Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

grack posted:

Does anyone else feel kinda bad killing Snofleurs? I mean, useful skin and all that but they're so pathetic I feel like I'm killing someone's lost pet. Then I see them periscope and feel really bad.

I don't kill the non-aggressive animals in the game. My Inquisitor is animal-friendly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
Has there been any hint of an additional dlc?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

no but count on it

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Parody Threads posted:

Has there been any hint of an additional dlc?

Additional? I'm still waiting for Hakkon :argh:

Edit: This game is giving me Mass Effect 2 flashbacks, inasmuch as the more I play it, the more into it I seem to get :stare:

Edit: Loving where my ranged-focused Rogue is at. Starting a fight with a shot that can do 4000+ damage, and makes the target explode on death, never gets old :supaburn:

magimix fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Apr 26, 2015

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I just did Here Lies the Abyss with Varric along and left Hawke behind. I've never felt so guilty. Last time I left Stroud but this time it was between her and Alistair. It was ok until Varric came running up. "Where's Hawke?" poo poo :smith:

At least I got to give him a hug after.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rinkles posted:

The Orlesian Ball was Bioware doing what it does best. There's a lot I find objectionable about the game, but there's plenty good stuff here.

Yep, that was amazing. Though it was annoying that I never found a place to restock potions before the finale boss so I went into it with no healing potions. Only because I had my channel at level 2 was I able to finish the fight.

What gets me is that when a big enemy like a giant is near death, it starts to crawl around on its hands and knees and it looks so pityful. Sorry big guy, but there might be sweet purps in you.

Something that bugs the poo poo out of me besides the loot issues, is that its sometimes really, really hard to find paths up. It looks like you can walk up that incline, but nope, or you try jumping from one rock to another, but you fly back and fall down and a bunch of other stuff.

So the two characters in Riverside Garrison in the Exalted Plains won't talk to me. Bug or working as intended?

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Apr 26, 2015

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

eating only apples posted:

I just did Here Lies the Abyss with Varric along and left Hawke behind. I've never felt so guilty. Last time I left Stroud but this time it was between her and Alistair. It was ok until Varric came running up. "Where's Hawke?" poo poo :smith:

At least I got to give him a hug after.

VARRIC DISAPPROVES

:smith:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

twistedmentat posted:

Something that bugs the poo poo out of me besides the loot issues, is that its sometimes really, really hard to find paths up. It looks like you can walk up that incline, but nope, or you try jumping from one rock to another, but you fly back and fall down and a bunch of other stuff.

Get a horse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irWIm4vcI8Y

And speaking of flying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07q2ti6nnOw

(haha, the PS4 doesn't let you upload videos if your notifications list is full. Of course, it doesn't tell you any of this beyond an upload error.)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rinkles posted:

Get a horse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irWIm4vcI8Y

And speaking of flying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07q2ti6nnOw

(haha, the PS4 doesn't let you upload videos if your notifications list is full. Of course, it doesn't tell you any of this beyond an upload error.)

Holy poo poo that's hilarious.
Are there any bears in the Exalted plains? I can't seem to find any.

ColeM
Dec 23, 2007
New User Alert!

Wolfsheim posted:

Everything is overpowered in Awakenings, but I would honestly stick with daggers because the game gives you a good archer right away, and the two new rogue specializations seem suited to daggers anyway.

Also if you try to play Golems of Amgarrak as an archer you will get your poo poo pushed in by the final boss.

Not so, i was at max level and with my dexterity 100+ the boss and his minions, on nightmare, barely hit me. My party got slaughtered of course so i ended up soloing him. He is beatable with an archer rogue especially with Awakening abilies. That one where you do a single shot of massive damage made quick work of him.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

"Those guys HATED collecting shards, so instead of not including it or making it less of a SWTOR Holocron platforming segment, we're gonna include it again in the DLC and make it harder than all the rest! They'll love it! Give Bradley a promotion!"

What the gently caress is this poo poo?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Wasabi the J posted:

VARRIC DISAPPROVES

:smith:

That's the one thing keeping Hawke alive in all of my playthroughs. :( "Varric Disapproves" is always a sign that I've severely hosed up somehow.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Cythereal posted:

That's the one thing keeping Hawke alive in all of my playthroughs. :( "Varric Disapproves" is always a sign that I've severely hosed up somehow.

I don't save scum but I totally will for Varric disapproval.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Jesus gently caress I hate puzzles like the kind in the Dead Hand.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Varric is the one good thing to come from DA2, which is actually incredibly fortunate for that game because he's the narrator.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Manatee Cannon posted:

Varric is the one good thing to come from DA2, which is actually incredibly fortunate for that game because he's the narrator.

Aveline was pretty cool as well. The broest of the lady companions across all three games.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
gently caress I can't get tactical camera to work inside the dead hand, it just stays right on the characters.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Her companion quest brought her down a few pegs for me. Lady you were married, what is this junior high bullshit.

Her beating up the final boss while it was monologuing was hilarious though.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Aveline was pretty cool as well. The broest of the lady companions across all three games.

Cassandra's pretty good. Why couldn't the ladies have gotten her as a romance option instead of Sera? :(

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I hate when the Dragons fly around, its really annoying because even Dorian can't hit them in the air. Though Sera is adorably excited to hunt Dragons.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

ApplesandOranges posted:

She was basically Hawke's bossy-but-caring older sister.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Why do goons like Varric so much? He's really annoying and seems like he's trying to hard to be hard or whatever. Can't stand him in my group at all.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

GreenBuckanneer posted:

"Those guys HATED collecting shards, so instead of not including it or making it less of a SWTOR Holocron platforming segment, we're gonna include it again in the DLC and make it harder than all the rest! They'll love it! Give Bradley a promotion!"

What the gently caress is this poo poo?

shards are p. lame but the DLC ones are really easy to get

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Reason posted:

Why do goons like Varric so much? He's really annoying and seems like he's trying to hard to be hard or whatever. Can't stand him in my group at all.

:cripes:

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Is it because he's pretty much a goon? Seriously what am I missing? I understand the Sera hate, she's annoying as poo poo. But the love for the short chest hair dwarf man that is really kind of a complainer is weird.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I like varric but I hate hawke more so s/he pretty much always gets to deal with the spider.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Wolfsheim posted:

Also if you try to play Golems of Amgarrak as an archer you will get your poo poo pushed in by the final boss.

I had the most success on that silly boss by respeccing the dlc rogue companion to archery since it really sucks face tanking him without certain builds. The Awakenings archery skills were a direct band-aid to Origin's mostly crumby archery so it only gets better from there.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Golems of Amgarrak sucks and I hate it

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Reason posted:

Is it because he's pretty much a goon? Seriously what am I missing? I understand the Sera hate, she's annoying as poo poo. But the love for the short chest hair dwarf man that is really kind of a complainer is weird.

His best quality is his loyalty. He never abandons Hawke and he doesn't abandon the Inquisitor. I like that because the series is full of characters who have snits and leave because they can't understand the rationale behind your decisions (I'm mostly thinking of Alistair when I say this.) Varric doesn't love everything the PC does but he doesn't flounce on you either.

He's also very acerbic and funny; he cuts to the heart of the conflicts and doesn't pull his punches when he's analyzing. His banters with Iron Bull and Blackwall always dance on the edge of cruel and they're never untrue.

He also writes bodice rippers and wears a pimp chain. He is my bro.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Varric is also genuinely nice and noble, even if he tries to hide it.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Varric is also an excellent audience surrogate, and his analysis of a situation tends to be pretty spot on. "Well, poo poo," can be used to sum up a lot of Dragon Age.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Manatee Cannon posted:

Golems of Amgarrak sucks and I hate it

The challenge was really hollow imho, the harvester and his minions all hit like wrecking balls and can stun for reliable KOs but high dex characters will just dodge/block everything while ranged can keep their distance. Arcane warriors of both flavors can facetank when fully buffed too.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Lmao my Lady Cadash has 90% crit chance.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Reason posted:

He's an OK character. In DA2, "OK" was miles above most of the other characters.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

twistedmentat posted:

I hate when the Dragons fly around, its really annoying because even Dorian can't hit them in the air. Though Sera is adorably excited to hunt Dragons.

"Excited" is probably not the right word to use here.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I guess we were supposed to be attached to our Hawkes, but I disliked DA2 so much I just let her die and not even Varric's sorrow could make me care.
You get a pass, Stroud mustache guy who I guess is important somehow.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Mymla posted:

He's an OK character. In DA2, "OK" was miles above most of the other characters.

Him and Aveline might have been the only characters I didn't hate.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Varric, Aveline and Sarcastic Hawke were fine, and the only bright spots in that game.

Maybe Flemeth too. Maybe. She's fun to talk too.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Isabela and Sibling were pretty cool, too. All the others were literally mentally ill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Bethany was ok. A little dull, but unoffensive. Carver was a dickhead.

I actually never recruited Isabella. Completely missed her somehow.

• Locked thread