Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Keshik posted:

I like psycho Ward a lot myself, but I am very very hopeful that if he gets anywhere close to Simmons she will straight up execute him, double-tap on the ground.

She looked him right in the eyes and swore to kill him if she ever saw him again. I want that to have been serious and not just a line.

I really want her to do exactly that, instantly, no hesitation, no one having time to get in her way like with Fitz, or him to just never get near her at all.

I would really like for the end of the episode to be Jemma saying, "we're done here?", Coulson nodding, and then her emptying an entire clip into Ward.

It won't (or even should) happen but it'll be pretty cathartic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

achillesforever6 posted:

This was one of the many reasons why BTAS was so much better than The New Adventures of Batman And Robin

Batman:TAS in general put a lot of effort into its presentation and it's kind of sad that it went to the The New Adventures setup. Lots of simplified and altered character models, no more title cards like it'd been using, and just in general less effort put into its aesthetic and presentation. While I don't particularly mind the simplified art style for Superman, Justice League, etc it really didn't fit with what they'd already done with Batman:TAS and was incredibly jarring to transition to. Especially with some characters getting completely redesigned.

That being said, to get more on the subject:

Chokes McGee posted:

I would really like for the end of the episode to be Jemma saying, "we're done here?", Coulson nodding, and then her emptying an entire clip into Ward.

It won't (or even should) happen but it'll be pretty cathartic.

To go with the Reservoir Dogs scene from last ep, just do a Pulp Fiction shot and have Fitz and Simmons both abruptly magdump into him once they're sure its done. Then let Skye take a few shots to be sure. Not because I hate Ward, he's been amazing this season in particular in fact. Just because Fitz and Simmons in particular have plenty of reason to want to murder the living poo poo out of him and Skye clearly has no real issue with taking a few shots given she already did. Hell. Let May go to town with that same nailgun from before too. I'm sure she has a few lingering issues to work out with him. Crazy Cat Ward is pretty drat fun but he also gave all the original cast a good reason or two to want to murder the living poo poo out of him.

Not that it'll happen, like you said. But it's amusing to imagine this line of people all waiting for their chance to put a few rounds in him.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Ward doesn't know Skye has powers now. He's going to go through with this super awesome special evil plan and then Skye is just going to be like nope earthquake.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Dexo posted:

Ward doesn't know Skye has powers now. He's going to go through with this super awesome special evil plan and then Skye is just going to be like nope earthquake.

Earthquake inside his head.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

MikeJF posted:

Earthquake inside his head.

I'll admit I'm eagerly awaiting the day Skye just makes people fall over incapacitated with horrific seizures by rattling their brain or vibrating a few key blood vessels apart.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Zebulon posted:

I'll admit I'm eagerly awaiting the day Skye just makes people fall over incapacitated with horrific seizures by rattling their brain or vibrating a few key blood vessels apart.

Ahhh, go big or go home.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Zebulon posted:

I'm waiting for when she misses and splatters a random civilian.

"Ward!" Splrtch. "Whoops. Sorry dad."

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Dexo posted:

Holy poo poo I just realized this and now I can't wait until she "shows" him her new powers by vibrating him off a bridge.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Does Ward know that Cal and Raina were planning to give Skye powers, or is he completely in the dark on that?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

swickles posted:

Holy poo poo I just realized this and now I can't wait until she "shows" him her new powers by vibrating him off a bridge.

She could probably just disintegrate him.

Spergatory posted:

The band's getting back together for one last gig... :clint:

Hopefully not literally. I hate the show being on the bubble.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Apr 25, 2015

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Blazing Ownager posted:

She could probably just disintegrate him.

Every season of this show should end with a comedy disintegration.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Once Skye gets a bit of control she's gonna be ridiculously overpowered. Full-scale mountain earthquake? Collapse a base? Explode any person or any weapon they're holding with a thought? Done.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
Well, then clearly they just have to up the ante with the bad guys too then! The only villains we've seen so far that could have a chance against actual superpowers are Absorbing Man and the enchantress Asgardian. And Deathlok, I guess, but he's not a bad guy any more.

Wolpertinger fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Apr 25, 2015

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Agnar the screamer was pretty legit.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
I wonder if there will end up being a specific limitation to Skye's powers, like maybe they only work on things with specific resonant frequencies (or something like that). Even if not, their very nature suggests at least two potential avenues of defense - you could use a material that absorbs vibrations like the Vibranium in Cap's shield, or you could use something essentially like supercharged noise-canceling headphones, turned up to 11.

In fact I'm surprised Simmons hasn't built such a system already.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ol qwerty bastard posted:

In fact I'm surprised Simmons hasn't built such a system already.

That last she knew, all Skye could do was create crazy earthquakes.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Wolpertinger posted:

Well, then clearly they just have to up the ante with the bad guys too then! The only villains we've seen so far that could have a chance against actual superpowers are Absorbing Man and the enchantress Asgardian. And Deathlok, I guess, but he's not a bad guy any more.

Speaking of Deathlok, I find it loving stupid that all he's done has been forgiven on the account of: "But but.. my kid!!! :qq: "
How many other bad guys might have their own loving reason like this and nobody gives a poo poo? Down with Deathlock! :commissar:

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Dalael posted:

Speaking of Deathlok, I find it loving stupid that all he's done has been forgiven on the account of: "But but.. my kid!!! :qq: "
How many other bad guys might have their own loving reason like this and nobody gives a poo poo? Down with Deathlock! :commissar:

His kid AND having an explosive camera in his eye, and all he ended up doing as far as I can remember was kill a drug lord to try and woo the US military, refuse to kill Skye, nearly killed Ward, and fought the SHIELD team a couple times, and immediately turned on them the moment his kid was safe

Pretty sure a lot of parents would be willing to do a lot more than he did if literal nazis were promising a fate worse than death on their child if they didn't comply. A lot of people would probably comply with most of what he did with only just the head bomb, not even including the hostage. He was a civilian, remember? It's not like he was a SHIELD agent or anything.

Wolpertinger fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Apr 25, 2015

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Wolpertinger posted:

Graviton would probably be able to go against her...

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Wolpertinger posted:

His kid AND having an explosive camera in his eye, and all he ended up doing as far as I can remember was kill a drug lord to try and woo the US military, refuse to kill Skye, nearly killed Ward, and fought the SHIELD team a couple times, and immediately turned on them the moment his kid was safe

Pretty sure a lot of parents would be willing to do a lot more than he did if literal nazis were promising a fate worse than death on their child if they didn't comply. A lot of people would probably comply with most of what he did with only just the head bomb, not even including the hostage. He was a civilian, remember? It's not like he was a SHIELD agent or anything.

Agreed. In contrast, Ward decided to straight up kill a ton of people because...he was bored or some poo poo like that.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Kheldarn posted:

What happened with that anyways? Are we still waiting for him to show up?

notthegoatseguy posted:

Agreed. In contrast, Ward decided to straight up kill a ton of people because...he was bored or some poo poo like that.

It was part of the mission, geeze.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Wolpertinger posted:

And Deathlok, I guess, but he's not a bad guy any more.

That could change, mind control is a thing now via that Hydra 'compliance will be rewarded' machine.

And reminder, Ward and 33 have a workable version of it that they've been using.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Error 404 posted:

And reminder, Ward and 33 have a workable version of it that they've been using.

Obviously not.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
I wonder if Ward had a garrote because it reminds him of Garrett :3:

EDIT: Oh, turns out it rhymes with "the rot" nevermind :(

Darth Ballz
Apr 30, 2003
Feel the burn

MikeJF posted:

Once Skye gets a bit of control she's gonna be ridiculously overpowered. Full-scale mountain earthquake? Collapse a base? Explode any person or any weapon they're holding with a thought? Done.

They are either going to go the Flash route i.e. every episode has him forgetting how to use his powers in a way he literally used them the episode previous OR she won't use her powers at all (wearing the dampening gloves) until, literally, her "gloves come off" as sanctioned in a life or death situation.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Kheldarn posted:

I had this thought as well and I cannot wait for Graviton and Quake to throw down and destroy half a city in the fight.

Also the gloves thing makes a lot of sense. As a agent she wears them to regulate and put people at ease, but she can get sanctioned under Theta Protocol to pull them off and ruin high level target's poo poo without worry about blowback.

Leads nicely into pro/anti legislation Civil War, too.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Phylodox posted:

Obviously not.
I think it's working exactly as intended, they just gave Bakshi the loving stupid order to act like he used to do before so of course he's going to double cross them.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

InspectorCarbonara posted:

I think it's working exactly as intended, they just gave Bakshi the loving stupid order to act like he used to do before so of course he's going to double cross them.

Or Bakshi is specifically immune somehow. He obviously knows the procedure better than Ward or 33 would.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
He even said "I will comply" when Ward told him to do something.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Bakshi was brainwashed by Ward. Coulson didn't see Ward give the actual command. All Ward told Coulson was that he was programmed to act like he did before.

Bakshi is probably working to inact Ward's plan.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

I'm still really surprised Gravitron hasn't had a single appearance since his intro episode. Almost all of those dumb episodes came back together at the end of Season 1 but Gravitron is still out there even though AOS now has several of their own powered people and powered villains. I almost wonder if Gravitron might make an appearance in a Netflix property rather than in AOS.

Or it could be something a lot more boring like contract negotiations with the actor fell apart.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

notthegoatseguy posted:

I'm still really surprised Gravitron hasn't had a single appearance since his intro episode. Almost all of those dumb episodes came back together at the end of Season 1 but Gravitron is still out there even though AOS now has several of their own powered people and powered villains. I almost wonder if Gravitron might make an appearance in a Netflix property rather than in AOS.

Or it could be something a lot more boring like contract negotiations with the actor fell apart.

He did sorta make an appearance late in season 1 when Garrett recovered his box from the Fridge and gifted it to Quinn. I'm expecting he'll reappear at the same time as Quinn does, but it probably won't be this season considering how much is left to wrap up.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Slashrat posted:

He did sorta make an appearance late in season 1 when Garrett recovered his box from the Fridge and gifted it to Quinn. I'm expecting he'll reappear at the same time as Quinn does, but it probably won't be this season considering how much is left to wrap up.

If he does appear this season, it might be tease for next season like how last season hinted at Cal.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
It's so very comic book to have a villain explicitly not dead and on the loose (well...sorta loose in Gravitron's case) but not actually have them show up for ages and ages. Watch him pop back up as like the Season 4 mid-season finale or something.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

I had this thought as well and I cannot wait for Graviton and Quake to throw down and destroy half a city in the fight.

Also the gloves thing makes a lot of sense. As a agent she wears them to regulate and put people at ease, but she can get sanctioned under Theta Protocol to pull them off and ruin high level target's poo poo without worry about blowback.

Leads nicely into pro/anti legislation Civil War, too.

Since they seemed to imply that the gloves were harmful for her, I'm thinking be more a matter of self-restraint. Her training will probably get interrupted so she can rejoin the SHIELD team, so she's learned some control now, but not anything delicate enough to reliably incapacitate someone without the risk of collateral damage, so in most situations that don't call for extreme force she might be overcautious with her powers.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Phylodox posted:

Obviously not.

InspectorCarbonara posted:

They even said in the episode it was first introduced that it just doesn't work on everyone, and some people need a lot more of the procedure than others even if it does work. Plus I doubt Ward and Agent 33 (THAT'S NOT HER NAME) are really qualified to run the whole procedure.

I mean, I'm not gonna be surprised if this isn't the case, because the show has done some stupid stuff before; but I'm also not going to be at all surprised if it turns out the brainwashing just didn't take on Bakshi and he was just faking it.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Dalael posted:

He has been doing missions for Shield and Coulson since we saw him last, so that probably redeemed him quite a bit.
It just seems like a common plot in fiction, that anything is forgiven if you do it to save your family.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I think it's a pretty lovely dad who says "Nope sorry, I'm too moral for this. Go ahead and torture my son to death."

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

The Sharmat posted:

I think it's a pretty lovely dad who says "Nope sorry, I'm too moral for this. Go ahead and torture my son to death."

This.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
If they thought the exploding eyeball would be enough they probably wouldn't have taken his kid.

• Locked thread