Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

jivjov posted:

I bought one of those...ended up getting $100 promo credit from Amazon for buying "a new technology that didn't pan out"

Do they offer this promo for people who bought Vitas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The vita is really good.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

noirstronaut posted:

I don't think the vita was involved in a format war, so no.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

noirstronaut posted:

You can get $25 back if you bought a 3G version at launch because they totally lied about what you'd be able to do with that model (play multiplayer and download games over 3G lol).

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
there WAS a Vita early-adopter class-action suit a while back you might be able to benefit from

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Someone should start a 3ds shark tank thread so everyone can go bitch about the resolution and RAM there and how Nintendo is failing.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

they called the second ds the 3ds

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

littleorv posted:

Someone should start a 3ds shark tank thread so everyone can go bitch about the resolution and RAM there and how Nintendo is failing.

Yeahhhhhhh, can't wait to read those Taint Reaper posts :twisted:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

new three dual screen xtra large

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Cake Attack posted:

DSi was the second DS

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

jivjov posted:

I don't think the vita was involved in a format war, so no.

Yes and it's for the worse because absolutely nobody uses those stupid memory cards.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

acksplode posted:

DSi was the second DS

the dsi was the 3rd ds

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The 3ds is a terrible handheld gaming system and any of you over the age of 12 should be ashamed of having one.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Man, I remember UMD video. Tons of movies were released on that godawful format. One time I bought a copy of FF7 Advent Children for 1€ so I'd have a keepsake to remember Sony is insane a decade later or so. It's like they never learn.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

The 3ds is a terrible handheld gaming system and any of you over the age of 12 should be ashamed of having one.

it's a fantastic handheld system but I am ashamed of owning it

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Saoshyant posted:

Man, I remember UMD video. Tons of movies were released on that godawful format. One time I bought a copy of FF7 Advent Children for 1€ so I'd have a keepsake to remember Sony is insane a decade later or so. It's like they never learn.

i have family guy season 1 on umd

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

acksplode posted:

it's a fantastic handheld system but I am ashamed of owning it

It's the best system on the market and I am proud to own one. I just won't take it out in public.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

It's the best system on the market and I am proud to own one. I just won't take it out in public.

I play a JRPG on my obnoxiously large new 3ds xl in view of other grown adults as I commute to my office job on public transit every day. And I Vote

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Fryhtaning posted:

And even with that gimmick (Bluray on PS3), the Xbox 360 still outsold it, even if wasn't by much.
at first but the ps3 overtook it worldwide a couple years ago

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Let's take a moment of silence for GBA Video

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

FirstAidKite posted:

i have a fairly odd parents and all grown up episode on this poo poo

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

FirstAidKite posted:

I still want to know who greenlit this idea. I want to know who watched the finished product and said "YEP, this is a quality product"

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

i have family guy season 1 on umd

I'm not sure what the worst part of this statement is.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

acksplode posted:

I play a JRPG on my obnoxiously large new 3ds xl in view of other grown adults as I commute to my office job on public transit every day. And I Vote

Northern VA VRE commuter? I keep street tagging somebody everyday who plays Pokemon.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

FirstAidKite posted:

Hot drat, wasn't Shrek on this in like 20 parts?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Color Printer posted:

I still want to know who greenlit this idea. I want to know who watched the finished product and said "YEP, this is a quality product"
Majesco made an assload of money on GBA Video, its probably the only reason they're still in business.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Volt Catfish posted:

Hot drat, wasn't Shrek on this in like 20 parts?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

What the gently caress is this GBA movies? I have no memory of this? What the hell?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

littleorv posted:

What the gently caress is this GBA movies? I have no memory of this? What the hell?

It was a very, incredibly brief stint between Nintendo and some companies that produces movies or cartoons and stuff. It's just a GBA cart you pop into your GBA and it played moves with basic VCR-irsh controls, like fast forward or reverse and stuff.

I think only ten or so were made.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Northern VA VRE commuter? I keep street tagging somebody everyday who plays Pokemon.

nah west coast and im playing xenoblade (people keep tapping me on the shoulder and remarking on how good it looks)

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
anybody have a recording of when Twitch Plays Pokemon played with the GBA player? I remember seeing that live and was nearly in tears laughing

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:psypop: how many carts did that come on?

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
can't you read, it's 2movies1!
in

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

"..."

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

there WAS a Vita early-adopter class-action suit a while back you might be able to benefit from

What is even the legal basis for that

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i think it has to do with sony saying you would be able to do useful things over 3g

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Looper posted:

What is even the legal basis for that

false advertising, they basically advertised the 3g capabilities and the remote play capabilities as been able to things they can't

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Oh lol, I forgot the 3g model was even a thing

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

codenameFANGIO posted:

Yeahhhhhhh, can't wait to read those Taint Reaper posts :twisted:

But the 3ds actually gives me new games that i want like Monster Hunter 4, persona, Tales, Zelda, Pokemon, and many others. I've got around 40 3ds games.

The Wii-U has only Monster Hunter 3 and a port of a Zelda game I already own in it's original format. I've still got under 20 Wii-U games or something and I've got all the worthwhile exclusives.

and no mario Party 10, Hyrule Warriors, and Toad Treasure Tracker and that stupid new kirby game do not count as worthwhile exclusives. They are Bargain Bin worthy and are only considered worthwhile if they 5 bucks and under.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Apr 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

:shepicide: