Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
I always pictured you more as a canada goose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
So, I'm kind of clueless on how the Elite level tanks work. I have thousands of experience points tied up in a few of them, does that go anywhere? I can't seem to convert them on my home screen menu as the selectors won't accept any input. I'm guessing that's for premium/gold players only, right?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Immanentized posted:

So, I'm kind of clueless on how the Elite level tanks work. I have thousands of experience points tied up in a few of them, does that go anywhere? I can't seem to convert them on my home screen menu as the selectors won't accept any input. I'm guessing that's for premium/gold players only, right?

You need gold to convert elite xp to free xp.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Immanentized posted:

It's just there for people to spend gold on to turn into free exp. If you hate the idea of playing a tank or a stock tank you can pay to skip it.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Thanks for the answers, I figured I wasn't going to be a free thing.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Immanentized posted:

Thanks for the answers, I figured I wasn't going to be a free thing.

If you won't be converting that, turn the checkbox for crew training on, extra experience will go towards the crew members then.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

I finally unlocked and bought the Batchat. :toot:

I have to say though I will be eternally confused by one of my last Lorr games. I ended up tracked and face to face with an object 268. He fired and by... gently caress I don't even know what, but he bounced.

I understand the penetration mechanics, I understand how normalization works, I know that shells have up to +-25% of their penetration on any given shot. I do not understand how a tier 10 TD fails to penetrate a Lorr at touching distance. If somebody could explain, that would be great.

Rorac fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Apr 27, 2015

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Rorac posted:

I have to say though I will be eternally confused by one of my last Lorr games. I ended up tracked and face to face with an object 268. He fired and by... gently caress I don't even know what, but he bounced.

I understand the penetration mechanics, I understand how normalization works, I know that shells have up to +-25% of their penetration on any given shot. I do not understand how a tier 10 TD fails to penetrate a Lorr at touching distance. If somebody could explain, that would be great.

Where did the shell hit you?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Rorac posted:

It's like bouncing off the back of an MT-25 at 20 meters when you're in a 704. Basically, a wizard did it.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

subhelios posted:

Where did the shell hit you?

You know, I simply couldn't tell where it was until I looked back on the replay. I had to turn off all of the extra effects because of everything going on, I couldn't see penetration marks anywhere.

Going with minimal graphical settings and on 1/16th speed I found that he somehow, by some miracle donked the shot into my track from 12m away. I didn't notice it in game because I was already tracked in place when it was happening live. Welp, that explains it now. :v:

Rorac fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Apr 27, 2015

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Rorac posted:

You know, simply couldn't tell where it was until I looked back on the replay. I had to turn off all of the extra effects because of everything going on, I couldn't see penetration marks anywhere.

Going with minimal graphical settings and on 1/16th speed I found that he somehow, by some miracle donked the shot into my track from 12m away. I didn't notice it in game because I was already tracked in place when it was happening live. Welp, that explains it now. :v:

Glad to be of help :v:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

It's like bouncing off the back of an MT-25 at 20 meters when you're in a 704. Basically, a wizard did it.

I bounced two shots from a WT E100 in my awfulpanther as I was driving away from it. Wizards indeed.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Despite my pre-match pleadings, my idiot team stormed the valley from south Spawn on Lakeville. I went to the middle in my 59 (no lights), and got murdered when we didn't have any tanks to shoot them from cityside. I made disparaging remarks about the team and hosed off to another game. When I got out, I had this gem waiting for me.

Notice how he cleverly doesn't address any of the painful facts of his complete and utter inability to drool onto his mouse hard enough to click on red tanks, or his idiotic assertion that a yellow player with 25k games played is a reroll.

Why is being stupid only painful for people that have to deal with them? That is so unfair. This weekend 3 out every 4 teams I get stuck on seem to be of the ~35-40% win chance range. It is loving infuriating.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Azhais posted:

I bounced two shots from a WT E100 in my awfulpanther as I was driving away from it. Wizards indeed.

Once I shot an AMX 13 90 in the side, point blank with 155mm APCR from the T95, and only tracked it. You can't explain this poo poo, it's just magic

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

WitchFetish posted:

Once I shot an AMX 13 90 in the side, point blank with 155mm APCR from the T95, and only tracked it. You can't explain this poo poo, it's just magic

I shot an SU-14-2 with my 13 90 twice from literally 5 yards away and did no damage yesterday. No bounce, just 2 shots that loving disappeared.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

CitizenKain posted:

So that premium T-34-85 Rudy tank has a Dog crew member. That is pretty much the best thing.
My clan is gonna have a loving field day in chat with that thing. :v:

WayAbvPar posted:

I shot an SU-14-2 with my 13 90 twice from literally 5 yards away and did no damage yesterday. No bounce, just 2 shots that loving disappeared.
Most recently I had an SU-152 fire a derp cannon HEAT shell at my Luchs from like 15 m away. He hit the track for no hp damage. Then I finished my reload, clipped him in the face and killed him.
There's no magic to it though, it's just RNG/bad aim/both throwing the shell low enough that it hits the track but passes underneath the hull.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Apr 27, 2015

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
Went to a WG live event cause it was close and I had nothing better to do.

Fill this out and you may or may not get gold. http://survey.wargaming.net/s/PlayerGatheringApril26/

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

*sensible chuckle*

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

For those that grinded the lorraine. Did you bother with the tracks and engine or just use a suspension to mount two pieces of equipment?

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

BadLlama posted:

For those that grinded the lorraine. Did you bother with the tracks and engine or just use a suspension to mount two pieces of equipment?

It's a long grind, so I got the suspension and the engine. It's by no means a slow machine, but it is a really big one so any extra speed and manuverability you can get is worth the cost. You'll probably also want a gun laying drive, V.stab and coated optics, so giving up any of those is really painful.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Wanna get that dog tank :stare:

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

What's the dog do anyway? Does he take up a crew slot? Radio operator? Will dogge be visible sticking out of one of the hatches or what.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Saint Celestine posted:

Fill this out and you may or may not get gold. http://survey.wargaming.net/s/PlayerGatheringApril26/

Yes I totally flew from Australia to San Fransisco to watch internet tanks and have offered my opinion.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Fat Jesus posted:

What's the dog do anyway? Does he take up a crew slot? Radio operator? Will dogge be visible sticking out of one of the hatches or what.

Most adorable armor hole ever. No 'yelp' when he gets hit, though! :rolleyes:

I'm tempted to ask for the gold in WoWS, but I don't trust them to 'remember' to credit it when it goes OBT.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Apr 27, 2015

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.
Unnecasasry.

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Apr 27, 2015

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fat Jesus posted:

haha dogges can't talk on teh radio silly. he is clearly the loader.

Alpine Mustache
Jul 11, 2000

Saint Celestine posted:

i hope this wasn't some kind of email phishing scheme because i totally filled it out.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
Judging from the leaked picture the dog appears to have its own crew role, Dog. It has a paw for an icon.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Saint Celestine posted:

Saw your replay on the Wotlabs forum.
Must suck to die to a HE shooting Jpz100 after doing 10k damage :stare:

Bigfabdaddy
Aug 3, 2014

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
So what must one do to obtain goon status in WoT?

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Bigfabdaddy posted:

You would have to be more specific. Do you mean on TS or our goons channel or in a goon clan or what?

Bigfabdaddy
Aug 3, 2014

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

subhelios posted:

You would have to be more specific. Do you mean on TS or our goons channel or in a goon clan or what?

Channel, TS?(you don't use the gaming mumble server?), and clan. I currently play with a group from dadshideout.com their not bad guys and understanding to going AFK randomly due to children, but I feel that goons bring much more enjoyment to games. I was thinking I would enjoy being a part of that. If my walking off randomly due to crying children is acceptable.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Bigfabdaddy posted:

Channel, TS?(you don't use the gaming mumble server?), and clan. I currently play with a group from dadshideout.com their not bad guys and understanding to going AFK randomly due to children, but I feel that goons bring much more enjoyment to games. I was thinking I would enjoy being a part of that. If my walking off randomly due to crying children is acceptable.

There's a gaming mumble server :stare:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3516406 is the thread for dealing with the in-game channel and when if the password ever changes, it'll get posted here.
Currently named Goons or some variant of that. Password is in the first post of that thread.

The 'main' TS at this point is the PANSY TS if you're in NA or tin cans connected by a string if you're in EUR. I don't even want to know what the poor souls in the SEA server have to deal with.
PANSY TS address: 209.15.226.35:10937
If you hop on soonish I can take care of permissions tags immediately, though anyone who's been authenticated can do it.

Lastly, If you're on NA I can get you an invite to PANSY. You'd have to talk to other people about getting into 2PAC or whatever other clan you're wanting to get into.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Bigfabdaddy posted:

You have to be an insufferable trashtalking, teamkilling bastard who drinks a bottle of vodka a night.

If this sounds like you, please fill out this application and send it to Hellsau (aka Chillsau). NA only.

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Apr 27, 2015

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Missing Name posted:

You have to be an insufferable trashtalking, teamkilling bastard who drinks a bottle of vodka a night.

If this sounds like you, please fill out this application and send it to Hellsau (aka Chillsau). NA only.

EU already has Chumbly so I think we're at capacity for trashtalking alcoholics.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Aramoro posted:

EU already has Chumbly so I think we're at capacity for trashtalking alcoholics.

You also have GiantHurtBall. Please explain that person to us.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

subhelios posted:

You also have GiantHurtBall. Please explain that person to us.

Same person.

Also, I don't think Chumbly drinks. Which makes it somehow even worse.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Gervasius posted:

Same person.

Ah. I should have guessed that not even decadent old europe could produce two people like that.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Gervasius posted:

Same person.

He doesn't? Dear god.

It does make TS like a public information broadcast though, learning all the facts about things you never wanted to know anything about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer
All joking aside, Chumbs is pretty chill to platoon with.