Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Guillermus posted:

In KF1, in a really early release version I remember blocking the pat with crouched zerkers and the AI couldn't do a thing, just standing on place circling. Cornering Hans with 2-3 SWATs while medics heal and dish out damage can be a viable strategy depending on how good SWATs are at taking damage.

gas grenades would wreck that setup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Have they revealed any info about the new perks or are you just assuming the helmet perk is a SWAT perk? Because it's probably far more likely that it's a heavy weapons guy who gets LMGs and the LAW.

Yeah, there's already been datamined in the files as there being a SWAT perk, none of the other icons shown would fit the description other than the Helmet icon, characters have a bunch of references to SMGs not in the game such as the MP5 and the SWAT Perk is currently set up to spawn in with a P90.

So it's basically assumed he'll be the equivalent of a Medic tank from KF1 using SMGs to the KF2's medic fancy future guns.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
There doesn't seem to be a heavy weapon class at all. What would that even be, commando but better in every way aside from reload speed?

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Lemon Curdistan posted:

As of right now there aren't any additional SKUs for German or Australian versions so it's entirely possible that even if you get a gifted copy from outside Germany you'll still end up with the cut version. You probably want to wait, or at the very least contact TWI to ask them to clarify how they're going to be proceeding with making the cuts.

For what it's worth, they have stated that this time around, they'd be fine with it being indexed and uncut in Germany, and that they really want to keep it uncut for everyone. The issue it boils down to, apparently, is whether the USK will be able to extend its reach to include digital copies, which it currently has no say over.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
The LAW in KF1 wasn't bad if you knew how to aim the fucker.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I kinda doubt law will be in, but there aren't that many options for the 4th demo weapon if you assume that the others are single shot, semi-auto and pipes. Laws were just too specialized, and they seem to be going for a smaller arsenal for now. Heck, for all any of us know it will be pipes that get the boot (the pipe bomb hat period was magical).

But then, even the 4 weapon thing is assuming that classes won't get more before release. It seems reasonable to me to give each class the same number of weapons to start with and then add more post-release, but it isn't like I have any special insight on the matter.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Insert name here posted:

Well considering that there's supposed to be 10 perks and the missing originals + SWAT

Some dumb idiot posted:

Yeah, there's already been datamined in the files as there being a SWAT perk

Right, so to answer my question, we already know that "SWAT" is actually the name of the perk. Thanks.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Serious Frolicking posted:

I kinda doubt law will be in, but there aren't that many options for the 4th demo weapon if you assume that the others are single shot, semi-auto and pipes. Laws were just too specialized, and they seem to be going for a smaller arsenal for now. Heck, for all any of us know it will be pipes that get the boot (the pipe bomb hat period was magical).
Well I assume the LAW's going to make a comeback in some form because there's some voice-lines pertaining to firing rockets, though I guess it's probably an RPG now?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_ltNt3yr-g
(6:53 because apparently the code to start it at a certain point doesn't work anymore)

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
That would really suck if they took out the LAW and pipe bombs, but it would make sense to stop boss insta-gibs.

Unless they make all three bosses multistage ones. We still don't know if Hans CAN be insta-gibbed though because the right weapons aren't in game.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Skoll posted:

That would really suck if they took out the LAW and pipe bombs, but it would make sense to stop boss insta-gibs.

Unless they make all three bosses multistage ones. We still don't know if Hans CAN be insta-gibbed though because the right weapons aren't in game.

Apparently he can in fact be killed before he has a chance to drain somebody, because he has only a hefty damage reduction during those parts instead of a full invulnerability, so exploding him instantly should theoretically be possible.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Serious Frolicking posted:

There doesn't seem to be a heavy weapon class at all. What would that even be, commando but better in every way aside from reload speed?

Magazine size, recoil reduction on Heavy weapons (if Commando doesn't end up with this), damage with Heavy weapons (LMGs/rocket launchers), carry weight (1 every 5 levels, or as a perk slot). Perk slot choices can give you extra armour/HP, explosive radius, faster reload speed on LMGs/RPGs, etc.

LMGs would have mediocre per-shot damage (scaling up on the higher tier LMGs) with a high rate of fire and huge magazine size, but high recoil, poor accuracy and very long reload times. RPGs would be a big spike of AoE damage, but come at the cost of splash damage that hurts you (and no passive explosive damage resistance unlike Demolitions, although you could put in a perk slot choice that grants some), a low ammo pool, having to reload every shot, and the reload times being long. I imagine you'd get something like a T1 RPK with a 50-round magazine, T2 M249, T3 LAW and T4 M60, or something. There's enough different well-known rocket launchers that you could easily do T1-4 for both weapon types (LAW, RPG-7, AT4, Carl Gustaf), too.

Basically, go for volume of fire (weak-ish/inaccurate bullet spam vs. Commando's accurate, head-popping semi-auto with full-auto as a fall-back) and spike explosive damage (big one-shot damage vs. Demolitions' traps and more sustained explosives fire with the MGL/pipe bombs/etc., although I imagine pipe bombs or proximity mines will be Demo's grenades). There's design space there, and it's never made much sense to me that Suppport, the shotgun/welding class, gets extra carry capacity and high-weight weapons. Plus, I like LMGs.

The obvious alternatives is to let Support keep the carry capacity as a perk slot (it being the same tier as Tactical Reload is good, it gives you a meaningful choice between carrying more weapons for versatility or being better at using the two you get to carry) and just add LMGs in as Support weapons eventually, which would give Support some non-shotgun options further down the line. :shrug:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Apr 26, 2015

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
What I'd kind of like to see is for demo grenades to be prox mines. That way you could stack them up to work like a pipe bomb or spread them out further. Pipe bombs are cool, but completely consumable weapons aren't. As for laws, I think it would definitely be better to ditch them in favor of something with multiple shots.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I honestly don't think we'll see pipe bombs added to the store again because the whole "consumable store-bought weapons that take up weight units" thing was unique to them, and since each class now has its own grenades, the grenade slot is the perfectly logical place to put pipe bombs. On the other hand, since there's no button that could really be repurposed for a detonator (short of "if you have a grenade deployed, your weapon butt key is the detonator), proximity mines make more sense than pipe bombs.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
Holding or double tapping the Grenade Throw key is a fairly common "detonate remote explosives" solution.

Whittle
Sep 18, 2011

I know it's been said before, but, there _needs_ to be an option to turn-off the auto-focus for the clot-grab.

There's nothing worse then you being about to double barrel something to find the auto-focus turn you round as you pull the trigger and you double-barrel some piddly little clot who was gnawing at your ankles instead.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Whittle posted:

I know it's been said before, but, there _needs_ to be an option to turn-off the auto-focus for the clot-grab.

There's nothing worse then you being about to double barrel something to find the auto-focus turn you round as you pull the trigger and you double-barrel some piddly little clot who was gnawing at your ankles instead.

Yeah. The claw marks on the edge of the screen are nice but are also impossible to see outside of zed time for me, so giving us an option to disable the auto-turn-around and ,aking the claw marks a lot easier to see would fix things.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The fact you missed your double barrel shot is the entire purpose of the Clot's auto focus. Getting grabbed by a Clot actually means something now so if you let on get that close that's the punishment and if was an option everyone would turn it off since it'd give an advantage. It would be like Bloat bile blinding being on a player controlled toggle

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.
Most likely someone already got this problem but I can't find the solution.
I can run this game perfectly in solo mode, everything is fine, but every time I try to connect to server I get infinite loading screen.
Anyone know where I hosed up?

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
always the reinstall?^^^

quote:

SCRAKE HERE TO PUMP YOU UP

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The fact you missed your double barrel shot is the entire purpose of the Clot's auto focus.

Pretty sure purpose of the auto focus is so you know you've been grabbed, because exactly like KF1, being grabbed means you're immobilised. Instead of being grabbed while surrounded and not knowing which clot has you/what to kill to get free, you now get focused to the guy grabbing you. :rolleyes:

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The fact you missed your double barrel shot is the entire purpose of the Clot's auto focus. Getting grabbed by a Clot actually means something now so if you let on get that close that's the punishment and if was an option everyone would turn it off since it'd give an advantage. It would be like Bloat bile blinding being on a player controlled toggle

Yeah, no. Taking movement control away from the player is fine, that's what the clots are there for. Taking aiming control away though, when there are more important targets is not.

Insert name here posted:

Well I assume the LAW's going to make a comeback in some form because there's some voice-lines pertaining to firing rockets, though I guess it's probably an RPG now?

"Russian Rockets Rock"

So I'm guessing it's gonna be a RPG-7.

UberChair
Jan 8, 2008

This club is borin' the crap outta me!
How do difficulty levels work in this game? Should I be looking to jump to higher difficulties when my perks are higher-leveled? Or can I just jump into Hard/Suicidal off the bat?

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

Nerf clots :(

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

DeusExMachinima posted:

always the reinstall?^^^

If only this helped.
I made clear cache, and full re-installation already.
Looks like something wrong with server access.
:ussr:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Kirs posted:

If only this helped.
I made clear cache, and full re-installation already.
Looks like something wrong with server access.
:ussr:

Sounds like it might be a ports issue, so see if making yourself DMZ fixes it.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Musluk posted:

"Russian Rockets Rock"

So I'm guessing it's gonna be a RPG-7.

if this game gets an RPG I'm using nothing else

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING
Just gamely joined the Goon Floor 2 server and immediately got murdered because it was on Suicidal. I feel like a real pub over here; A+ satisfying experience. Will return with more XP and the ability perhaps to not get shredded.

How do I favorite a server, by the way? I can't seem to find the option.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Badly Jester posted:

For what it's worth, they have stated that this time around, they'd be fine with it being indexed and uncut in Germany, and that they really want to keep it uncut for everyone. The issue it boils down to, apparently, is whether the USK will be able to extend its reach to include digital copies, which it currently has no say over.

The question is whether Steam will still sell the games in those terriotories if it gets indexed. Because so far there it doesn't seem likely that Steam would implement the necessary changes in order to sell index games in Germany. And there are some games that Steam doesn't allow you to run even from a German account even if you got them gifted.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

UberChair posted:

How do difficulty levels work in this game? Should I be looking to jump to higher difficulties when my perks are higher-leveled? Or can I just jump into Hard/Suicidal off the bat?

higher difficulty means more monsters per wave, more monster HP and more importantly they do more damage.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Randler posted:

The question is whether Steam will still sell the games in those terriotories if it gets indexed. Because so far there it doesn't seem likely that Steam would implement the necessary changes in order to sell index games in Germany. And there are some games that Steam doesn't allow you to run even from a German account even if you got them gifted.

Huh, which ones are those? I've got the most recent AvP, Mortal Kombat 9 and 10 and they all work just fine on a german account, and I think all of those are even on the more severe list B. You can't purchase them through the german steam store, but once they're activated on your account you're usually home free.

Perestroika fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Apr 26, 2015

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Buff medic shotty ammo count. I need more kills and 60 shots just ain't enough

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Buff medic shotty ammo count. I need more kills and 60 shots just ain't enough

get the 20% more ammo perk

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

StabMasterArson posted:

get the 20% more ammo perk

I thought was only for the starting weapons. That's pretty sick

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Support is a tank once you get the 20% extra ammo and 50% extra health. I couldn't do hard at all before I hit Level 10, but now it's a breeze. Thank you based Tripwire.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Still not there, but how good/bad is the health regen perk for support?

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Sounds like it might be a ports issue, so see if making yourself DMZ fixes it.

I changed game language to English and it worked, thanks.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Guillermus posted:

There will always be a medic on your squad so really it's not all that great and because of that by default whatever the opposite perk is will always be better

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Guillermus posted:

Inverse of how good your Medic is. Good Medic? Bad Perk; Bad Medic? Bad Perk; No Medic? Meh Perk;

It's not a large amount of regen only like 2 HP per 2-3 seconds.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

etalian posted:

higher difficulty means more monsters per wave, more monster HP and more importantly they do more damage.

They said this isn't the case and from playing it certainly seems like it isn't the case. Player numbers bump monster health - difficulty setting does not. Difficulty seems to increase zed counts per wave, increase zed quality per wave, increase zed damage and unlock new zed moves (this is mostly sprinting related).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Cerepol posted:

Inverse of how good your Medic is. Good Medic? Bad Perk; Bad Medic? Bad Perk; No Medic? Meh Perk;

It's not a large amount of regen only like 2 HP per 2-3 seconds.

Ah well, I was wondering how much hp returns but 2hp per 2-3 seconds is awful.