Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

on the computer
Jan 4, 2012

Does anyone else get really bad audio stuttering? My game runs just fine but the sound shits the bed as soon as any action occurs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

clockworkjoe posted:

What does support penetration actually mean? It goes over 100% so do you do more damage after the pellets go through an enemy or does it mean you can go through more than one target? I.E at 200% it can go through 2 zeds at full damage or something like that.

It means going through multiple zeds. So a high level Support can use the alt fire on the double barrel and just completely smear zeds down a hallway

Also people need to use grenades more in this game cause the slowmotion gib rain is breathtaking

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Apr 25, 2015

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS
Speaking of, what triggers zed time? Dead zeds? Head shots? Or is it random?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Just got to level 10 medic and I have to say that Armorer is amazing.

The lost healing is pretty unnoticeable due to the fact that you already have boosted healing. And I'll admit the armor on the darts/syringe isn't great. Where it really shines is the fact that Armorer applies to your medic grenades. Having a healing cloud that restores health AND armor is actually pretty baller and amazing when face-tanking Scrakes and Fleshpounds.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I feel like all these gifs of heads exploding is a very important part of Killing Floor 2. But there is something that I am not seeing in this thread and I need to correct that.

who wants a little dosh

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Section Z posted:

I admit, as a filthy casual who can't consistently headshot the same target so good, I eagerly await the sharpshooter coming out to watch the divide between the true pro headclickers (not me), and people who THINK they are pro headclickers having a meltdown over how hard a time they have headclicking spinning scrakes.

As someone who could reliably headshot scrakes in KF1 on suicidal and make Alteisen scream at me to reveal my secrets, my body is ready. :smug:

I've noticed there's a lot more spread with these guns compared to KF1 so I am a little cautious. :ohdear:

Also everyone's pretty much voiced the things that I've noticed the most, Hans needing a sign that he's invulnerable/resistant (a shield would be great), Medic bugged to not be able to heal himself if he's above 100%, teleporting zeds, but I think mouse sensitivity during zed time is a little too high, especially compared to KF1. It's a great opportunity to whip around and make sure nothing's coming up behind you but it's so fast sometimes I spin around 360 degrees.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Hm, I seem to keep losing connection when I'm down to the last 10 zeds for the first wave.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Lacklustre Hero posted:

Does anyone else get really bad audio stuttering? My game runs just fine but the sound shits the bed as soon as any action occurs

Nope, game has run flawlessly save for a little lag when I had maxdeadbodies at 50, we camped in the same spot, and it got really chaotic. I since knocked it down to 25 and have had zero lag. I haven't had any audio issues.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
So, it turns out, I'm bad at berserking. I can't get the hang of parrying down in a big mob. Running in swinging frantically with the shovel or hammer works...okay if there's a medic glued to me and I'm playing normal, but there has to be a better way to do it.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
The only thing you really need to parry are scrakes, FP, and Hans. Occasionally you can parry gorefasts but it's usually better to go all out and do hit and run attacks. Run in attack and then leave when things start surrounding you. Also lag can make parrying difficult so it just comes down to tapping the parry button and hoping for the best at times.

The big hurdle is hitting the head as each swing animation is slightly different and enemy animations can make it difficult.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Alkydere posted:

The lost healing is pretty unnoticeable due to the fact that you already have boosted healing. And I'll admit the armor on the darts/syringe isn't great. Where it really shines is the fact that Armorer applies to your medic grenades. Having a healing cloud that restores health AND armor is actually pretty baller and amazing when face-tanking Scrakes and Fleshpounds.

Armorer is amazing, even a little bit of armor can mitigate damage, huge help on the big poo poo and Hans.

Got to level 15 zerk, at 6/15 I can actually outrun Hans, I almost killed him solo with 4 people in the room but got confident I was far enough from the nades he threw and took a ton of damage.

Really, really hope you guys address the teleporting poo poo, standing your ground in a particular area is drat near impossible now on higher difficulties, having zeds just pop in front of you when you're kiting is total bullshit

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Haha had a game earlier on ~Goon Squad~ that resulted in 5 of us dying to one Scrake cause we decided to bunch up on a corner. No one saw that coming at all!

I can't decide if I want Supplier or 20% extra ammo. Supplier is great especially if you've got other supports on your team and/or people love throwing grenades, but I really notice the loss of extra ammo in those longer waves.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

open bmrf.me:8100 - suicidal, long. Got 3 people, looking for more

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Soloed my way to hans as level 16 support on suicidal. Then a level 2 commando joined for the boss fight and we got destroyed.

Health must adjust for number of players because I could down an fp with two grenades at his feet and one drum of aa12.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Ramsus posted:

Soloed my way to hans as level 16 support on suicidal. Then a level 2 commando joined for the boss fight and we got destroyed.

Health must adjust for number of players because I could down an fp with two grenades at his feet and one drum of aa12.

It is, like it did in KF2. An easy way to notice is just on hard, you can kill an average clot with a pistol headshot and a gun bash unless there's two or more people having fun too.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ramsus posted:

It does, a solo FP takes 2 hammer hits on normal, in a full room it takes a full clip.

On Suicidal with 6 people Scrakes take like 12 hammer hits, its nuts.

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013
Welp, just beat Goon Squad on hard. Better up the difficulty to suicidal. :gibs:

Insert name here posted:

Haha had a game earlier on ~Goon Squad~ that resulted in 5 of us dying to one Scrake cause we decided to bunch up on a corner. No one saw that coming at all!

We were doing great until we weren't.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Theta Zero posted:

It is, like it did in KF2. An easy way to notice is just on hard, you can kill an average clot with a pistol headshot and a gun bash unless there's two or more people having fun too.

Yeah, I only say that because earlier in the thread someone says it didn't.

Stink Fuck Rob
Nov 22, 2006
I HAVEN'T BATHED SINCE DECEMBER 4, 2009. ARE U READY FOR A STINK FUCK????

Insert name here posted:

I can't decide if I want Supplier or 20% extra ammo. Supplier is great especially if you've got other supports on your team and/or people love throwing grenades, but I really notice the loss of extra ammo in those longer waves.
Buy up 80 rounds for your AA-12, then switch to supplier. You can only change classes/perks once per wave so it's not something you can do often, but it's worth it.

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao
Do the enemy/boss health scale up if you have more people in your party? If you play shorthanded (like 3 people on a team instead of 6) are the enemies easier to kill or the same?

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Just FYI - I figured out tonight it's not just specific perk bugs, but you can refresh every perk(switch off medic armor, you get new armor mid round.) You can switch off Supplier, get higher ammo on Support, then switch back and you keep the max ammo.. and every time you do this, your team can take more ammo, and you can do this an infinite amount of times a round, so infinite ammo for your team if you feel like doing it. You can use the +5 carrying capacity on Support, then switch to another perk and keep it. This works for everything, and if one perk offers a benefit that increases capacity/armor or whatever, you can take it first and switch off to keep it. There is going to be a lot of goofy min/maxing til this is fixed lmao.

You can do really dumb combos like having every single medic gun at once now or having a scar and aa12 on a Commando

Akumos fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Apr 25, 2015

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Ramsus posted:

Yeah, I only say that because earlier in the thread someone says it didn't.

I appear to have been totally wrong about things I read before the beta came out that I assumed were still true :v: Though since I've only been poking at normal I only really noticed when Hans was around since Clot heads seem to still pop just as easily in solo normal as they do several players normal. I'd believe Scrake and Fleshpounds getting tougher even on normal but things tend to be a bit to chaotic for me to compare exactly (and I'm just shooting them from a safer distance unlike berserkers).

Man, does scrake/FP Aggro work on total damage or percentage of their health done or what? I never really could get my head around the variable health situation on them in KF1 for some reason.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Apr 25, 2015

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Section Z posted:

Man, does scrake/FP Aggro work on total damage or percentage of their health done or what? I never really could get my head around the variable health situation on them in KF1 for some reason.

I think there are a number of variables including range.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
The game is currently 20-25% off with a coupon on Greenmangaming, and I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger. The only issue is that I'm from Germany, and it's highly likely that the German version will end up being censored (Tripwire has stated they will do this for the final release). Does anyone know if Greenmangaming sends out "European" keys or if it's even more regional than that (i.e. country by country)?

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Just had my first 'real' Hans win on Paris. You know, where it wasn't just the last guy kiting his final form for 10 minutes. Pretty much all we did was stand in the street at the top of those stairs and play ring around the ambulance with him. He's kinda like a FP, as long as you can easily break line of sight he's not that bad. All on Normal of course, I'm sure it breaks down at higher difficulties.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Oh yes. The twisted servers and what not are here. 16 player is so much more fun.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
The lighting isn't the greatest, but here's a Scrake doing the point and fist pump, and some other stuff:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Played this a bit the last 2 days (thanks to kind goon Riflen for gifting it to me). I'm really really impressed with how the game feels and I'm happy to throw dosh around again! The new boss(?) is kinda... boring I guess, I'm more used to the old running pat bastard but looks ok on my book.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

LuciferMorningstar posted:

The lighting isn't the greatest, but here's a Scrake doing the point and fist pump, and some other stuff:

Amazing. What happened to the clot in the 2nd GIF to make him cry in fear?

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Colosmicon posted:

If you want to fix that issue, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\killingfloor2\KFGame\Config and crack open DefaultInput.ini. Scroll to the end of the file and change ZoomedSensitivityScalar to 1, or whatever else you want your zoomed sensitivity changed to. Default is 0.35. There are a couple other important settings hidden down there too, like mouse acceleration (labeled bViewAccelerationEnabled).

This kind of stuff would be good to collect in the OP, a Tweaks section or something. If so add MaxDeadBodies from the KFGame.ini in your /My Documents/My Games/KillingFloor2/kfgame/config/ folder.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

MadBimber posted:

Amazing. What happened to the clot in the 2nd GIF to make him cry in fear?

Smacked him in the torso with a hammer. The second swing is what whips him out of the picture.

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."
Also is there any new content yet?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Athropos posted:

Also is there any new content yet?

Nope. Any content updates are supposed to come after the first big bugfix.

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
Anyone had any success with GMG coupon codes, because none of them work for me, even the one they sent me in the mail

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

I tried berserker for the first time last night and got halfway to level 3, playing some normal and hard matches. I have to say, I really enjoy the berserker perk, it really reminds me of the combat in Condemned: Criminal Origins, which really did melee well, mostly because the enemies had really good reactions to each hit, which kf2 has. The zeds seem to move in the direction you've struck them, etc.

I really, really wish you could change the direction of the default swing though. I wish the default swing was horizontal as opposed to vertical. I think 99% of other games that focus on melee of have a decent melee system (Dying Light, for example) have the default swing as a horizontal swipe because you're going to be mobbed. I find i'm strafing too much trying to get hor. strikes in because in the heat of the moment, I can't really "rely" on myself to land them 100% and half the time a vertical swing will pop out if I'm not already strafing too much.

I guess I should post this on the tripwire forums, but still, I wish the default swing for the zerk was horizontal. I think it would just make the class more fun. The overhead swing anyway seems like more of a power move, and if I want it, holding forward and striking is easier than holding left or right and swinging. Does anyone feel the same way?

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Finally got a break in work to play this thing. Support might beat out Commando for my most favorite class this time around. Those shotguns feel so chunky and work great with the slo-mo and animations and MEAT gore. They made me like the Benelli M4 and made it not feel like a waste of money... somehow. :black101: It loving exterminates normal zeds with one shot.

What's weird is the AA12 feels like it has no recoil with ADS and the commando assault rifles go everywhere except for the AK12.

Whittle
Sep 18, 2011

Alkydere posted:

Now THAT sounds really handy! Think I'll focus on medic for a while rather than switching like I am at the moment!

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

DeusExMachinima posted:

Finally got a break in work to play this thing. Support might beat out Commando for my most favorite class this time around. Those shotguns feel so chunky and work great with the slo-mo and animations and MEAT gore. They made me like the Benelli M4 and made it not feel like a waste of money... somehow. :black101: It loving exterminates normal zeds with one shot.

What's weird is the AA12 feels like it has no recoil with ADS and the commando assault rifles go everywhere except for the AK12.

Yeah, the AA12 is surprisingly controllable, by comparison even the medic AR is far less stable. Not that I'm complaining, though. :getin:

One fun thing that I've recently noticed is that the double-barreled actually has enough recoil to push the player back a bit, and it's strong enough to push you down stairs. That was pretty handy when I ended up face to face with a scrake at the top of the metro stairs in paris, gave him both barrels, and suddenly found myself at the bottom of the stairs.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

I love the little ground holes when the Cysts crawl out of them. They pop up and wave their arms back and forth in excitement before crawling out. :3

Also, manhole covers apparently have no weight, I saw a crawler open one when the hole first became active as a spawn point and the cover went flying like a bomb had gone off under it.

Whittle posted:

Now THAT sounds really handy! Think I'll focus on medic for a while rather than switching like I am at the moment!

Just remember that you can't heal people if they're at full health. Armorer doesn't let you heal their armor if they have full health.

That 2/3 armor per dart, or every time the nanite cloud hits is great for keeping your team in mid-range armor for longer, and even that 2/3 will shave a decent chunk of damage off of the next hit your teammate takes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Is the hammer everyone's favorite berserker weapon? I gotta say, I preferred shovel to katana when I started playing the other night but I haven't had a lot of time to explore my options in depth.