Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
this is dumb

Anyone know more about that Terra Former game? Looks like a cheap n' clunky 3D brawler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
have you guys seen this thing called the 3ds

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Monkey Fracas posted:

Looks like a cheap n' clunky 3D brawler.

That's what a it is, which is appropriate. It's been out in Japan for a while, sold like 3000 copies and was never heard of again. A tragedy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw0FR5MBVp0

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Saoshyant posted:

That's what a it is, which is appropriate. It's been out in Japan for a while, sold like 3000 copies and was never heard of again. A tragedy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw0FR5MBVp0

True Art this anime is

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Louisgod posted:

lmao I did that to see if he'd post it and he did.

Yup you are a true genius absolutely.

:jerkbag:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Louisgod posted:

lmao I did that to see if he'd post it and he did.

I remember when you were a mod.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

raditts posted:

I remember when you were a mod.

Why was he a mod?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

the 3DS is good

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Was Louisgod the weirdo who ordered a bunch of beef jerky online? I think I remember reading about that. hosed up if true.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Games › New Nintendo 3DS Chat: Goons practicing Gooning.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

littleorv posted:

Was Louisgod the weirdo who ordered a bunch of beef jerky online? I think I remember reading about that. hosed up if true.

realtalk that jerky is loving good

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
yeah I can't in good conscience be mad at anyone about jerky.

is the good jerky still available, actually?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yea he's got a thread in sa mart still

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

My imported copy of the sequel to Hotel Dusk finally came in. Feels good to finally get to play the sequel to a game I really liked 5 years after its original release.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

littleorv posted:

My imported copy of the sequel to Hotel Dusk finally came in. Feels good to finally get to play the sequel to a game I really liked 5 years after its original release.

I liked that then forgot about it and never finished it and now I have no idea where it is. :(

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

littleorv posted:

It's a great game.

I miss Cing.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It bums me out that we'll never get another game with Kyle Hyde. It was nice to see him as a trophy in Brawl though

rip cing

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The two Another Code games were decent as well, though the first was a bit short and I think has an impossible puzzle now if you have a newer DS revision due to only working on an OG DS.

Huh, Cing made Glass Rose for Capcom, I should have guessed.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Help Im Alive posted:

It bums me out that we'll never get another game with Kyle Hyde. It was nice to see him as a trophy in Brawl though

rip cing

I maintain hope in my heart that Nintendo revives that series. It's me, I am the biggest fool in this thread.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Apparently they made another DS game that never got released in the UK called 'Again', has anyone played it and if so is it worth tracking down?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

One of the cool things about those games is that they used real people for the art

I'm gonna travel to all of the worst hotels in the United States until I find the real Kyle Hyde

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

One of the cool things about those games is that they used real people for the art

I'm gonna travel to all of the worst hotels in the United States until I find the real Kyle Hyde

That's super cool. I always like how they did the portrait art for the characters.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

My college roommate and I bought a bunch of that jerky and split the cost but then I ate it all and never paid him back.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Sakurazuka posted:

The two Another Code games were decent as well, though the first was a bit short and I think has an impossible puzzle now if you have a newer DS revision due to only working on an OG DS.
The one on the Wii sucked so much. I liked the first one though and Hotel Dusk/Last Window are pretty great.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Tender Bender posted:

My college roommate and I bought a bunch of that jerky and split the cost but then I ate it all and never paid him back.

You should pay him back, man.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Can someone link me to where I can get this jerky? I'm having mad cravings right now.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

https://www.bigjohnsbeefjerky.com

i didn't save the SA thread

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Tender Bender posted:

you dick

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

Tender Bender posted:

hosed up if true.

How necessary is gem crafting in Xenoblade? I just finished the Xord fight, and realized I could fast travel, and went back to the gem crafter. I have shitloads of mats and it's all kind of overwhelming now. If I've been doing fine just using the Collectopedia gems will I be fine in the future, or do I need to dig into crafting more?

pizza valentine fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Apr 24, 2015

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Tender Bender posted:

hosed up

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

zip zop zoobitybop posted:

hosed up if true.

How necessary is gem crafting in Xenoblade? I just finished the Xord fight, and realized I could fast travel, and went back to the gem crafter. I have shitloads of mats and it's all kind of overwhelming now. If I've been doing fine just using the Collectopedia gems will I be fine in the future, or do I need to dig into crafting more?

If you want to just throw away all that stuff and never craft at all you'll be fine. I did it personally but I hated it and if I ever replay the game I probably will ignore it entirely.

Gem crafting is only needed for post game super boss stuff.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

on the one hand: wow rude

on the other hand, I would have done the same. Jerky owns.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is the xenoblade port good

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Do you like concentrated epic, mega win?

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The game itself if great. They halfassed basically everything to do with the lower screen though.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

can i buy a wii xenoblade copy for nonretarded prices now or has that not changed

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Awesome! posted:

can i buy a wii xenoblade copy for nonretarded prices now or has that not changed

Since only collectors pay those prices other releases don't really affect them, Earthbound and Suikoden 2 still go for stupid money for instance.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Awesome! posted:

Psst. I got a copy for sale.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

na region? pm me with how much you're looking for i'm leaving work shortly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Hey was Soma Bringer for the DS any good