Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

But what does the ribbon mean?

This is an important issue of our times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Raxivace posted:

But what does the ribbon mean?

This is an important issue of our times.

Capitalism

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Probably the evils of immigrants or something, if I remember the Dail Mail's political leaning correctly.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Nope, pancake reference.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i've done my research and its actually a pop punk band for angry 11 year old girls

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

:eyepop:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

hahahahahahahahaha

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Imagine bring the editor that gave the okay to run that story.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Imagine a world where that is a popular fashion trend... We can make that world happen.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

graybook posted:

Imagine bring the editor that gave the okay to run that story.

It's a pretty good excuse to put titties in your newspaper

and last I heard titties sold newspapers

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015
A Google search for "hestia ribbon" puts articles from the Daily Mail, Daily Mirror, London Metro and UK Cosmo websites on the first page.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Hadaka Apron posted:

A Google search for "hestia ribbon" puts articles from the Daily Mail, Daily Mirror, London Metro and UK Cosmo websites on the first page.

I can't wait for the next fashion show to showcase the Hestia ribbon. Its just one step away.

e: I just noticed the Spanish metro article pic has an article talking about goku on the bottom. :v:

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Apr 22, 2015

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

I'm really glad this show exists now

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Heh. Niponas.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Hadaka Apron posted:

Aren't they all owned by the same megacorporation, that'd explain it

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Captain Invictus posted:

Shhhh. If you pretend it's not bullshit media clickbait, it might blossom into a real thing. And who doesn't want boobie ribbons everywhere?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Captain Invictus posted:

News Corp owns most papers here, I don't think The Mirror though since it's one of the few left(of centre) wing papers still going.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Apr 23, 2015

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
The supporter system and the benefit of not soloing the dungeon don't seem all that clear in the anime, where dead mobs just kind of poof into smoke. Oh well.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Freaking griefers, trying to loot my poo poo at the last second. Let's see how you carry my drops when you're dying of dysentery and all manner of plagues.

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:

darkgray posted:

The supporter system and the benefit of not soloing the dungeon don't seem all that clear in the anime, where dead mobs just kind of poof into smoke. Oh well.

I assume that the benefit of having a supporter is like having a pack mule, that giant backpack allows them to carry way more supplies then an average adventurer, and you can loot a lot more monsters and items from the dungeon because you have the "inventory space" for it. And having an extra set of eyes that could alert you if you missed something in the dungeon, or are about to be ambushed and get crushed into paste. Supports seems like a good thing to have around. Do they explain the benefits of a support better in the light novel?

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Quincytbb posted:

I assume that the benefit of having a supporter is like having a pack mule, that giant backpack allows them to carry way more supplies then an average adventurer, and you can loot a lot more monsters and items from the dungeon because you have the "inventory space" for it. And having an extra set of eyes that could alert you if you missed something in the dungeon, or are about to be ambushed and get crushed into paste. Supports seems like a good thing to have around. Do they explain the benefits of a support better in the light novel?

In the anime, defeated monsters disappear, leaving behind the crystal. In the manga and ln, defeated monsters just lay there, and you have to hack out the crystal. So the support hacks those things out for the adventurer, in addition to moving corpses out of the way so they don't slip on monster guts or something.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

is that david the loving gnome

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Wasn't David the Gnome weirdly popular in Japan? I feel like there was a western cartoon of that sort that gained surprising popularity over there.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
So has Purm been explained as a race and I missed it or?

pnumoman posted:

In the anime, defeated monsters disappear, leaving behind the crystal. In the manga and ln, defeated monsters just lay there, and you have to hack out the crystal. So the support hacks those things out for the adventurer, in addition to moving corpses out of the way so they don't slip on monster guts or something.
I assume that monster in the wall didn't immediately get dusted on strike to make that scene work as it did in the book

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Apr 25, 2015

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

ConanThe3rd posted:

So has Purm been explained as a race and I missed it or?

Nope. I have no idea what that's supposed to mean either because the context doesn't really give much.

I liked this episode a lot. A lot less dumb harem antics (it probably helped that Hestia had only 30 seconds of screen time) which they replaced with Bell gettin' a shiny new armor set that looks pretty rad, a new character that wasn't annoying, and an interesting twist added to an existing character.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
The "Parum" (Prum?) race was originally called "hobbit" in the novels, but for reasons unknown, it was changed in later editions printed (and subsequent volumes). As you can imagine, it's a race of small humanoids. Lili is 110cm in stature, according to her character sheet, which is what, 3 ft 7 in?

The word "parum" supposedly means very little, insufficient in Latin, so maybe that's where he took it.

Chienthropes are dog-like humanoids. Some combination of the French "chien" (dog) and "lycanthrope" (werewolf), I guess.

There are werewolves and "cat people" and dwarves and elves as well.

Edit: Oh, and sprites, I guess. Or fairies or whatever. And amazons! And gnomes, obviously. Probably more I've forgotten.

darkgray fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Apr 25, 2015

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Most of the other races show up on Ais' side of the story.

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

darkgray posted:

The "Parum" (Prum?) race was originally called "hobbit" in the novels, but for reasons unknown, it was changed in later editions printed (and subsequent volumes). As you can imagine, it's a race of small humanoids. Lili is 110cm in stature, according to her character sheet, which is what, 3 ft 7 in?

Legal reasons I imagine, a lot of things like D&D seem to go with halfling instead as well. At least I've always assumed that's why anyway.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ViggyNash posted:

Nope. I have no idea what that's supposed to mean either because the context doesn't really give much.

I liked this episode a lot. A lot less dumb harem antics (it probably helped that Hestia had only 30 seconds of screen time) which they replaced with Bell gettin' a shiny new armor set that looks pretty rad, a new character that wasn't annoying, and an interesting twist added to an existing character.

Yo don't be hating on Shortstack. She's fun and brings a lot of energy to the show. Also "a lot less dumb harem antics" is kind of the opposite of what actually happened in this episode.

Anyway, Bell's armor looks cool, but the green bracer clashes pretty badly. I hope that's a sign that he'll be in the classic MMO clown suit by the end of the show.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

l33tc4k30fd00m posted:

Legal reasons I imagine, a lot of things like D&D seem to go with halfling instead as well. At least I've always assumed that's why anyway.

Yeah Tolkien Jr. is (rightly or wrongly) quite litigious when it comes to his father's estate.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

chumbler posted:

Yo don't be hating on Shortstack. She's fun and brings a lot of energy to the show. Also "a lot less dumb harem antics" is kind of the opposite of what actually happened in this episode.

Anyway, Bell's armor looks cool, but the green bracer clashes pretty badly. I hope that's a sign that he'll be in the classic MMO clown suit by the end of the show.

I guess it was more like "less eggregious and annoying harem antics". The date with Eina was made better by the fact that the armor he bought was pretty cool. That bracer does clash pretty badly though.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

chumbler posted:

Will anything beat Kirito's +9 Spurs of The Speed Force in the MMO Clown Suit in Anime pantheon?

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Apr 25, 2015

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
This meme makes me mad. Not because of the uniboob, but because the BBC-hating Nazi apologists at the Daily Mail apparently wield influence.

Even if it's all among desperate women from The Midlands or something.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Craptacular! posted:

This meme makes me mad. Not because of the uniboob, but because the BBC-hating Nazi apologists at the Daily Mail apparently wield influence.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Craptacular! posted:

i would have thought that the amount of daily mail readers who are racist cunts would be a better indicator of that

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i cant believe there are no portuguese articles on that ribbon crap

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

woah....

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Now the bears.

Adbot