Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
They should probably just strap an iPad to their wrist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

that's horrifying.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=21118890&postcount=71

quote:

Gosh, another woman in this forum with gorgeous nails. Sigh...I'm going to have to grow mine out again and put some polish on before I share my watch on arm pics.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is that a hoof?

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

I believe the correct term is trotter.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
The OP doesn't like people saying her arm looks like a leg- http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=21120940&postcount=95

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.

io_burn posted:

This person on MacRumors is trying to argue the 38mm fits them.

This is why the "shaming" movement is wrong. Shaming must exist unless we just want to continue to see this sort of thing occur. And of course they used the Mickey Mouse face. Of course they did. The first thing I did was delete it from mine.

She's going to lose that "limb" when she cuts off blood flow.

suddenlyissoon fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Apr 25, 2015

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Congratulations to Apple for creating a strap that can hold together under such enormous pressure.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

Logikv9 posted:

Congratulations to Apple for creating a strap that can hold together under such enormous pressure.

For some reason John Ive left that out of the promotional video, but only because he didn't want to piss off PETA by strapping an Apple Watch around a walrus!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Why do all obese people claim to eat healthy and exercise frequently? I mean, we have eyes, we know you're lying.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I finally broke down and ordered a milanese loop 42mm.

At this point apple just needs to link up with my bank account and automatically ship me new products, would save me so much time.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

Bottom Liner posted:

Why do all obese people claim to eat healthy and exercise frequently? I mean, we have eyes, we know you're lying.

This has never made sense to me either. "It's a glandular problem" doesn't exempt you from the simple laws of physics of energy in versus energy out.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

io_burn posted:

Bless her heart :(

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

io_burn posted:

Considering how much she paid for that watch, I'm not surprised she would argue that :v:.

just_a_guy
Feb 18, 2010

Look into my eyes!
When i first saw this post i though you were showing of your Apple watch. Immensely relieved to know thats Not The case.

just_a_guy fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Apr 25, 2015

buffbus
Nov 19, 2012

Bottom Liner posted:

Most people don't know what eating healthy really looks like. Even fitness enthusiasts can't agree entirely. Then there's also the "I did 30 minutes of awkward motions in a zumba class - I earned this milkshake".

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

buffbus posted:

Most people don't know what eating healthy really looks like. Even fitness enthusiasts can't agree entirely. Then there's also the "I did 30 minutes of awkward motions in a zumba class - I earned this milkshake".

"I ate an entire deep dish pizza, but I didn't get extra cheese, and I didn't get all the meats, just pepperoni, sausage, and bacon. And I even got mushrooms so it had some veggies!"

I forgot to take my watch off before I went to sleep last night and the alerts from emails and texts weren't enough to wake me up, and I'm a pretty light sleeper. I'd be interested to see if the alarm is a stronger alert.

DJCobol fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Apr 25, 2015

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
I wonder if that strap is so tight because it wouldn't go any wider or because the person is dumb.

DJCobol posted:

I forgot to take my watch off before I went to sleep last night and the alerts from emails and texts weren't enough to wake me up, and I'm a pretty light sleeper. I'd be interested to see if the alarm is a stronger alert.

Yeah, the timer's alert is significantly stronger but still kinda weak. It also keeps repeating until you turn it off. Dunno about the alarm clock, but I'd guess it's similar.

just_a_guy posted:

When i first saw this post i though you were showing of your Apple watch. Immensely relieved to know thats Not The case.

Just curious: What's the deal with your random capitalization? Are you writing with a different (from English) language keyboard/autocorrect selected or something?

Zwille fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Apr 25, 2015

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Zwille posted:

I wonder if that strap is so tight because it wouldn't go any wider or because the person is dumb.

See the magnetic clasp on the bottom of the watch? That's as wide as the strap gets.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Typically i would say how do you get it around your hand, but her wrist is the size of her hand so..

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

Jose Oquendo posted:

See the magnetic clasp on the bottom of the watch? That's as wide as the strap gets.

Hahahaha holy poo poo. Don't tell me that's the long version of the band.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
I'm surprised the watch hasn't absorbed into her arm fat at this point. I just hope she doesn't take a picture of the rest of her... :stonk:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Zwille posted:

Hahahaha holy poo poo. Don't tell me that's the long version of the band.

That band goes from 130mm - 180mm for reference. Her hands are loving huge.

Kenderama
Mar 12, 2003

Herding Nerds from
2007-2012
Is the Facebook app not showing up as configurable for anyone else? I know they showed it during the keynotes as being compatible but I can't find it in the iPhone Apple Watch app nor anywhere in the watch itself.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
NO UPCOMING EVENTS

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
PRE-DIABETES DETECTED

jot
Jul 5, 2003

Some parts of history were never meant to be uncovered.

Jose Oquendo posted:

That band goes from 130mm - 180mm for reference. Her hands are loving huge.

I had a look at the thread, her wrist size is 248mm. Pretty sure the bands aren't designed to be that big.

Edit: Even the 42mm tops out at 200mm.

jot fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Apr 25, 2015

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

coldplay chiptunes posted:

NO UPCOMING EVENTS

Feedin' time must not be until tomorrow.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Anyone think the taptic notifications are too light and too easy to miss? I have it set to the highest setting yet I'm missing notifications left and right.

jot
Jul 5, 2003

Some parts of history were never meant to be uncovered.

gret posted:

Anyone think the taptic notifications are too light and too easy to miss? I have it set to the highest setting yet I'm missing notifications left and right.

Try turning on the Prominent Haptic setting - it adds a couple of extra taps, harder to miss that way.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

gret posted:

Try enabling "Prominent Haptics" in Sound and Haptics settings on the iPhone Watch app.

Edit: Too slow... Need an Awful watch app so I can reply faster.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

gret posted:

I have the Prominent Haptic setting enabled which seems to help. It sends a strong vibration right before the notification shows up on your watch.

Edit: For sure should have refreshed before I hit submit.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

gret posted:

Besides the stuff that's been mentioned, maybe you're wearing it too loose or your watch could be defective. I remember one of the early reviewers mentioning he had overly soft feedback, apparently it was a defect and got addressed with a replacement watch.

just_a_guy
Feb 18, 2010

Look into my eyes!

Zwille posted:

Yeah, the timer's alert is significantly stronger but still kinda weak. It also keeps repeating until you turn it off. Dunno about the alarm clock, but I'd guess it's similar.

Just curious: What's the deal with your random capitalization? Are you writing with a different (from English) language keyboard/autocorrect selected or something?

Bingo! Since I got this iPad I have been too lazy to add the English keyboard. The random capitalisation happens because it eventually learns new words but it tends to save them as written. Therefore words that were first used to begin a sentence autocorrect to the capitalised version.

You finally made me feel self conscious so I just added the English keyboard. Thank you for that

just_a_guy fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Apr 25, 2015

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Your weapons are useless against me!
Fun Shoe

io_burn posted:

*puts on Apple Watch, raises cloven hoof*

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Kenderama posted:

Is the Facebook app not showing up as configurable for anyone else? I know they showed it during the keynotes as being compatible but I can't find it in the iPhone Apple Watch app nor anywhere in the watch itself.

There isn't a Facebook app. There's the built-in notifications, which you can reply too, but Facebook couldn't squeeze an Apple Watch app into their app store app.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

Dirk Pitt posted:

Bless her heart :(

Hopefully she won't disable the 'get up and move' notifications. :(

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm not trying to be mean but I wonder if having a huge layer of fat makes it harder for the sensors on the watch to detect your pulse or whatever

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Her wrist is perfectly sized for a Moto 360.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm not trying to be mean but I wonder if having a huge layer of fat makes it harder for the sensors on the watch to detect your pulse or whatever

Health can't detect anything, but the USGS app does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

gret posted:

Her wrist is perfectly sized for a Moto 360.

Eh?

• Locked thread