Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarden
May 20, 2012

Theta Zero posted:

Projectile, but the bullets move so fast that they're practically hitscan unless you're playing with 150+ ping.

I'm pretty sure it's hitscan for everything save "slow" projectile weapons like shotguns, the nailgun, and the buzzsaw launcher until zed time kicks in; then everything is a projectile. I'd much prefer it if it was the way you say it is because it would make automatic weapons not feel weird. Try standing on the other side of the map from a clot and shoot them in the head with your pistol, I guarantee the head will pop the instant you press the fire button.

Rarden fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Apr 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
In KF1, yeah. KF2 is definitely all projectile. You gotta lead with rifles and pistols.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

My bad. So standing still does do horizontal swings. This just reiterates that this game is one of the greats

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So after playing I realized something. It's small but didn't the meat system have gibs and soft bodies/rag dolls thats reacted to players? I recall in one of the dev videos they showed chunks of guts and brains that could be kicked around by the player along with rag dolls but I have yet to see any soft body gibs like that and bodies don't react to players at all https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx_J4F9xe8g

EDIT: Oh wait seems the full M.E.A.T. system isn't implemented yet according to one dev

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Apr 26, 2015

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Just won a round with a group of apparently idiot savants.

They all stood on the catwalk on Paris against the Patriarch, all got a hefty dose of gas, all burned ammo during his invincible chase phase...and yet we won against him with only one dude dying.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Broose posted:

In KF1, yeah. KF2 is definitely all projectile. You gotta lead with rifles and pistols.
Actually in KF1 it's always hitscan no matter what. It's really obvious when it goes into ZED Time while playing Commando and you fire one bullet and the zed's head pops instantly while the tracer effect slowly makes it's way over and doesn't even hit where you were aiming.

But yeah I want to say that it's all projectile in KF2.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

So, I just realized that you can reliably headpop gorefasts with the weapon butt with a bit of practice.

I've been saving ammo by killing lone crawlers and cysts/clots/slashers with the stock of my weapons, the fact that you can headpop gorefasts with it is hilarious. I love watching them run, all screaming and threatening with their arm blade at me only to take the butt of my rifle to their jaw in a gore-filled explosion.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

So I can't find the goon server on the list, even though I've been told it should show up. How do I favorite it, if I can't get it to appear?

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Think I found the best test map.

(edit: picture also contains the link)

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
MAKE IT RAIN

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ... TO YOU

that first one is the best gif I've put in this thread, by the way

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Oh man is that a keyboard macro to spam the dosh key? I know what I'm doing later.

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Mar 31, 2022

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
So i've decided this game is pretty much made for playing berserker after trying it out with a friend. My friend was playing it like a tactical shooter, falling back while making careful headshots whenever he could. I was playing it like I was a worshiper of Khorne.

All I saw was red and a chaotic swirling melee that lead to me putting down an entire hallway of zombies while he stood back and stared in awe. All he saw was me suddenly sprinting past him and going apeshit on a horde of not-zombies while I cackled like a lunatic and slaughtered the better part of an entire wave.

I heard him mutter "Jesus..." over the mic once they're gone, which prompted me to turn around. Turns out my psychotic rampage has literally left the hallway covered in blood. :black101:

Archonex fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Apr 26, 2015

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

splifyphus posted:

Played some suicidal with my 16 zerker and the perk is losing its shine for me. So much more poo poo spawns that you can't really do much but spam horizontal swings wildly in doorways (and hope you have a good medic), the new animations make heads much harder to hit, and with 6 players sirens, bloats and husks no longer die in a single hammer alt fire to the head. There's so many scrakes and FPs that you spend a lot of your time just trying to isolate and parry them, all the while not getting any kills/dosh. Feels like the perk's usefulness just got cut in half.

Maybe I just need more practice, or more levels, or maybe zerkers suck on harder difficulties - regardless it isn't that fun and I'm thinking of just switching to support.

People were making GBS threads on the Eviscerator earlier, but I think it's quite good. Most of the time, if you aim properly, the saw blades will one-shot sirens, bloats, and husks, while staggering scrakes and pounds. If you need to parry poo poo, the Crovel will do the job, but my group has found it better to let the support guy(s) run up and unload into the scrakes and pounds. Beyond that, stand in a doorway and wave your saw around, killing all trash.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Archonex posted:

I heard him mutter "Jesus..." over the mic once they're gone, which prompted me to turn around. Turns out my psychotic rampage has literally left the hallway covered in blood. :black101:

Painting entire areas in the blood of your enemies is metal as gently caress and one of my many favorite things about this game

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Fina posted:

Oh man is that a keyboard macro to spam the dosh key? I know what I'm doing later.

I think the favoured method is to bind dosh dropping to your mouse wheel.

Unclean009
Mar 27, 2010

I don't know if it's been mentioned in here before but I finally fixed the massive stuttering issues I was having.

Apparently it's somehow related to texture streaming. I have a decent rig (i7 4790k, gtx 780, ssd, plenty of ram) but the game would stutter like crazy.

In KFEngine.ini set bUseTextureStreaming to False.

Buttery smooth now. Might use some more vram since it isn't hotloading the textures, but everything is good now.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
So I've discovered that sprinting at Scrakes charging you works surprisingly well. They don't turn too well so if you sprint past them while they're charging at you you'll take far less damage than trying to back up (and sometimes dodge their attack completely). Also if they're near full HP you can stun them with your weapon butt which is a good way to open on them. All this is on hard mind you so maybe on suicidal/HoE they get some crazy gently caress you attack if you try this.

Just uh, make sure you don't instinctively hit reload and cause you to be unable to sprint cause then you'll still eat the full attack and die probably.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

splifyphus posted:

Played some suicidal with my 16 zerker and the perk is losing its shine for me. So much more poo poo spawns that you can't really do much but spam horizontal swings wildly in doorways (and hope you have a good medic), the new animations make heads much harder to hit, and with 6 players sirens, bloats and husks no longer die in a single hammer alt fire to the head. There's so many scrakes and FPs that you spend a lot of your time just trying to isolate and parry them, all the while not getting any kills/dosh. Feels like the perk's usefulness just got cut in half.

Maybe I just need more practice, or more levels, or maybe zerkers suck on harder difficulties - regardless it isn't that fun and I'm thinking of just switching to support.

Sounds about right. They just need to tweak damage resistance for the zerker so they dont get too overwhelmed. Also a riot shield mechanic would be cool.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Psion posted:

MAKE IT RAIN

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ... TO YOU

that first one is the best gif I've put in this thread, by the way

Where's the one on Paris from the upper balcony?

Those look amazing in third person, though. Thank you, adjustable-setting mouse wheel.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
How many individual body parts can you identify in the following image?

Fleshpound fall down :(

GOTY 2015

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Insert name here posted:

So I've discovered that sprinting at Scrakes charging you works surprisingly well. They don't turn too well so if you sprint past them while they're charging at you you'll take far less damage than trying to back up (and sometimes dodge their attack completely). Also if they're near full HP you can stun them with your weapon butt which is a good way to open on them. All this is on hard mind you so maybe on suicidal/HoE they get some crazy gently caress you attack if you try this.

Just uh, make sure you don't instinctively hit reload and cause you to be unable to sprint cause then you'll still eat the full attack and die probably.

People have figured out you can sprint past their attack, then wiggle around behind them. They'll try to turn around to face you instead of actually attacking for a pretty long while which lets you and your team dump on a stationary, very slowly rotating scrake.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Beat lab on suicidal because the 30 man server was bugged and was spawning for 1 person. We were all pretty much afk until hans.

Then switched servers and beat suicidal in Paris. Fight hans around the subway cars, it's easy to kite and LOS the gas/grenades there. Plus you can shoot through every window.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

CheeseSpawn posted:

Sounds about right. They just need to tweak damage resistance for the zerker so they dont get too overwhelmed. Also a riot shield mechanic would be cool.

Zerkers need more than 5% damage resistance. poo poo, make it increase with level. I'm actually curious if a max level medic would make a better berserker than a max level berserker. You would lose out on 25% weapon damage and attack speed, but that extra health and armor would be way better than a lousy 5% damage resistance and you would get higher bloat resistance. Also, it isn't like medics get a damage bonus anyway, so why not use off-perk weapons after you are done leveling? The only downside I can see is losing the 25% siren resistance. It isn't like any of the current berserker perks are anything spectacular, either. Well, I guess formidable is kind of nice, but most of the other bonuses are either contingent on having low health or are just plain worthless. Low health and no heals means it is time to kite, not wade in.

Stink Fuck Rob
Nov 22, 2006
I HAVEN'T BATHED SINCE DECEMBER 4, 2009. ARE U READY FOR A STINK FUCK????
Some awesome new things I've learned for playing support

1. Always be sprinting. Why not?

2. The melee bash is great for finishing off any stragglers that survive your shotgun blasts

3. The Boomstick sends you flying if you alt fire it while jumping :haw:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

An ode to shotguns, .gifv edition:

http://www.gfycat.com/EarlyGiganticGrayling
http://www.gfycat.com/NegligibleBeautifulGoldfinch
http://www.gfycat.com/ForkedEssentialBackswimmer
http://www.gfycat.com/GlaringCreamyHoki
http://www.gfycat.com/NeedyPiercingCondor

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Serious Frolicking posted:

Zerkers need more than 5% damage resistance. poo poo, make it increase with level. I'm actually curious if a max level medic would make a better berserker than a max level berserker. You would lose out on 25% weapon damage and attack speed, but that extra health and armor would be way better than a lousy 5% damage resistance and you would get higher bloat resistance. Also, it isn't like medics get a damage bonus anyway, so why not use off-perk weapons after you are done leveling? The only downside I can see is losing the 25% siren resistance. It isn't like any of the current berserker perks are anything spectacular, either. Well, I guess formidable is kind of nice, but most of the other bonuses are either contingent on having low health or are just plain worthless. Low health and no heals means it is time to kite, not wade in.

Agreed on this, 5% damage res is way to drat low for a class that's constantly in middle of things and its retarded that the medic has 75% bloat res at max level and zerker is capped at 35%, all of the zerk's stats should go up with level, have the bloat and siren resist cap at 50% and bring up the damage res to KF1 levels.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I'd like to see a de-emphasis on movement speed and actual resistances that are worth a drat for a supposed tank

Let the martial artist be a slippery kitey motherfucker

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
It is also possible that swat and/or dragon is supposed to be the tanky fucker and berserker is supposed to be less durable by comparison. But right now, it is only natural to want the dude who needs to take hits to take them well.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

splifyphus posted:

When I was running Suicidal on the goon server we had some success (at least for a couple of waves) assigning a zerker to each side of the area (we were holding out by the trucks in the snow base level) to serve as a front line against incoming zeds and deal with any incoming Scrakes/FPs. The nailgun is really good at ripping through hordes of smaller zeds so if you find yourself getting overwhelemed it's probably time to just fall back and thin the crowds from range for a bit. That's what it's there for, after all.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

If they give to SWAT class a riot shield, I'm sure goons will find new ways to block/corner other pubbies or zeds for laughs. I still remember cornering terrorists in counter strike with it until the round ended.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Guillermus posted:

If they give to SWAT class a riot shield, I'm sure goons will find new ways to block/corner other pubbies or zeds for laughs. I still remember cornering terrorists in counter strike with it until the round ended.

I dunno, that kind of stuff was funny when I was a teenager playing mmo's but on a team of 6 people that seems pretty stupid.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

In KF1, in a really early release version I remember blocking the pat with crouched zerkers and the AI couldn't do a thing, just standing on place circling. Cornering Hans with 2-3 SWATs while medics heal and dish out damage can be a viable strategy depending on how good SWATs are at taking damage.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Have they revealed any info about the new perks or are you just assuming the helmet perk is a SWAT perk? Because it's probably far more likely that it's a heavy weapons guy who gets LMGs and the LAW.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

From the Steam page:

quote:

NOTE: It is quite likely that there are some regions where we may be required to make cuts in the future, particularly in the gore system, to comply with local ratings boards, once we get the game into its full release status. Regions most likely at risk of this are Germany (via USK) and Australia (via OFLC). Japan is another possibility (via CERO), but is an unknown quantity to us. To be quite clear: this means that, if you are buying from a region which regularly forces cuts on to games for gore, you may get reduced gore when we go to the full release version of the game.

I'm looking for someone who is neither from Germany or Australia to trade me the uncut version (I'm in Germany). Will give a generous tip.

I would be down for a six pack, too.

edit: forgot my steam profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/Edelguard

Onkel Hedwig fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Apr 26, 2015

Theodyn
Oct 12, 2012

I like all kinds of alcohol. Except schnapps. Schnapps can go to hell.
I would be down to be part of a six pack, if anyone's putting one together.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Onkel Hedwig posted:

I'm looking for someone who is neither from Germany or Australia to trade me the uncut version (I'm in Germany). Will give a generous tip.

As of right now there aren't any additional SKUs for German or Australian versions so it's entirely possible that even if you get a gifted copy from outside Germany you'll still end up with the cut version. You probably want to wait, or at the very least contact TWI to ask them to clarify how they're going to be proceeding with making the cuts.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Theodyn posted:

I would be down to be part of a six pack, if anyone's putting one together.

Same

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Have they revealed any info about the new perks or are you just assuming the helmet perk is a SWAT perk? Because it's probably far more likely that it's a heavy weapons guy who gets LMGs and the LAW.
Well considering that there's supposed to be 10 perks and the missing originals + SWAT, Dragon and Gunslinger adds to 10 with the 4 in the game, it's pretty reasonable to assume that SWAT is the helmet perk unless you think TWI is going to spring a SURPRISE 11TH PERK on us. Also LAW is probably going to go to demo this time around and I hope it's not poo poo (it will probably be poo poo).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Was going to buy this game based on this post, but the last .gif is only tangentially shotgun related so voted 1.