Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I dunno, the multicolor destructive eyebeams were the takeaway for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

My favorite Condesce thing is how she just speaks exactly like meenah.

Also that whole conversation.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I'm very fond of this one:

trickster mode, so not linking posted:

tipsyGnostalgic [TG] began pestering )(er Imperious Condescension
TG: batterwitch pls help
TG: my friends are completely insane
TG: can you throw me back in jail :(
)(IC: gurl u made your cocoon
)(IC: DWI
)(er Imperious Condescension logged the gently caress out.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Has *all* the shaving cream been exploded already?

Yes.

I think all that was in that wallet was the Tumour bomb, everything else had been chucked out. It was with the bunny.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
The secret to defeating Condy is fishpuns.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

WAR FOOT posted:

The secret to defeating Condy is fishpuns.

And a good sense of humor. Then she'll be butter in your hands.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Now I'm imagining that the way the Laughsassins got their start was that the Condesce hired a high-blooded troll caste to be the gate-keepers of fish-puns, and it just spiraled from there to the point where they would kill you if you couldn't make them laugh (like Dualscar).

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Even the Dignitary knew this.

Paying her off with Swedish Fish works!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Maybe she fell in love with Sassacre because he was the only one who could keep up with her in terms of fish pun quantity and quality.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

It beats being captivated by his legs.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

He just conquered her with maritime based sweet talk.

"Your eyes. Are an ocean. Your breasts. Are also an ocean."

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I'm doing a reread at the moment, because seeing Karkat's old logs made me want to read more of Karkat's old logs.

And now I just noticed the spooky helmet in the background of Grandpa Harley's Trophy Hoard.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

WAR FOOT posted:

I'm doing a reread at the moment, because seeing Karkat's old logs made me want to read more of Karkat's old logs.

And now I just noticed the spooky helmet in the background of Grandpa Harley's Trophy Hoard.
DAUGHTERS OF ECLECTICA

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Blackheart posted:

This is a good post

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Blackheart posted:

This reads how Caliborn would try to seduce her.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
A thought, recorded for theorymongering: Union Jack was created by Gamzee faffing about in the session. Potentially this didn't happen now, because Vriska. However, the flash made a point of showing that the dreambubbles/stuff in the Outer Ring persisted despite the retcon, but only as alternate timelines or failed remnants. So we have Union Jack, still probably in the Outer Ring, zooming back into the "fixed" session with his wacky Cal-possession powers. I'm wondering if him being severed from the main causality of the session is going to turn out to be important? This might also explain why an alternate timeline Gamzee, in the trolls' session, was necessary for creating the LE that came out of Scratch: LE's a result of the alpha timeline, but dependent on specific beta timelines, which might be a key to defeating him.

The alternate possibility, of course, is that Vriska tosses Lil Cal into Jack's cell on Prospit because she's Vriska.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
If Cal doesn't wind up in the cell in this new version of the session, then we have another Jack: the one who was just sitting in jail before he got possessed. So it might be cool to see Jack be important again somehow.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I support any theory that results in another Jack being added to the story, which is why I hope that the Jack from Caliborn's session becomes relevant again.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Without Union Jack nuking Prospit, Jane and Jake would not have god-tiered. So he probably still happened. Either, yeah, Vriska did it, or Gamzee arranged it some other way.

Now seems like a good time to lay odds on which antagonists are defeated by which protagonists, and how.

Antagonists:
- Batterwitch
- Union Jack
- Bec Noir
- Lord English
- Caliborn
- Andrew Hussie

Also, where do you guys think we'll resume on Monday? A look at Jade on her three-year trip? A pullback that shows that Vriska's instagram montage was a bit biased? Going right back right after the Batterwitch sprung her 2x Trap Combo? Jump ahead to right after they put Jane to sleep?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Bobulus posted:

Also, where do you guys think we'll resume on Monday? A look at Jade on her three-year trip? A pullback that shows that Vriska's instagram montage was a bit biased? Going right back right after the Batterwitch sprung her 2x Trap Combo? Jump ahead to right after they put Jane to sleep?

Viceroy Bubbles von Salamancer.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Bobulus posted:

Hussie loves switching POV right at a cliffhanger, so *not* more meteor, and not the meteor reunion. Either something we've never seen at all, maximizing frustration (for instance, Rose's quest); Jade & Jane with Calliope; or details of Union Jack and White Jack out beyond the Furthest Ring.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Monday will bring us the splash screen for the Squiddles Sburb playthrough that will become briefly plot relevant a thousand pages later before becoming retconned out of existence but leaving John with a totally-plot-critical taste for Vegemite.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Bongo Bill posted:

Oh, he cares. It's one of his hobbies.

Ladies and Gentlemen I have gathered you all here today because I have finally discovered the truth.
I know who drew the dicks. In fact, that person is in this very room.
*camera pans over to Dave and Karkat*

The perpetrator is...

Andrew Hussie.

Note to Self
Mar 21, 2012
I actually think we're gonna stay with Dirk and Vriska, and learn a little more about her latest scheme. Maybe it'll end with them throwing something else in the seizure kernel, that'd be a twist I guess.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Jade & Jane with Calliope

Oh my God if it's story time with their boring asses again I'll throw my computer against the wall.

...so that's definitely what it's going to be, isn't it. :sigh:

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Note to Self posted:

I actually think we're gonna stay with Dirk and Vriska, and learn a little more about her latest scheme. Maybe it'll end with them throwing something else in the seizure kernel, that'd be a twist I guess.
Recognizing the futility and horror of his existence, Dirk throws himself in *with* AR, thus uniting the fragments.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Blackheart posted:

My favorite Condesce thing is how she just speaks exactly like meenah.

The implications of this - that all the ancestors speak like their dancestor selves - makes the Signless and Redglare a lot funnier to think about.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Plom Bar posted:

The implications of this - that all the ancestors speak like their dancestor selves - makes the Signless and Redglare a lot funnier to think about.

The court finds you hella groady and unbitchin', your sentence is mondo death.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
That reminds me. What originally happened to the Alpha session Dad? He got captured by Derse like in the Beta session. He got heavily involved in Derse's twitter scene, becoming a local celebrity. Then what?

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

That reminds me. What originally happened to the Alpha session Dad? He got captured by Derse like in the Beta session. He got heavily involved in Derse's twitter scene, becoming a local celebrity. Then what?

Still on Derse

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

paranoid randroid posted:

The court finds you hella groady and unbitchin', your sentence is mondo death.

The court will also accept gnarly fakie beta flips as evidence.

Holy poo poo you're right, this is amazing. Horuss still drawing his stupid dick-emojis as he executes people, pleasantly discussing his favorite robot bits.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

WAR FOOT posted:

The court will also accept gnarly fakie beta flips as evidence.

Holy poo poo you're right, this is amazing. Horuss still drawing his stupid dick-emojis as he executes people, pleasantly discussing his favorite robot bits.

Thank you for coming today to hear my sermon. Triggers will include blood-color, hemophobia, privilege, and blood-shaming.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Classtoise posted:

Thank you for coming today to hear my sermon. Triggers will include blood-color, hemophobia, privilege, and blood-shaming.

That's fine and all, but I really like 'perpetually pissed off but still somehow does the same poo poo as Jesus' Sufferer:

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Bobulus posted:

That's fine and all, but I really like 'perpetually pissed off but still somehow does the same poo poo as Jesus' Sufferer:

Biblestuck is magical.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

That parable always did bother me, for exactly the reasons the Dolorosa mentioned.

I've been thinking about the big reunion on Rockhenge. Is that late enough in time that it will have been affected by the RetJohn? Because if so, having John appear, hug everybody, and vanish will have been* super creepy for the not-time-travellers. We've had it established that Dave can't detect the effects of John's power, so as far as he's concerned this is the first time around this merry-go-round.

* God, I love the tenses Homestuck inflicts on me.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

It's hard to say if Rockhenge will even happen. Everyone appeared there because Jade teleported them there, but this time around, Vriska put her to sleep while everyone was still standing on the Meteor. However, there's still stuff Jade needs to do (like, for example, save Alpha-Earth to become Caliborn's planet), so maybe they'll have her wake up and do the same stuff she would have done, only not evil this time?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

There won't be a big reunion on rockhenge. That only happened because Grimbark Jade teleported everyone there, for reasons which were obscured by glitchy bullshit.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Ariong posted:

There won't be a big reunion on rockhenge. That only happened because Grimbark Jade teleported everyone there, for reasons which were obscured by glitchy bullshit.
It would be much too much to hope for that we got the de-glitched flash and conversations, wouldn't it? Much too much too much.

I won't complain if the next thing we get is any of the teenage conversations Hussie has promised. Many, many rounds of "WHAT THE gently caress WERE YOU THINKING?!?!?!" are called for.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Arsenic Lupin posted:

That parable always did bother me, for exactly the reasons the Dolorosa mentioned.

That's the Psiionic. Try using your brain numbnuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Plom Bar posted:

Now imagine the Sufferer's divine scripture filled with cat emojis and feels.