Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

frajaq posted:

Holy poo poo these people are hosed lol
the death toll in the media right now is way, way low

a quake of this magnitude in the kathmandu valley is like worst-case scenario for global earthquakes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

Omi-Polari posted:

the death toll in the media right now is way, way low

a quake of this magnitude in the kathmandu valley is like worst-case scenario for global earthquakes

I would have thought that boxing day tsunami that killed 230,000 people would be more like the worse-case scenario for global earthquakes.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

good news yall a 6.7 aftershock has hit and more avalanches, probably even more dead rich white people (also sherpas and nepalese i guess)

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Followed a twitter link early about CNN guy pestering a survivor and saw this.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Pocket posted:

Followed a twitter link early about CNN guy pestering a survivor and saw this.

can we all agree that rear end in a top hat reporters bugging people who just experienced a traumatizing event that has killed thousands of people are worse than any rich white douchebag climbing a mountain

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
Twitter is weird for reporters because they used to privately talk to victims to get facts and photos so they could weave a narrative, but now they are assholes who publically yell at people to give them pics of dead bodies.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Please type AGREE to let us use your national tragedy for free on all national wire services.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
> lose all friends
> AGREE

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Internet Kraken posted:

The entire reason I liked reading this thread is because there was a mix of funny posting about people gambling their life away on a rock and actual good stories about mountain climbing. I learned a lot about mountains and the experiences of professional climbers from this thread. A lot of goons also shared personal climbing stories which entertaining as well.

also caving stories

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

Fermented Tinal posted:

It's gonna be a long loving day for that pilot.

Normally they helicopter evac people to Kathmandu but welp

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
My word, the Google guy was a douche bag alright. If anyone had it coming it is a dude who makes jokes about being so cool he drinks a coffee while laughing at danger.
You know what they say about laughing last...

The saddest part in all this is that no-one is really surprised Everest makes headlines before the hundreds of thousands of Nepal people affected who ware now dead, injured or homeless. But I guess it does not really surprise anyone.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Angela Christine posted:

Everest your poison womb is making heaven too loving crowded.

holy poo poo lmao

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

OMGVBFLOL posted:

holy poo poo lmao

:Woot: :Master stroke

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥

Hopper posted:

The saddest part in all this is that no-one is really surprised Everest makes headlines before the hundreds of thousands of Nepal people affected who ware now dead, injured or homeless. But I guess it does not really surprise anyone.

I actually only learned about the Nepal earthquake from this thread, most other sites and social media I visit are just full of stuff about drug smuggling idiots from my country and outrage over a nightclub accidentally playing music during the minutes silence yesterday.

:australia:

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005
he wasn't drinking coffee tho I thought it was luigi doing that

Lufiron fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Apr 26, 2015

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HoAssHo posted:

Aside from a few sociopaths, nobody's cheering for more deaths.

edit: Not seriously, anyway. I hope.

That's this entire thread lmao

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

im glad their dead

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

bodies will likely be recoverable for a funeral to help those who are grieving

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Control Volume posted:

bodies will likely be recoverable for a funeral to help those who are grieving

a lot of them will be buried under a bunch of snow and not show up for years or have been swept off the climbing routes into some ravine never to been found again, actually

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ow/47060274.cms

22 dead, 217 missing near base camp. Indian Air Force was involved with the helicopter rescue at Everest (but then again they are doing a ton of stuff with Nepal in general.)

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Control Volume posted:

im glad their dead

lol

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

monster on a stick posted:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ow/47060274.cms

22 dead, 217 missing near base camp. Indian Air Force was involved with the helicopter rescue at Everest (but then again they are doing a ton of stuff with Nepal in general.)

loving hell, that's a lot of people missing.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

JFairfax posted:

loving hell, that's a lot of people missing.

Figure some of them high tailed it from Everest to get away from any other avalanches. If they had supplies this may not be a bad idea.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

monster on a stick posted:

Figure some of them high tailed it from Everest to get away from any other avalanches. If they had supplies this may not be a bad idea.

Yeah, hopefully a lot of them are the Sherpas previously seen booking it back home to get to their families.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

fuctifino posted:

^^^ Bitcoin 'investor' spotted itt

lol

e: possible scientologist too

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

frank.club posted:

That's this entire thread lmao

guy with like 4000+ posts in imp zone checkin in to tell you guys that ur all obsessive wierdos hahaha

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Hopper posted:

My word, the Google guy was a douche bag alright. If anyone had it coming it is a dude who makes jokes about being so cool he drinks a coffee while laughing at danger.
You know what they say about laughing last...

So embarrassing that he died and all some headlines blast is "SOPHIA BUSH'S ex dies on Everest!"

Was that his life's most noteworthy achievement?

enziarro
Sep 4, 2004

I'm not an angel - I'm a Galactic Pioneer.

William Bear posted:

So embarrassing that he died and all some headlines blast is "SOPHIA BUSH'S ex dies on Everest!"

Was that his life's most noteworthy achievement?

let's ask US weekly

words, words, words

blah blah

something

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

Meatwave posted:

Twitter is weird for reporters because they used to privately talk to victims to get facts and photos so they could weave a narrative, but now they are assholes who publically yell at people to give them pics of dead bodies.

Reporters used to get paid a living salary, people need to actually pay for news if they want this to come back. Everyone complains about this sort of thing, and then immediately gobbles up the results of such reporting.

Hopper posted:

this isn't actually true, you can get reports on those things if you want. it's just you, like everyone else, likes to read the big flashy things so of course you see those things first. besides that it doesn't matter where you are in the world, the local media is going to present world topics in a way that is relatable to their audience. see: focusing on the dudes ex gf over the guy that actually died.

AnxietyMan1488
Apr 6, 2015

by Cowcaster
Hey guys just checking in with this epic thread, has anyone posted graphic pictures of everest corpses yet? I love to look at dead bodies because Im a normal, well-adjusted person.

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

AnxietyMan1488 posted:

Hey guys just checking in with this epic thread, has anyone posted graphic pictures of everest corpses yet? I love to look at dead bodies because Im a normal, well-adjusted person.

you're on the forum that mocked 9/11 the day it was happening you loving moron. :qq: people are being meannnn :qq:

like i don't like those things but im not going to cry like a baby about it when people on something awful post like that

AnxietyMan1488
Apr 6, 2015

by Cowcaster

tsa posted:

you're on the forum that mocked 9/11 the day it was happening you loving moron. :qq: people are being meannnn :qq:

The difference is, that they made funny videos with yakety sax in them and photoshops, etc., instead of posting gory pictures of the casualties and writing huge manifestos about how they deserved to die because they were probably rich.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

tsa posted:

Not really, no

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

MorgaineDax posted:

https://instagram.com/p/13WNquxFl-/

He posted this picture yesterday.

But that's not a caramel macchiato??

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

actionjackson posted:

But that's not a caramel macchiato??

here you can watch the misused aluminium ladder explicitely not build to be used this way

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Beef Turret posted:

Not really, no

Every 9/11 Lowtax should change the forum style sheet back to this look in remembrance.

Of all the good threads we used to have.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

AnxietyMan1488 posted:

The difference is, that they made funny videos with yakety sax in them and photoshops, etc., instead of posting gory pictures of the casualties and writing huge manifestos about how they deserved to die because they were probably rich.

goons getting really weird over things and being unfunny is pretty standard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAcm7vl3x3o

• Locked thread