Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

Miss Wallace posted:

Missed the IG question before. Yeah we just think he's funny. Also he's said some awful things so yeah.

How awful are we talking? As far as I knew, even at his worst, he was still pretty benign. But I've only seen a handful of episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
He said Wolverine Origins was good.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Infamous Sphere posted:

I couldn't bring myself to watch The Birdcage, had to turn it off after 9 minutes.

I enjoyed most of the movie, but the "main character" is an incredibly selfish and unlikable asshat who doesn't deserve his happy ending after all of the bullshit he put his dads through.

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

The nights will never be the same. ARARARAR!

CaligulaKangaroo posted:

How awful are we talking? As far as I knew, even at his worst, he was still pretty benign. But I've only seen a handful of episodes.

On Facebook, after Justin passed away he implied he was going to hell.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

Miss Wallace posted:

Holy poo poo! Yeah, that's pretty awful.

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

Miss Wallace posted:

I was going to post a "What the gently caress? What did he have against Jewwario?!"

Then I actually read what he wrote.

https://youtu.be/OMy7H-I_uwE

Honestly don't think he meant any ill-will by what he said. He may have actually been trying to express his sympathies. But Chris Bores is a moron who believes in dumb poo poo and failed miserably.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Somehow.

I used to watch his videos, because he was accidentally a decent parody of internet reviewers.

When I first watched him I thought he was a parody - and all those people doing "Irate Gamer is an idiot" videos were victims of expert-level trolling.

Speaking of trolling, Spoony's last video was him and his brother talking infront of a camera about B-Fest. Part 1 went up, I believe, a fortnight ago. I guess it's all that editing...

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

KayTee posted:

When I first watched him I thought he was a parody - and all those people doing "Irate Gamer is an idiot" videos were victims of expert-level trolling.

There was one guy who used to do videos that were just Irate Gamer videos with subtitles and video clips put in to mock him.

I tried to watch them, but they were somehow worse, where the same video clip would get played 50 times in the same video.

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

There was one guy who used to do videos that were just Irate Gamer videos with subtitles and video clips put in to mock him.

I tried to watch them, but they were somehow worse, where the same video clip would get played 50 times in the same video.

I know he got a lot of mileage out of one old Intellivision commercial.

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /
When I searched for "irate gamer" I thought Bores was the most pathetic person I would find, but instead...

https://irategamersucks.blogspot.com/?m=1

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!
Allison once got me to watch an episode of the Irate Gamer's paranormal investigation show, "Haunted Investigators." It is truly one of the best/worst things I've ever seen, and could be a low-rent parody of all of the ghost investigation shows that have been on television over the years if it wasn't so earnest.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

I tried watching a "Lets Endure" video of people watching a "This is how you don't play" video and its amazing how some people can actually be worse then the subject they're mocking. Besides the commentary not being funny (No its not, Phil. Repeat over and over) one of the other guys who barely ever spoke would constantly burp into his mic. gently caress you, its bad enough that Phil does that, why the gently caress do you, someone mocking him, have to also do it?

OrangeKing posted:

Allison once got me to watch an episode of the Irate Gamer's paranormal investigation show, "Haunted Investigators." It is truly one of the best/worst things I've ever seen, and could be a low-rent parody of all of the ghost investigation shows that have been on television over the years if it wasn't so earnest.

Doesn't IG actually teach ghost hunting in college?

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

Leal posted:

Doesn't IG actually teach ghost hunting in college?

You just made this up. I'm not biting that, I've been sent for too many skyhooks and glass hammers in my time to fall for this.

E: oh my God he never stops giving!

EE:

http://pursuitoftheparanormal.com/chris-bores-bio-page/

quote:

Chris Bores is one of the leading ghost communicators in the field of Ghost Hunting. He is currently a ghost tour guide at the Collingwood Arts Center in Toledo, Ohio. His various interactions with spirits have led to the groundbreaking case study on the afterlife that continues to fascinate audiences.

Chris has spent years refining a new approach to use in the field of ghost hunting that guarantees a higher success rate than ever before. Since implementing these skill sets, he has been able to pull extreme amounts of knowledge from the spirit realm never documented before!

These insights have led to revolutionary new concepts like the Bores Classifications of Spirits and the new field of psychological research called: Discarnate Psychology. These revelations have derived from hours of work in the field, ancient texts (‘Tibetan Book of the Dead’, ‘Egyptian Book of the Dead’),
Tobin's Spirit Guide...

quote:

Chris currently is working on his psychology degree and performing lecturing and producing documentaries on his findings.

Unbelievable.

quote:

He has been featured on: Hardcore Pawn, Toledo CBS News, Toledo FOX News, “Dayton Ghosts”, “Star 105.5″ Morning Radio, Toledo Blade Newspaper, Toledo Free Press, YouTube’s 2010 55th Most Subscribed Channel, Google and more!

Irate Gamer. Featured on Google!

KayTee fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Apr 26, 2015

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

KayTee posted:

You just made this up. I'm not biting that, I've been sent for too many skyhooks and glass hammers in my time to fall for this.

Assuming this website is legit, its true (page 17)

http://issuu.com/toledofreepress/docs/tfp_090714/1?e=1807196/9203184

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

He makes that same loving face in every picture. That same punchable face.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

prahanormal posted:

When I searched for "irate gamer" I thought Bores was the most pathetic person I would find, but instead...

https://irategamersucks.blogspot.com/?m=1

I skimmed over the Punch Out post, and that was enough for me. Is Irate Gamer really worth a 30 paragraph minute-by-minute breakdown? Is Bores putting Punch Out faces on a Mortal Kombat tower really that infuriating?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I think he does that site, too. To make it seem like he's worth talking about. Who else would watch his garbage videos?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

quote:

Ironicus ‏@Gen_Ironicus 4m4 minutes ago
The Channel Awesome booth is just a folding table and some prints of stills from their videos. #C2E2
Ahaha that's great

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Ironicus should ask if part of the kickstarter money was used to fund the booth :v:

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Spoony's down to $4500 a month on Patreon now. Not that I dislike the guy or anything but fucks sake. I'd take wrassling vlogs over him obsessing over dumb comic panels on twitter.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Well if this trend continues this might put a fire under him and start working in reviews. Or settle with his increasingly obscure presence on the internet.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Rewatching some of Kyle's older videos, and I noticed he put Jodorowsky's Dune and The Dance of Reality on his lsit of most liked movies of that year (2013?). I hope this means he'll do a video on Jodorowsky eventually. That would be great.

Still super hype for more Shakespeare month.

E: Shoudl have called it Shakespeare 2: Bard harder.

MonsieurChoc fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Apr 27, 2015

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

MonsieurChoc posted:

Rewatching some of Kyle's older videos, and I noticed he put Jodorowsky's Dune and The Dance of Reality on his lsit of most liked movies of that year (2013?). I hope this means he'll do a video on Jodorowsky eventually. That would be great.

Still super hype for more Shakespeare month.

E: Shoudl have called it Shakespeare 2: Bard harder.

He's said he wants to do The Holy Mountain at some point, but doesn't know quite how to do it.

I do hope he mentions the remake composed of found-footage of dogs.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

He's said he wants to do The Holy Mountain at some point, but doesn't know quite how to do it.

I don't know how anyone could possibly review The Holy Mountain without taking like five hours. Don't get me wrong, I adore that film and it has one of my favorite endings ever but man is it hard to really get into without sounding pretentious.

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!

remake composed of found-footage of dogs.

Holy poo poo, this is amazing.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
All I know about the Holy Mountain is from the few scenes in Jodorowsky's Dune featuring a man giving a golden poo poo.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Arcsquad12 posted:

All I know about the Holy Mountain is from the few scenes in Jodorowsky's Dune featuring a man giving a golden poo poo.

Here, have a trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_k8oaeHsnc

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

There's also a scene towards the beginning where an old man hands a girl his own glass eye. Directly from his socket. Its definitely worth watching, but some parts do require a strong stomach.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

In 2001, West End Games published a licensed RPG based on Jodorowsky's Metabarons and Incal comics (which themselves can be seen as a sort of continuation of his Dune work). They didn't publish many books for it, but they did contact Jodorowsky for information on the universe for their Universe Guide and he was more than happy to oblige. I have the book: it is the most glorious crazy thing and I love it.

quote:

PREFACE
Phew! My head’s on fire!… I just blew a diode! But I’m not complaining — quite the opposite. I’m happy, for
I know at last that I’m not human…
The limitations of my bio-organism had been depressing me. Even more than that, it’s been the walls of the
mental prison that hem us in from childhood, the “rational” mold called school. But then came the Yéti Mutants:
Fred Le Berre, Marc Prudhomme, Kurt Mc Clung, and Julien Blondel. They put me under the red-hot rays
of their psycho-interrogation lamp and bombarded me with questions for a full fifty hours. Initially, I was
overcome with feelings of anger. What right did these young griffins have to dare infringe upon the inner recesses
of my cerebral maze in this way, hunting down answers that like giant jellyfish were floating along the veins of
my unconscious?
But I had a plan! Slowly, step by little step, I was going to give them the keys to the Incal Universe, which is the
same as the Metabarons and TechnoPriests. A hugely immense “oeuvre” that would have taken me at least ten
years to recount. But I hadn’t been counting on the young mutants’ impatience. They wanted to know everything,
right away. Showing no respect they fired off their mental probes, assaulting my impregnable Data Bank
and under the incessant fire of their questions, my human mask disintegrated.
I ceased being a man and became a universe.
Far, far away, in an ethereal zone where my body didn’t exist, I saw myself giving away tons of secrets, with an
absolute precision that I had never before dared to imagine, even in my dreams. At the height of the trance,
streams of words — barely comprehensible for they were of human origin — gushed from my mouth, laying
bare the hidden structure of the cosmos, the nature of the people who live there, the mysteries of parallel
universes, thousands of centuries of history, countless weapons and vessels, outrageous doctrines, judges and
laws, and billions of other things as well…
A new chapter in the history of my Jodoverse came to life with each one of their questions. A moment of
extreme ecstasy! A singular experience that can only be compared to what happened to me one day in Mexico
while meditating in a Buddhist Temple with a Japanese Zen master. Suddenly, he subjected my spirit to a koan —
a sacred riddle conceived to break the straight jacket of the intellect: “I have no beginning, nor end. Who am I?”
I knew very well that some monks go into retreat for ten or twenty years looking for an answer, which isn’t
necessarily expressed in words. But, body taught with effort like a readied archery bow, I wanted to find the
solution in that very instant: “I am god; that’s it, I am everything.”
Full of wrath and disdain, the master threw me out of the temple: “Intellectual! Learn to die!” My failure was
filled with such disgrace and shame that a part of me died on the spot. Instantaneously, I became another. And
from the deepest reaches of my unconscious, a voice that was already no longer human exclaimed: “There is no
beginning and there is no end. There just is.”
Thank you for your questions, Yéti. They blew my diodes. They made me into a galaxy of answers, nothing
but answers. Ever since, I roam infinite space, in search of the first and last question.
Alexandro Jodorowsky

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!

Arcsquad12 posted:

Love it or not, seeing The Holy Mountain is a journey for your eyes, brain, and gag reflex if you're squeamish about an old man lactating profusely out of his tiger head titties.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Krampus Grewcock posted:

...an old man lactating profusely out of his tiger head titties.

Believe it or not this actually makes sense in context.

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

Jack Gladney posted:

He makes that same loving face in every picture. That same punchable face.

He looks like Biff Tannen. That's why he's so punchable.

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!

Tracula posted:

Believe it or not this actually makes sense in context.

The movie really makes sense if you are tripping balls.

KKall
Oct 15, 2012

You mean this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJZvPwwXYDQ

Yeah, I'm sure I could find some way to work that in ;)

But honestly, if I ever ended Brows Held High entirely, The Holy Mountain might be the last video I would ever do. Yes, the movie has a lot of mockable weirdness, but I think there's enough going on in it to warrant a serious take. But as another poster said, it's impossible to talk about positively without sounding like a pretentious hippie spaceman. So... sounding like Jodorowsky, I guess. I can't think of any other living filmmaker who's so disturbingly good at being himself, for all that means.

But yeah, I'll get to him eventually. Eeeeeeeventually.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

KKall posted:

But yeah, I'll get to him eventually. Eeeeeeeventually.

Brows Held High on The Amanda Show: confirmed.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

The only thing wrong with that trailer is that the musical elements aren't in sync with each other.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Jsor posted:

Brows Held High on The Amanda Show: confirmed.

:barf: And I thought nothing could make me not watch BHH.

poparena
Oct 31, 2012

Brows Held High PLEASE!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Bring in the dancing lobsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D