Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

I don't know if he reads it anymore but double kudos to Matt for being able to talk about Man of Steel 2: Man Harder without sounding like a crazy. Valid points all around. Also Employee of the Week award to Liam for his more than 3/5ths a joke.

Kaptain K posted:

Who here is in the "longer is better" camp when it comes to the podcast? If every podcast was 5 hours long it still wouldn't be too much for me.

I get bandwidth is probably the biggest factor here but I hope that Matt & Woolie know that they don't need to curtail the length or constantly wonder if the show is going on too long and needs to be wrapped up.

They already are hittin' that 3 hour mark pretty constantly. I'm pretty sure they get awfully tired at looking at each other's faces/smells by that point

Commissar Ken fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Apr 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I bet Liam smells real nice

Probably due to all the flowers and roses that surround him whenever he shows up in scene

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.

Commissar Ken posted:

They already are hittin' that 3 hour mark pretty constantly. I'm pretty sure they get awfully tired at looking at each other's faces/smells by that point
Of course, I definitely don't know if I could have a 4 hour long conversation even with my best friends but I sometimes feel like I detect a hint of (typically Woolie or Matt) trying to move the podcast along or wrap it up to its conclusion.

I could easily be wrong, I just think the podcast would be even better if everyone rambled endlessly and spun long winded anecdotes without feeling like they need to keep it concise. I'm confident my opinion will be unpopular though.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Kaptain K posted:

Of course, I definitely don't know if I could have a 4 hour long conversation even with my best friends but I sometimes feel like I detect a hint of (typically Woolie or Matt) trying to move the podcast along or wrap it up to its conclusion.

I could easily be wrong, I just think the podcast would be even better if everyone rambled endlessly and spun long winded anecdotes without feeling like they need to keep it concise. I'm confident my opinion will be unpopular though.

I could sit around and listen to them spin ol' 'The onion was tied to my belt, which was the style at the time...' stories for good but between the podcast and the 3-4 concurrent games running and then editing it all i'm not exactly sure when these motherfuckers actually have lives.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I just wish they came out like, Thursday so I don't have them and the bombcast done with so quickly every week.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
I want my podcasts long and early, because they help keep me sane Tuesday mornings at work.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
My tuesdays at school are the longest and I drive an hour each way so the longer the episode the better, in my book. Woolie uploading them on monday nights is super appreciated for the 7 AM drive.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

TriffTshngo posted:

My tuesdays at school are the longest and I drive an hour each way so the longer the episode the better, in my book. Woolie uploading them on monday nights is super appreciated for the 7 AM drive.

This is admittedly a benefit for me as well

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4Crtzytlzg

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

DumbparameciuM posted:

My bet is that Woolie will kill 0 bosses during the BB playthrough.

Rodyle posted:

Aw man, Woolie got a boss.

Welp, there goes one of my predictions. I never would have guessed that was the boss he would've beaten. At least it's one of the few Bosses in the game you can kill by FaceFucking?

Well done Woolie, I ain't even mad. Zaibatsu strong.

DPM fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Apr 25, 2015

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Haha, Pat likes playing Shinnok. :allears:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I would watch a full hour of Test Your Luck

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Test Your Luck is like the best party mode ever. If I was willing to gather 3 or 4 people around my PC to hold a miniature tourney with then Test Your Luck would be my choice just because it's so fun. Unfortunately, my PC is in the corner of this room, meaning there is little seating space around it. Now on consoles, that'd be cool.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Improbable Lobster posted:

I would watch a full hour of Test Your Luck

I really thought we'd be getting a Test Your Luck scrublords next week; guess not if they played it in the fisticuffs.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Matt is alread saying they're going to loving go back after the DLC characters come out and do another one, lol.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.

Silentman0 posted:

I want my podcasts long and early, because they help keep me sane Tuesday mornings at work.

This is exactly my deal too, it graduates the early part of the week from "gently caress this earth" up to "it's aight I guess".

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I thought it was "after all the DLC is out", assuming there's more to come?
Also man, that callout to the youtube commenter who keeps asking for Naruto. I kinda feel bad for him.
...Is Kung Jin Yuri Lowenthal?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No, it's Johnny Yong Bosch.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Team Special Forces 4 life :smith:

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Pretty disappointed Kung Lao hasn't popped in and yelled out "KUNG LAO MOTHERFUCKER WHO'RE YOU?!?" yet.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Does anyone know if they are going to do the bonus chapters for the RER2 LP?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

HGH posted:

Also man, that callout to the youtube commenter who keeps asking for Naruto. I kinda feel bad for him.

Still gonna give that guy a thumbs up every week

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
They're waiting for the Boruto game

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
And his friend Crouton.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Test your luck is amazing and it should be in every fighting game.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
If there were an option for only "All" modifiers, it'd be unironically amazing.

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!

Nalesh posted:

Test your luck is amazing and it should be in every fighting game.
Test Your Luck reminds me why I always like playing Smash with all items on bullshit stages with four players. Yeah, competitive gameplay is nice and all, but this poo poo's way more entertaining.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Let's see if Matt calls this next character boring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTk4YKNZrLs&t=32s

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The end of the newest Mortal Kombat video is the best thing.
Too bad the gang don't seem to know the story of Mythologies. Diminishes the MK cred, for shame.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I wonder if everyone who died will end up coming back to life or at least have alternate costumes where it's their revenant outfit on their alive skins.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tae posted:

Let's see if Matt calls this next character boring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTk4YKNZrLs&t=32s

Uh, yeah?

It's really weird hearing Matt say that Capcom would never acknowledge their fans don't like a character when they actively did this in the Decapre reveal video.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I would really love it if the next MK game was told from Outworld's perspective. Maybe let guys like Repitle and Ermac do things besides job all the time.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I want a Chaosrealm game if only so I can hear the ensuing 6 solid hours of Matt yelling angrily about how Chaosrealm fundamentally makes no drat sense :allears:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

CJacobs posted:

I want a Chaosrealm game if only so I can hear the ensuing 6 solid hours of Matt yelling angrily about how Chaosrealm fundamentally makes no drat sense :allears:

Well after this game's focus on MK4 era, the next game should be getting into the PS2 era stuff. Though, with the way things are by the end of this game, I have no idea what this timeline's version of the "Deadly Alliance" will be.

Also, I love just how casual Scorpion is about this whole thing. "Please hand over Quan Chi, I wish to murder the poo poo out of him."

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

This is the best dumbest thing ever

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Luckily for the Zaibatsu this time the biggest news of the week came out two days early, apparently Konami is sick and tired of having a hardworking successful employee who's making awesome games that rake in millions for the company and are thus CANCELLING Silent Hills.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Al-Saqr posted:

Luckily for the Zaibatsu this time the biggest news of the week came out two days early, apparently Konami is sick and tired of having a hardworking successful employee who's making awesome games that rake in millions for the company and are thus CANCELLING Silent Hills.

Now now, there's also that paid Skyrim mod thing that has evolved into the free version of a couple of those paid mods having in game pop ups asking you to buy the paid version.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Al-Saqr posted:

Did we get officially word yet or is it still everyone except Konami saying that it isn't happening?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

Did we get officially word yet or is it still everyone except Konami saying that it isn't happening?

PT is being pulled from the Playstation Store and Del Toro said that the game is not gonna happen.