortal Kombat 3 and Ultimate MK 3 count as two different games. Thereby bringing the MK games number to 10.

I hope we get a Mortal Kombat Tokyo Dift.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

precision posted:

X is good except 80gb install, Krypt unlocking without cheat engine, and buyers now dlc. engine is solid.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh is there a way to unlock stuff in the Krypt via CE now? I posted in the thread about how I wanted to do it legit but now I'm feeling lazy and :effort:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I don't understand why they realised a dedicated block button was dumb in Injustice and then decided it was actually really good and put it back in.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

CJacobs posted:

Oh is there a way to unlock stuff in the Krypt via CE now? I posted in the thread about how I wanted to do it legit but now I'm feeling lazy and :effort:

http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=581077&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Infinite coins and unlock to your hearts content.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
You're steam anime surprise

http://store.steampowered.com/app/264380/

Nearly the oldest ren'py (the python toolkit responsible for 95% of the visual novels on steam) indie visual novel is now on steam - for free, as they wouldn't dare charge for it. But for $8 you can buy the soundtrack!

I guess it's in Japanese or something?

Recommended by Freak Futanari: "I don't even need to play this in order to know that it's good, because it has an anime girl in it, which is good. You'll probably enjoy this, maybe."

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I don't understand why they realised a dedicated block button was dumb in Injustice and then decided it was actually really good and put it back in.
Mortal Kombat needs a block button. What it doesn't need, however, is a run button.

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Apr 24, 2015

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

She looks sufficiently underage for my discerning tastes.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The block button in Mortal Kombat is kinda useless, especially in X, because most standard attacks are so instantaneous that blocking them by accident is way more plausible than blocking them on purpose. Combo breaking with the block button is useful because it lets you beat your way out of an infinite combo... but blocking itself serves basically no purpose when you could just counterattack instead. Also, you can't block x-rays in the same manner as normal attacks because they hit 3 times before the x-ray happens which is weird.

edit: I think some of my online victories so far are purely down to the fact that the other person blocked while I played aggressively. I'm assuming that in those cases they expected me to also block their attacks but I've hit the block button voluntarily like 3 times outside of dragon challenges and combo breaking so it was not a factor.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Apr 24, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

tradition

and also so you can press 'up' in fatalities without jumping

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The block button is fine in this game

Story mode is a good cheesy movie

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Mortal Combat what the gently caress is going on:
  • shinnok gets too much god chlorine in his diet and becomes doom cyber demon
  • so then cassie punches him in the dick and shoots him in the eyes
  • raiden undoes that poo poo but becomes orange raiden instead of ocean breeze raiden
  • and decalres war on anyone who is gonna bother earth realm next

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Cardboard Box A posted:

Mortal Combat what the gently caress is going on:
  • shinnok gets too much god chlorine in his diet and becomes doom cyber demon
  • so then cassie punches him in the dick and shoots him in the eyes
  • raiden undoes that poo poo but becomes orange raiden instead of ocean breeze raiden
  • and decalres war on anyone who is gonna bother earth realm next

Shinnok used evil magic to make the jinsei corrupted and Raiden absorbed it because he thinks he can take it, but he's a dumbass as he is in all mortal kombat story modes and ends up being corrupted by the evil juice

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

CJacobs posted:

The block button in Mortal Kombat is kinda useless, especially in X, because most standard attacks are so instantaneous that blocking them by accident is way more plausible than blocking them on purpose. Combo breaking with the block button is useful because it lets you beat your way out of an infinite combo... but blocking itself serves basically no purpose when you could just counterattack instead. Also, you can't block x-rays in the same manner as normal attacks because they hit 3 times before the x-ray happens which is weird.

edit: I think some of my online victories so far are purely down to the fact that the other person blocked while I played aggressively. I'm assuming that in those cases they expected me to also block their attacks but I've hit the block button voluntarily like 3 times outside of dragon challenges and combo breaking so it was not a factor.

You mean being aggressive and only blocking when you need to is how you win in a fistfight? :monocle:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Nasgate posted:

You mean being aggressive and only blocking when you need to is how you win in a fistfight? :monocle:

I've never fought an evil demon from hell so I couldn't say for sure but based on my MKX gameplay I've found that yes this is true

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

CJacobs posted:

Shinnok used evil magic to make the jinsei corrupted and Raiden absorbed it because he thinks he can take it, but he's a dumbass as he is in all mortal kombat story modes and ends up being corrupted by the evil juice
I'm going to go ahead and assume that mk-mkx are alot like the Godfather trilogy
  • raiden is mike corleaone and liu kang is the lawyer guy
  • mike does everything in his power to protect his family aka raiden with earth realm
  • but in the supposed godfather 3 script that didnt make it he ends up fighting with the lawyer
  • since quan chi dies liu kang cant be brought back from evil form
  • with shinnok and shao khan gone i think liu kang is the only evil dude left to step up
  • sindel is still around but who gives a gently caress
  • anyways raiden sends his warning at the end of mkx
  • I'll be very impressed if liu kang becomes the new final boss
  • it will be like how the asian vampire hunter from dracula 2 takes draccys place in dracula 3
  • dracula 2 is great 3 not so much... vampires on stilts...

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

steam thread turned terrible so i made a thread to flush out the bad

here it is, hope you enjoy

maybe this time the page count will hit double digits :)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

It's not dumb it owns. It wouldn't be MK without it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Paul Blart Kombat! *tinny beats play over mall speakers*

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Paul Blart Kombat! *tinny beats play over mall speakers*

Paul Blart's already in mortal kombat, his name is bo' rai cho

edit: Paul Blart would be a mixture of Stryker and Bo' Rai Cho with his only fatalities being at the box office

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Thrust jumps :gizz:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

so activision made the other cod team put the jetpack in their game too.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
only matter of time until battlefield gets their jet pack on

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Real hurthling! posted:

so activision made the other cod team put the jetpack in their game too.

You don't need thrusters to thrust :mario:

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

dat one portagee posted:

only matter of time until battlefield gets their jet pack on
It was already in the trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwWLns7-xN8&t=48s

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

CJacobs posted:

Paul Blart's already in mortal kombat, his name is bo' rai cho

I dunno, classic Stryker is pretty much Paul Blart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh9Vo4pdWJo

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Stryker is the goddamn best and I will not hear otherwise

This whole cutscene is made hilarious by zombie necro Stryker just ineffectually blasting his gun at nobody in the background, as if the recoil is about to tear his dumb zombie demon arm right off

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!

theultimo posted:

Thrust jumps :gizz:

cool I've been playing AW again and the thrusting about etc is great, makes the game more hectic again like mw2

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!
although mw2 was hectic for different reasons (incredible shotguns and massive killsteak spam)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!
i want a remastered mw2

• Locked thread