Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goodness
Jan 3, 2012

just keep swimming

Spiteski posted:

This is exactly the kind of poo poo I'd expect from a '14 :smug:

drat 2013's :smuggo:

e: well this is awkward

goodness fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Apr 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Dalael posted:

:argh: Cloaky Campers!!!

:worship: Ullerrm.

Mission success!

Just stop, Jesus.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
Most of the posting in this thread is terrible. Instead of making bad posts, join Hole Violence:

https://zkillboard.com/corporation/98342574/

Look at our terrible killboard, including our latest loss, Koshka Narkotikov getting blown up by our Bastion allies on our way home from a drunken roam! But really though, I'm leading fleets regularly which means you'll get a lot of kills, and hilarious losses. It's kind of like Space Violence from two years ago sprinkled with some black ops guys.

edit: Ignore all that red from yesterday, I didn't FC that one :sun:

smertrioslol fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Apr 26, 2015

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Are people just trolling on reddit or did DBRB really goonfuck? http://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/33w62c/rip_dabigredboat/

I kinda assume its fake considering no one has uttered a word about this here.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Dalael posted:

Are people just trolling on reddit or did DBRB really goonfuck? http://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/33w62c/rip_dabigredboat/

:frogout:

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Dalael posted:

Yep he's been booted, rip bomberwaffe.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Hazdoc posted:

Welp at least he can now go and join Pandemic Le... :laffo: sorry couldn't even finish it with a straight face.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Had two Moros and two Archons ripe for the ganking just now but didn't have the mans and didn't have the exits for a SV batphone.

We were even connected to a blue WH corp's hole, but they're between TZs as well.

:negative: SO HARD

smertrioslol posted:

edit: Ignore all that red from yesterday, I didn't FC that one :sun:

A throwback to Red October, for sure.

Normal Barbarian fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Apr 26, 2015

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Hazdoc posted:

This sucks. I actually like Boat a lot. Is there a story behind this other than vague rambling on reddit?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

smertrioslol posted:

This sucks. I actually like Boat a lot. Is there a story behind this other than vague rambling on reddit?

You guys are so gullible, that ping was doctored, nothing happened, stop believing everything you hear on reddit (and then mocked about here)

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

just keep swimming

smertrioslol posted:

Khuros Khan?

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Otacon posted:

You guys are so gullible, that ping was doctored, nothing happened, stop believing everything you hear on reddit (and then mocked about here)

:shrug: I see multiple posts and links to it in this thread.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

smertrioslol posted:

Ullerrm's get out and Darth Cookie's post should have been enough clue I think. :raise:

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

smertrioslol posted:

It's that season again, apparently. Stop being dumb.

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

I can't believe someone would accuse an upstanding goontizen such as dbrb of doctoring a reddit submission, that's hosed up.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Xolve posted:

It's that season again, apparently. Stop being dumb.

What?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

:laffo: a fitting place for someone who took dust seriously~

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

"Boat did thing" is a biannual topic on Reddit. And people fall for it every time. And by " I see multiple posts and links to it in this thread," you're talking about multiple posts by Dalael and then people mocking him. Be ashamed.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Maneck posted:

"Boat did thing" is a biannual topic on Reddit. And people fall for it every time. And by " I see multiple posts and links to it in this thread," you're talking about multiple posts by Dalael and then people mocking him. Be ashamed.

Moderately I suppose. Hard to tell what's really terrible posting and what's a troll with the last few pages. Shame upon my family forever for asking.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

WEON is joining Bastion??

Cerebral Wolf
Jun 20, 2008

Account lapsed 3 days ago, I wrongly thought BNI would be fun.

I think, maybe... I'm finally done with playing EVE. Spending some quality time in prison the last year seems to have got me clean. That's not to say I won't poo poo post from time to time, it's fun reading about it still.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

I don't know but,

Sums up the last few pages perfectly.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

WEON is joining Bastion??

Meh. Deadtear will be sad he can't make any more Mexican jokes.

Cerebral Wolf posted:

Account lapsed 3 days ago, I wrongly thought BNI would be fun.

I think, maybe... I'm finally done with playing EVE. Spending some quality time in prison the last year seems to have got me clean. That's not to say I won't poo poo post from time to time, it's fun reading about it still.

Out of curiosity did your stint have anything to do with your Goonfeet shenanigans or was it unrelated?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

darth cookie posted:

Meh. Deadtear will be sad he can't make any more Mexican jokes.

:confused: when did i start

Cerebral Wolf
Jun 20, 2008

darth cookie posted:

Out of curiosity did your stint have anything to do with your Goonfeet shenanigans or was it unrelated?

Don't be silly, it was totally unrelated to that... don't date and upset cops.

Or don't be stupid enough to think you can upset cops and nothing happen.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Maneck posted:

By multiple, you mean one right? Let me help by showing the exact number of fingers you require if you count those "multiple posts" on your hand: http://imgur.com/A9Eue2W

Counting and math, not just for accountants and society's elite anymore. :)

E: For some reason, I can't make it into a thumbnail which would increase the comedic value of this post by a factor of 0. I really fail at this interweb stuff. :aslol:

Dalael fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Apr 26, 2015

KernelSlanders
May 27, 2013

Rogue operating systems on occasion spread lies and rumors about me.

I said come in! posted:

There's tons of stuff you can do solo, but you probably meant PvP? I'm not the one to answer any PvP related questions though, but plenty of people do PvP on their own.

Yeah, mostly.

KernelSlanders fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Apr 28, 2015

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

smertrioslol posted:

Oh noes..

e. gently caress I missed the tildes, no one is going to believe that poo poo.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

:confused: when did i start

For some reason I thought you were one of the ones taking cracks about WEON's Mexican quotient. I think I might have gotten you confused with Atrum when he got into some of his reimbursement rants a while back. Mea Culpa.

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.

scandoslav posted:

Had two Moros and two Archons ripe for the ganking just now but didn't have the mans and didn't have the exits for a SV batphone.

We were even connected to a blue WH corp's hole, but they're between TZs as well.

Site runners? Could have taken them out with 15-20 dudes if you had neuts on field, couple of guys have armageddons don't they?

In other WH news, A Nest Of Vipers decided to siege a HK jewhole, before getting scared of ~diplomacy~ talks and backing off :negative:. I'm still not playing, exams are over in <1 month though.

edit- gossip, lzhx (honorary whcfc member) are booting tdsin (c6 farmers) out or something I think.

MorsAnima fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Apr 26, 2015

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

MorsAnima posted:

Site runners? Could have taken them out with 15-20 dudes if you had neuts on field, couple of guys have armageddons don't they?

In other WH news, A Nest Of Vipers decided to siege a HK jewhole, before getting scared of ~diplomacy~ talks and backing off :negative:. I'm still not playing, exams are over in <1 month though.

edit- gossip, lzhx (honorary whcfc member) are booting tdsin (c6 farmers) out or something I think.
15-20 is like max dudes CTA for hole squad and it isn't happening at 1am.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Wolfy posted:

15-20 is like max dudes CTA for hole squad and it isn't happening at 1am.

When I think of a HS max dudes cta all i can see is a sleep deprived garnt fumbling through his pen collection for a red one at 1am and getting it stuck in his laptops dvd drive somehow.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
Now I feel like a stupid babby for going to bed early last night:negative:

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Zasze posted:

When I think of a HS max dudes cta all i can see is a sleep deprived garnt fumbling through his pen collection for a red one at 1am and getting it stuck in his laptops dvd drive somehow.
Garnt fumbling for a pen, and only finding his dilz.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

MorsAnima posted:

Booting tdsin to install more renters? Are there any non-renter c6 corps still active?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Lol if you think hole squad can muster 20 people except in situations of existential crisis. The most I've ever seen was 15, and that was because SSC rolled into us. We have 20-30 people in jabber, at most. I think that may be an accurate count of our total warm bodies, managing 20 people is a hell of a feat for a max group of 30.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Apr 26, 2015

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
So why didn't it work out to have hole squad in the Goonswarm Federation?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Zephyrine posted:

So why didn't it work out to have hole squad in the Goonswarm Federation?

pretty much the entire constituency of wormhole space is people who hate goons

flying that flag acts like a lightning rod for trouble and earns you no advantages in w-space

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
My first ganking attempt was a very expensive lesson in game mechanics.

I found a nice 0.5 system with quite a few belts. I was happy to find an Orca, a venture and 2 procuror. I scanned one of the procurer and surprise, completely untanked. Easy right? Not for me! Using what I had learned from Kazak_Hstan, I took some necessary precaution by spawning concord at a custom office. So far so good! I warped to my bookmark with my newly bought ganking Catalyst and immediately started shooting my target. However, I was still out of range which means that my first 2 salvo's were complete miss. Just as the guy was getting half hull, concord showed up and blew me up.

That in itself is not a bad thing. I made my way back to Jita and got in another Catalyst. I bought many ships and fit since I expected to fail and have to attempt again. Still excited despite my failed attempt, I undocked from Jita while I still had a criminal timer. Here is the moment I was taught a lesson. Until that precise moment, I did not know that I would not be able to warp. My brand new catalyst promptly exploded and some guys on the Jita undock podded me before I had time to react. The funny thing is, I had just bought implants for that clone.

All in all, I lost around 45m in implants and probably close to 30m in ships + fits. For a poor guy like me, it is a bit expensive. I'll say this however, it was fun as hell to try something new in this game, and it will definitely not be my only attempt. When I have a bit more time, I will try until I succeed several times and actually get a bit better at it. I don't think ganking will be my new way of life, but it will be something I will enjoy from time to time.

Thank you Kazak_Hstan for giving me all that information the other day. I will not let your effort post go to waste!

Here are my lossmail for your enjoyment:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/46240937/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/46241167/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/46241169/

Fake Edit: I need to get a cheaper fit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

My new HS alt got its first killmail today.

https://beta.eve-kill.net/kill/46242566/

• Locked thread