Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Godholio posted:

Between that show and the Rocketeer, I'll never stop loving art deco.

They actually used black paper for BAS to give it that dark feel. WB actually put a surprising amount of money and effort into production.

Do you mean literally drawing on black paper? Must have been a pain in the rear end since you'd be animating negatives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
The Joker has been the one comic character who has had consistently good actors playing the role. Caesar Romero in the 60's Batman, Jack Nicholson in the Tim Burton version, Mark Hamill in the animation and the Arkham games, and Heath ledger in the Christopher Nolan version. Let's hope Jared Leto doesn't gently caress it up.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Batman TAS had some of the most hosed up episodes to see as a kid. The Clayface one, and mr freeze are the ones that spring to mind. Awesome show

The mad bomber when he teams up with the actor/hero he idolized as a kid was always my favorite.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Do you mean literally drawing on black paper? Must have been a pain in the rear end since you'd be animating negatives.

yeah, it was a massive pain in the rear end for them but it made it look loving gorgeous

also god drat it's insane to me that they were able to use a full orchestra for the score. for a goddamn kid's cartoon.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Lazy Reservist posted:

The Joker has been the one comic character who has had consistently good actors playing the role. Caesar Romero in the 60's Batman, Jack Nicholson in the Tim Burton version, Mark Hamill in the animation and the Arkham games, and Heath ledger in the Christopher Nolan version. Let's hope Jared Leto doesn't gently caress it up.

too late

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
If the joker is an insane person how does he sit so long for all those tattoos. Seems like he would have grabbed the machine and stabbed the tattoo guy in the face with it out of boredom.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

he got them when he was at arkham

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

yeah, it was a massive pain in the rear end for them but it made it look loving gorgeous

also god drat it's insane to me that they were able to use a full orchestra for the score. for a goddamn kid's cartoon.

The show has aged really well, too. There's details and subtext that I only picked up on years down the road. At this point calling TAS a kid's cartoon is a wrong.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

holocaust bloopers posted:

The show has aged really well, too. There's details and subtext that I only picked up on years down the road. At this point calling TAS a kid's cartoon is a wrong.

well yeah, but at the time it aired on kids WB and all that

its really well done, the voicework was incredible for what it was, and hell even the spinoff from it (Batman Beyond) was pretty rad

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Batman TAS was the introduction of Harley Quinn, yea? Which is loving crazy because that show didn't pull any punches on that seriously abusive relationship.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

oh come on. who the gently caress thought heath ledger would be as great as he was? and then it turned out to be one of the best characters I've ever seen on screen.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Ugh. Is this even a real photo? I keep seeing it pop up but I'm hoping it's some fanboy fake.

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

Fart Sandwiches posted:

If the joker is an insane person how does he sit so long for all those tattoos. Seems like he would have done them himself.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Batman TAS was the introduction of Harley Quinn, yea? Which is loving crazy because that show didn't pull any punches on that seriously abusive relationship.

Yeah. The guy responsible is Paul Dini, who's had a hand in all kinds of stuff going back to like 1980 or so. The dude wrote episodes of He Man for fucks sake.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Cole posted:

oh come on. who the gently caress thought heath ledger would be as great as he was? and then it turned out to be one of the best characters I've ever seen on screen.

From this

to this

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

the dude cut off his own face and stapled it back on so yeah

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
Don't be a prick while playing poker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_yqCQvpZyc

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

From this

to this

he won't touch ledger's performance. not even close. but i'll give him the benefit of the doubt until i see it suck for myself.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

They should have made them shittier.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Owns.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWgyKDfFC_U

edit:
also good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDuetklFtDQ

bloops fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Apr 27, 2015

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8f_mE7Zc5w

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

I saw TDKR at MOSI in Tampa. If you don't know, it has a dome screen that is about 3x bigger than your average IMAX screen (you have to turn your head almost fully left and right to see the whole screen). The scene where Batman gets his rear end kicked is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. Watched most of it with my jaw dropped. I don't really ever feel bad for a character in movies, but in that scene I genuinely felt bad for Batman, and I'm pretty sure the experience of the theater is the reason why.

I also saw TDK there as well.

The screen is so big that they legit give you vomit bags if you request one, because motion sickness happens a lot. When I saw TDK my buddy's girlfriend had to leave shortly after it started.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

The Dark Knight is pretty much a Michael Mann-type crime film so go watch that.

Even featured William Fichtner in what was basically a reprise of his role in Heat.

That role would be "shady banker who tries to pull some poo poo and gets got"

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

iyaayas01 posted:

Even featured William Fichtner in what was basically a reprise of his role in Heat.

That role would be "shady banker who tries to pull some poo poo and gets got"

Fichtner's sister is a tanker pilot.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPJ8b7zwa98

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

I could give it the benefit of the doubt and be like, "just a different type of crazy, " but the metal teeth kind of ruin it. He's otherwise pretty clean looking (i.e. well done tattoos; other than makeup not particularly dirty looking) so why would his dental hygiene be so bad? Oh wait it's movie and they just wanted the crazy dude look crazier with metal teeth when in reality it just makes him look like some wigger.

USMC503 fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Apr 27, 2015

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

All of the Mr Freeze episodes were :smith: as gently caress in Batman TAS. I think he eventually died and Bruce Wayne ended up curing his wife?

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
the ultimate realization of juggalo fantasy

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

krispykremessuck posted:

the ultimate realization of juggalo fantasy

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

im ok with it because it's nothing like the heath ledger joker

i was kinda afraid they were going to stick someone in there who would just attempt to do it that way, but it looks completely different.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Bolow posted:

All of the Mr Freeze episodes were :smith: as gently caress in Batman TAS. I think he eventually died and Bruce Wayne ended up curing his wife?

Jailed in TAS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EtHfr0eBA4

Died in Beyond
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD6q4C_2hPc

:smith:

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
He looks like Dr. Frank-N-Furter's disappointing son who's doing 5-10 on a meth bust.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

clayface was a seriously awesome villain

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Zsasz was a seriously awesome villain

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i thought that dude was manson for a minute

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Just did a budget for myself through 2016 since I can be pretty exact on my income and my bills probably won't change much for a while. If I stay disciplined and no crazy poo poo happens I'm looking at around $10k in savings by 2017. Figured I would max an IRA and then just build up the rest of it as a nice little nest egg.

Civ life owns.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

clayface was a seriously awesome villain

I'd love to see a Batman film take on Matt Hagen/Clayface as the villain. That would own so loving hard.

Batman Begins had some slight shades of Batman TAS right at then end. Nolan dropped all of that for the subsequent films, though.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i wanna see batman shoot a dude with a shotgun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i wanna see batman shoot a dude with a shotgun

• Locked thread