Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

rex rabidorum vires posted:

60 meters more view range with two 88s that both have much better alpha, aim time, and pen with similar if not better DPM. Depending on traverse the short 88 at tier 5 seems fairly crazy.

Edit: Active binocs on the 85 hits 350 view range. Which is barely enough to make up the difference...never mind Binos on the toaster.

The toaster dies so fast it'll make your head spin if spotted, and doesn't have a good camo multiplier. I barely ever had any games between 200 and 1000 hp, it was either awesome or awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

60 meters more view range with two 88s that both have much better alpha, aim time, and pen with similar if not better DPM. Depending on traverse the short 88 at tier 5 seems fairly crazy.

Edit: Active binocs on the 85 hits 350 view range. Which is barely enough to make up the difference...never mind Binos on the toaster.

0 camo 0 armor tho, su85s routinely are more of a problem for me than I am to them. The top 88 is worthless, gun traverse is lower than the track traverse so you can get in a situation where even turning the tank you can't hit a guy

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Type 62's bugged MM saves the day!

:dance:

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

LostCosmonaut posted:

:dance:

Bugged MM?

The type 62 is a tier 7 light tank. And is thus treated as a tier 8 tank which do see tier 10s.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

LostCosmonaut posted:

7k spotting damage is a 1st class? WarGaming are the real trolls.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lmaooo I thought the tournament was over but apparently its not

Some dude named Leo is getting chewed the hell out

"I am the loving caller, there is never a reason for you to talk, ever"

e:lmaoooooooo

"Leo you loving suck at this game, do you not know how to use cover"

"That's two losses and one of them is now your fault"

"Do you even loving know what you're doing you useless shithead"

"You are the most useless loving player I have ever seen"

"Stop loving sucking"

"Do you not notice? Because you're too loving stupid and you keep poking"

"You are not going to gently caress me over on the last night"

"I am not going to lose this loving game because of you"

man losing half your health sounds like a big deal

e: "loving play smart or get the hell out of my team"

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Apr 25, 2015

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

JuffoWup posted:

Bugged MM?

The type 62 is a tier 7 light tank. And is thus treated as a tier 8 tank which do see tier 10s.

For some reason when balancing the amount of light tanks on each team, the Type 62 isn't taken into account. So whenever I drive my Type 62, my team always has one more light tank than the other team (unless they have a 62). In this case, I was the only light tank on my team, and the other team had no light tanks (on Prok).

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

LostCosmonaut posted:

For some reason when balancing the amount of light tanks on each team, the Type 62 isn't taken into account. So whenever I drive my Type 62, my team always has one more light tank than the other team (unless they have a 62). In this case, I was the only light tank on my team, and the other team had no light tanks (on Prok).

Now I want one....

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Chillyrabbit posted:

Now I want one....

They are a mini type 59 and pretty hilarious. It does take some getting used to though.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Babe Magnet posted:

<pubbie rage>
Man, your roomie sounds like such a pleasant, well adjusted individual. :v:
I mean yeah, this game is very, very good for bringing out the raging lunatic in everyone, but god drat.

Ask him what his winrate is.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah he's an angry dude

my other roommate is doing audio work in the other room and recorded him yelling throwing his headset lmao

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Chillyrabbit posted:

Now I want one....

It is pretty much a half upgraded WZ-131 if you don't feel like spending real money on a tank, depending on the Type 62 showing up in stores.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

CitizenKain posted:

It is pretty much a half upgraded WZ-131 if you don't feel like spending real money on a tank, depending on the Type 62 showing up in stores.

Well I'm hoping I can get it in the grand finals tourny. Top 4-5% Fingers crossed 2 more wins and I think we have it.

Chillyrabbit fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Apr 25, 2015

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Chillyrabbit posted:

Now I want one....

Are they pretty much specials only these days?

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

The SU85 is awful. I honestly think it might be one of the worst tier 5s. Its view range and HP combo makes it nearly impossible to do anything on your own.

Get gud

The camo on it is insane, the gun is great, and it has just the right amount of armor to bounce tier 5 guns.

View range is bad, yes.

I have something like 10 top guns on it too.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Get gud

The camo on it is insane, the gun is great, and it has just the right amount of armor to bounce tier 5 guns.

View range is bad, yes.

I have something like 10 top guns on it too.

I am good...ish...I just can't get it to click :(

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

he's like begging and pleading with his teammates

"I want to know what stops you from always using your brain, I honestly want to know why your brain works the way it does"

"You can speak when I'm done and I allow you to speak"

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Yeah but the SU-85 leads to this

http://wotreplays.com/site/1824069#self

Not the craziest high damage game but it's still 5.3k damage in less than 4 minutes.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Babe Magnet posted:

he's like begging and pleading with his teammates

"I want to know what stops you from always using your brain, I honestly want to know why your brain works the way it does"

"You can speak when I'm done and I allow you to speak"

Please, please either link his profile or just a video of him playing.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Missing Name posted:

Please, please either link his profile or just a video of him playing.

http://worldoftanks.com/community/accounts/1002841796-Chillsau/

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Azhais posted:

0 camo 0 armor tho, su85s routinely are more of a problem for me than I am to them. The top 88 is worthless, gun traverse is lower than the track traverse so you can get in a situation where even turning the tank you can't hit a guy

Top 88 made the TD for me. The 20 extra alpha means you're two-shotting instead of three-shotting same tier mediums, and your accuracy is much better. The gun traverse would be a bigger issue except you're forced to stay at max range anyway, so the traverse doesn't effect you as much as it would on a better platform.

The extra pen helps, since even with premium the short 88 can struggle against t7 heavies. The only problem is that it's 60% of the research cost of the Nashorn while not being required or carrying over. Skipping it is a valid choice, probably a better choice, but I would and will argue that it is the better gun.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Has anybody gone through the new low-tier French tanks yet? Any keepers/sealclubbers? Just looking at the stats I'm guessing the following:
The FCM36 and the R35 both look very slow, with decent armor and mediocre guns. They actually strongly remind me of the Hotchkiss; I'm not quite sure why they even wasted time adding them to the game since they appear redundant.
The S35 is something of a reasonable medium tank for tier 3, especially compared to the rest of them. Compared to the captured German version, they each have their strengths (both the guns and the tanks themselves), and the S35 is definitely superior to the D2 and AMX38. Decent gun, armor, and mobility for tier 3, this thing looks playable at least.
The SARL42 looks sluggish, with ineffective armor for the tier. There are two usable guns, a 75 and an improved 47 but DPM looks low, reminiscent of the Valentine.
The G1R actually seems like the most interesting one of the bunch. Equal armor all around, moderate mobility, and a couple of acceptable gun choices (a 105 howitzer or a buffed 75 from the previous tank.) It seems comparable to the M4: the French tank has less mobility but better armor and two analogous guns.

I don't have the soft stats like terrain resistance or gun depression handy, I just checked out the tanks in-game briefly. If anything I might check out the tiers 3-5 at my leisure.

----------------------------------------------------------

I guess to try to be helpful I'll put all the new invite codes together and try to keep the list update, although I have a feeling they won't get too much use. Also, I must point out that they give the exact same benefits as the WOTREDDIT code, so as long as that code stays around (and it seems to be persistent) there's no point in these ones from Razer (which are also single-use, I'm sure, unlike the WOTREDDIT one.)

Also, FPSRUSSIA gives the same stuff for new players but swaps out the T2LT for the Locust.

Uranium 235 posted:

92DCC-M5X82-SXBD2-YHU4V-K7537
92DCR-82G44-S65C5-299CK-GUK9B
92DCA-MTSKM-9C35W-7TTB2-U2TDF

Chillyrabbit posted:

92DCR-U73TN-5YKRP-RM4B2-5YHX6
92DCZ-ZFSB5-E7A79-EGCGV-289M8
92DCT-3EAMG-C5KT7-K5XPT-VP38U

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

92DCA-8BBUX-3RBAN-DVN26-SKP97
92DC3-PGKFN-MNYU4-3MA2C-T5PMH
92DCS-W45VW-FCKBN-W3PTT-27VF4

Atomizer posted:

92DCR-DKGXH-NDBXS-HBWUS-9NZPN
92DC7-2E2E7-TFE2N-KGM95-7HGKV
92DC7-DSB7V-V63MC-XGP9B-DK79U

----------------------------------------------------------

The SU85 is awful. I honestly think it might be one of the worst tier 5s. Its view range and HP combo makes it nearly impossible to do anything on your own.

Azhais posted:

The Pz Sfl IVc would like a word

Both of those TDs are effective tier 5s. They're not flawless, but they're solid if you aren't a total retard. Slim summarized the SU-85 well; basically it's a Soviet StuG-OG, which is the best tank in the game FYI. It gets two solid guns (the 85 or the 122) and great mobility and camo. It shouldn't be spotting things on its own. Hell, it's pretty much OP. I got my Pool's in the SU-85 with Gungan as my wingman.

The Toaster trades armor and camo for mobility and guns. All three of its guns are effective, but the top gun is basically the long 88 at tier 5! Again, you shouldn't be spotting or getting shot at in this TD. Just click tanks with your ridiculous 88s and you'll be fine.

Desuwa posted:

Top 88 made the TD for me. The 20 extra alpha means you're two-shotting instead of three-shotting same tier mediums, and your accuracy is much better. The gun traverse would be a bigger issue except you're forced to stay at max range anyway, so the traverse doesn't effect you as much as it would on a better platform.

The extra pen helps, since even with premium the short 88 can struggle against t7 heavies. The only problem is that it's 60% of the research cost of the Nashorn while not being required or carrying over. Skipping it is a valid choice, probably a better choice, but I would and will argue that it is the better gun.

I'll tell new players to use the 75 or the middle 88 while solo, or the long 88 in a platoon. The drawback of the long 88 is mostly negated by competent buddies. I agree that it only makes sense to research it if you're going to keep the tank (which I did.)

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

lol. pubbie complaining that all of his shots were missing because computers can't perfectly generate random numbers, and that pseudorandom number generators are the reason he lost

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
I want to confirm again that I am in Denver and am not playing the world of tanka tournament, however if I were doing them and my teammates hosed it up I probably would not handle it in a calm manner. That tournament has some insane payouts!

On the other hand I can bake some good cookies and apparently making cannabutter is easy. Night goons!

srb
Jul 24, 2007
Is cannabutter like Nutella if it was a controlled substance?

Also, is it worth it to even try playing on the weekends anymore? Last couple of weekends have been absolute hell.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
SU-85 doesn't have insane camo, it has the same camo to two significant figures as every non toaster tier 5 TD (AT 2 and M10 aren't TDs). It also has 350 view range with binoculars active. 350 view range is really bad. You cannot play vision games with view range that caps out with active binoculars at the same as a medium tank with no equipment.
"Don't spot your own targets" isn't a good excuse, if you'll be sitting that far away you might as well play a toaster with a better gun.

It's ok to like or do well in bad tanks.

edit: that said, if wargaming ever nerfed the T67 it's closer; when I last played the SU-85 was a full tier worse than the T67, and probably worse than the SU-85B even without considering matchmaking.

James Garfield fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Apr 25, 2015

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
It's mostly the gun. I don't think it's a bad tank at all, mostly because you don't need to play spotting games in tier 5, just be somewhere useful. The 85b has a real problem with how soft it is, and a minor problem with its gun elevation. The 85 gets a big mantlet, so if you need to wrestle a win out of a game you don't have to rely on a bush near the cap circle.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

these RNG videos shown inbetween the matches on WGLNA right now are hilarious and sad at the same time

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
SU85 is done. The last game of course was one where everything kinda worked...5 kills 1200 damage. Meh it's gone soon as that sale ends. Hello SU 100 though you look might fine. Also after 3 games in the STUG without the top gun I already like it more. Whatever...TDs really aren't my thing, but if I'm going to get some of those high TD missions going to need a 704.

Edit: AHAHAHHA looking at the stats - 42% WR 600 damage per game with 167 assisted. Let that be a lesson DON'T PLAY SOLO KIDS.

rex rabidorum vires fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Apr 25, 2015

srb
Jul 24, 2007
Why do pubbies automatically assume you are addressing them, even when you specifically say a tank name (that they are not driving) or even a player name (that is not theirs)? Do they just assume any criticism or question is aimed at them? Is it self importance or lack of self confidence?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The only tier 5 TD you should play is the Stug.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
Is anyone having trouble logging in? I'm stuck on the synchronization page and I am wondering if it's perhaps the aslain's modpack update that's causing it.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's probably the mods. I had the same problem yesterday before uninstalling my modpack. Solo's current modpack works just fine afaik.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

BadLlama posted:

The only tier 5 TD you should play is the Stug.

The T67 is still fantastic. It was so loving broken with 370m view range, but it 340 makes it only slightly less ridiculous with optics.

There is allegedly a planned perk to increase max ammo capacity. If they do end up doing that whole business, my T67 will get some more playtime.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

E100 model is broken;

LostCosmonaut fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Apr 25, 2015

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

It's probably the mods. I had the same problem yesterday before uninstalling my modpack. Solo's current modpack works just fine afaik.

I used the installer cleanup tool and that did the trick. Had quite a lot of fun with my big bad T-28, when I hang back and have lots of tanks ahead of me as bait it does a great job ripping up things near its tier with the 57mm.

He'll, even the m3 was fun today, I had some hard cover on my blind side and was giving a pair of heavies a run for their money before I had to retreat.

Still on the wrong side of 50% win rate but things are looking up.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
*** gfpremwot ***

This seems to be good for a free day of premium. Someone dropped it in game and it worked for me at least.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Jago posted:

*** gfpremwot ***

This seems to be good for a free day of premium. Someone dropped it in game and it worked for me at least.

yeah just worked for me on EU.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

LostCosmonaut posted:

E100 model is broken;

wait, what? can you just shoot it anywhere or is it a hole in the armor model somewhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

TheFluff posted:

wait, what? can you just shoot it anywhere or is it a hole in the armor model somewhere?

I think there's a hole in the armor model where the side of the turret meets the hull.