Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
....forced perspective?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
My wife hit 50 tonight then immediately spent almost 3 hours scouring the market boards for glamour gear.

And then she got pissed off because everything she liked was seasonal.

So I guess we have to wait for our CM/Prae run until tomorrow.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

pksage posted:

gently caress yes, DRG LB3 is amazing. I think they showed one of the new DRG skills in there too?

They appeared to show off a new move or two for all the classes in the LB3 preview. It's hard to say what they all did, but it looks like we saw the Riot Blade combo and a new defensive cooldown for Paladin.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Tarranon posted:

Desynthing is like the one weird economic quirk of the game in that it is expensive and time consuming as gently caress to level and margins are so paper thin you'd have to peddle your wares for like a year to make up the money you spent leveling it in the first place, and probably a decade to make up for the opportunity cost of not spending your time doing something actually lucrative

i have no idea what's depressing the sell price so much, other than the bridesmaids sandals for FC3

It's still worth it to level somewhat, because I remember the initial prices on things like the suits and materia being moderately outrageous for quite some time. I would wager good desynth skill will be worth having in the expac.

But I would also wager that they add new desynth levels to work towards and that you will have a much easier time getting mats and desynthing whatever new poo poo there is to make in the expansion than levelling them up currently. So probably worth your time to get them to 70ish and then however far you can get just desynthing stuff that comes your way naturally between now and then. Just a guess though.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Hahaha, this just went up on the official FFXIV channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yZXjxuoEGA

Late april fools video? Probably. Funny, though!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Dominic White posted:

Might be some sort of practise exercise for doing in-engine cutscenes that they decided to show to everyone. Pretty good, I do appreciate their self-referential humour with these things (Minfilia).

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Obviously It's the next Gold Saucer attraction!

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

kirbysuperstar posted:

Pretty good, I do appreciate their self-referential humour with these things (Minfilia).

Also Thancred doing mostly nothing beyond flirting with the imperial ladies (and wiping out, apparently). The devs are shockingly aware of how the audience views their characters.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

oohh you can see the new Riot Blade combo in the benchmark

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Dominic White posted:

Well that was just amazing.

And I wanna play the expansion now damnit.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Ciaphas posted:

ok I just got to Truths Untold in the Hildibrand chain and I started actually laughing IRL at this

what in the actual gently caress

Just sit back and enjoy the current conclusion to the story of the greatest necromancer in the world, a scholar, a friend, and history's most awesome Gentleman of Light. Because that poo poo is official now.

e: Magic swords don't lie.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Apr 25, 2015

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Dominic White posted:

They should cancel FFXV and just make this fighting game instead.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Whizbang posted:

They should cancel FFXV and just make this fighting game instead.

They are working on a new FF fighting game with Y'shtola in it, at least! Should be coming to PS4 and maybe PC later on.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Dominic White posted:

They are working on a new FF fighting game with Y'shtola in it, at least! Should be coming to PS4 and maybe PC later on.

A new Dissidia, yeah. Y'shtola has become the official cross-over FFXIV representative.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

and not Hildibrand, somehow

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

Rei_ posted:

and not Hildibrand, somehow

No one would want to play anyone else.

Space Mako
Feb 2, 2013
I was digging through the different armour sets using a little black magic and found that the armour for the crafting and gathering jobs are already in the game. I took some screenshots for those that are interested, but if you're intending to avoid any of the expansion content before launch, don't look!
Also bear in mind that some of these appear unfinished, could change or I could simply be labelling them wrong.

http://imgur.com/a/hCpZi

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Weaver is pretty much just a pimp suit.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Boogaleeboo posted:

Just sit back and enjoy the current conclusion to the story of the greatest necromancer in the world, a scholar, a friend, and history's most awesome Gentleman of Light. Because that poo poo is official now.

e: Magic swords don't lie.

I did finish the whole thing last night, and how utterly amazed I am by how good that was is balanced by the fact that... well... it's all over for now. :smithicide:

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

There's a blog post floating around that shows off some of the Au Ra character creation. The release date for it appears to be Sunday night at midnight (technically Monday morning) pacific time.

Raiden as playable confirmed

Neat Machine
May 5, 2008

heh

Mazed posted:

There's a blog post floating around that shows off some of the Au Ra character creation. The release date for it appears to be Sunday night at midnight (technically Monday morning) pacific time.

Raiden as playable confirmed

Man, that is pretty anime. I wonder what percentage of the population will be dragon mens.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I know I'm fantaisiaing into one. They look awesome and I'm tired of being a catboy.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
This is why you stick with the timeless races, Highlanders and Lalafell: Stocky peasant folk and the potatoes they carry.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Yep, I am enjoying my time as a Roegadame (and being the tallest one in my CT raids), but I am going to fantasia to a Xaela Au Ra so fast with the freebie that comes with the CE.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I want to see their animations more than anything, the reason Catboys were so appealing was because they were animated so much better than most of the other options.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Dominic White posted:

Minfillia stealing the spotlight at the end is what makes this.

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL
OBVIOUSLY JUST LOOK AT HER
Silly Doc, turtles can't sit on benches.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Kind of sad I didn't watch the entire thing for the Trailer tour ft. Minfilia

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

HelloPlatypus posted:

Silly Doc, turtles can't sit on benches.

*snip*

Yeah, horse can have some...issues.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Go home gil turtle, you're drunk.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Fancy Corndog posted:

Man, that is pretty anime. I wonder what percentage of the population will be dragon mens.

I think I have 2 free Fantasia and it's tempting to give it a try.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

That weaver set is amazing.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I just watched the Heavenward trailer again, and I'm a little upset that Generic Hyur is still rocking Bravura, and not Ragnarok.

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

I just watched the Heavenward trailer again, and I'm a little upset that Generic Hyur is still rocking Bravura, and not Ragnarok.

Generic Hyur is casual as hell.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Cabinet posted:

I know I'm fantaisiaing into one. They look awesome and I'm tired of being a catboy.

Same, i'm looking forward to becoming the biggest anime.

Though 3.0 is still like two months away so i might get bored and fantasia into a Lalafell or something in the meantime

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

MikeyLikesIt posted:

Generic Hyur is casual as hell.

Generic Hyur glamoured Bravura over his Zeta. He's a kidder, that one.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Freak Futanari posted:

Same, i'm looking forward to becoming the biggest anime.

Though 3.0 is still like two months away so i might get bored and fantasia into a Lalafell or something in the meantime
That's kind of hosed up, futa.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

homeless snail posted:

That's kind of hosed up, futa.

I have grown weary of being a cat man and i desperately seek greener pastures

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012

Freak Futanari posted:

Lalas are some messed up people man, trust me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Freak Futanari posted:

If I might offer a suggestion:

• Locked thread