Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

CommonShore posted:

Joe Rogan open-fingered gloves rant spotted!

e. If Santos gets the belt this will be fight of the year.

It was the first round, it should have been a no contest and it looks like it was

But jesus that was the most hosed up reffing I've seen in a long long time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

hahahaha askren is loving pissssed

This loving promo jesus christ I love Ben Askren

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
14-0-1

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Yuriy posted:

It was the first round, it should have been a no contest and it looks like it was

But jesus that was the most hosed up reffing I've seen in a long long time

Yeah. I was just praying that he called Santos by DQ.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

On the bright side, that counts as a fight on Ben's contract

The entire shitshow is here for now : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osMPND3aWPg

Yuriy fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Apr 24, 2015

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Smart move for Sapo to get blinded as soon as he got taken down because that was the end of the road for him either way

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Anyone excited for any of the matches on Invicta tonight?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

i guess peggy morgan is cool

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Smart move for Sapo to get blinded as soon as he got taken down because that was the end of the road for him either way

Sapo only went down because of the poke. This was looking like Esparza vs Joanna and I'm sad that Sapo didn't get to finish.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
i don't know if i've ever seen askren fight before that, but he looks bad instead of good

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

david carmichael posted:

i don't know if i've ever seen askren fight before that, but he looks bad instead of good

he stated after the fight that his plan was to look really bad until Sapo got tired, and then look good

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
i shall dive at his feet face first, thus exhausting him and eventually defeating him via tko (headbutts to shins)

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

he stated after the fight that his plan was to look really bad until Sapo got tired, and then look good

sounds solid

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Cro Cop purposely spent 2 rounds looking bad against Gonzaga before he decided to look good in the 3rd, so the strategy checks out.

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

david carmichael posted:

Yeah, his takedowns looked sloppy as hell and he got thrown a couple times even when he did manage to swim in. A Shameful Wrestler.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Ah yes lets use a fight that lasted a few minutes before bullshit to gauge how good the wrestler known for his gas tank did

yall have no faith in the funk

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
it was weird when Askren was just hanging out on his rear end not reacting to the soccer kick that nearly decapitated him, I'm interested in the rematch now

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Or it could be that Askren finally fought someone who could sprawl worth a gently caress and he has nothing else to offer.

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

Pretty much everything that happens between 0:46 - 0:59 is funny.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Yuriy posted:

Ah yes lets use a fight that lasted a few minutes before bullshit to gauge how good the wrestler known for his gas tank did

yall have no faith in the funk

I'm not saying it isn't still likely Askren would've ended up winning that fight but up until the bullshit that fight was downright Esparzian and you're lying if you say it's not hilarious

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Ben Askren is the new Jake Shields

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
does askren train full time, and if so does he have real coaches or is he doing wrestling against furniture

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
He is Roufusport's wrestling coach and has helped improve the takedown defense of Anthony Pettis lmao

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

CarlCX posted:

I'm not saying it isn't still likely Askren would've ended up winning that fight but up until the bullshit that fight was downright Esparzian and you're lying if you say it's not hilarious

i like this term

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
After pertis got beat by guida they knew they needed someone equally as boring and one dimensional for pettis to train against.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I would much rather get into a fist fight with Ben Askren than either Jake Shields or Clay Guida.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

CarlCX posted:

Gassy Brazilian has brief flurry of dominance in beginning of fight

Subsequently gets wrestled into paste

Gee whiz

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

It's cute that a bunch of nay-sayers are using 2 minutes of a botched fight to somehow justify their stance of hating the funk

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Yuriy posted:

Gee whiz

yet you vocally support Vitor against Weidman every time it is brought up without fail.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

acai moonsault posted:

yet you vocally support Vitor against Weidman every time it is brought up without fail.

yury is p dumb, hth

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

acai moonsault posted:

i like vitor

LobsterMobster posted:

yury is p dumb, hth

well gently caress you too

Yuriy fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Apr 24, 2015

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Stupid ugly yuriy

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

i like ben askren but he looked bad in that fight. if you want to find a positive out of that video you can assume askren is a clean fighter and that guy was not, in that case ben did well considering he was at a disadvantage.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

i dont feel there was enough fight to make definitive statements about anything

henkman posted:

Stupid ugly yuriy

you make these bitchy little posts every time i post, its kind of sad

especially because im hard pressed to find a point where you made an informative, funny or somehow useful post in the mma forum

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Yuriy posted:

You can use this logic for nearly any match if you try hard enough. I don't think this makes your case look any better if you're being serious.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Bubba Smith posted:

You can use this logic for nearly any match if you try hard enough. I don't think this makes your case look any better if you're being serious.

i am serious because it was what, 3 minutes of fighting interrupted by a thumb to the eye and the ensuing shenanigans

we have no idea how the rest of the fight would have gone because sapo's ability to defend those takedowns would diminish with his gas and it's not like he did any damage to askren

he spent the fight defending TDs and reversing them but no one did any damage till the eye poke

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Askren got dropped by a leg kick

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Yuriy posted:

especially because im hard pressed to find a point where you made an informative, funny or somehow useful post in the mma forum

:ironicat:

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Yuriy posted:

Yuriy posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

As fun as it was to watch Askren get sprawled on and tossed to the floor, Brazil Man did appear to be tiring from Ben's pace. Maybe he would have landed something big on Askren before he started giving up takedowns, but the tired man could've just as easily started to get wrest upon. I can see Yiury's point about this fight being indicative of nothing.