Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
I'm actually in Denver visiting my brother.

It was Hellsau.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Hellsau posted:

It was Hellsau.

I told you.

Huge grin!

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Apr 24, 2015

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Hellsau posted:

It was Hellsau.

Did you break the keyboard?

Zanziabar
Oct 31, 2010
Can't seem to get OMC to work. I go for the whole re-configure option but keeps coming up with "These WoT versions is not supported by the OMC Modpack". I'm assuming everyone is having success installing the individual mods rather than being lazy like me and running the installer.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
Bought the CDC and played one round before I remembered that I hadn't updated any mods for 9.7.

Holy gently caress, I'd forgotten how bad this game is unmodded. Down to the random camera shake just to throw off your aim (with mods I remove the camera shake but leave on dynamic camera for the stabilization) and the complete lack of the ability to disable scrolling between first and third person - is one loving checkbox really that hard WG?

The game actively works against the player until you muzzle it with mods.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

:siren:Here's a link to a preliminary version of my modpack.:siren:

It mostly works, but some known issues are J1mb0's crosshair is currently bugged and won't track the number of shells autoloaders have in their clips, and Locastan hasn't updated his session stats for 9.7 yet. If those issues get fixed I'll put out a new version.

You need to install these fonts too.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Apr 24, 2015

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

RanKizama posted:

Everytime I come across [CIA] in their T-127's I see like one good player (Blue/Purple) and two bad players (Orange/Red) so I've never had a problem with them. Then again, I always pack like 12 APCR rounds in my Pz38(t) with three crew skills so....yeah... :haw:

Check their tank stats though; all of their "good" stats come from the T-127 and they're poo poo in every other tank. Wrecking those retards is especially satisfying. :feelsgood:

Blindeye posted:

Thanks! I didn't realize until I saw my stats how much better I have done in the t-46 's the American mediums (60% wins vs 45%). I think for that reason I'll keep the t-46 and t-28 because they are pretty fun, but I am getting rid of my T2/M2 the second I can because they're rubbish tanks, though the M2 "shines" in maps with lots of cover against lighter armor as I now realize.

The T-46 and M2 MT are worth keeping (I have both) but the other tanks you mentioned are mediocre. There are keeper tanks at every tier; when we eventually meet up in-game or on TS I'll go over them in more detail.

RanKizama posted:

I have a legitimate issue with the new Tier 1-3 anti-clubbing feature. I'm all for cutting down on seal-clubbing, but the last German tank in the game that I have to kill is the Tier II Pz.I. That tank is already goddamn impossible to come across and no experienced player is ever going to drive it. What the hell am I gonna do now to get my Kill-All-Krauts medal?

I have one, it's not terrible when you realize it gets super-pref MM (only sees tier 2 max.) There are a few other super-pref 2s, but the simple thing would be to just count-in with someone in that tank until you get the on the other team.

BadLlama posted:

Really the only mod I hate to play without is my view range circle mod and my sixth sense Fry face.

Sixth Sense Boobs are better. :colbert:

Babe Magnet posted:

uh actually, he's super good at this game and it's all his team's fault that he keeps getting owned, why else would he be yelling at the top of his lungs at 11 pm in the evening at his teammates and constantly pointing out everything they do wrong???

Out of curiosity, could you share his IGN with us?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

McGavin posted:

:siren:Here's a link to a preliminary version of my modpack.:siren:

It mostly works, but some known issues are J1mb0's crosshair is currently bugged and won't track the number of shells autoloaders have in their clips, and Locastan hasn't updated his session stats for 9.7 yet. If those issues get fixed I'll put out a new version.

You need to install these fonts too.

So, is "Automatically return crew" a new feature or one of the mods in your pack? Because its pretty much the greatest thing ever.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Azhais posted:

So, is "Automatically return crew" a new feature or one of the mods in your pack? Because its pretty much the greatest thing ever.

I don't know. It's new though, that's for sure.

Edit: It's a mod, but I have no idea which one. It's something in OMC.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Apr 24, 2015

srb
Jul 24, 2007
It's an XVM garage feature I believe.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

If you have a Razer ID you can get a code for 1 premium day and 1 case of cola. You'll also get 3 invite codes for new players that are good for 7 premium days, 500 gold, and a T2 LT. Only the first 75,000 people can get the codes. If you don't have a Razer ID, you can sign up for one in about 30 seconds.

Here's the link: http://www.razerzone.com/wot-grand-finals-2015

Here are the invite codes I got, please quote if you take one:

92DCC-M5X82-SXBD2-YHU4V-K7537
92DCR-82G44-S65C5-299CK-GUK9B
92DCA-MTSKM-9C35W-7TTB2-U2TDF

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So the AMX 45 using the 105 firing nothing but premium ammo and abusing the 10 degrees of gun depression is actually quite good. Getting high roll damages of 400+ seems to surprise almost everyone.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

Uranium 235 posted:

If you have a Razer ID you can get a code for 1 premium day and 1 case of cola. You'll also get 3 invite codes for new players that are good for 7 premium days, 500 gold, and a T2 LT. Only the first 75,000 people can get the codes. If you don't have a Razer ID, you can sign up for one in about 30 seconds.

Here's the link: http://www.razerzone.com/wot-grand-finals-2015

Thanks for the link!

New players only

92DCR-U73TN-5YKRP-RM4B2-5YHX6
92DCZ-ZFSB5-E7A79-EGCGV-289M8
92DCT-3EAMG-C5KT7-K5XPT-VP38U

[quote="invite codes"]
INVITE CODE (FOR NEW PLAYERS) INCLUDES:
• 7 days of Premium Account
• 500 gold
• T2 Premium Light Tank + garage slot

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
More new player invite codes from the Razer promo:

92DCA-8BBUX-3RBAN-DVN26-SKP97
92DC3-PGKFN-MNYU4-3MA2C-T5PMH
92DCS-W45VW-FCKBN-W3PTT-27VF4

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

BadLlama posted:

So the AMX 45 using the 105 firing nothing but premium ammo and abusing the 10 degrees of gun depression is actually quite good. Getting high roll damages of 400+ seems to surprise almost everyone.
Yeah I hated that tank until I took the advice to use the 105 mm and shoot gold. It went from being a bad tank to an amazing tank. And with a premium account, you don't really lose many credits even shooting 100% gold.

I ended up with a 63% win rate and 2500 WN8 despite playing my first 50 battles with the stupid 90 mm and doing terribly. I might have been at 50% win rate before I mounted the 105 mm. I definitely wasn't doing much better than that.

Uranium 235 fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Apr 24, 2015

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
So that premium T-34-85 Rudy tank has a Dog crew member. That is pretty much the best thing.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

CitizenKain posted:

So that premium T-34-85 Rudy tank has a Dog crew member. That is pretty much the best thing.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Big changes coming to the global map.

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/cw/globalmap-2-details/

Some of the big changes:

quote:

Landing for All - More Provinces, More Space!
The Global Map 2.0 has a flexible architecture and, if necessary, we can extend the map to an unlimited number of provinces: two, five, or ten times more!

On the current Global Map, Clans must battle through a landing tournament to capture the province without error, spending a lot of time on battles that ultimately will not guarantee success.

Global Map 2.0, in addition to having more provinces, will introduce a new way of getting on the map. The ability to capture provinces through landing tournaments will also remain.

Choose a Vehicle Tier
The next generation of the Global Map will have regions restricted by vehicle tier, same as Skirmishes (VI, VIII, X) with the appropriate settings. Of course, province income and opportunities will also vary.

Get Set for More Action!
With the exception of past Campaigns and other Global Map events, which are less frequent due to current architectural features, the current map does not give Clans an ultimate goal.

On Global Map 2.0, a completely new architecture will be incorporated, allowing a seasonal pattern where Clans will have the opportunity to compete for special prizes each season.
Also looks like there will be more provinces total. There's some kind of weird auction system for determining who gets to attack a given province, so offsets probably won't exist anymore unless you can convince someone to outbid whoever wants to attack you. The currency will be "influence" and you gain influence by defeating other clans in clan wars and from strongholds. It also looks like the gold per province will be very high in the tier 10 area--in an image it said the average gold per province is 2250. The lower tier areas have less gold.

It will be interesting to see how this goes. I wonder how far they are from implementing this.

Uranium 235 fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Apr 24, 2015

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I wish they would have other tiers besides 6,8 and 10. A lot of my favorite vehicles are tier 7 & 9.

:golfclap:

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Apr 24, 2015

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
Is it just me or are the lower tier games hard to come by in the new system. My T-46 has been bottom-rung in tier 5 games all day long today, and my T-28 learning curve is a bit...tougher when it's all tier 6 games....

On the plus side I'm starting to get the hang of using the M2 derp gun :getin:. At the very least I can cripple big tanks to slip away or make an easy shot for another tank.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Tier 3 and 4 get shafted worse than anyone else by MM (also, I think the matchmaker has been a bit hosed since 9.7 came out).

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

CitizenKain posted:

Holy poo poo they're adding that for real? Awesome!

(4 tankmen and a dog is some classic TV)

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Zanziabar posted:

Can't seem to get OMC to work. I go for the whole re-configure option but keeps coming up with "These WoT versions is not supported by the OMC Modpack". I'm assuming everyone is having success installing the individual mods rather than being lazy like me and running the installer.

OMC is a euro clan. Someone said the patch has been delayed on the euro servers, so that's probably why they're all outdated.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

I didn't get that error from OMC when I reinstalled after 9.7 (and I re-downloaded OMC from their website) but I did crash repeatedly in every battle until I deleted my 0.9.7 mods folder, so I'd say it's definitely borked.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Valle posted:

OMC is a euro clan. Someone said the patch has been delayed on the euro servers, so that's probably why they're all outdated.

Yeah, its not being deployed on EU til Monday to work around the tournament

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

LostCosmonaut posted:

Tier 3 and 4 get shafted worse than anyone else by MM (also, I think the matchmaker has been a bit hosed since 9.7 came out).

i thought the 3-5 min waits as scout and arty are a feature not a bug!

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

GJ WGA. Remind everyone how loving lovely and unplayable your poo poo game is without heavy modification. The default interface and sights makes me want to :suicide:

e- oh and the weekend special is loving garbage too. gently caress you again, WGA.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

WayAbvPar posted:

GJ WGA. Remind everyone how loving lovely and unplayable your poo poo game is without heavy modification. The default interface and sights makes me want to :suicide:

e- oh and the weekend special is loving garbage too. gently caress you again, WGA.

It is insane how truly awful the standard interface is. Must have been a dozen times a game where I looked down at the minimap only to curse WG because I couldn't tell who was where and how far they were vs me and how close to draw distance they were. Ugh so loving awful.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

http://aslain.com/index.php?/topic/13-096-97-aslains-xvm-mod-modpack-installer-wpreview-v430-24-04-2015/

Aslain's has a preliminary modpack out, it doesn't have quite everything, but it's mostly complete and has pretty much everything I care about.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
The amount of people I see whining when they have 100 damage and 0 kills that the team isn't carrying them is staggering today :psyduck:

And also people who have retarded winrate% mods enabled and drown themselves/suicide at the start of the round because "well we were going to lose anyway". Ugh

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

I'm really appreciating the SU-152 now that I'm using the 122mm. Just churning out damage which is frankly unfair in tier 7 matches. I just had a match with three top tier 7s. I didn't even need my team-mates as anything other than meatshields.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

R. Mute posted:

I didn't even need my team-mates as anything other than meatshields.

This is as it should be.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
So I was looking at my stats on VBaddict just out of idle curiosity, and discovered this:

It appears I'm a filthy stat-padder! :confuoot:

Zanziabar
Oct 31, 2010
I'm simply not grognardy enough to know intrinsically the view range of each tank and how that would visually appear on my mini map without extensive mods. Further, playing this game without a gunsight zoom is frankly horrendous. Ah well, a forced week off tanks can't be a bad thing.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

So after months off, I hopped into a game, clicked a bunch of tanks before I died to a mistake I acknowledge was my fault and am not angry about and watched as our tag team of tanks managed the endgame perfectly to take us to a nice win.

I'm not going to press my luck.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
The SU85 is awful. I honestly think it might be one of the worst tier 5s. Its view range and HP combo makes it nearly impossible to do anything on your own.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
So I was thinking of buying the T-54 proto just to train my crew. Looking at it in Tank Inspector, it seems to be a much slower, slightly better armored T-44. In other words, a useless piece of poo poo. Can anyone confirm/deny?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

rex rabidorum vires posted:

The SU85 is awful. I honestly think it might be one of the worst tier 5s. Its view range and HP combo makes it nearly impossible to do anything on your own.

The Pz Sfl IVc would like a word

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Azhais posted:

The Pz Sfl IVc would like a word

60 meters more view range with two 88s that both have much better alpha, aim time, and pen with similar if not better DPM. Depending on traverse the short 88 at tier 5 seems fairly crazy.

Edit: Active binocs on the 85 hits 350 view range. Which is barely enough to make up the difference...never mind Binos on the toaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

So I was thinking of buying the T-54 proto just to train my crew. Looking at it in Tank Inspector, it seems to be a much slower, slightly better armored T-44. In other words, a useless piece of poo poo. Can anyone confirm/deny?

It's a bad Type 59 that also gets full MM. I wouldn't compare it to the T-44 since that's practically a light tank while the T-54P thinks it's a heavy (it's not; you can tell from how it has a gun that's two tiers old).

The easiest way to handle Russian crew training is to just run a new set through the Churchill until they've got sixth sense.