Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
soon it will be called rape

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
That's what ranger bat has always been called. The full acronym is MANRAPE.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Vasudus posted:

Counseling statements are peak Army. The only thing they're good for is building a packet to get rid of someone. They're never used as evidence for anything in your favor.

What's really fun is giving them to officers. Or better yet, being a battalion XO standing in for the BC while come junior Captain gets a GOMR for not paying his credit card bill. "Well, General, frankly I don't think this rear end in a top hat needs to be an officer either but since you are a General and I am a Major, all I really want to do is thank you for solving my problem for me."

And the best part is I didn't even like the General either..

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.

MegaJoe89 posted:

Another female recruit stayed in the army but confided to L’Espresso that she lives in fear of peacekeeping duty in Afghanistan. “When I applied I never thought one day I might really have to fight.”

I live in constant fear of drinking coffee all day in a TOC.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Rip and rasp are the old and present (as of like 2011) courses you attend before joining the 75th. 2nd hand as well that rasp is basically a gentleman's course because they do their weeding out somewhere else along the pipeline.

Analogical
May 20, 2013

EEOD? Why not, I could use a break from work

:911:
http://www.13newsnow.com/story/news/military/2015/04/06/female-army-vet-from-nw-helps-fight-poachers-in-africa/25352743/

son gay. so what
Mar 13, 2011
That is not what I consider a woman jeeezus

Analogical
May 20, 2013

EEOD? Why not, I could use a break from work

It irks me when support roles play operator once they're out of the military like that.

son gay. so what
Mar 13, 2011

Analogical posted:

It irks me when support roles play operator once they're out of the military like that.

Yea, I'm humint and worked with operatorz outside the wire a lot and stuff but I don't consider myself a weapons expert poacher assasin. Real talk I peed myself a little bit the first 5 or 6 times I heard shots coming my way. How is a mechanic qualified to teach anti poaching stuff anyway?

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

MegaJoe89 posted:

Yea, I'm humint and worked with operatorz outside the wire a lot and stuff but I don't consider myself a weapons expert poacher assasin. Real talk I peed myself a little bit the first 5 or 6 times I heard shots coming my way. How is a mechanic qualified to teach anti poaching stuff anyway?

Considering the likely quality of the people she's teaching and their opposition, she's probably pretty well qualified.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
she's from fuckin yelm and has an obvious case of serious crazy, would not

Bertram
Oct 25, 2010
You've gotta bear in mind that she's watched all the Magpul videos.

Even the helicopter one!

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

krispykremessuck posted:

she's from fuckin yelm and has an obvious case of serious crazy, would not

Yeah, can't remember what thread but we talked about this already. I don't live too far from yelm. For anyone not from Washington, yelm is full of retards who work at Ft. Lewis, wannabe rednecks, and cows. Also a crazy cult whose leader is this crazy bitch that believes she channeled the spirit of some pseudo atlantean king and a lot of other bullshit.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

krispykremessuck posted:

she's from fuckin yelm
:yikes:

Agenta Khaulan
Oct 12, 2014
She has bigger arms then most dudes, and I find that creepy...just a bit.

son gay. so what
Mar 13, 2011

Kiryen posted:

Considering the likely quality of the people she's teaching and their opposition, she's probably pretty well qualified.

Good point. From my experience with EUTM Uganda/ Somalia however I sure as hell wouldn't want to be a white woman in Africa, especially a scary looking one that could be misidentified for a warlock or some poo poo :cry: so bravo for her I guess?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Zeris posted:

Rip and rasp are the old and present (as of like 2011) courses you attend before joining the 75th. 2nd hand as well that rasp is basically a gentleman's course because they do their weeding out somewhere else along the pipeline.

That's RASP phase II and ROP, phase I and Hold is where they weed out people. I myself got weeded out because they don't manage hold very well and end up having like 300-some people waiting to take a class that can only fit so many so you end up having to be in hold for like 3 months before even getting the opportunity to try. I said gently caress it because gently caress living in hold for 3 months, you'd have to carry your laundry a mile each weekend to the shoppette or airborne school (they didn't really want RASP dudes using their facilities) and pay out of pocket to clean your poo poo. Also the barracks were run down as gently caress Vietnam-era gulags with black mold in every crack and crevasse. I didn't really care enough anyway since I lost that bootfuck huah momentum after our first weekend on the town at airborne school and just wanted my car/privacy/freedom again.

If you're in good physical shape and could get a 270 or better on the PT test you could probably pass as long as you aren't an rear end in a top hat (peer evals) and don't lose your marbles, but I feel like if they actually managed the program better they could prevent a lot of the attrition from people getting impatient. From what I hear about SFAS they actually treat you pretty well in hold and give you cool classes, when I got to RASP hold it was literally just hold, you'd go to formation and maybe do some token classes but nothing really to prepare you better. I got there the week they actually started even doing PT, since apparently some retard at a Q&A with some high level officer in Regiment asked "why don't we do PT in holdover?". The results from cadre were predictably punishing.

Maybe sticking people in a run-down condemned barracks for months at a time is part of the weeding out process but I feel like it's more of a natural (unprepared) result from a generation playing COD and being able to get it in your contract when you enlist. If you're wanting to go infantry anyway, there's really no reason not to go 18x/option 40 because you're already self-flagellating yourself enough you might as well set yourself on fire too. Last I heard they started sending people to airborne school AFTER RASP because apparently a lot of people would just take an option 40 contract and quit afterwards when they were out of option 4 since both include airborne school.

Justin Tyme fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Apr 25, 2015

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2015/04/22/army-to-review-decision-to-have-male-cadets-wear-high-heels/

quote:

An anonymous post on Reddit alleged that cadets there were required to participate, and would get a negative mark for not supporting the “sharp” mission, an Army acronym for the Army’s Sexual Harrassment/Assault Response & Prevention program.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Starting intermediate phase of OCS, the FLX is the week after this coming week which shouldn't be too bad since I'm in a really squared away squad.

Personally I don't think OCS is hard at all but it can be if you're dumb, lack common sense or just a timid person. Looking forward to getting back from FLX and phasing over to senior phase and getting weekends off for the first time since January, and then finally getting that gold bar.

Doing pretty good on the OML too.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Mustang posted:

Personally I don't think OCS is hard at all but it can be if you're dumb, lack common sense or just a timid person.

this applies to everything tho

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Mustang posted:

and then finally getting that gold bar.

And then promptly told to shut the gently caress up by every senior NCO when you try to tell them "that's how we did it in OCS" when you arrive at your first unit.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Mike-o posted:

And then promptly told to shut the gently caress up by every senior NCO when you try to tell them "that's how we did it in OCS" when you arrive at your first unit.

this is somehow even more retarded than "i learned [x] at west point"

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Mike-o posted:

Haha, I'm the last person to say anything like that, especially not about OCS.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Mustang posted:

Haha, I'm the last person to say anything like that, especially not about OCS.

you're a fag by virtue of being an officer.

they won't say it to your face

but you are

son gay. so what
Mar 13, 2011

Cole posted:

you're a fag by virtue of being an officer.

they won't say it to your face

but you are

What about me? I'm not officially an officer but I carry the rank of one.

Also sadly I have been informed that I'll be stationed in Anzio upon my return to Italy, where Intel careers go to die :( well looks like its time to start pulling strings and get me a good gig with AISI, the best part of being in the Military is doing stuff abroad.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

MegaJoe89 posted:

What about me? I'm not officially an officer but I carry the rank of one.

so are you a pretend officer?

so you're grover.

i'd rather be a fag.

son gay. so what
Mar 13, 2011

Cole posted:

so are you a pretend officer?

so you're grover.

i'd rather be a fag.

Its not by choice :( also what's a grover? Best I could find-

"Grover, also known as Grover Monster, is a Muppet character on the popular television show Sesame Street. Self-described as lovable, cute and furry, he is an indigo monster who almost never uses contractions when speaking or singing."

This does not describe me at all

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Make sure to confuse 1LTs by calling them sir or ma'am and saluting them. This is a 2LT's primary purpose in life.

HelpImARock3
May 27, 2010

Don't get treed by a Chihuahua

psydude posted:

Make sure to confuse 1LTs by calling them sir or ma'am and saluting them. This is a 2LT's primary purpose in life.

Also don't forget to boss your senior warrants around if branch aviation. Always fun to 2LTs "correcting" CW3s.

brains
May 12, 2004

aviation's a good gig for the most part but i'm convinced you have to be a masochist to branch 15 series.

imagine dual-hatting as a PBO and XO, because your commander is on leave and your other PL is drooling on himself in a back office and can't be trusted to manage a stapler. oh, and despite being a FAC1 aviator you're still only flying once every other week, twice if you're lucky. imagine being in charge of 10-20 warrants who quite literally do not give a single gently caress about what you have to say, and a grizzled, embittered PSG who's lived more years in afghanistan than you have as a legal adult. now imagine that's actually the best PL job you could hope for, since you'll be spending approximately 15 years in staff hell or worse, as commander of a maintenance company, with the sad, dim hope of getting battalion command before you are lobotomized, lingering somewhere off in the distance.

also all of your peers and raters are the most dick sucking cav worshiping office rangers you could ever imagine. good luck!

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

MegaJoe89 posted:

Its not by choice :( also what's a grover? Best I could find-

"Grover, also known as Grover Monster, is a Muppet character on the popular television show Sesame Street. Self-described as lovable, cute and furry, he is an indigo monster who almost never uses contractions when speaking or singing."

This does not describe me at all

describe me pretty well tho

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

brains posted:

aviation's a good gig for the most part but i'm convinced you have to be a masochist to branch 15 series.

imagine dual-hatting as a PBO and XO, because your commander is on leave and your other PL is drooling on himself in a back office and can't be trusted to manage a stapler. oh, and despite being a FAC1 aviator you're still only flying once every other week, twice if you're lucky. imagine being in charge of 10-20 warrants who quite literally do not give a single gently caress about what you have to say, and a grizzled, embittered PSG who's lived more years in afghanistan than you have as a legal adult. now imagine that's actually the best PL job you could hope for, since you'll be spending approximately 15 years in staff hell or worse, as commander of a maintenance company, with the sad, dim hope of getting battalion command before you are lobotomized, lingering somewhere off in the distance.

also all of your peers and raters are the most dick sucking cav worshiping office rangers you could ever imagine. good luck!

This is a pretty good assessment of being an officer in general.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

brains posted:

aviation is still better than any other branch ive encountered (tied maybe with amedd)

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

suicide bi cop posted:

aviation is still better than any other branch ive encountered (tied maybe with amedd)

Cool have you tried any of the other ones

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger

psydude posted:

This is a pretty good assessment of being an officer in general.

Still infinitely better than being enlisted.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

What's you all's opinion on good officer branches? Everyone seems to be competing for MI and Engineer and a surprising number of people want Finance and ADA. After talking to recycles and people in company's that have already branched apparently infantry slots take up a quarter to one third of the available slots so a lot of people that don't want it are getting it.

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.

Mustang posted:

What's you all's opinion on good officer branches? Everyone seems to be competing for MI and Engineer and a surprising number of people want Finance and ADA. After talking to recycles and people in company's that have already branched apparently infantry slots take up a quarter to one third of the available slots so a lot of people that don't want it are getting it.

Most want Finance and no one wants Infantry? What the hell? Is this common?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Not even once.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Nimmy posted:

Most want Finance and no one wants Infantry? What the hell? Is this common?

Who in their right mind would want to be responsible for a bunch of combat arms retards for garrison life?

My last company was pretty well behaved, relatively, but the CO was always getting called in late at night with all the other company commanders because some fuckhead got his rape / wife beat / DUI / child murder on. And if the BC got a call then the company commanders were coming in as well.

Having been in an infantry battalion specifically, and then had an infantry company attached to my last squadron, gently caress that noise. I wouldn't wish that poo poo on anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Mustang posted:

Go ADA, I loving dare you.

• Locked thread