Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
That's interesting. Could be lag maybe? Although they certainly have had a problem with gaps in the hit boxes in the past from what I recall.

Edit: And thanks for that premium code, seems to have worked for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Jago posted:

*** gfpremwot ***

This seems to be good for a free day of premium. Someone dropped it in game and it worked for me at least.
confirming that it works

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Uranium 235 posted:

confirming that it works

Ditto on Europe.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

That's interesting. Could be lag maybe? Although they certainly have had a problem with gaps in the hit boxes in the past from what I recall.

Edit: And thanks for that premium code, seems to have worked for me.

They're loving stupid and will change models randomly for a patch. The last one was the 53/55 where the collision model for the turret floated up into their air.

I cannot believe they don't have a system for detecting which files/resources/models have changed to verify that unexpected changes aren't sneaking in. This is just embarrassing.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Desuwa posted:

This is just embarrassing hilarious.

You're welcome.

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

CitizenKain posted:

So that premium T-34-85 Rudy tank has a Dog crew member. That is pretty much the best thing.

A Polish T-34-85 premium? Welp, gonna have to snag that one too.

I might have a T-34-85 problem.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Jago posted:

*** gfpremwot ***

This seems to be good for a free day of premium. Someone dropped it in game and it worked for me at least.

I can't get it to work, you just enter it into the redeem bonus code part of the wot website right?

Edit: also might as well post this. http://wotreplays.com/site/1826185#mines-axetrain-t-34-3

Bigfabdaddy
Aug 3, 2014

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
Hot drat this thread has doubled since I posted last. Hoping to get some tanking done tomorrow.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Man with 9.7 I couldn't reinstall all of my usual mods with ODM last night, most notably my session stats. I think I got everything else though.

Holy poo poo this game got more fun. Just trying to do well and play smart instead of meeting numerical goals and getting mad when I do bad (and then playing terrible because I'm mad) is way better

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
Is there anything other than the x3 XP weekend I can blame for the absolute brain dead morons I've been playing with today? I swear, I've seen more people with double digit WN8's today than total before.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

ELI PORTER posted:

Is there anything other than the x3 XP weekend I can blame for the absolute brain dead morons I've been playing with today? I swear, I've seen more people with double digit WN8's today than total before.

I've quite enjoyed it, all the unicums are pouting and not playing without their mods

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
It would be interesting to see if WG tracks the amount of good players who play immediately following a patch, especially on EU or RU who traditionally get patches earlier.

But no, seriously, the game is unplayable without at least a bare minimum of mods to take the annoyances out of the game. Especially once you've gotten used to the game not actively working against you.

Bigfabdaddy
Aug 3, 2014

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
Wish I was better at the game but hey someone has to die first in all the matches, correct?

srb
Jul 24, 2007
It's better if it's someone else, though.

Bigfabdaddy
Aug 3, 2014

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

srb posted:

It's better if it's someone else, though.

Yeah that would be nice but I go up the middle way to much.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Arishtat posted:

A Polish T-34-85 premium? Welp, gonna have to snag that one too.

I might have a T-34-85 problem.

Yeah, that poo poo better be available for gold, I really want it but I don't want to pay real money. Hopefully it won't be a Fury-like deal.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Important question, since Poland isn't a tree in the game, is the Polish T-34/85 going to be German or Soviet? :v:

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Bigfabdaddy posted:

Yeah that would be nice but I go up the middle way to much.

Going up the middle works a lot, but depending on the map you have to wait a minute or two to give most of the enemy tanks time to clear out to the flanks. Then it can be smooth sailing to a Pascucci's medal (the best medal).

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

So I was thinking of buying the T-54 proto just to train my crew. Looking at it in Tank Inspector, it seems to be a much slower, slightly better armored T-44. In other words, a useless piece of poo poo. Can anyone confirm/deny?

I really wanted to buy this for crew training too. I was sorry to read that it's not good.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

James Garfield posted:

SU-85 doesn't have insane camo, it has the same camo to two significant figures as every non toaster tier 5 TD (AT 2 and M10 aren't TDs). It also has 350 view range with binoculars active. 350 view range is really bad. You cannot play vision games with view range that caps out with active binoculars at the same as a medium tank with no equipment.
"Don't spot your own targets" isn't a good excuse, if you'll be sitting that far away you might as well play a toaster with a better gun.

It's ok to like or do well in bad tanks.

edit: that said, if wargaming ever nerfed the T67 it's closer; when I last played the SU-85 was a full tier worse than the T67, and probably worse than the SU-85B even without considering matchmaking.

rex rabidorum vires posted:

SU85 is done. The last game of course was one where everything kinda worked...5 kills 1200 damage. Meh it's gone soon as that sale ends. Hello SU 100 though you look might fine. Also after 3 games in the STUG without the top gun I already like it more. Whatever...TDs really aren't my thing, but if I'm going to get some of those high TD missions going to need a 704.

Edit: AHAHAHHA looking at the stats - 42% WR 600 damage per game with 167 assisted. Let that be a lesson DON'T PLAY SOLO KIDS.
I honestly can't remember what playing the SU-85 was like, but going off of my stats, it seems like it's a perfectly fine tank. It's basically a good preview of the SU-100 and the 122 mm SU-152. If you're in a Soviet anything, but especially TDs, you're going to have to accept their limitations - no turrets and terrible viewranges.

And speaking of the SU-152, I've finally figured this tank out.

That second game was especially nice because that Luchs just had an amazing game. A game on Prokhorovka where, well, let's just say only one tank went to the hill - the E25. So, yeah, it didn't go well. But that Luchs, man. He outplayed their scouts, did a bunch of scouting damage himself. When it was him and myself against the T29, the TOG and the Chi-Nu, he kept the T29 spotted while I drove down his health and then soloed him when I had to turn around to deal with the Chi-Nu and the TOG coming up behind me. He had to do two drive-bys, it was mad. He finally died drawing the TOGs attention while I positioned myself to kill the TOG. Rip, little buddy.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Finally got overlord after like 40 games between yesterday and today. It's weird not having any clue where to go but my initial impression is that it's a cool map.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

NTRabbit posted:

Important question, since Poland isn't a tree in the game, is the Polish T-34/85 going to be German or Soviet? :v:

Whichever side allows them to expel the Roma and Jews and take their land and businesses.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

I've been power-grinding the Lorr 40t and this pubbie, bless his heart, charged me in an MT-25 while I was reloading. He himself had the autoloader. Every single one of his shots bounced off the front of my armor as he tried to drive by.

I didn't have any experience with MT-25's outside of watching them die ineffectually about 100% of the time, so I didn't really know how powerful the guns on it are. Watching all of those shells bounce might be the most surreal thing I've ever seen in the game.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge
The worst thing about patch days is a barely working/not working garage mod :argh:

This is double so where I have my sheriff account going, so I can't find the tanks I want to play.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Rorac posted:

I've been power-grinding the Lorr 40t and this pubbie, bless his heart, charged me in an MT-25 while I was reloading. He himself had the autoloader. Every single one of his shots bounced off the front of my armor as he tried to drive by.

I didn't have any experience with MT-25's outside of watching them die ineffectually about 100% of the time, so I didn't really know how powerful the guns on it are. Watching all of those shells bounce might be the most surreal thing I've ever seen in the game.

The autoloader on the MT-25 can really gently caress up a Lorraine/AMX 50 series tank if they manage to get to the side or rear. The autocannon on the MT-25 has 46mm of pen, which is just low enough for the angled front of a Lorraine to bounce. If he'd managed to get to your side, you could have lost up to about 1200 health.

The gun is generally a bad idea, but its so goddamn fun to just lay into someone who isn't expecting some stupid looking tank to spray shells at them for 30s, then run off. Plus it will eat other light tanks alive.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

James Garfield posted:

"Don't spot your own targets" isn't a good excuse, if you'll be sitting that far away you might as well play a toaster with a better gun.

No seriously, have you heard of CHAI sniping? I think you're on EU, but on NA we have whole clans of dudes that rely on other players to spot their targets for them.

Bigfabdaddy posted:

Hot drat this thread has doubled since I posted last. Hoping to get some tanking done tomorrow.

This is nothing. Back in our heyday the WoT threads would have like 100+ posts a day. I actually like how things are quiet here since Botes got its own thread.

Rorac posted:

To be honest I hadn't seen an MT-25 with the autoloader before Hellsau pointed it out. I grinded mine with the 57 mm (ZiS-8 IIRC) which is a usable gun (especially with APCR) albeit a peashooter.

Bigfabdaddy
Aug 3, 2014

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Atomizer posted:

No seriously, have you heard of CHAI sniping? I think you're on EU, but on NA we have whole clans of dudes that rely on other players to spot their targets for them.

This is nothing. Back in our heyday the WoT threads would have like 100+ posts a day. I actually like how things are quiet here since Botes got its own thread.

To be honest I hadn't seen an MT-25 with the autoloader before Hellsau pointed it out. I grinded mine with the 57 mm (ZiS-8 IIRC) which is a usable gun (especially with APCR) albeit a peashooter.

That's how work crew moves someday. Hard as hell for me to keep up with it.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Most of the times this thread gets a lot of posts I wind up learning a lot about high explosive ammunition

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Salean posted:

Most of the times this thread gets a lot of posts I wind up learning a lot about high explosive ammunition

Or the merits of various terrible tanks.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
I've started trying my MT-25 with the 37mm autocannon, it absolutely wrecks almost all other light tanks. A lot of other tanks are vulnerable to it, you just need to get to the flat side or rear armour, and you are guaranteed to wreck the crew and modules. It's particularly good at starting fires, for one thing.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Salean posted:

Sometimes it's just a three page dogpile on NTRabbit or that other dude who said a lot of terrible stuff and was proven to be bad at the game and also isn't me or NTRabbit.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Sometimes it's the latest in NA pubbie behaviour

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

kemikalkadet posted:

yeah just worked for me on EU.
No dice on NA. :(

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

I should have been dead multiple times but sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocGKgWYibfw

Props to Turkey_Vulture for yelling at me over TeamSpeak to let me know of the impending face loving I was about to receive and also to the teammates who actually clicked on red tanks and killed everything that moved.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

NTRabbit posted:

1 Armia Wojska Polskiego was formed by the USSR, so Soviet.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

CitizenKain posted:

So that premium T-34-85 Rudy tank has a Dog crew member. That is pretty much the best thing.

Is it possible to pre-order tanks???

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

CitizenKain posted:

The putdowns just write themselves with that tank.

"Yo dude my dog is a better tank driver than you."

"My dog doesn't have thumbs and he's still a better shot!"

"bark bark bark bark" "The dog says to eat a bowl of dicks, publord!"

"You just got killed by a Polish dog, think about that for a minute. Don't worry I'll wait."

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children

Arishtat posted:

The putdowns just write themselves with that tank.

"Yo dude my dog is a better tank driver than you."

"My dog doesn't have thumbs and he's still a better shot!"

"bark bark bark bark" "The dog says to eat a bowl of dicks, publord!"

"You just got killed by a Polish dog, think about that for a minute. Don't worry I'll wait."

:)

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Anyone have any recommendations for a decent gaming headset that doesn't cost a lot?

I guess I'm leaning towards this one because I've heard of the company and it's cheap: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826158082

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Apr 26, 2015

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I use a Plantronics 86050-05 Gamecom 380 Gaming Headset. Perfectly good quality sound. Apparently the mic is decent. And it has withstood an awful lot of being dropped on the desk as I walk away from Tanks. I think they're under £25 on Amazon.co.uk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Arishtat posted:

Props to Turkey_Vulture for yelling at me over TeamSpeak to let me know of the impending face loving I was about to receive

Just to clear the air, I am not Turkey_Vulture.