Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I finally have the wheel, phew. Now I hope I actually like the move set after all that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

i wasnt feeling the 1h moveset but the 2h owns

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

01011001 posted:

i wasnt feeling the 1h moveset but the 2h owns

what does spinning it up do? it seemed to raise the damage on it by like 3 points while rapidly draining my health

Dec 26, 2012

i think it only bumps the arcane damage? not sure

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
the daughter of the cosmos is hard I keep getting her to 25% and then she command grabs me to 0% :(

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

apropos to nothing posted:

logarius is a hard boss, I've never struggled with him like that but its one of the few fights where I feel like I can die at any moment

I just beat him solo it was hard and basically I'd you don't interrupt his channeling at 50% his attacks become uninterruptible and the fight is then impossible

Good luck

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh man Alfred, that might have been taking things a bit too far

Dec 26, 2012

arguably he didnt take things far enough

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
he's a wild and crazy guy bent on jihad

he has 72 virgin bloods

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

hubris.height posted:

I just beat him solo it was hard and basically I'd you don't interrupt his channeling at 50% his attacks become uninterruptible and the fight is then impossible

Good luck

nigga you crazy his float up and dash at you attack is like the most obviously telegraphed attack and it can be parried. just keep far back from him and go for the easy parries

Dec 26, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

nigga you crazy his float up and dash at you attack is like the most obviously telegraphed attack and it can be parried. just keep far back from him and go for the easy parries

this is what i did, to kill that one guy in ailing loran to get these sweet beast claws. it took forever though because good lord everything has so much health there

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

i dont think he can be parried if he succesfully uses his blood buff.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

i dont think he can be parried if he succesfully uses his blood buff.

this is true

if you do not interrupt that move you are gonna have a bad time

Dec 26, 2012

that one reborn slowdown is obnoxious but he's easy. only time ive capped my beasthood meter, i guess thats something

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
i didn't kill the support women on the one reborn on ng or ng+

i'm better than this game...

Dec 26, 2012

ill cop to assuming they were part of the fight and unkillable

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

01011001 posted:

that yahargul gank squad is bad news

you can kite them one by one towards the chapel lantern if you are careful. i will admit that i summoned my buddy and we did just that because they were giving me one hell of a time. i still think that the shotgun hunter and the tonitrus hunter were tougher though, just because i had not mastered the art of the game yet

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i dropped down from the roof with the item on and visceral attacked the shotgun/tonitrus dudes and only had to fight them one at a time

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the forbidden woods is my favourite area in any game ever. its sooooo big

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

the forbidden woods is my favourite area in any game ever. its sooooo big

it just keeps going and going and going. it's so cool

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Do not release Bloodborne for PC

quote:

PC gamers are bunch of elitist douche bags. They don't deserve this PS4 exclusive. If they want to play Bloodborne they should buy a PS4 like gentlemen.
lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Signed. Always willing to throw my lot in for a worth cause.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The wheel 1 handed charge attack is comically strong

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I maintain the beast claw is the best weapon. 2 handed beast mode just wrecks everything and the offhand hits will stagger most enemy attacks. I was fighting Vicar Amelia today using Ludwig's sword infused with a firegem, then halfway through switched to the claws, and started doing way more damage at a faster rate.

Dec 26, 2012

i just got the claws but drat if they aren't alteady my favorite. holy sword is probably stronger though

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

01011001 posted:

that yahargul gank squad is bad news

cowards way:
blue elixer, sneak up on middle guy for the kill, run to lamp and hide
sneak down left stairs on lightning woman for the kill, run to lamp and hide
sneak down right wall behind cannon guy for the kill

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

01011001 posted:

i just got the claws but drat if they aren't alteady my favorite. holy sword is probably stronger though

It depends on the enemy because the holy sword is great for arcane scaling, but in terms of DPS I think the claws got them beat.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
micolash fight is so good jesus

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

micolash fight is so good jesus

I love a good gimmick fight

Dec 26, 2012

seiferguy posted:

It depends on the enemy because the holy sword is great for arcane scaling, but in terms of DPS I think the claws got them beat.

im mostly thinking relative to things like range, sweep aoe, etc. holy sword has a lot of versatility to back it up that the claws dont

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

there's nothing missable in this game outside of the alfred and Eileen quests and the items in hypogean gaol right?

Dec 26, 2012

there's nothing missable in this game outside of the alfred and Eileen quests and the items in hypogean gaol right?

umbilical cords

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

i guess you could probably miss the red/white ribbons, the blood consumables, and maybe some runes but that's about it I think

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
you can miss sending villagers to a safe spot.

Edit: maybe you can miss the gunpowder/saw hunter badge.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

01011001 posted:

umbilical cords

Ah those too. I've got three in this run so I'm good. I'm looking forward to checking out the upper cathedral area, I missed that on my first file

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
those are just intended to be eaten right? cause i just did that and i am looking forward to the super boss

ariannas baby made me lol really hard

that boss fight where you chase that retard through a castle is like my favorite fight

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

if you don't have the cannon yet you're playing wrong. holy poo poo i love popping a pellet and doing a 1/4 bar+ worth of damage to basically any boss.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i haven't used it on a boss yet but when i use it on the npc hunters it does like no damage i'm kinda disappointed

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

hubris.height posted:

i haven't used it on a boss yet but when i use it on the npc hunters it does like no damage i'm kinda disappointed

are you close enough? the range is deceptive. also are you using bone marrow ash and have you leveled it up to like 6 or higher?

i hit celestial emissary for 40% of his life bar with one volley. would have two shotted him if one of his mooks didn't step in front of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i'll give it a shot next time i attempt the daught of cosmos