Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Uranium 235 posted:

Are people starting out battles by saying "good luck everypony" yet? I try to tk everyone who does that in WOT.

No but I sure am going to now.

James Garfield posted:

"[something nerds don't like] poi" gets fairly consistent results. "Anime is for children poi" works a lot better than without the poi.

Or maybe this. I guess I'll alternate for now and see which gets better results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
lol at people taking my allcaps fake suggestion to wargaming seriously

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

So is the aiming mod no more then? I can't hit a loving thing now I have been using it!!!

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

ranbo das posted:

No but I sure am going to now.

Or maybe this. I guess I'll alternate for now and see which gets better results.
okay but just be aware that there are real bronies who say the everypony thing

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost

Burt posted:

So is the aiming mod no more then? I can't hit a loving thing now I have been using it!!!

Reinstall it like you did the first time and it should work again.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

-Troika- posted:

Pretty sure that's a gimmick account. The entire thing is a character from the PSP RPG Fate/Extra.

Yeah there's a reason why said all that stuff is the least objectionable thing. His posting is constant, insufferable, and has only once been something like correct and for all the wrong reasons.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Burt posted:

Russians are nothing if not resilient, that aiming mod will probably never go away.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

orange juche posted:

Russians are nothing if not resilient, that aiming mod will probably never go away.

Iirc it's using code scraped from when they had it in for testing in alpha, so if wg changes the way they expose information that could take it down for a while.

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

Fight to Fly. Fly to Fight. Fight to Win.
So I just got this game and I'm in TS. Is anyone around that can give me permission to get into the wows channel

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Chair In A Basket posted:

Reinstall it like you did the first time and it should work again.

Wtf. WG are truly useless. They said it was disabled in this patch. I've been enjoying a few games where people are now, strangely, much less accurate compared to a couple days ago.

Please don't spread information like that to pubbies though, post it in the private forum.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Burt posted:

The thing is, you don't need to use it. Thanks to Orange Juche, we are now aware of a function on your keyboard called: The Alt key.

Its awesome, gives you a lot of information and will allow you to land a lot of shots you normally wouldn't. Give it a try, it certainly helped me and I suck at shooting guns.

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009
Thank god my alt button is my mumble/TS hotkey, I figured out how alt works within an hour or so of starting to play.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

PirateBob posted:

Wtf. WG are truly useless. They said it was disabled in this patch. I've been enjoying a few games where people are now, strangely, much less accurate compared to a couple days ago.

Please don't spread information like that to pubbies though, post it in the private forum.

They said it was disabled in the next major patch with a whole bunch of stuff we don't have yet, and I think the most recent one was mostly bug fixes.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
Good, this game isn't fun without the aim mod.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

It still works.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Burt posted:

It still works.

For now.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
Myoko strongu

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

hopterque posted:

I'm just waiting for the patch, wanna drive those fat american boats.

Can't wait to have crazy future hud bullshit in warships though.
Not going to lie, "crazy future hud bullshit" is the exact reason I never installed any hud mods for WoT.

The Locator posted:

I killed two DD's, a Phoenix, and a Myogi with my Cleveland in a match last night while protecting our sole carrier. The entire time my team was bitching in chat about the useless Cleveland hiding in back, even as my kill count went to 4 they were crying. The carrier guy was fairly happy though.
As someone who drives CVs a lot please do not stick back to defend CVs. If they're in a place that protecting them requires you to deliberately hang back either the side they're driving up collapsed or they're idiots who drive off on their own then complain when something inevitability sneaks up on them.

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

Laffo at all the baddies itt who need a program to click red boats

git gud, kids :smug:

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Durendal posted:

Laffo at all the baddies itt who need a program to click red boats

git gud, kids :smug:

Truth here.

I am so hit or miss with battleships I don't even know if an aim mod will help me. Lately in the Fuso I can barely do 4000 damage a salvo, but then I have off days where I one-shot Kongos at 20km.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Judging turns and guessing when they'll end is the real skill anyway.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Insert name here posted:

Not going to lie, "crazy future hud bullshit" is the exact reason I never installed any hud mods for WoT.

As someone who drives CVs a lot please do not stick back to defend CVs. If they're in a place that protecting them requires you to deliberately hang back either the side they're driving up collapsed or they're idiots who drive off on their own then complain when something inevitability sneaks up on them.

I didn't hang back, I was engaged in the center until I saw those four ships flanking, so I turned to cut them off and murder them. Having the carrier be there was a sweet bonus because they were so intent on getting it that I barely took any damage at all.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Insert name here posted:

You didn't use mods for WOT? You're insane. It has the worst HUD.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

Meltdown because half the game called him out on being an idiot when he yelled POI (and I shot him)

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Uranium 235 posted:

You didn't use mods for WOT? You're insane. It has the worst HUD.
Not any of the major ui overhauls no. IIRC I did use a small mod to display the HP of enemy tanks in numeric values (rather than percentages) back before it was rolled into the base UI but I think that was it.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Shalhavet posted:

Meltdown because half the game called him out on being an idiot when he yelled POI (and I shot him)
The chest-thumping about the anime clan was the best part.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

The chest-thumping about the anime clan was the best part.

Should've told him that people who can click in front of boats actually have the most power.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
Pubbies intentionally block my torpedoes in probably half my destroyer games and it might be annoying if the tears weren't so consistently funny.
edit: When a friendly destroyer tries to interpose itself between me and my target I intentionally sink the friendly destroyer so that might be a factor.

James Garfield fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Apr 25, 2015

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Yay, failplatoonsdivisions are now starting to pop up.

We somehow won this. The Chikuma spent the game flailing at the enemy Pensacola for about three or so broadsides before getting blown to pieces by it.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Are there any consequences in team killing at the moment? Some of my teammates are rather annoying ...

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

wfwon posted:

Are there any consequences in team killing at the moment? Some of my teammates are rather annoying ...

There is no in game consequence atm. However, if the player reports you, wargamming may choose to ban you. Remember, this is closed beta... I'd say who cares. Sink whoever you want and claim you needed to test something out.

Crash74
May 11, 2009

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

The ap changes coming next patch is going to make this list quite interesting. The atlanta for example will probably be flinging he mostly. Same with the gearing (though, lol at it having a higher dps than the yamato).

They said they are upping the RoF on the senjo so that should help it be more competitive to the des moines. I also see why I'm enjoying the mogami so much. Pretty solid dps there as well. Though, looking at it, I wonder why the ibuki gets a slower rof without changing gun size or alpha. The myoko is faster firing than the mogami at the cost of belt armor (this will be flipped next patch though which would make more sense). And then you go to the ibuki which has the same belt armor as the mogami, but fires her guns slower.

Edit: ah, the ibuki shaves 10s or so off her turret rotation. That would do it kind of.

JuffoWup fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Apr 25, 2015

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

JuffoWup posted:

The ap changes coming next patch is going to make this list quite interesting. The atlanta for example will probably be flinging he mostly. Same with the gearing (though, lol at it having a faster dps than the yamato).
Unless there's a good increase in deck armour they'll still probably be able to pen BBs at their max range due to how extreme the angle is on the 5 inchers and how (relatively) good the pen is on the shells. I wonder how the armour changes will affect them versus CA/CLs though; RIP being able to citadel a Mogami in a Farragut probably.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

JuffoWup posted:

The ap changes coming next patch is going to make this list quite interesting. The atlanta for example will probably be flinging he mostly. Same with the gearing (though, lol at it having a faster RoF than the yamato).

They said they are upping the RoF on the senjo so that should help it be more competitive to the des moines. I also see why I'm enjoying the mogami so much. Pretty solid dps there as well. Though, looking at it, I wonder why the ibuki gets a slower rof without changing gun size or alpha. The myoko is faster firing than the mogami at the cost of belt armor (this will be flipped next patch though which would make more sense). And then you go to the ibuki which has the same belt armor as the mogami, but fires her guns slower.

Ibuki shoots the same as the Mogami, but with a longer turret turn time. Apart from that, it's just better aa and torpedoes, which are pretty minor upgrades.

OSad
Feb 29, 2012

God, the Nagato's DPM looks terrible, having just eight guns seems to really cripple the girl. The Kongou's only seven spaces below it!

I want to see how this'll look when they add in American battletubs.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

OSad posted:

God, the Nagato's DPM looks terrible, having just eight guns seems to really cripple the girl. The Kongou's only seven spaces below it!

I want to see how this'll look when they add in American battletubs.

The problem is what she gets from stepping up in caliber isn't nearly as much as the Pensacola gets from a similar drop in dpm. Her shells are more effective per point of raw damage but not by that much.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

xthetenth posted:

The problem is what she gets from stepping up in caliber isn't nearly as much as the Pensacola gets from a similar drop in dpm. Her shells are more effective per point of raw damage but not by that much.
I wonder if the new armour changes + addition of US BBs will make the jump from 14 to 16 inchers more noticeable.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Insert name here posted:

I wonder if the new armour changes + addition of US BBs will make the jump from 14 to 16 inchers more noticeable.

Hopefully, the 16s currently feel a bit limp and it really should make an immediate multiple km in immune zone difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
gently caress! Sometimes I just can't loving understand this RNG bullshit. I can never hit anything long range with m y Nagato. Its ridiculous. Its not that I have bad aim or anything like that. If it was a matter of sucking at aiming, I wouldn't care as much. But when every single fuckign shot is perfectly aimed for the middle of the ship, but all god drat shells hit water on both sides of the ship its just infuriating. What pisses me off the most is when I'm fighting another Nagato at long range, and while my shots just land on both side, his hit non-stop.

:argh::argh::argh::argh::argh: