Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

smoobles posted:

I'll just stay in and be a rich white guy at home, for the approval of GBS.

Naaaaw. We still wouldn't like you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

A Spider Covets posted:

i just like mountain sports they are fun but it's sad when people die doing them

Yeah.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

You would have to be an idiot to use your money to climb Mount Everest, if any of those climbers had checked this thread beforehand they'd know that, and maybe still be alive.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

smoobles posted:

You would have to be an idiot to use your money to climb Mount Everest, if any of those climbers had checked this thread beforehand they'd know that, and maybe still be alive.

Smoobled again.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Sick of all these rich fucks climbing a mountain. When will they stop.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Fermented Tinal posted:

I'm disturbed you think concern trolling is still funny.

stop quoting him dum dum

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Why don't the regulars in this thread have a death pool for sky divers, hunting in america, scuba diving, general travel etc? What makes the danger of climbing a mountain hilarious relative to other things people that have disposable incomes do to enjoy their lives?

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8bV9iNStEI

Someone find some avalanche footage and make another one of these for drilldo.

There's a huge difference between finding humor in anything and wishing people dead. If it really bothers you that much, gently caress off out of the thread and don't read it.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

theflyingexecutive posted:

stop quoting him dum dum

You realize you could just not read what he posts? It's really simple, you see his name, and then scroll past it.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

BaronVonVaderham posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8bV9iNStEI

Someone find some avalanche footage and make another one of these for drilldo.

There's a huge difference between finding humor in anything and wishing people dead. If it really bothers you that much, gently caress off out of the thread and don't read it.

Yeah and this thread craves mountain death for some hosed up reason.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Actually we should get a Missing/Presumed Dead poll going. I'll start the bidding at 11.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Why don't the regulars in this thread have a death pool for sky divers, hunting in america, scuba diving, general travel etc? What makes the danger of climbing a mountain hilarious relative to other things people that have disposable incomes do to enjoy their lives?

They are still risking their lives for enjoyment when they could be safely at home playing games on Steam and eating Old Bay-flavored potato chips.

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!

The people who die on Everest are conveniently gathered in one location and tend to make headlines when they die.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

you're insanely hosed up if you take pleasure in people dying

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I'm starting a death pool for fat goons who post about Mount Everest deaths.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

I'm going with massively hosed up heads.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

smoobles posted:

I'm starting a death pool for fat goons who post about Mount Everest deaths.

I'm going with 69.

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

A Spider Covets posted:

i just like mountain sports they are fun but it's sad when people die doing them
disagree, it's very cool and funny. heil hitler

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

These deaths are also funny. Especially stupid poo poo like cave diving. There was a great example on This American life about a guy who died cave diving and then another guy organised a expedition to retrieve his body but he died in the attempt. It is ok though, his bloated corpse brought up the other corpse with him.
How is that not funny?

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
Did anyone nominate this thread in their death pool?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

When a goon dies from an avalanche of computer parts and pizza boxes he'll quickly see the irony of laughing at Everest deaths.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

The thread predates the death pool, the death pool started only this year as kind of a joke? This thread and its previous incarnations for the last 4 or so years has always been about the general Everest climbing season, and mountain climbing in general. It's disingenuous to be getting caught up on the mostly secondary deathpool joke that ran through this current thread if you're not someone who has been following the thread for years like a lot of us. It is of course a tragedy that people have died climbing or that they continue to die climbing, and really nobody hopes for it. Or maybe they do. Regardless, I don't think that posting your concern about everyone is promoting the actual discussion of the Everest climbing season or about the earthquakes and so on, and I don't think it's likely to convince anyone to behave differently, so it's kind of annoying to those of us who would like to continue to use the thread to post and read news about the Everest climbing season that we've done for years.

So I don't know if "the regulars" in this thread would post in this thread about people dying sky diving or hunting or scuba diving in this thread because this isn't the thread about that, though sometimes it derails into those things during periods where there isn't much news. I certainly wouldn't.

Basically people posting their concern about how goons on the Internet are wrongbad posters for making light of a tragedy are not likely to make themselves or anyone else happier but I guess if they have to do it to feel good about themselves they can, or not.

Bodhivastu / Himalayan Light Foundation is taking donations that can be earmarked for relief but it will likely be smallscale local stuff as they aren't really emergency relief workers so much as like, artists.

http://www.thegreatawakening.org/nepal-relief

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
There's something about lots of people wasting tons on money gathering in the same place to accomplish something thousands of people already did. Cave diving deaths are just pure horror imo

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Newest death pool: Number of heart attacks in populations under 35 years old (goons). I'm going to say upwards of 10,000 this year. Lmfao.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Goons in this thread really get off on other people suffering and dying while trying to achieve something.

prinneh
Jul 29, 2005
prince of denmark

Aside from being bad examples, none of these things, unless done insanely out of proportion, costs around 60.000 dollars. Thats a big pricetag for a ticket to stand in line waiting for death behind a Chinese businessman.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons

NihilismNow posted:

These deaths are also funny. Especially stupid poo poo like cave diving. There was a great example on This American life about a guy who died cave diving and then another guy organised a expedition to retrieve his body but he died in the attempt. It is ok though, his bloated corpse brought up the other corpse with him.
How is that not funny?

The original corpse was turned into soap and missing its head though, so that was pretty effed up.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

zen death robot posted:

He won't be able to see anything at all, actually

drat dude, that's ice cold.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Where can I donate to ensure my money only goes to rescuing sherpas and not the rich white idiots?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Fermented Tinal posted:

Where can I donate to ensure my money only goes to rescuing sherpas and not the rich white idiots?

Probably nowhere.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Fermented Tinal posted:

I bet if you tried hard enough you could see rich white people die at your convenience.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Well one of them at least.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Yourself is what I'm trying to say.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

This is a cool thing Facebook does sometimes but this dude lives in Darjeeling so I mean I wasn't really worried? lol

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Kill yourself and get all the people death you will ever need.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

lol

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I'm not rich anymore. I squandered my fortune on drugs, travel, and real-estate.

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

you're insanely hosed up if you take pleasure in people dying

Where I come from we call that person a Marine.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

The Insanely Chill Thread For Laughing At Dead People

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Paramemetic posted:

This is a cool thing Facebook does sometimes but this dude lives in Darjeeling so I mean I wasn't really worried? lol

Because quake and aftershocks are hitting India too with 60 dead?

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/150425/nation-current-affairs/article/nepal-earthquake-mild-tremors-felt-west-bengal-and-uttar

(Helpful hint: I google'd "darjeeling quake" to get this so it's not like it was that hard to figure out if people living there were impacted.)

• Locked thread