Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Delsaber posted:

I think we can work with this if we go a little old school. "Smilin'" Dylan Miley, for instance. His gimmick can be that he never stops smiling while he's tearing you apart limb from limb.

This would actually be really cool and I want to see him do it to Bull Dempsey or Baron Corbin or both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Thauros posted:

Dylan Miley is a terrible name for a dude who looks like that, sounds like it should go to a member of the modern version of 3 Count.

I'm not trying to knock developmental names just to be negative either, they've actually gotten markedly better on the whole in recent years.

Once you hit the absolute bottom of "Lift Sawyer", you can only go up. I mean, unless you just lose it and start naming workers stuff like "Fuckface McGee" or something.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Thauros posted:

Dylan Miley is a terrible name for a dude who looks like that, sounds like it should go to a member of the modern version of 3 Count.

I'm not trying to knock developmental names just to be negative either, they've actually gotten markedly better on the whole in recent years.

It is his real name. They are very slow to rename people these days.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
Buried by his parents before he could debut on the life roster. Thats rough.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

rovert posted:

It is his real name. They are very slow to rename people these days.

:lol: That's such an 2008 FCW-ish name (sounds like he should've been Briley Pierce's tag partner) I just assumed they fell back on old habits. That's reassuring though.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Thauros posted:

:lol: That's such an 2008 FCW-ish name (sounds like he should've been Briley Pierce's tag partner) I just assumed they fell back on old habits. That's reassuring though.

Yeah a lot of the FCW/early NXT names were super, duper Irish ones for whatever reason. Which is one of the reasons why Chris Hero decided to take such a left field direction with Kassius Ohno.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

rovert posted:

Yeah a lot of the FCW/early NXT names were super, duper Irish ones for whatever reason.

Many of them became popular white baby names in the US for a while starting in mid '90s. They might sound fine in Ireland, but over here it omes across more like it should be underneath a youth sports logo on the back of a minivan or that I should be selling a 36 short suit to them to wear to Homecoming rather than belonging to large scary dudes who would easily destroy me.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Apr 24, 2015

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
He needs the gimmick of this huge mongoloid baby who gleefully tears you apart giggling the entire time then twerks to celebrate his win.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

C. Everett Koop posted:

He needs the gimmick of this huge mongoloid baby who gleefully tears you apart giggling the entire time then twerks to celebrate his win.

why bother with that when you could just give Brock Lesnar dance lessons?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

rovert posted:

Yeah a lot of the FCW/early NXT names were super, duper Irish ones for whatever reason. Which is one of the reasons why Chris Hero decided to take such a left field direction with Kassius Ohno.

Doesn't Vince have a well-known thing about Irish surnames?

I mean, "Hogan" is a really Irish surname.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

Yeah a lot of the FCW/early NXT names were super, duper Irish ones for whatever reason.

Isn't Vince a huge mark for Irish names/heritage? Like wasn't Curtis Axel given the McGillicutty name because Vince always wanted a wrestler with that name?

e: beaten

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I mean, "Hogan" is a really Irish surname.

Wrong Vince McMahon.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
When I watch Korakuen Hall shows I am always distracted until I figure out where Grumpy Front Row Guy is sitting

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Delsaber posted:

I think we can work with this if we go a little old school.
I agree...make him the Vaudvillains' enforcer...with a Jekyll and Hyde gimmick.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Delsaber posted:

I think we can work with this if we go a little old school. "Smilin'" Dylan Miley, for instance. His gimmick can be that he never stops smiling while he's tearing you apart limb from limb.
Well if we are going to go with that, have him take up a scottish accent, carry seemingly endless amount of bayonets and have him scream bible verses as he walks down to the ramp. Come on we all know an Alexander Anderson gimmick is the perfect wrestling gimmick, he even has like 20 nicknames for Cole and JBL to shout out.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
No joke about the Andre-sized hands, though.

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

Delsaber posted:

Smiley Cyrus.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
Repackage him as Rusev's long lost half brother.... Russo.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

they should write emet on his forehead

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Boco_T posted:

When I watch Korakuen Hall shows I am always distracted until I figure out where Grumpy Front Row Guy is sitting

I'm in Japan on my honeymoon and I was there 2 weeks ago, didn't notice GFRG but I've never watched a wrasslin' tape so :shrug:. Small crowd, but not a stacked card. Ultimo Dragon was the biggest name that I recognized.

That's Chad Rowan. He lost to an arm bar.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

God drat that is an awful crowd for AJPW. :smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Howling Man posted:

Repackage him as Rusev's long lost half brother.... Russo.

He's obsessed with people from Poland.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

oh, the humanity

And how about that blimp?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The OSW XFL recap was great. Especially when they said Philadelphia Steelers.

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u

Dillbag posted:

I'm in Japan on my honeymoon and I was there 2 weeks ago, didn't notice GFRG but I've never watched a wrasslin' tape so :shrug:. Small crowd, but not a stacked card. Ultimo Dragon was the biggest name that I recognized.

That's Chad Rowan. He lost to an arm bar.

Korakuen is great. The hall is tiny but the atmosphere is awesome. I paid a shitton for the tickets when I was there and none of the matches were over *** but it was a lot of fun

Here's okada after he beat the poo poo out if honma, and finn balor owning cpt new japan

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

This is just dying for one of those old Carnac the Magnificent bits...

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

Sheamus signed for TNA?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Static Rook posted:

This is just dying for one of those old Carnac the Magnificent bits...

"An embarrassment of riches."
____________________/

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

is aj styles in the costume like old times?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Is that Bischoff? Holy cow.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
Sorry WWE, but some bitches gonna git got on Game of Thrones

and thats the truth

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Man, Glacier looks rough these days.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Little Mac posted:

Is that Bischoff? Holy cow.

Woah, I didn't even recognize him. He hit grandpa street running

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

Woah, I didn't even recognize him. He hit grandpa street running

:stare: I thought Bischoff, then said to myself "Nah he's not that fuckin' old."

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It doesn't help that it's shot as some weird angle that makes everyone look like they're 5'3

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

CM Punk is now writing Batista comics with a new Drax the Destroyer ongoing series coming out later this year.

Skrull Colt Cabana's having a great time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gavok posted:

CM Punk is now writing Batista comics with a new Drax the Destroyer ongoing series coming out later this year.

That is loving amazing. I hope they give him Fast and the Furious next, or a hyper-successful series called "12 Rounds with a Marine"